Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Uranium 235 posted:

How good is the B2? It only sees tier 4, right? Seems pretty good.

B2 as a tank itself is meh, but the fact that is sees only tier 4 makes is single most OP tank in the game.

Get one ASAP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:
Log in, decide to play a game in a tank I don't care about so much (KV-85) to test the waters of my internet, so to speak (it's 11PM, the "engineering frat" upstairs are still awake and liable to begin torrenting half the internet at any moment).

http://wotreplays.com/site/1763411#fjords-rossmum-kv-85

Welp, that's my login bonus done! *closes game*

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Atomizer posted:

What's going on with Guerrillas? I mean there might be something happening with the CW clans in general, but I noticed that Sela's in BULBA now and plays CS:GO for some reason, and then I noticed that -G- is down like 20 players.

It's never just one thing. G kicked a bunch of people for inactivity, then started recruiting people to fill those slots. Since this is a dying game and G's reputation has been taken down a notch recently with other rival clans getting better, G was faced with either not recruiting or setting the bar for admission lower. They chose the latter, and that reinforced the idea that the G tag might not be the Internet tank nerd status symbol it used to be. That led a couple of high profile streamers to reassess their reason to be in the clan, and decide to leave. G has always had a significant number of antisocial spergs like you find in elite guilds of any online computer game, and for some the current unrest is a decent reason to cut ties with people they don't really like.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Gervasius posted:

B2 as a tank itself is meh, but the fact that is sees only tier 4 makes is single most OP tank in the game.

Get one ASAP.

Is the B2 the one that you want to back up in at all times since there's more weakpoints on the front?

Azhais fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Apr 3, 2015

utvolsbaby
May 19, 2004
Go Big Orange

rossmum posted:

Log in, decide to play a game in a tank I don't care about so much (KV-85) to test the waters of my internet, so to speak (it's 11PM, the "engineering frat" upstairs are still awake and liable to begin torrenting half the internet at any moment).

http://wotreplays.com/site/1763411#fjords-rossmum-kv-85

Welp, that's my login bonus done! *closes game*

Thanks for this. Looked like it could go south quickly, but nice recovery.

Any replays are welcome.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

saintonan posted:

Since this is a dying game

This has been said for the last two years.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Its not dying but it is definitely stagnating. It's pretty much all the same players for the last few years on the NA servers.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

So a waffle with the 15cm can high roll 909 damage? That's pretty cool and awesome.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

Agrajag posted:

It's pretty much all the same players for the last few years on the NA servers.

this clearly isn't true as looking at xvm stats during a round shows tons of players with a low number of battles. I'd agree that it is stagnating though, partly because a lot of long-time players are leaving and partly because there isn't much of an endgame for the ones who stay

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Jack_tripper posted:

this clearly isn't true as looking at xvm stats during a round shows tons of players with a low number of battles. I'd agree that it is stagnating though, partly because a lot of long-time players are leaving and partly because there isn't much of an endgame for the ones who stay
Everything starts dying and being trash compared to the past of honored memory as long as that memory is more than a few months old

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

saintonan posted:

It's never just one thing. G kicked a bunch of people for inactivity, then started recruiting people to fill those slots. Since this is a dying game and G's reputation has been taken down a notch recently with other rival clans getting better, G was faced with either not recruiting or setting the bar for admission lower. They chose the latter, and that reinforced the idea that the G tag might not be the Internet tank nerd status symbol it used to be. That led a couple of high profile streamers to reassess their reason to be in the clan, and decide to leave. G has always had a significant number of antisocial spergs like you find in elite guilds of any online computer game, and for some the current unrest is a decent reason to cut ties with people they don't really like.

wat

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

I killed G. RIP G.

(Did me killing NTR kill G by side effect?)

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
Was having a nice time playing tanks with goons after a week of work, turning around, missing shots, getting shot in the butt until some condescending goon starts drawling on about how we're playing scouts wrong and how he's not mad but here's how it goes. Get hosed, dude. No wonder we're losing participation.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Jago posted:

Was having a nice time playing tanks with goons after a week of work, turning around, missing shots, getting shot in the butt until some condescending goon starts drawling on about how we're playing scouts wrong and how he's not mad but here's how it goes. Get hosed, dude. No wonder we're losing participation.

You can call me by my name.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Jago posted:

Wait a second, Saintonen and Rothmog both have SA accounts with the same name. Who are you?

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
I'm your god drat mother. Sit on it, fatty.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Jago posted:

I'm your god drat mother. Sit on it, fatty.

I hear a lot of that sort of potty mouth talk from you creepy internet trolls from known griefing stronghold https://www.something.awful.com. Eventually you just are gonna learn that some people play for fun, and others intentionally play as poorly as possible so that no one else gets to have fun.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Hellsau posted:

I hear a lot of that sort of potty mouth talk from you creepy internet trolls from known griefing stronghold https://www.something.awful.com. Eventually you just are gonna learn that some people play for fun, and others intentionally play as poorly as possible so that no one else gets to have fun.

He's a pubby all-star.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Hellsau posted:

I killed G. RIP G.

(Did me killing NTR kill G by side effect?)

I killed tanks. Everything started to fall apart as soon as Gyarados kicked 30+ PBKAC 'inactives'* (including myself) to make room for BADGR refugees.

* a lot of goons because he's a redditor.

Also, I just realized that the reason that WG decided to give people crews after the Winter Mode event was because I'm guessing a vast minority of people ever upgrade their barracks, and by jamming 13 new crew into your barracks, you're forced to upgrade or dismiss perfectly viable 100% crew. That's pretty diabolical. Thankfully from my days of *caring*, I've got a 69 bed barracks. :v:

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Apr 4, 2015

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I killed tanks. Everything started to fall apart as soon as Gyarados kicked 30+ PBKAC 'inactives'* (including myself) to make room for BADGR refugees.

Hah, yet another victim I can claim - BADGR was made up of clans that I killed. The leadership was mostly VOLT and CRABS people, with some from PURPL. Basically by them merging together, they could avoid destroying other clans with their incompetence seek shelter from my clan killing ways. Now that they're split, my influence is killing off the whole of the NA server.

Pretty soon the top five clans are going to be BT, FURIA, QC, CH4I, and OTTER.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

Hellsau posted:

God drat, if your teammates in the east actually aggressively push/shoot poo poo you spot in middle, your team would win easily and you'd clear so many credits. Also lol just kidding they camped J0 and your team lost horribly.

Actually we won (33% chance to win):

http://wotreplays.com/site/1692007#fiery_salient-kaiserschnitzel-l_we

I was drunk as hell - I pretty much get vertigo looking at the replay - and we had 2 AFK tanks. The 3 Superpershings that went to the hill died; the T-32 ended up charging up the West side, I just kept bouncing shots from people shooting at me on the mid ridge, but the E-25 had a really good game and the T-29 ended up doing a lot of damage.

Actually I'm pretty sure I quoted you at the beginning of the game. The first three minutes of the game are worth watching because it's such a clusterfuck, but the end is just a shitshow and I can't believe we won.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

Uranium 235 posted:

There's a special today through April 7th for $25 that gives you 2500 gold, 7 days of premium, a Pz.Kpfw. B2 740 (f), and a garage slot.

How good is the B2? It only sees tier 4, right? Seems pretty good.

EVERYBODY GO BUY A B2, because B2 platoons are very very fun.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj69L_W6uH4

New rng. God drat hilarious.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

That E-50M nailing that BatChat for 1400 on a ram is amazing. Plus the ricochet killing the other Bat is even better.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

oh yes, le epic maymays :xd:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Jago posted:

A lot of goons who play this game are cancerous and that's why I mostly fly solo.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

Done.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

-Troika- posted:

A lot of goons who play this game are cancerous and that's why I mostly fly solo.

He was found guilty for not putting some stank on it.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

Yeah it's loving awesome. My first battle was a ~1450 base exp carry and I got the Connect Four mission for my free garage slot. B2 is already paying off.

edit: also, you can shoot a shitload of gold and still make a little money.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer
Mostly apathy.

