Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Rhonne posted:

If your avatar character is supposed to be from Not-Japan, shouldn't s/he be a red head like the rest of them?

Assuming the archer is a brother, white hair exists in the family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

oh id forgotten about SS, i thought you meant like raven and lucius

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Awakening's system did lead to some weird stuff, like Chrom not being able to support Lissa at all because it couldn't end in an S rank.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Manatee Cannon posted:

Awakening's system did lead to some weird stuff, like Chrom not being able to support Lissa at all because it couldn't end in an S rank.

Chrom and Lissa had a support, it just capped out at A.

He also had supports with Gaius, Frederick and Vaike that capped at A.

Everyone who could pair had a minimum of two non-romantic supports, Chrom actually had the most besides the Avatar.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Oh, I was thinking of Emmeryn actually. All of the spotpass characters could only support the avatar and Morgan.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I'm 2 pages back but

Inflammatory posted:

marry your best friend's daughter from the future instead.

hi this is me

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Zore posted:

Hell, we probably don't have kids any more so just having it determine paired endings would be sweet.

Not even romantic ones, just poo poo like BFF endings you could get in the GBA games.

It would also be cool if people had more than two same gender supports!

If you don't consider raven and lucius's ending to be romantic then I don't know what is

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Ruggington posted:

If you don't consider raven and lucius's ending to be romantic then I don't know what is

I wasn't saying they couldn't be, but Vanessa and Syrene's isn't. Nor Duessell and Amelia's.

FE8 had a ton of paired endings that weren't romantic actually.

And anything is better than FE6's Roy Waifu endings (gently caress you literally everybody else)

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i want to know more about the blue haired mystery lady

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
She's the older sister of the third path.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Cake Attack posted:

oh id forgotten about SS, i thought you meant like raven and lucius

Lyn and Florina was even more obvious if anything.

But yeah those FE8 ones aren't in the slightest.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
It'll never stop being funny to see people see relationships where they don't exist to sate the Goony heat inside them

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

It's just like all the people that read way more into the plot of these games than was ever there

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

actually lucius and raven are an official couple

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

please see my tumblr for evidence

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

link it, I'll read it

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Onmi posted:

It'll never stop being funny to see people see relationships where they don't exist to sate the Goony heat inside them

Ephraim and Eirika are the most bizarre example of this.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Onmi posted:

Heheh, yeah, those goons... Heh...

Momomo posted:

Ephraim and Eirika are the most bizarre example of this.

Man that is probably the least bizarre one to read like that.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Anatharon posted:

actually it is weird to read that one like that

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

There was nothing to imply a relationship between them other than being siblings.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

you think the relationship between two guys where the one says he has no need for a wife because of the other guy is gay?

weirdo

now those twins, they were obviously a couple, i am a well adjusted person

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Yes, but the names of their legendary weapons you see,

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

you think the relationship between two guys where the one says he has no need for a wife because of the other guy is gay?

weirdo

now those twins, they were obviously a couple, i am a well adjusted person

Aren't they called "king and queen"?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
that practice.

is strictly forbidden.

and for obvious reasons.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Making the best unit is more important than your petty morals

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Anatharon posted:

Aren't they called "king and queen"?

They're called Resotation King/Queen in their normal endings but that's obviously not meant to imply what people are intent on thinking for whatever reason. They also call Innes and Tana King and Queen too. Like FE7 giving both Karel and Guy the same title (Sword Saint/Saint of Swords) them messing up in localization is way easier to buy then some weird incest crap.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Anatharon posted:

Heheh, yeah, those goons... Heh...

I didn't say Goons, I said Goony heat. Not all goons have that goony heat. You're just prejudiced against Goons if you think they're all the same.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I have Goonies heat

Sloth and Chunk are my OTP

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

well that's reasonable, sloth love chunk

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

It's entirely up to you the player as to who bangs who. Have Ephraim bang L'Archel or some poo poo if you don't want him to bang his sister.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

DoctorStrangelove posted:

It's entirely up to you the player as to who bangs who. Have Ephraim bang L'Archel or some poo poo if you don't want him to bang his sister.

Why do folks think he bangs his sister though :psyduck:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It was a pretty common thing back in medieval time

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Tae posted:

It was a pretty common thing back in anime

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Look, the internet told me all FE games have incest so if Ephraim and Elrika aren't then who could be?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Why do folks think he bangs his sister though :psyduck:

Because their weapon names are Sieglinde and Siegmund, from one of Wagner's plays about a pair of twins who meet up later in life and start banging each other knowing full well they're twins.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Die_Walk%C3%BCre

Also because Japan is weird about close sibling relationships.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

because people are weird and preoccupied

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

You have to be at least a little wrong in the head to have blue hair like that

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
you see, internet nerds believe that they are the ultimate human beings and nobody could possibly be a better lay, but as they are the only instances of themselves their closest genetic relatives is the closest thing. since ephraim is awesome they therefore believe the same must be the same in his case. it is therefore a sense of projected narcissism.

i lost my point halfway through this post but i'm gonna post it anyway 'cuz why not

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Which couple is more gay, Raven x Lucius or Ike x Soren?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Looper posted:

Which couple is more gay, Raven x Lucius or Ike x Soren?

Yes.