Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013

That was perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

It is perfect. They are the greatest creative team in all of modern day art.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Jesus Christ

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

TriffTshngo posted:

ONE and Murata are literally The World's Strongest Team.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I don't want to see a time where ONE and Murata aren't working together.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Good one shot.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
Was that the prequel to Terra Formars?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I will never understand why more mangaka don't go the collaborate route

Because holy poo poo

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

TheKingofSprings posted:

I will never understand why more mangaka don't go the collaborate route

Because holy poo poo

The are very few writers as good as ONE. There are no comic artists as good as Murata.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Some who has all the money in the world, give all of it to ONE and Murata because they deserve it.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

It'd be cool if togashi would get someone to draw for him

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Like his wife?

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

This is what Terraformars should have been about.

I Love Annie May fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Mar 31, 2015

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
I want that to become a short series when OPM is done. I.. I don't know how you would stretch it out, but I want more of it.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Hobo Siege posted:

I want that to become a short series when OPM is done. I.. I don't know how you would stretch it out, but I want more of it.

Clearly it turns into a gag series where everyone struggles to comprehend a small child who can smash a cockroach with a shoe.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Shugojin posted:

Clearly it turns into a gag series where everyone struggles to comprehend a small child who can smash a cockroach with a shoe.

That child's name? Albert Einstein Saitama.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Leorio never disappoints.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Flying roaches are no joke.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Gyges posted:

Leorio never disappoints.

Chimera Cockroach arc.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

NecroMonster posted:

It'd be cool if togashi would get someone to draw for him

Togashi's art is amazing though

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

AnonSpore posted:

Togashi's art is amazing though

Insufficient data for meaningful answer.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Shugojin posted:

Insufficient data for meaningful answer.

The turkey is all you need to know.

Look at that thing, it's marvelous. The best drawing of a turkey I've ever seen in my life, bar none.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I dunno man, did you read the latest Attack on Titan?

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

pnumoman posted:

The turkey is all you need to know.

Look at that thing, it's marvelous. The best drawing of a turkey I've ever seen in my life, bar none.

you should commission a drawing of yourself

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

all joking aside his art really is very good when he feels like trying but i'm pretty sure at this point that he's one of the laziest people ever

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I love comedy manga but I do a lot more smiling and chuckling than I do genuine laughing. That loving one shot had me dying like every other page. So simple but so perfect.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I lost it at the dude blowing his own head off trying to shoot it.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

So amazing. One-shots that are made to try to set up a universe for a proper series are all well and good, but I think I like this style more, where the premise is utterly ridiculous but it works for exactly the length of that one-shot.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Fabricated posted:

I lost it at the dude blowing his own head off trying to shoot it.

I hope Murata somehow makes a deal to get that animated. I can hear the guy screaming then blowing his head off. "Game over mann ahhhhh"

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Science should find a way to sew ONE and Murata together so that they never stop collaborating.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Nah, they'll probably fuse their souls when their hearts beat at the same pace and their souls reunite once again to lift the curse.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

I don't think there's ever been an instance where ONE says, 'here, draw this this and that' and Murata replies 'Are you nuts?! No way am I drawing that!'

He just goes ahead and does it and it's 10x more awesome than what ONE scripted.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Nah, you have to give ONE credit too. He has amazing composition skills, and Murata often as not just copies and upscales the original panel by panel.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

Serious Frolicking posted:

Nah, you have to give ONE credit too. He has amazing composition skills, and Murata often as not just copies and upscales the original panel by panel.

It still amazes me with OPM that Murata follows ONE's panel layout almost 1:1 unless he's adding awesome poo poo like Sonic jumping around when Saitama first met him. I was using a translated ONE chapter to see what the text in the latest chapter was, and it was drat near a carbon copy. Just a much prettier carbon copy.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Gothmog1065 posted:

It still amazes me with OPM that Murata follows ONE's panel layout almost 1:1 unless he's adding awesome poo poo like Sonic jumping around when Saitama first met him. I was using a translated ONE chapter to see what the text in the latest chapter was, and it was drat near a carbon copy. Just a much prettier carbon copy.

I said it before and I'll say it again, ONE is a manga genius that never bothered to polish his drawing skills. He has a crazy good eye for panel and page composition, his writing is top notch, and he has an intimate knowledge of his medium, its tropes, and how to utilize them to great effect. He just never bothered to learn how to draw well. He was too busy making manga I guess.

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.
More OPM http://bato.to/read/_/314026/onepunch-man_ch44.2_by_nerieru-scans/1

Ah, so naive and innocent, ranking Saitama below King.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Wait, if I'm reading those action panels right. Did Handsome Mask just break that guy's knees then one inch punch his head into paste? Yikes.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Yep, don't gently caress with Handsomely Sweet Mask.

Also, I never get tired of the serious series just being normal moves made into supermoves because it's Saitama doing them.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

King does defy common sense, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
King rules.