People got discouraged when we lost a few clan war battles, but what do you expect when you go over strats 10 minutes before the battle, and the other team has practiced it multiple times.

For me, I don't care. I don't want to put effort into this game. Last thing I want to do in this game, or any clan, is to treat it like EVE or WoW, where it almost becomes a part time job.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Saint Celestine posted:

Mostly apathy.

People got discouraged when we lost a few clan war battles, but what do you expect when you go over strats 10 minutes before the battle, and the other team has practiced it multiple times.

For me, I don't care. I don't want to put effort into this game. Last thing I want to do in this game, or any clan, is to treat it like EVE or WoW, where it almost becomes a part time job.

Well friend, I have a wonderful opportunity for you! I know exactly the place you can go to just hang out and not put much effort in:

http://na.wargaming.net/clans/1000011433/ posted:

PANSY is the cool place to hang out. You can find most of the cool people here. In PANSY you can just chill and do whatever and totally relax. "Take it easy" is the PANSY motto, for example, that's how laid back it is here. Show up if you want to have a good time. Another good reason to show up is if you want to hang out with friends.

Really though clan wars is insanely low stakes to bother putting much effort into it. A bare minimum should be expected (probably more than just making strats during the battle countdown after the team is chosen) but there just isn't anything worth winning on the clan wars map to spend EVE levels of time on it.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Saint Celestine posted:

Mostly apathy.

The hosed thing? Even after Gyarados' little kitty pogrom, for 2+ months afterwards, every night at ~7pm I was checking PBKAC's battle schedule. I couldn't even see the chips anymore, but when you play something like this for as long as you and I have, some things just get ingrained.

Can we please do this internet tanks thing *right* when Armored Warfare gets CW sometime in 2025? I don't want another NDP vs. SGLE-style "who are the truer/better goons" pissing contest.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Apr 4, 2015

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Getting kicked from PBKAC was honestly one of the best things that ever happened to me. Now I spend less time in tanks and more time playing games with real life friends. It's surprising how liberating it has been. I still log into tanks to do my daily doubles, but other than that I'm pretty much winding down. I've been doing clan wars since the beginning and it's nice to suddenly have all this free time.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

BadLlama posted:

So a waffle with the 15cm can high roll 909 damage? That's pretty cool and awesome.

It can roll 937 actually! Every gun's damage and penetration can roll +/- 25% from the average (the number listed on the gun). So the brit 183 for example, with its listed 1750 damage, can actually roll 2187! Or as "low" as 1313 for that matter.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Even more left in February (including officers like Pope_Shizzle) and never rejoined another clan. My guess is apathy finally caught up with them.

February Join/Quits:

Where can I find the tool you used there? I've always been interested in player/clan migration stuff in general.

A month or so ago, I was in a random battle with Xpedience (lol) and a platoon from ESPRT on the opposite team. The latter was trying to recruit the former, and mentioned that a lot of the ex-FORGE guys from -G- had left to form ESPRT, so I figured that was part of the migration. I recognize quite a few of those names in your screenshots from FORGE/ANVIL, and others (e.g. Naga, Friction) are doing the 1337 Pr0 G4m1ng thing, so it wouldn't surprise me if they dropped due to lack of time for the less-"srs bsns" stuff.

So I guess this means OTTER and BULBA are bulking up? And what's the deal with PINGU? I think I saw Hellsau in them the other day, but not anymore. I guess that means he's going to have another story to tell us! ;)

saintonan posted:

So... they couldn't figure out that you only kick inactives when you have a replacement lined up? Like, for the purposes of holding chips, inactives are still valuable. I mean, this is how I handle clan management and we don't even do CW. I actually learned the value of this a couple years ago, before ever leading a clan! :psyboom:

Saint Celestine posted:

Mostly apathy.

Was it always like that in -G-? I was under the impression that you guys did at least some practicing, rather than pulling a SGLE thing and not practicing at all, running the same strat over and over until it gets cracked.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

What happened with BADGR? I thought they were one of the better PETCO sub-clans, why were they dying instead of like BIRDY or whatever?

(And gently caress Reddit now and forever, seriously.)

