Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
I agree. It smacks of the John blanchey grim dark madness that I think the current design aesthetic is lacking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

I like the Onager? I really hate the pit droid robots, I hate them a lot, but I like this walker thing.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/PRIMUS_REDOUBT.html

And the rules.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
it looks cool but hahahah who wants to pay 650 points for a single turbo laser that doesn't move?

digging that helmetless ultramarine guy though

A 50S RAYGUN fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Apr 3, 2015

Ghost of Babyhead
Jun 28, 2008
Grimey Drawer

ijyt posted:

The one in the back has flat feet. :3:

Well spotted. I'm pretty pleased they included those, at least. The pincer feet really weren't doing it for me. Wish they had some more skulls on the thing. Or had the pilot visibly plumbed into the machine like on the strider.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

HardCoil posted:

That's a valid critizism to be honest. Look at what people have been building: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?225861-Adeptus-Mechinicus-Skitarii
AdMech has the potential for the craziest kind of stuff, so that thing is just depressingly underwhelming.

most of this poo poo looks better than the actual release

Dr Hemulen
Jan 25, 2003

It's very imaginative, that's for sure. I love his use of the flying dildo in the last few pages.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
haha missed that

very good dick-bike conversion

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

"1 double barreled turbo laser destructor turret"

I think they have handed the weapon naming off to a 6 year old

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Actually that name's been around for a while. Titan weapons use that name.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
LASER BLASTER

MEGA BOLTER

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Ok so they handed the naming off to their kids a long time ago, my bad.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

panascope posted:

Actually that name's been around for a while. Titan weapons use that name.

Yeah, by now he's about 23, but he was still 6 when he came up with the name.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
No no, it's a weapon designed to destruct turbo lasers.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I'm very excited about all these new AdMech models.

Does anyone have any advice of free (preferably roadkill) materials I could use to base my AdMech guys with for a Martian theme?

Also check out this 40k blog it's very good: http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Boy howdy do I have a hankerin for some gumbo!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Hey guys Forge World have these bundle deals: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Forge__World_Bundles?page=1

They seem pretty good value to me, in my opinion.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Moola, don't do this to us.

Please.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
*FARTS*

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Please only post positive discussion about 40k in this thread please.

Negative 40k chat is very triggering to me.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
My tooth hurts.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
why is this happening

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Lol

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
We'll start off with some Mathammer charts, Mathammer is not a science it's just statistics it just gives you the knowledge that on average this will happen not "this will always be the result".

This is a great tool to use

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3657196

This is another great tool

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3657196

This is the D6 chart from the above website and easy to remember if you want to figure odds fast this is the chart to remember.

Statistical Odds for a D6

Here is a break down of your armour saves and your chances. I've also included a chart for Feel No Pain.

Feel no pain directly does not affect armour rating but instead affects the armours fail rating by reducing when that is successful which is why it has separate columns.

Statistical Numbers for 2d6

The highlighted numbers show the greater statistical odds that you will roll those numbers, as you can see 2 and 12 have the same odds. So does rolling any double on two dice for that matter

Leadership

This is what your leadership chart actually looks like, with the included Double 1s always passing a Morale and Double 6s always failing.

Statistical Odds for 3D6

Again greater statistical odds of rolling 8 through 13.

Shooting

Shooting calculations.

It also for the sake of completion includes up to BS 10. As the rules allow you above a certain ballistic skill.

To Hit Calculations , these are fairly straight forward. As you can simply take the number of dice you roll then subtract your miss percentage for that BS and will give you an idea of what you will miss. For example, BS 3 misses 50% of the time you'd expect just on average to roll 4+ twice on 4 dice. Once you get the hang of this formulae it's pretty easy actuall to figure odds when shooting.

Psychic Phase

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
FWIW

TIA

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
So, the manpile skitter tanks have a 6++ that improves by 1 for every other skitter tank in the unit. And they have the doctrine so they can get BS7.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
TBQH I'd prefer skittle tanks

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

So, the manpile skitter tanks have a 6++ that improves by 1 for every other skitter tank in the unit. And they have the doctrine so they can get BS7.

The BS7 will be good because it means they hit on a 3+ and the 6++ save will be good except it's a shame Ignores Cover weapons will make it useless.

Also it's neat that more tanks improve the save, so if you had 5 tanks your save will be going up to like, 11++.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Just kiss already, god.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
*takes out dentures stuck in with greenstuff*

C'mere gorgeous! :mrgw:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
*puts down Bento box*

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
OOC: Wait how did you know I like sushi...?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
:3:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
:c00lbutt:

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
Will you guys cut it out and post about hams?

This is Matgash:

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Who wants to be my forums nemesis?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

Will you guys cut it out and post about hams?

This is Matgash:

Would

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I would also.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

is this some kind of experiment where the best and worst ham poster swap avatars in an attempt to make two balanced ham posters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
if so it's not working.

• Locked thread