Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Criminal Minded posted:

What are some famous or notable movie scenes about ears?

So far I've got:

Blue Velvet
Fight Club
Reservoir Dogs
Raise the Red Lantern
Face/Off (3D printing!)
Heat
There Will Be Blood

There's an episode of Elementary where the bad guy grew a human ear on their back for a kidnapping plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
This might come as some surprise, but the Divergent movies are astonishingly moronic and inept.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

This might come as some surprise, but the Divergent movies are astonishingly moronic and inept.

Typical SMG, always trying to make an alternative reading with absolutely no basis in reality, just to wind people up.

(Alternate response: It's a good thing I was next to the fainting couch when I read this.)

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
I swear, I went into it with a lot of good-will.

Like, loving Mockingjay was the best film of 2014. Anything's possible nowadays.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

axleblaze posted:

Trust me, no one deserves bed bugs.

I know full well. I am like six months into an infestation and they still pop up here and there. I like how bed bugs are now completely resistant to pesticides, so the only way to stop them is with diatomaceous earth and never ending vacuuming.

I can't wait until I am able to move to an apartment with hardwood floors and not covered in cracks. Carpets should be straight up illegal.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

The scene in Amadeus with Mozart and Salieri collaborating on the Requiem is incredible, god drat.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Well they also can't take extreme temperatures so freezing or heating up your home kills em. They also die when sprayed with rubbing alcohol. I'm still paranoid they aren't gone and get nervous whenever my leg itches

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

CelticPredator posted:

Please don't send bees or wasps to people, hth.

Can I send hornets to people, as long as I pop a quick "H" on the box to warn them?

Fat Lou posted:

I know full well. I am like six months into an infestation and they still pop up here and there. I like how bed bugs are now completely resistant to pesticides, so the only way to stop them is with diatomaceous earth and never ending vacuuming.

I can't wait until I am able to move to an apartment with hardwood floors and not covered in cracks. Carpets should be straight up illegal.

Like most things in life, I blame the 70s and 80s.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Coffee And Pie posted:

Can I send hornets to people, as long as I pop a quick "H" on the box to warn them?
Acceptable.

Also, I made a thing for Easter.

when you put a fog machine in the back of it, it does this for a second.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

This house is very shoddily insulated so I just woke up sweating my rear end off cuz it's gotten warm enough that I don't need to have the heat on 10 degrees higher than sane to compensate for the cold air leaking in.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

CelticPredator posted:

Acceptable.

that looks rad as hell

Jigoku
Apr 5, 2009

axleblaze posted:

Well they also can't take extreme temperatures so freezing or heating up your home kills em. They also die when sprayed with rubbing alcohol. I'm still paranoid they aren't gone and get nervous whenever my leg itches

Oh god, my workplace somehow picked bed bugs up from a coworker and I brought them home. It's been 3 years since then and I still haven't gotten over it. It definitely doesn't help that I still work at the same place.

I'm pretty seasoned with various insect infestations at this point, and here's my ranking: Bed Bugs >>>> Hornets > Webbing Clothes Moths > Mosquitos > Fleas > Fruit Flies > Cockroaches > Ants.

I am absolutely dreading the eventual showdowns with termites, Cockroaches Round 2, and giant spiders.

Godzilla 2000 is just...bad. In every iteration, Orga looks like a loving joke. The spaceship looks like poo poo and Orga itself with its stupid huge hands and turtle shell looks loving lame.

Obligatory Dumbass Introspective Closing Speech: Little girl asks: "Why does Godzilla always protect us?" Father: "There's a little bit of Godzilla in us all." Godzilla: Spazzing out and destroying Tokyo while everything is on fire.

Next up: Godzilla vs Megagurius and Tokyo: SOS.

For some drat reason, the only one Netflix doesn't have is Destroyah.

Jigoku fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Apr 3, 2015

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Bedbugs sound awful but I had a severe cockroach infestation for a couple months and I still wake up in a panic because I think there's one crawling on me. It took me forever to not flinch when I opened a cupboard, too. gently caress bugs in general, unless they're outside and not around me.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
We have loving clothes moths.