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The hosed thing? Even after Gyarados' little kitty pogrom, for 2+ months afterwards, every night at ~7pm I was checking PBKAC's battle schedule. I couldn't even see the chips anymore, but when you play something like this for as long as you and I have, some things just get ingrained.

Can we please do this internet tanks thing *right* when Armored Warfare gets CW sometime in 2025? I don't want another NDP vs. SGLE-style "who are the truer/better goons" pissing contest.

I'd like to get in on the AW goon clan when it's a thing. Hopefully there won't be clan member limits like in WoT so we don't have to split up the community. :ohdear:

Refried Noodle
Feb 23, 2012

Yeah, I can totally relate to this clan chat.

On EU we have a comparable schism between the true goons in glorious 2PAC and Princess Sexton et al in the brotherhood of GOKU.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Atomizer posted:

Where can I find the tool you used there? I've always been interested in player/clan migration stuff in general.

http://wotcs.com/clans.php

To get to the migration data, you select a clan, open its page, wait for the details to load, then find "Member Changes" on the far right of the selectable tabs under the loading bar.

Atomizer posted:

What happened with BADGR? I thought they were one of the better PETCO sub-clans, why were they dying instead of like BIRDY or whatever?

ESPRT landed to the north of PBKAC and started butchering PUPEH (no longer a PETCO sub-clan since Alphyn is gone) and BUNEH (who held Vermont and New Hampshire for offset stacks and because no one else wanted it). We (since I was still in the clan at that point) tried to fight off ESPRT like a good parent clan and proceeded to get our poo poo pushed in night after night, up to and including losing NYC to them a few times. I - not to put much weight on it - got tired of hearing the same poo poo being said night after night, so I 'pulled a SirMolle' (EVE Goons will know what this means) yet still checked up on how things were going.

So imagine my surprise when all of a sudden ESPRT has retreated from PBKAC land and held all of PUPEH, BUNEH, and 1-2 PBKAC provinces while PBKAC pretty much controls everything status quo anti-fuckem.

Not long after that Gyarados kicks ~1/3 of the clan for 'inactivity' (with no prior notice via PM or a flash message via teamspeak) and brings in BADGR actives whom, and I quote from my convo with him, "are around and still care." And since, if you check that website for random adds, have been accepting a bunch of 'why the gently caress'-grade applicants as well.

I haven't been keeping up entirely with recent events, but after BULBA decided to come in and make some cat stew, PBKAC decided to go down and (I hope) scrimmage with the RDDT parent clan, because it was painful watching the tug of war going on over Atlanta. Now it seems that PBKAC's been allowed to 'have' most of the 'ancestral homeland' back because OTTER has their south flank and the NAP is evidently still solid with ESPRT. Again, this is all mostly a guess just from casual observation and a bit of insight.

TL;DR: PBKAC NDP-ed itself when a sub-commander decided to pull an Anderson, and OTTER is the new S-G-LE.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Apr 4, 2015

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Refried Noodle posted:

Yeah, I can totally relate to this clan chat.

On EU we have a comparable schism between the true goons in glorious 2PAC and Princess Sexton et al in the brotherhood of GOKU.

Except we have more seal noises.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:
I occasionally run into people who are amazed to see an NDP member still playing and try to recruit me into their clans. Most recently it was some guy from ESPRT.

gently caress clan wars though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Atomizer posted:

And what's the deal with PINGU? I think I saw Hellsau in them the other day, but not anymore. I guess that means he's going to have another story to tell us! ;)

PINGU is mostly adequate players, rerolls and alt accounts - less than thirty on a night. Was doing strongholds, we were winning 9 to 5, and we capped out instead of killing them. Highest XP on the team was 400. I asked if we could spend the extra 40 seconds to finish the enemy to earn three times the XP, and they said boxes were what mattered. I said okay, swap me out for the dude waiting for a spot, and went to go pub it up.

Kicked from clan, kicked from TS, no words or warning from Twin_Turb0. Ryan came by the next day, asked wtf happened, and said I can come back if I wanted. Twin is in THUGZ now. I have no idea what the gently caress anymore. It was the most bizarre, autistic poo poo.