Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

You won't be avoiding anything because you have two brothers and two sisters on either side you choose

Inflammatory posted:

marry your best friend's brain damaged zombie sister instead.

The paralogues were kinda hosed up when you think about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i can't imagine children are back, adding a time skip or time travel onto the stuff we already have would be a stretch

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I'm just going to play as a female and avoid all this nonsense.

Also, do we have any details on the support system yet? I'm assuming it's going to be just like Awakening's but better if only because we won't need to unlock people by having every female character reach an S rank. Unless they bring back time travel and kids, which I really hope they don't.

There's still a blood related older brother and probably an older brother by adoption.

You either have a little sister or you are the little sister. There's no escape.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

i can't imagine children are back, adding a time skip or time travel onto the stuff we already have would be a stretch

Maybe that's the third campaign

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Manatee Cannon posted:

You won't be avoiding anything because you have two brothers and two sisters on either side you choose

Kind of? You could also marry the lunatic that drove your best buddies sister to suicide. Or the man that built a totalitarian state that swallowed the neighboring continent and tried to expand into your home. The only two paralogues that weren't messed up were priam and alt universe swordmaster dude.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Manatee Cannon posted:

Maybe that's the third campaign

FE4 was supposed to have a third act that was just the kids reuniting with the surviving parents to clean things up. Julius was supposed to be redeemable and recruitable for this.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Zwingley posted:

Well you see, one of the imoutos little sisters is only your sister by adoption, so she's a waifu candida-:suicide:

This is the set up to many an amine. Everything in FE has been really tame compared to some of the poo poo I've seen.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

Wait. Really? But i've only seen people going on about the little sisters. It took me a day to realise there were apparently older sisters as well.

Not that it matters at any rate because it's not like the anime butler is related to the MC.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i'll be very upset if redhead pegasus knight and boobs wyvern rider are also your sisters.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

FoolyCharged posted:

Kind of? You could also marry the lunatic that drove your best buddies sister to suicide. Or the man that built a totalitarian state that swallowed the neighboring continent and tried to expand into your home. The only two paralogues that weren't messed up were priam and alt universe swordmaster dude.

Emmeryn is still the worst though. Being amnesiac would have been enough, I don't know why they had to make her brain damaged

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I thought redhead Pegasus Knight was the older sister. She looks like the younger one and that image someone posted earlier with the translations seems to imply you should know each other pretty well.

edit: actually yeah, she's totally your real, blood related sister

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Apr 2, 2015

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Manatee Cannon posted:

I thought redhead Pegasus Knight was the older sister. She looks like the younger one and that image someone posted earlier with the translations seems to imply you should know each other pretty well.

maybe she's just a ~childhood friend~

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
Every single character is part of your immediate family.

All of them.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Inflammatory posted:

maybe she's just a ~childhood friend~

Sorry buddy, you want to anime bang your anime sister

I'm afraid the disease is terminally moe

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

pretty much every character who showed up in one of the rendered cutscenes is one of your factional siblings, i think

so on the hoshiro side you have samurai chief older brother, archer other brother, red-haired younger sister and peg knight older sister

on the other side you have aryan older brother, pigtail younger sister, wyvern rider older sister and some other guy who doesn't show up anywhere else i don't think

e: the families

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Inflammatory posted:

i'll be very upset if redhead pegasus knight and boobs wyvern rider are also your sisters.

Actually if the covers for the games are just your family and the butlers/maids. Then that's probably exactly what they are.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Manatee Cannon posted:

Sorry buddy, you want to anime bang your anime sister

I'm afraid the disease is terminally moe

drat. there's a giant sweat drop rolling down the back of my head right now.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Manatee Cannon posted:

Emmeryn is hosed up on so many levels. Even ignoring the whole marriage possibility, you're forcing a dedicated pacifist to start fighting because she's brain damaged and doesn't know any better now.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Chrom and Sully were childhood buddies, and that support convo turned out fine :shrug:

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Tae posted:

Chrom and Sully were childhood buddies, and that support convo turned out fine :shrug:

There's a difference between childhood friends and foster siblings.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Tae posted:

not for lucina it didn't.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Awakening had way too many creepy and messed up pairings. I kinda don't want them to ever touch the idea again, really.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

of character pairings?

the thing that's been in the game since the fourth game released almost 20 years ago?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Don't forget Awakening was totally okay with Lucina/Owain being a thing.