SMG, you're wrong about best film of 2014: it's Paddington.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

therattle posted:

That was released this year though, in the January death slot and with an AWFUL ad campaign which made people think it would be bad.

edit: Wait, only in America; it came out in 2014 elsewhere.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Please send me wasps. I'm so hungry :(

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Grendels Dad posted:

Please send me wasps. I'm so hungry :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKChGRma2xY&t=203s

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Corek posted:

That was released this year though, in the January death slot and with an AWFUL ad campaign which made people think it would be bad.

edit: Wait, only in America; it came out in 2014 elsewhere.

Still made $75m in the US. Highest -grossing non-studio family film ever globally. And so drat good

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

CelticPredator posted:

Acceptable.

This makes me wonder. What if a facehugger got a hold of a Gremlin? Little xenomorph gremlins who reproduce via water and grow monstrous eating after midnight...IN SPACE!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

What a coincidence that the bees and wasps conversation that happened recently occurred before this Teen Titans Go promo was uploaded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov-nF8EC2ns

The writer isn't a goon, is it? Because that episode also sounds like it's parodying bitcoins.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

therattle posted:

everybody makes fun of me for wanting to see that movie

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I'm just going to admit it, I shed some very manly tears at the end of Fast 7.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Even the trailers are bland as heck. Oh my, the divergent broke through a window zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I accidentally drunk texted my mom last night.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Literally The Worst posted:

I accidentally drunk texted my mom last night.

I hope the text was explicitly sexual.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I hope the text was explicitly sexual.

Thank god it wasn't.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Divergent is also the lamest freakin name you can give to a teen novel. It doesn't even sound repressive enough, just analytical or mathematical.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Yeah well I'm sure her writing teacher would have told her that but INTELLECTUALS ARE EEEEEVIIIIIIIIIIIL.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

axleblaze posted:

Each morning, when I'm reading our hotel night manager report, I'm silently praying that there are no mention of bed bugs.

gently caress those things.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

This is extremely My poo poo: http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2015/bbc-four-goes-slow

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Cardboard Box A posted:

Ninja Scroll is anime for people who listen to Eminem and watch ISIS beheading videos

Nah it's a really loving fun (if slightly sleazy) action movie that just happens to be animated. Bizarrely enough for something that was pretty much the face of anime in America for like a decade it's not that "anime", it's kind of a standard martial arts movie just with really batshit villains.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

I has to check that wasn't an April Fools, but I'm happy to say it doesn't look like it. Bless the Beeb!

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

This is a big thing in Norway. They had one broadcast that was just a ferry slowly making it's ways through some fjords for days. They also eat Grandiosa pizza on christmas and have big Scrooge McDuck vaults where they swim in oil.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

Baron von Eevl posted:

Yeah well I'm sure her writing teacher would have told her that but INTELLECTUALS ARE EEEEEVIIIIIIIIIIIL.

I'm confused by what point you're trying to make.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I just made my roommate promise to cut me off before I get that drunk. This is the first real hangover I've ever had and it is awful

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Literally The Worst posted:

I just made my roommate promise to cut me off before I get that drunk. This is the first real hangover I've ever had and it is awful

Hangovers are the reason I barely drink anymore. Well, that and the gradual wave of self loathing as I slowly remember all the dumb poo poo I said the night before.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

axleblaze posted:

Clearly you're forgetting about Ann Coulter.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Hangovers are the reason I barely drink anymore. Well, that and the gradual wave of self loathing as I slowly remember all the dumb poo poo I said the night before.

I don't usually say anything dumber than what I say when I'm sober so this is not a factor for me.

I did go to the store and stock up on gatorade and a cheap cooler and some ice so that I can just rehydrate all day while I work.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Why is everyone in CineD covered in bugs all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Kramjacks posted:

Why is everyone in CineD covered in bugs all the time.

are you not?

• Locked thread