Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Doctor Reynolds posted:

It was Mike's voice.

Obviously, but why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

PostNouveau posted:

Obviously, but why?

Because he acquit.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

X_Toad posted:

Hey, Hammer does female voices when they want them to be particularly gimmicky : Dr Ms The Monarch's deep voice (which must be a strain on Hammer's voice by the way, considering his natural voice) or Billy's mom voice, which is meant to sound like her son's, so I don't really have a problem with it. But yeah, another female VA would be cool. Maybe they should just kill Brock and use the money to hire a lady to voice a new regular character?

Maybe Adult Swim should spend a fuckin' dollar

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I imagine that Venture Bros. gets approximately zero new viewers every season. The people who love it love it, but it can't be all that profitable for the network and it's not exactly seen as some sort of prestige show by the world at large. I understand why they're so cheap with it.

But I also wouldn't mind living in a world where in 10 years it's just Doc and Jackson in a small office together animating it by hand and doing every single voice, then sending out each episode to 800 viewers. That's barely a step down from what it is now.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Doc and Jackson just abandon the animation part altogether and write megawords of official Venture Bros fiction. In order to read any of it, fans must get landline modems and spend hours attempting to get through to one of the four phone lines running into a BBS hosted on a wheezing, rickety old 486.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Hell, just make it a podcast. Or, closer to reality, an answering machine message that changes each week in the form of a podcast. The Rusty Venture Call-In Radio Drama.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I'd see them putting it out as a zine before anything else.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

feedmyleg posted:

Hell, just make it a podcast. Or, closer to reality, an answering machine message that changes each week in the form of a podcast. The Rusty Venture Call-In Radio Drama.

Have you heard episode 19 of James Urbaniak's podcast? It's pretty close!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Fuckin' old school run-off-on-a-junior-high-mimeograph-while-the-secretary-is-eating-lunch-so-everything-is-all-purple-and-blurry 'zine, too.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

feedmyleg posted:

I imagine that Venture Bros. gets approximately zero new viewers every season. The people who love it love it, but it can't be all that profitable for the network and it's not exactly seen as some sort of prestige show by the world at large. I understand why they're so cheap with it.

But I also wouldn't mind living in a world where in 10 years it's just Doc and Jackson in a small office together animating it by hand and doing every single voice, then sending out each episode to 800 viewers. That's barely a step down from what it is now.

I would disagree. It is my understanding it is only growing in popularity, as I have meet more and more people just now picking up on the show. Lucky them, not having to wait 10 years for 5 seasons.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I've met a lot of college-age people at work who would have been too young to pick it up 12 years ago. They all go nuts for it for whatever reason.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

because it rules

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

Babe Magnet posted:

because it rules

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Maybe Adult Swim should spend a fuckin' dollar

Pretty sure they would. Of course it might have strings attached, like airing the show.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
When you do a GIS for "dustbuster with corner attachment", you get an interesting result.

RICKON WALNUTSBANE
Jun 13, 2001

He didn't understand the question!

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
All the episodes except Gargantua 2 are now on Hulu Plus.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Along that note I thought AS would be streaming Venture Bros for like a short time the time of the special, but nope they have been streaming every episode in order since the last time somebody put us on to it.

fspades
Jun 3, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Season 6 will never get aired, isn't it? :(

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Cloud Potato posted:

Have you heard episode 19 of James Urbaniak's podcast? It's pretty close!

Getting On is pretty great. I used to love running to them. It was calming running listening to Doc Venture tell me a story on those muggy summer nights...trotting along the train yards of Raleigh...the city a glimmer in the mist.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
I'm curious if Doc and Jackson would or could ever Kickstart extra funds for the seasons to be made slightly faster, or if that still wouldn't be ideal.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Solaris Knight posted:

I'm curious if Doc and Jackson would or could ever Kickstart extra funds for the seasons to be made slightly faster, or if that still wouldn't be ideal.

Doubtful. Pretty sure they've said a lot of the delays are due to their perfectionism.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Mokinokaro posted:

Doubtful. Pretty sure they've said a lot of the delays are due to their perfectionism.

Haven't they outright said that AS will give them whatever reasonable amount of money they need?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Y'all are a bunch of nosy Popes not leaving Michelangelo alone

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
At their last panel Doc basically said it's not about the money that takes them time to get episodes out but that basically they want the episodes to be really good so they take their time fleshing out the scripts. They promise that the extra effort going into season 6 and the buttloads of time until it airs will be worth it. They really haven't disappointed to this point. It is always a show worth the wait. My cousin was lucky as poo poo, being able to see all 5 seasons in one go without having to wait over 10 years to see it all.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

This is a show I've been watching for like half of my life. With that kind of timeframe, waiting isn't even a frustrating thing... it's just a lovely unexpected surprise when it happens.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I have been watching Venture Brothers since the beginning that all this wait makes those other shows I watch when they go on hiatus feel like they aren't even hiatuses at all. :v:

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I've read both Hunter x Hunter and Berserk. Waiting is no problem for me.

Thermite
Aug 16, 2006

Huzzah!
Was there ever any news about that art book they were putting out? My preorder on amazon is saying late 2016.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
Didn't they say that it was cancelled?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The way I see it, I'm going to get all the Ventures Brothers there was ever going to be in my lifetime, having large breaks between seasons is pretty much the same as the length of time between movies, plus it keeps the good times rolling longer, so why even care about the hiatus? It's all the better for the polish anyway.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

That streaming link is still going, forever. It even plays relatively sequentially

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010

X_Toad posted:

Didn't they say that it was cancelled?

As I remember it, it was marked canceled for a while but then it reappeared. Then it reappeared on amazon. It's not clear right now if it's a mistake, or uncanceled.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
A young James Urbaniak heckles Letterman and gets to try doing a joke in front of the audience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sgCwGypnNA

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Aurium posted:

As I remember it, it was marked canceled for a while but then it reappeared. Then it reappeared on amazon. It's not clear right now if it's a mistake, or uncanceled.

The release date on it is November 2016, which feels pretty authentic to me.

edit: http://www.amazon.com/The-Venture-Brothers-Christopher-McCullough/dp/161655441X

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Pope Guilty posted:

A young James Urbaniak heckles Letterman and gets to try doing a joke in front of the audience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sgCwGypnNA

That rules

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Thinking of trying to get a friend hooked on the Venture Bros tonight. I've got limited time to hook them, so I want to pick a handful of early episode. Here's what I'm thinking:

- Actual episode of Johnny Quest for background
- Original pilot
- Park of Gary's recap from the start of season 4? Everything before the death of Hank and Dean?
- Dia de Los Dangerous!
- Eeney Meeney Miney Magic
- Ghosts of the Sargasso
- Return to Spider-Skull Island
- Powerless in the Face of Death

I'm conflicted. The original pilot and then the start of Dia de Los has a lot of really juvenile humor that might turn them off, but I feel like you can't skip over the introduction of the Monarch. I'd like to get to the clone revelation, just because it's a good hook. and Ghosts of the Sargasso is great. Maybe I should skip the original pilot? I feel like Dia is a bad intro to the series if you've never experienced Johnny Quest.

Thougths? Changes?

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jun 7, 2015

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Tag Sale, You're It.

It really is the perfect intro to Venture Bros as it touches on most of the building blocks.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Tag Sale is the definitive episode of the entire series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
The pilot was very rough and I really wouldn't recommend it for someone new.

Honestly I would go with Tag Sale You're It. That introduces alot of characters and I honestly feel that is where the show gives it's strong points of what it's about.

edit: Hellz yeah three peeps saying the same thing!