Internet Kraken posted:

Emmeryn is hosed up on so many levels. Even ignoring the whole marriage possibility, you're forcing a dedicated pacifist to start fighting because she's brain damaged and doesn't know any better now.

Hey man, it's your fault if you used her for anything other than healing.

Cake Attack posted:

of character pairings?

the thing that's been in the game since the fourth game released almost 20 years ago?

Before that, even.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

what the hell lowtax, i can't even see my own post?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Momomo posted:

Awakening had way too many creepy and messed up pairings. I kinda don't want them to ever touch the idea again, really.

The ability to choose your own waifu is too much of a money-maker for them to throw away ever again.

(I also don't really want it to come back. But I think it's really likely)

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

what the hell lowtax, i can't even see my own post?

turns out this was an improvement over my normal forums experience

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Anatharon posted:

Before that, even.

Oh wait you meant support conversations right? I thought you meant incest

Fire Emblem Megathread - I thought you meant incest

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Momomo posted:

You know that's not going to happen.

There were more than enough "normal" relationships in Awakening that you could easily avoid the messed up stuff anyways. I think the worst I ever did was have my avatar marry Lucina, which isn't really that bad. You're just injecting even more weirdness into Chrom's already hosed up life.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Hey as long as the sexy Wyvern rider onee-san isn't blood related I'm happy

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Anatharon posted:

Oh wait you meant support conversations right? I thought you meant incest

i meant support conversations, which is also what i thought he meant

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Cake Attack posted:

of character pairings?

The idea that the main character must be able to pair up with anyone, no matter how weird, not supports themselves.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Momomo posted:

The idea that the main character must be able to pair up with anyone, no matter how weird, not supports themselves.

Untrue. They can't S rank Morgan.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Momomo posted:

I doubt that'll be back with such a large percentage of the cast being your relatives/adopted relatives. Or at the very least you won't have brother/sister waifus.

Chrom didn't have a romance with Lissa, Raven didn't have one with Priscilla, Julia didn't with Seliph, the siblings in Awakening etc.

Zore fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Apr 3, 2015

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
They could just make it so not every S rank is about romance and some are just really good friends. And I mean that in a serious way the writing actually supports, rather than whatever they called it when you made a hosed up pairing in Awakening that was still obviously romance.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Hell, we probably don't have kids any more so just having it determine paired endings would be sweet.

Not even romantic ones, just poo poo like BFF endings you could get in the GBA games.

It would also be cool if people had more than two same gender supports!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

If your avatar character is supposed to be from Not-Japan, shouldn't s/he be a red head like the rest of them?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Zore posted:

Not even romantic ones, just poo poo like BFF endings you could get in the GBA games.

those were actually romantic though

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think it'd be ok if they just had it so that only the Avatar can get S ranks so thus all the people who enjoy the games for the relationship aspect (for some reason) can choose who they marry, while all the other characters just have regular supports with everyone else and don't get awkward jumps from having a close friendship at A to "I was madly in love with you all along" at S.

It'd be harder to balance how all that works though.

Edit:

Rhonne posted:

If your avatar character is supposed to be from Not-Japan, shouldn't s/he be a red head like the rest of them?

The main character is also a dragon so he's probably a special case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

those were actually romantic though

|Syrene and Vanessa|

Sisters Syrene and Vanessa returned to Frelia after the war for a long-overdue
talk. They talked of love and war, of friends now gone. Together, they renewed
their bond as siblings and vowed never to let that bond fail.

|Kyle and Forde|

Sometimes, the greatest friends also differ greatly in personality. When Kyle
and Forde returned home, they were celebrated in song and story. They lived
their days in happiness, as dearest friends and toughest rivals.

Just because Ike and Soren had one doesn't make every same sex ending romantic :colbert: