Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Phone posted:

Work blocked CL so I can't hunt for Honda Cubs/Passports. :(

Look into a Yamaha C3, I've had mine for a few months now and I love it.

In fact the only thing I'd sell it for is a Grom, they are out of my snack bracket for now but I'm pretty sure I'll eventually have one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

1.4 INCH DICK posted:

This isn''t a late april fools post, I found out today one of my exes from California is about a half hour drive away from me on a trip :stare: I havent talked to her in two years, she's the girl I proposed to when driving Lowered Expectations who wound up banging a half dozen of my friends. Looked her up on facebook and discovered in the past couple years she either discovered One Wierd Trick that Dieticians Hate, or has been hitting the glass dick for god knows how long. She looked absolutely wrecked. And yet, somehow, way, way hotter than she's ever been. So I've been spending the day contemplating why my dick has decided that skinny batshit crazy tweakers with dead hollow eyes are totally its thing. Like there is a direct proportional relationship between how broken somebody is and the level of desire I feel for that person. The closest I can describe the feeling is that brain is trying to talk to his coworker dick, saying 'Hey man, this doesnt look so hot so why don't we sit this one out okay?' And what brain doesnt realise is that dick stopped taking his pills like two weeks ago and has just entered the Messiah phase of full blown mania and is entirely too busy planning out to the exact second when he's going to need to tuck and roll out of the burning helicopter that happens to be on a collision course with the local nuclear power plant.

this fuckin post

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

So we may not be moving to Tampa after all, my FIL's job may place him somewhere up here even though all of the site bosses that really really want him are down in Tampa and Los Angeles :(

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I'm up $30 at lunch today. I ordered a $15 meal that my boss paid for and it's 30 minutes past the end of our break and we are still here.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I'm up $30 at lunch today. I ordered a $15 meal that my boss paid for and it's 30 minutes past the end of our break and we are still here.

I'm working from home in shorts and a T-shirt. I claim victory over a long free lunch. :)

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Darchangel posted:

How did that happen?

They basically followed in behind me and I didn't slam the door in their face. I'm trying not to beat myself up over it but Jesus Christ its one issue after another with this loving building.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Did they go into someone's unlocked apartment?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

BraveUlysses posted:

Did they go into someone's unlocked apartment?

2 or 3 based on what I heard, they basically went around trying doors. Also people apparently were walking past them while they were smoking meth in the lobby so at least I'm not the only guilty party here.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Hey Nittospazzz I just won a bid war on a Fanatec CSR wheel and pedals, and they should be here next week. That's five of us with wheels and we're planning on playing Assetto Corsa and iRacing. Pretty sure I remember you mentioned you have a G27? You down?

Also, Grom chat: my dad has two of them. They rule so hard.

Edit: Durr, didn't see your previous post. Get that poo poo set up! Also anyone else who wants to race is welcome to join.

T-Square fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Apr 2, 2015

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

1500quidporsche posted:

They basically followed in behind me and I didn't slam the door in their face. I'm trying not to beat myself up over it but Jesus Christ its one issue after another with this loving building.

I take it the place has security doors and such to try to minimize letting the wrong people in?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I have iracing too if you guys are just starting with the cars/tracks that came with the game.

I should reinstall Dirt3 sometime, too. That was a lot of fun but I stuck to the MP aspect of the game, and after a year or so it was pretty empty a lot of the time.

I loved that if you were host you were able to force cockpit view for everyone else if you wanted to, à la iracing.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Cage posted:

I have iracing too if you guys are just starting with the cars/tracks that came with the game.

I should reinstall Dirt3 sometime, too. That was a lot of fun but I stuck to the MP aspect of the game, and after a year or so it was pretty empty a lot of the time.

I loved that if you were host you were able to force cockpit view for everyone else if you wanted to, à la iracing.

I uninstalled Dirt 3 after it repeatedly lost my save files due to the stupid Windows LIVE save to cloud feature.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

keykey posted:

I take it the place has security doors and such to try to minimize letting the wrong people in?

Yeah, its a condo building and the guys didn't look particularly sketchy, but in retrospect I know I hosed up.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Cage posted:

I'll definitely make a post in here once I get everything set up/put together and reactivate my iRacing account.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

FYI, there is an iRacing thread in Games where a few of us vidya gaem players SERIOUS DRIVING SIMULATOR ENTHUSIASTS hang out.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

CommieGIR posted:

I uninstalled Dirt 3 after it repeatedly lost my save files due to the stupid Windows LIVE save to cloud feature.

Do you have it on Steam? If yes, check your library, you should have DiRT 3 Complete Edition in there now. Install that instead. No more GFWL, all Steamworks.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

T-Square posted:

Hey Nittospazzz I just won a bid war on a Fanatec CSR wheel and pedals, and they should be here next week. That's five of us with wheels and we're planning on playing Assetto Corsa and iRacing. Pretty sure I remember you mentioned you have a G27? You down?

Edit: Durr, didn't see your previous post. Get that poo poo set up! Also anyone else who wants to race is welcome to join.

I might tack something together as a temporary solution and just see how hot my laptop can get before it starts throttling. Planning on picking up iRacing, Assetto Corsa and now Dirt3:argh:

Grom chat: they are fun, we 'raced' them around a track and it was the stupidest best fun I've had at the track in a while.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

1500quidporsche posted:

Yeah, its a condo building and the guys didn't look particularly sketchy, but in retrospect I know I hosed up.

I'd place the blame purely on the people who failed to lock their condo's. It's not your job to potentially get into a physical confrontation with people who push right behind you into the building. Even at work they only expect us to call security if someone tailgates in on our entry, not actually try to force them back out or push the door closed against them.

Maybe you should have called security (if it exists there, sounds like it really doesn't), but beyond that, I would say that you have zero responsibility for other people failing to lock their doors.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Elmnt80 posted:

Today someone asked me if they should pour a gallon of lacquer thinner into their gas tank as a way to clean their catalytic converter and injectors. It wasn't an april fools joke. :(

Possibly not total bollocks.

Some cellulose thinner is basically Toluene (I can buy anti bloom cellulose thinners which is 95% toluene)

The main ingredient in many octane boosters in toluene - so the right cellulose thinners also works as octane booster (I use it in my saab turbo and it works as well as proper octane booster at like 10% of the price)

It also looks like from my googling that toluene is an ingredient in some injector/fuel system cleaners - so if you use the right stuff in the right quantities it might actually work!

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

If it cleans anything, though, it'd get as far as the fuel system and no more. Maaaaybe it might act a bit like seafoam and take some carbon off the back of the intake valve. But once it gets burned and dumped out the exhaust, I don't see it doing anything to the cat that regular exhaust doesn't already do.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

IOwnCalculus posted:

If it cleans anything, though, it'd get as far as the fuel system and no more. Maaaaybe it might act a bit like seafoam and take some carbon off the back of the intake valve. But once it gets burned and dumped out the exhaust, I don't see it doing anything to the cat that regular exhaust doesn't already do.

Sorry - I meant as an injector cleaner it might work. I can't imagine anything can clean a cat out?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Tomarse posted:

I can't imagine anything can clean a cat out?
Broom handle or a breaker bar works well.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.
Hammer drill with a 1' auger bit.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

InitialDave posted:

Broom handle or a breaker bar works well.

so does a stuck injector as long as it gets hot enough before it plugs solid.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Unfiltered hard cider = great.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Powershift posted:

so does a stuck injector as long as it gets hot enough before it plugs solid.
I can say from experience that, while amusing, having your exhaust glowing cherry red during normal driving is not A Good Thing.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Tomarse posted:

Some cellulose thinner is basically Toluene (I can buy anti bloom cellulose thinners which is 95% toluene)

The main ingredient in many octane boosters in toluene - so the right cellulose thinners also works as octane booster (I use it in my saab turbo and it works as well as proper octane booster at like 10% of the price)

It also looks like from my googling that toluene is an ingredient in some injector/fuel system cleaners - so if you use the right stuff in the right quantities it might actually work!

Yeah, I was kinda surprised when I looked it up after getting home. But it also seems to be most useful in places like nigeria without access to shelves of octane boosters that doesn't possibly contain chemicals you don't want going through your fuel system. :v:

And this was a person who was looking for the cheapest way to do something. He would have gone to home depot, grabbed the cheapest can on the shelf and dumped all of it in. All on the advice of a youtube video because "it had like a million views so he must know what he's talking about, right!?!".
And I'd say its a somewhat safe assumption that this is the video watched: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5icTmYItwiE

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Righto, UK goons! I need Hammerite paint, in satin black, in or around Leicester. Anyone know if it's possible to beat B&Q's £17/L they come out as on the half-gallon tins?

