Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

berzerker posted:

Ruin your year, maybe. The next outrage of the week will come around soon enough. This one is even focused primarily on the place, rather than the individual, so just sell the equipment of your crappy pizza place, let the lease lapse, pocket your money, and if you're super worried, move a few states over.

Why move? Do the above and claim you were put out of business by the "gay agenda," acquire a few media contracts to defend RFRA, and become a regular talking head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

My Imaginary GF posted:

Why move? Do the above and claim you were put out of business by the "gay agenda," acquire a few media contracts to defend RFRA, and become a regular talking head.

go too far, say something outwardly racist or even more indefensibly homophobic, lose everything, die irrelevant and broke.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

My Imaginary GF posted:

Fox News contributor (whatever their name is), former owner of Memories Pizza has a certain ring to it

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

My Imaginary GF posted:

I doubt these people are well-spoken enough to be talking heads.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

JT Jag posted:

Fox News contributor (whatever their name is), former owner of Memories Pizza has a certain ring to it

You think Fox, purveyor of blonds with exposed legs for 6 months until they are considered old and haggard, are going to put a ugly snaggletoothed religious loose canon on the air? Shes not a man or pretend political rep, she has no future as any kind of figurehead.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

ReidRansom posted:

How cute, you actually think that the ability to be a captivating speaker is a prerequisite to be a political talking head.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

ReidRansom posted:

Something something Sarah Palin's short-lived FOX pundit position something something.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Spaceman Future! posted:

You think Fox, purveyor of blonds with exposed legs for 6 months until they are considered old and haggard, are going to put a ugly snaggletoothed religious loose canon on the air? Shes not a man or pretend political rep, she has no future as any kind of figurehead.
Yeah, on a panel, not on their own show or anything.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

JT Jag posted:

How cute, you actually think that the ability to be a captivating speaker is a prerequisite to be a political talking head.

JT Jag posted:

Palin cleans up well, at least. And did have some media training

these people would be the equivalent of just grabbing some rando from walmart

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Quote of the day, "I took America to war in Iraq. It was all me." ~ Judith Miller.

She goes on to contradict that statement, by lying, but you don't really need to read that part.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Spaceman Future! posted:

go too far, say something outwardly racist or even more indefensibly homophobic, lose everything, die irrelevant and broke.

The american dream :gop:

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

ReidRansom posted:

Palin cleans up well, at least. And did have some media training

these people would be the equivalent of just grabbing some rando from walmart

Those eyes burn right through to the soul.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

DemeaninDemon posted:

Those eyes burn right through to the soul.

ReindeerF posted:

Oh gently caress, this would really be fantastic. The Blue Collar Political Tour. I can barely watch Palin speak without my hand over my eyes as it is. It's not fair to lump Paul in there, though. He's got some kooky ideas, but he's bright and articulate and can form complete sentences. Angle, Palin and Hayworth are just plain old angry white people with a penchant for yelling about it who have, by the grace of our current political climate, slipped the surly bonds of the local Wal Mart and touched the face of national politics.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

The only glint of hope I see in that stupid anti-gay pizza gofundme conservative backlash thing is that someone like Joe the Plumber couldn't make a living on his right-wing idiocy and had to get a union job to support himself. :lol:

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

A Winner is Jew posted:

$700k isn't that much though. My wife and I could clear that in like 4-5 years tops.

I'm such a 1%.

That's 25 years worth of income for my lovely academic science career.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Mr Interweb posted:

The only glint of hope I see in that stupid anti-gay pizza gofundme conservative backlash thing is that someone like Joe the Plumber couldn't make a living on his right-wing idiocy and had to get a union job to support himself. :lol:

I'd ignore it entirely because it only proves the economy has turned around enough, wingnuts can afford to ditch their earnings to worthless scum.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Mr Interweb posted:

Joe the Plumber was the weirdest person for the right to latch on to since every single one of the things that made him famous resulted in Democrats looking smarter and more responsible.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Not to mention that he was neither a Joe nor a Plumber (and "the" was looking a little dicey too).

