Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

nice

If I wasn't at work I'd take a screenshot of a random guy getting mad at that moe zombie thing because there's no way a group of girls could survive a zombie apocalypse without a man around.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Mar 31, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Sakurazuka posted:

I know I'm probably behind on this but I finally gave up on 14-sai no Koi. The comments are the worst though, does no-one see how loving creepy that teacher looks in every god drat panel she's in?

It's really weird how it's obviously a very clever pedophile manipulating a young innocent boy but the manga still pretends it's a proper love story.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Back when it hadn't yet gotten to that subplot, I looked up some of their other works because the mature duos story was adorable.

I believe there is literally a story of a grade schooler x office lady story, the author loves that sort of poo poo.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
Futari no Renai Shoka is weirdly cute.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Same-sex relationships are now cool(er) in Shibuya, congratulations. :toot:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm hoping it brings about a new renascence in gay stuff because boy do I like gay stuff.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
Checked The Heart of Thomas out of the library and finished it last night. drat good read. It's obviously one of her early works, but there's a lot of good and striking stuff in there.

All those kids are gonna die in the trenches a few years after the story ends, though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If you like that try A Cruel God Reigns. Warning, it's super disturbing (deliberately) though.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
I was actually in the middle of reading that a few weeks back but got busy with other stuff and had to stop. I should go back, it was great.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I was very excited because it looked like Inari Konkon Koi Iroha updated but it's either a very dumb april fools' joke or someone hosed up. Carry on.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

DoubleDonut posted:

I was very excited because it looked like Inari Konkon Koi Iroha updated but it's either a very dumb april fools' joke or someone hosed up. Carry on.

yeah same, it's hosed up

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

anime isn't something to joke about, it's serious

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Just finished what's available of High Score Girl. The first few chapters were a bit slow. I almost dropped it, though I'm glad I didn't.

Verdict: it is cute.

Kaelan Zero
Nov 30, 2004

smut
Stretch ch33 is maybe one of the best chapters yet. Perfect way to troll the audience and mix in some relationship development. I appreciate how it feels like there are real emotions mixed in with the jokes & reactions-to-jokes so they can be honest momentarily without having to deal with the consequences. Keiko can't hide her actual concern about the idea of the 'boyfriend' bit not being a joke, and it seems like she believes that Ran is actually crying over being told to move out (even as a joke). The tiny chapters are still frustrating but I feel like the overall slow pacing of this manga is an asset when the author uses it this way.

Himegoto is basically a pseudo-LGBT romance manga now and it's really confusing.

Kaelan Zero fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Apr 2, 2015

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Which Himegoto, I can see like six.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Just finished what's available of High Score Girl. The first few chapters were a bit slow. I almost dropped it, though I'm glad I didn't.

Verdict: it is cute.

snk is being a bitch so there will probably never be more of it, sorry

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Davincie posted:

snk is being a bitch so there will probably never be more of it, sorry

Wait, what? But there was a preview for the next volume, so there should be at least that much out there raw, right?

It is strange that they would decline free advertising.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

copyright law is pretty strict but i think it still blows

i want more hiscore girl!!!!!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
loving lol

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Were you honestly surprised at Anime fans trying to rationalize that relationship though

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It's not surprising but it is funny

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
:siren: TWO new Kakukaku Shikajika chapters :siren:

I'm not ready :( E: I'm dead, this manga has killed me.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Apr 3, 2015

Thunderfinger
Jan 15, 2011

And just where, pray tell, did you find this from?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

14 sai no koi, based on the prior thread talk

it's a good manga and a completely unrelated bad manga published under the same name, and so the whole thing ends up unfortunately bad

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Me neither, I'm goin in.

edit: oh my god her sensei is a badass

edit: and yet the sads come in, I was tricked :(

Compendium fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Apr 3, 2015

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Raised my hopes, dashed them most expertly etc etc

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Nate RFB posted:

me IRL

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Cake Attack posted:

14 sai no koi, based on the prior thread talk

it's a good manga and a completely unrelated bad manga published under the same name, and so the whole thing ends up unfortunately bad

I still read the chapters that focus on the two mature kids. Soon as I see that fuckin' teacher though, donezo

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Nate RFB posted:

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
The gut punch has connected :smith:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Nate RFB posted:

Xyven
Jun 4, 2005

Check to induce a ban

Captain Invictus posted:

I still read the chapters that focus on the two mature kids. Soon as I see that fuckin' teacher though, donezo

I still read the teacher chapters, but I don't think it's for the reasons the author intended. It's a disturbingly accurate depiction of a manipulative pedophile grooming a young boy. If you're in the mood for something that makes you feel horrified and disturbed, it's great stuff. Super hosed up that the author thinks it's romantic though

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
On a less depressing note, trying to work at your parents' house after moving out seems like a universal experience which I found amusing.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Xyven posted:

I still read the teacher chapters, but I don't think it's for the reasons the author intended. It's a disturbingly accurate depiction of a manipulative pedophile grooming a young boy. If you're in the mood for something that makes you feel horrified and disturbed, it's great stuff. Super hosed up that the author thinks it's romantic though

:stare:

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Sometimes you just want to feel the :stare:. Why else would anyone read the Drakengard 3 LP?(or play those games, for that matter)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If rather play a million rubbish Drakengard games than read any of the bits with that teacher.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Drakengard more or less revels in its disturbing insanity. The author deluding themselves into thinking they're writing/drawing something romantic is kind of the same thing, but way worse.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Only really the first Drakengard, the second is just boring and the third a bunch sex jokes and terrible frame rate.

wait what thread am i in

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Drakengard, the most shoujo of games.

To keep on topic, there's a new chapter of Sangatsu no Lion, it's a very sweet chapter.

http://bato.to/read/_/313895/3-gatsu-no-lion_v5_ch47_by_no-group

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

The artist is a big dummy, if anything her art teacher would probably be happy she took her job so seriously and managed to get that 100 page chapter out inside such a ridiculous deadline. I can understand feeling guilty about not being there, but he wasn't the sort of person who'd hold it against her since she was actually pursuing her goals. :unsmith: