Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

IcePhoenix posted:

I just finished the draft in Monday_'s keeper league, looking for thoughts. Keep up to five, two rounds of inflation, no keeping third round or higher players, max of three years of keeping, WW pickups can be kept in the 25th. 10 team 6x6 h2h with OPS and Holds, max 50 transactions for the year, minimum 36 IP per week.

C: Mesoraco (K: 23)
1B: Duda
2B: Cano
SS: Tulo
3B: Machado
MI: Dozier (K: 18)
CI: A-Rod
OF: Dickerson (K: 25), Pollock, Callhoun
UTIL: Werth, Polanco
BN: Sano

SP (start 5): Greinke, Hamels, Cole, Wacha, Pineda, T. Walker (K: 22)
RP (start 5): Holland, Melancon, Clippard, Davis, Giles, Betances (K: 24)

Can't say I have an opinion on an opponent's team, but I just offered you a trade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Monday_ posted:

Can't say I have an opinion on an opponent's team, but I just offered you a trade.

I rejected it sorry! I really like Pineda and Tulo's production at Short is a lot harder to replace than the gain I get from Goldschmidt at first imo.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Okay someone tell me how lovely my team is. 10-team H2H; 7x7 (OBP/SLG added for hitters, QS/CG for P):

C - Evan Gattis (8)
1B - Joey Votto (3)
2B - Jose Altuve (K - 6)
SS - Ian Desmond (2)
3B - Matt Carpenter (9)
IF - David Ortiz (4)
OF - Ryan Braun (K - 17)
OF - Billy Hamilton (K - 20)
OF - Chris Carter (7)
UTIL - Marlon Byrd (18)
UTIL - Brandon Belt (10)
BN - Daniel Murphy (13)
BN - Shin-Soo Choo (11)
BN - Erick Aybar (24)
BN - Steven Souza (19)
NA - Corey Seager (26)

SP - Corey Kluber (K - 13)
SP - James Shields (K - 16)
SP - Mat Latos (12)
RP - Fernando Rodney (12)
RP - Neftali Feliz (21)
RP - Edward Mujica (FA)
P - Homer Bailey (14)
P - Jake Arietta (K - 18)
BN - Yordano Ventura (FK - 22)
BN - John Lackey (FA)
BN - Kyle Loshe (FA)
BN - Carlos Rodon (27)
DL - Marcus Stroman (23)

We keep 3 each of pitchers/hitters and they move up one round every year. You get a one-year free keeper on any player drafted in Rd. 22 or later, FAs start in Rd. 18 then move up a round (17, 16, etc.) for each additional. The free keeper can be kept for a second year, but he'll count against your 3 keepers and moves to the round below your lowest keeper.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Apr 3, 2015

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Josh Hamilton is free! No suspension.

e: This is only relevant because I bet an Angels fan co-worker: 40+ HR and I owe him a pizza. 20 or fewer and he owes me a pizza. :getin:

SouthShoreSamurai fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Apr 3, 2015

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
Enjoy that pizza.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Josh Hamilton is free! No suspension.

e: This is only relevant because I bet an Angels fan co-worker: 40+ HR and I owe him a pizza. 20 or fewer and he owes me a pizza. :getin:

Did he forget that Hamilton is out with a shoulder injury for like half the year?

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Hamilton's timetable is supposed to be late April to early May, and yes he is aware.

I can't believe a discussion of Josh Hamilton has lasted 3 posts. I will enjoy my pizza. :)

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
what happens if he hits 30 homers

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
be real man

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I just got an offer of my cueto for degrom and some scrub.

Hmmm.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Hamilton has killed a man as many times as he's had a 30 dinger season since 2011

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

Dandy Kaiser posted:

what happens if he hits 30 homers

Josh Hamilton gets the pizza.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
In a vacuum would you rather have Lackey Archie Bradley or Aaron Sanchez?

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Apr 3, 2015

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Lackey, benched against strong teams.

Now a question of my own:
I've been loving around with punting AVG this year, I've been offered Pablo Sandoval for my Brian McCann. I'd mash accept (for Sandoval's trade value) and pick up Zunino, but it's a 14 team league and someone has him.
Should I still do it anyway and try to pry Zunino away? Or at least pick up Miguel Montero to start in place of McCann?

I countered with my Anthony Rizzo, Brian McCann, and Rick Porcello for his Felix Hernandez, Pablo Sandoval, and Adam Laroche. No, I wouldn't take it if I were him, but he wants to get rid of Laroche and already offered me the Sandoval for McCann part.

Maybe see if I can turn around and trade Sandoval for Chris Davis, as he fits my strategy a lot better.