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

I enjoyed how obama's response to joe the plumber was effectively identical to a speech martin sheen gave in the west wing, but where Fiction treated it as a Rousing And Inspiring moment, Real Life treated it as one of the foundational moments of a reactionary movement.

people are real dumb

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Stereotype posted:

Joe the Plumber was the weirdest person for the right to latch on to since every single one of the things that made him famous resulted in Democrats looking smarter and more responsible.

Counterpoint: Sarah Palin

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I really want Palin to swoop in and crush Jeb's dreams. She should absolutely smell blood in the water when moderate Bush is on top of popularity contest.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

not sure if i missed any talk of it, but from that cotton article

quote:

You wrote a thesis at Harvard in which you suggested that people who run for national office possess a superior intellect compared with people who don’t. Has your experience in Congress and in the Senate confirmed that?

No and yes. My thesis was a defense of our Constitution on the terms that the founding fathers wrote specifically in the Federalist Papers. They hoped that our form of government would draw forward men and women who are the wisest, most prudent and most experienced.

is his thesis as bad as it sounds

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Nonsense posted:

I really want Palin to swoop in and crush Jeb's dreams. She should absolutely smell blood in the water when moderate Bush is on top of popularity contest.

There's no room for her. Her angle is already better covered by people like Cruz.

Now a VP nod maybe.....

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

joeburz posted:

not sure if i missed any talk of it, but from that cotton article

is his thesis as bad as it sounds

You're most likely trying to mentally make it sound better than it is, but yes, it's at least as bad as it sounds.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I kind of wonder if the rumours surrounding Cotton are true and he is gay.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

who is gay?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

PupsOfWar posted:

who is gay?

Lots of people, I hear

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Good Citizen posted:

Lots of people, I hear

Tom Cotton among them, according to something I was just reading.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
im gay

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Whoa your in the wrong thread mate

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
This is a picture of the cake Tom Cotton's wife bought Wednesday.

He says he's going to finish it tonight.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Joementum posted:

I basically agree. For people who don't know, Vermont has nearly 300 school districts, which is clearly unsustainable, and the bill would require the smaller ones to merge so that the minimum district size is 1,100 students. That's going to inevitably mean some redundancies and loss of full local control over education decisions, but the bigger problem with it is the (delayed for one year) spending cap.

Jesus, 1100 seems like a tiny school district. Hell, our local High School has around 4500 kids and that's just one High School in one city. Our entire school district is 53,407 kids and that only makes us the 9th largest in the state.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Are those rainbow sprinkles? :crossarms:

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
So did Tom Cotton get a traumatic brain injury in Iraq or was he always like this

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

FCKGW posted:

Jesus, 1100 seems like a tiny school district. Hell, our local High School has around 4500 kids and that's just one High School in one city. Our entire school district is 53,407 kids and that only makes us the 9th largest in the state.

The largest school district in VT, Burlington, has just under 4,000 students. The smallest, Craftsbury, has 160. Only 16 of the nearly 300 districts have over 1,000 students, with most between 300-600 and enrollments declining statewide, hence the desire for consolidation.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
What's wrong with enjoying cake? Did you guys not have childhoods or were they just really rocky?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Kansas' state education cuts have hit two districts so hard they are going to have to end the school year earlier than planned due to lack of funding.

Keep in mind that the state has been ordered by the Kansas Supreme Court (at least once) to stop cutting education spending so much because they're violating the state constitution.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/03/kansas-schools-funding_n_7001244.html

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

site posted:

What's wrong with enjoying cake? Did you guys not have childhoods or were they just really rocky?

Grocery store white sheet cake is an abomination you tone-deaf monster.

Can't this man enjoy a pie or something? Nope, just some flour garbage that would be better used as a waffle instead.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I have a weird love of these stock photo twitter graphics the campaigns use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Is Walker Photoshopped in there? He seems especially out of place on the 3rd one.

• Locked thread