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

InitialDave posted:

Righto, UK goons! I need Hammerite paint, in satin black, in or around Leicester. Anyone know if it's possible to beat B&Q's £17/L they come out as on the half-gallon tins?

Check Screwfixes prices for both Hammerite and their own brand screwfixerite

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

T-Square posted:

I'm in as well I have been meaning to set up the g27 now that I have a proper pc to run sims.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Tomarse posted:

Check Screwfixes prices for both Hammerite and their own brand screwfixerite
Mmm, the issue is I've painted one bit of metal in hammerite satin black already, so need the same or a drat good match. It's for metal fence framing, nothing particularly important, but i want it to not be an obvious mismatch.

Sir Pukesalot
Nov 3, 2012

T-Square posted:

When I get home again I'll probably be in for most things. I have a g27.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

1.4 INCH DICK posted:

This isn''t a late april fools post, I found out today one of my exes from California is about a half hour drive away from me on a trip :stare: I havent talked to her in two years, she's the girl I proposed to when driving Lowered Expectations who wound up banging a half dozen of my friends. Looked her up on facebook and discovered in the past couple years she either discovered One Wierd Trick that Dieticians Hate, or has been hitting the glass dick for god knows how long. She looked absolutely wrecked. And yet, somehow, way, way hotter than she's ever been. So I've been spending the day contemplating why my dick has decided that skinny batshit crazy tweakers with dead hollow eyes are totally its thing. Like there is a direct proportional relationship between how broken somebody is and the level of desire I feel for that person. The closest I can describe the feeling is that brain is trying to talk to his coworker dick, saying 'Hey man, this doesnt look so hot so why don't we sit this one out okay?' And what brain doesnt realise is that dick stopped taking his pills like two weeks ago and has just entered the Messiah phase of full blown mania and is entirely too busy planning out to the exact second when he's going to need to tuck and roll out of the burning helicopter that happens to be on a collision course with the local nuclear power plant.

This is me but with cars and houses. The siren call of irredeemable basket cases. Likely with rotten sills and lots of issues caused and/or covered up by previous victims.

... actually, no, you're right, women too... but I've learned to flee and cut my losses now instead of playing double or nothing.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
So what do you call rover people? :v:

Staten Island Ferry has 16 oz beers for 3.50... That's a bargain!

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
I've started looking for a new job because I can't stand working for my parents any longer. I came across an ad for a diesel mechanic for Canadian Pacific, working on diesel locomotives and I'm thinking about applying for it. From what the ad says I could probably enter as a trainee, and work my way up from there. Working on trains sound super loving cool to me, but apart from that I know next to nothing about the locomotive industry. Any AI goons have high praise (or warnings)?

[edit] Apart from the diesel mechanic certifications, I may be way over qualified for this job.

MustardFacial fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Apr 2, 2015

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

So, with the new Fast and Furious coming out and the recent talk about the rest of the series, I suppose now is as good a time as any to link this :siren:limited run Fast and Furious sticker pack:siren: Hoonigan is doing. They're all pretty great :v:

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Tomarse posted:

Didn't F1 cars run on toluene at some point? I know I've seen people mix it 50/50 with gas for "cheap race gas".

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

gently caress you Comcast. It shouldn't be this difficult to "activate" our new modem.

User Error
Aug 31, 2006

Elmnt80 posted:

Yeah, I was kinda surprised when I looked it up after getting home. But it also seems to be most useful in places like nigeria without access to shelves of octane boosters that doesn't possibly contain chemicals you don't want going through your fuel system. :v:

And this was a person who was looking for the cheapest way to do something. He would have gone to home depot, grabbed the cheapest can on the shelf and dumped all of it in. All on the advice of a youtube video because "it had like a million views so he must know what he's talking about, right!?!".
And I'd say its a somewhat safe assumption that this is the video watched: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5icTmYItwiE

Meh, just use a non-fouler to pull the post-cat O2 sensor up out of the exhaust stream and clear the codes. Been driving my M3 like that for 2 years and the code hasn't come back :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

User Error posted:

Meh, just use a non-fouler to pull the post-cat O2 sensor up out of the exhaust stream and clear the codes. Been driving my M3 like that for 2 years and the code hasn't come back :ssh:

I am pretty sure no one actually uses those as plug non foulers anymore, but as long as they keep calling them that, the EPA won't stop them from being sold :v:

• Locked thread