Moneyball fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Apr 3, 2015

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
I wouldn't touch Sandoval. He's fatter than ever, and having a bad spring. And I don't think his trade value is all that high. Though I would do that if you can get Chris Davis. And I would trade McCann and expect to be able to pick up someone as good off waivers eventually, just not for Sandoval.

Schweinhund fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Apr 3, 2015

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Oh nice. He ended up taking that trade. There is a minimum of 42 innings pitched per week which I didn't pay attention to during the draft, so solid enough starting pitching is important. My rotation is a dumpster fire. FA isn't very good because of the number of teams. My team once trades go through:

14 team H2H, R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS / W, L, SV, ERA, WHIP, K/9

C: none lol
1B: Edwin Encarnacion
2B: Brian Dozier
3B: Pedro Alvarez
SS: Jimmy Rollins
OF: Chris Carter, Billy Hamilton, Ben Revere
UT: Adam Laroche, Pablo Sandoval
BN: Lucas Duda

SP: Felix Hernandez, Wei-Yin Chen, Wade Miley, Mark Beuhrle, CJ Wilson, Brett Anderson, Justin Masterson
RP: Greg Holland, Joaquin Benoit, Jake McGee, Tyler Clippard, Wade Davis

That's going to be a wild ride.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Moneyball, this one will probably give you an erection. Picked first in a 10-team ESPN H2H, the categories are a little weird (standard 5x5 plus H, OBP, and OF assists(???) for batters, and holds for pitchers):

C: Jonathan Lucroy (6)/Buster Posey (2)
1B: Joey Votto (10!)
2B: Jason Kipnis (6)
SS: Jose Reyes (4)
3B: Carlos Santana (8)
MI: Javier Baez (20)
CI: Posey/Lucas Duda (16)
OF: Mike Trout (1), Bryce Harper (3), Corey Dickerson (5), Mookie Betts (9), Alex Gordon (11)

BN: AJ Pollock (15), Steve Pearce (22)

Pitchers:
Kenley Jansen (12)
Koji Uehara (13)
Steve Cishek (14)
Joaquin Benoit (17)
Sean Doolittle (18)
Wade Davis (19)
Brad Boxberger (21)
Tony Watson (23)
Addison Reed (24)
Danny Farquhar (25)

gently caress starting pitching

:buddy:

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

I would have loaded up on 1B eligible outfielders to lock up assists easily.

It's like that league from a couple years ago where a bad first baseman scored higher than Mike Trout. How do you beat a team like that?

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

So I've always been super into fantasy baseball but I really paid a lot less attention this year and this off-season. I'm in a league with some friends and it's pretty competitive and I hate my team and I wasn't prepared at all, but thought I'd post my roster to see if it's not as bad as I think it is. Basically my hitting seems pretty awesome but is riddled with injury risk players and my pitching is gonna probably be last in the league because I waited too long. I always wait a while to take pitchers but I didn't realize how thin it was at mid-late round this year.

13 teams, ROTO.
H/HR/RBI/SB/AVG/OPS
IP/SV/ERA/WHIP/Kper9/QS

C: Travis d'Arnaud
1B: Joey Votto
2B: Ian Kinsler
3B: Manny Machado
SS: Troy Tulowitzki
IF: Alexei Ramirez
OF: Giancarlo Stanton
OF: Matt Kemp
OF: Alex Gordon
Util: Wil Myers
Util: Adam LaRoche
BN: Jordan Schaefer

SP: Yordano Ventura
SP: Ian Kennedy
SP: Francisco Liriano
SP: Jake Odorizzi
RP: Kenley Jansen
RP: Brad Boxberger
P: TJ House
P: Jonathon Niese
P: Pat Neshek
P: Sergio Romo
BN: Tyler Skaggs
BN/DL: Matt Moore

So, again, I love my hitting if everyone stays healthy but there's no way that happens and my pitching seems real real bad. Is this accurate?

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

IP is a category?

If there is an innings limit that is ridiculous. Hell, even worse if there is no limit.

If there is an innings limit I would pick up the best RP for ERA, WHIP, and K/9, then spot start pitchers with good matchups.

If no innings limit Id probably quit haha.

It's not thin mid to late if you ask me. I like Lance Lynn, Jered Weaver, Ian Kennedy, John Lackey, Phil Hughes , Michael Pineda if healthy, and Rick Porcello at their ranking.

Moneyball fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Apr 4, 2015

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Moneyball posted:

IP is a category?

If there is an innings limit that is ridiculous. Hell, even worse if there is no limit.

If there is an innings limit I would pick up the best RP for ERA, WHIP, and K/9, then spot start pitchers with good matchups.

If no innings limit Id probably quit haha.

It's not thin mid to late if you ask me. I like Lance Lynn, Jered Weaver, Ian Kennedy, John Lackey, Phil Hughes , Michael Pineda if healthy, and Rick Porcello at their ranking.

2000 inning limit.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

You don't have the closers to do it (somebody probably does) but punting starter stats, which I would never advocate, you could conceivably score 54 out of 78 pitching points and never worry about pitching all season.

Can anyone tell I'm bored at work?

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

loving Ervin Santana. My pitching is looking hosed this year.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

at this point in the season it's impossible for your pitching to be hosed--pitching is so deep. plus, managers loooooove overreacting now. i'm sure you can roster a middling-to-above average rotation just from april drops. so yea, monitor your competitions' drops. in the meantime scavenge your free agent pool for three or four high upside back of the rotation guys. then monitor daily matchups and stream.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

If your rotation is hosed because Ervin Santana is out, you were probably hosed anyway.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Abel Wingnut posted:

at this point in the season it's impossible for your pitching to be hosed--pitching is so deep. plus, managers loooooove overreacting now. i'm sure you can roster a middling-to-above average rotation just from april drops. so yea, monitor your competitions' drops. in the meantime scavenge your free agent pool for three or four high upside back of the rotation guys. then monitor daily matchups and stream.

This. By the end of last season I only had one pitcher on my roster who I drafted. (Kluber in the 16th :whatup:)

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
Is Anthony Rendon going to be DL'ed at all?

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
Yeah Rendon is starting the season on the DL. No timetable for return...

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Yeah pitching is always recoverable through waivers so it's not awful. I just hope my hitters stay healthy.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Yeah pitching is always recoverable through waivers so it's not awful. I just hope my hitters stay healthy.

As someone with Tulo in their money league, so do I. :ohdear:

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?
Need to pick up 2 of these in a points league. Start 5 Sp and 2 reserve, having a reserve that is actually a starter is big advantage in these leagues.

Drew Pomeranz Sp,Rp
Carlos Martinez Sp,Rp
Henderson Alverez Sp
Jesse Hahn Sp
Carlos Rodon sp
Yovani Gallardo
Nathan Eovaldi

Remember this is a points league so pitchers who can get wins and rack up innings can be just as valuable as the strikeout artists.

This is a very competative league where Every pitcher will be picked up, that why i hope to get 2 of these.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

chilihead posted:

Need to pick up 2 of these in a points league. Start 5 Sp and 2 reserve, having a reserve that is actually a starter is big advantage in these leagues.

Drew Pomeranz Sp,Rp
Carlos Martinez Sp,Rp
Henderson Alverez Sp
Jesse Hahn Sp
Carlos Rodon sp
Yovani Gallardo
Nathan Eovaldi

Remember this is a points league so pitchers who can get wins and rack up innings can be just as valuable as the strikeout artists.

This is a very competative league where Every pitcher will be picked up, that why i hope to get 2 of these.

Martinez was my first gut reaction. Then Alvarez I think.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Bregor posted:

Martinez was my first gut reaction. Then Alvarez I think.

I agree Martinez, but on the second one, I think I like Rodon. I know he is starting in the minors, but he shouldn't be down for long, and he is gonna be a stud once he's called up. I've got him stashed on 2 of my teams.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Are there major concerns around Votto and Kemp? Votto is apparently completely healthy so I'd imagine he should be real good?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

If your rotation is hosed because Ervin Santana is out, you were probably hosed anyway.

This was my reaction to that.

The proper reaction is "oh."

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Are there major concerns around Votto and Kemp? Votto is apparently completely healthy so I'd imagine he should be real good?

Votto's ISO the last three years: .230, .186, .155. Even if 2014 was because of injuries you wonder how much power he'll be able to regain.

Kemp is always hurt and has 26 steals the last 3 years combined.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Bregor posted:

Votto's ISO the last three years: .230, .186, .155. Even if 2014 was because of injuries you wonder how much power he'll be able to regain.

and it's .179 in spring training.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Schweinhund posted:

and it's .179 in spring training.

Put him on the Jake Fox All-Stars then. (I like Votto actually, just trying to explain his low ADP.)

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

votto is consciously not trying to hit for power. he prioritizes getting on base. there's little use thinking he'll pop 30hr again. plus, if today's game is an indication votto will bat 2nd. if he stays there and healthy, he'll probably lead the league in runs.

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Apr 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Yeah, I figured Votto isn't going to hit for power, but he led the league in walks in his last full season and he should hit at least .300.

• Locked thread