Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anphear
Jan 20, 2008

fjelltorsk posted:

I like teasing, so its british, classy and roomy. It is also not a jag.

You grab a nice old Roller?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

CommieGIR posted:

You upset the Godfather didn't you?

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL
A Build thread would mostly contain pictures of rust, fire damage and me crying in a corner. I will consider it when it comes time to assemBle. I got the car very cheap Because it has allready completed its ritual Burning of the engine Bay. This is a very very long term project.

Steps are:
Clean up the car
Make it fit
Make it run
Make it run fast
Make it handle (lol)

Goals are:
1200hp
Leather and fur

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

So what kind of Bentley is it? :v:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

1.4 INCH DICK posted:

Y'all want a savage movie to watch track down These Final hours. I know Vudu streams it.

http://youtu.be/FUDqd1DEvms

I saw this in the cinemas last year. It was a brilliant end of the world movie. Well worth it

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
The B's clearly stand for British Leyland.

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL
1990 turbo R in wild cherry

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Ritual burning of the engine bay? TVR.

Ritual Burning of the engine Bay? Bentley
E:Mulsanne. :colbert:

E:2: I can't read.

cakesmith handyman fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Apr 4, 2015

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
That sounds awesome.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

User Error posted:

Yeah, I figure it's set up to shift slower. I'll probably J-mod it at some point but today I just wanted to get it running. The larger torque converter has a slightly lower stall. Automatics are still largely black boxes to me but I'm learning a bit as I go along.

I really hope you flushed the trans cooler and lines, else the trans debris from the old one is likely going to murder the new one. If you didn't, change the fluid then run it like 20 miles gently and change it again, plus the filter if there is one.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Saw furious7 with the wifey yesterday. Scenes with Paul Walker where he's doing action things had me all tense and thinking *this is how they're gonna kill his character*. I really like how they treated him and it felt like saying goodbye to a friend. Both of us were kinda misty eyed at the end.

Also, I wish people would leave their whooping autistic children at home. There's a whole part of the plot of the movie I still don't understand because this kid was making all kinds of noise and wandering around.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Taco Box posted:

Also, I wish people would leave their whooping autistic children at home. There's a whole part of the plot of the movie I still don't understand because this kid was making all kinds of noise and wandering around.

Yeah, screw the kids with autism that want to watch a movie, you have the plotline of FF7 to focus on.

So, TT gets an awesome dog, fjelltorsk gets an awesome project... good way to end lent.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Tusen Takk posted:

So I took your guys recommendation and checked out some shelters, and lo and behold, we found a Lab/Husky/German Shepherd mix. We're picking him up tomorrow after I get off work :3:

My brother and sister in law already got his little brother :D
Hell yes that should be a great dog. Congrats on the new best buddy. Please fill snapchat and this thread with puppy pictures.

fjelltorsk posted:

So, since selling the G, the Lancia, the Volvo bimoto and my Suzukis i have been without a project to wrench on. Three weeks ago i ordered a ls7 crate engine. Matching 6 speed gearbox and a pair of garret gt35s. Yesterday we found the perfect car to put it in.
Goals are:
1200hp
Leather and fur
ls7 rolls or bentley...are those even :britain: If you make a thread please link it in here. Turbo R works

Diet chat: Monitor your calories and lift, run, whatever if you feel like it. I just lift 3 or more times a week then eat ~5k minimum. Thanks to this (and my hosed up gut) I look less like poo poo and have been sitting at the same weight for the past ~6 months despite my body fat percentage decreasing. Finally seeing abs poking through :3:

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

meatpimp posted:

Yeah, screw the kids with autism that want to watch a movie, you have the plotline of FF7 to focus on.

So, TT gets an awesome dog, fjelltorsk gets an awesome project... good way to end lent.

:what: people bitch all day about babies in theaters, why's this different?

Also, he was more interested in his sippy cup of soda being empty than watching the movie.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Taco Box posted:

:what: people bitch all day about babies in theaters, why's this different?

Also, he was more interested in his sippy cup of soda being empty than watching the movie.

If you want solitude in a movie, you go to a matinee a few weeks after a release. If you go to a major picture on opening weekend, you're guaranteed to have to deal with... other people.

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL
http://flic.kr/p/qVpikQ
Just to add to dog chat. On phone so you only get a link

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

meatpimp posted:

If you want solitude in a movie, you go to a matinee a few weeks after a release. If you go to a major picture on opening weekend, you're guaranteed to have to deal with... other people.
While I'd prefer solitude, I also want to see films fairly soon after release most of the time, and being in a screen with a lot of other people isn't that much of an issue, because most of them know how to act like civilised members of society.

Given the choice, I'll go to a showing that doesn't let under-18s in at all.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Previa_fun posted:

I think we're going to try to buy a house this summer and my level of anxiety over this is pretty much: :ohdear:

Its like that at the start (i've been through four years of this bullshit to get to the stage of actually living in my new house because of land developer fuckups) but eventually it pays off.

Scotch and coke, Laz-y-boy recliner, Black keys on the stereo and friends over for dinner you cooked them. Its so worth it. That and I cut a foot diameter hole in my ceiling two days ago ready for my fireplace to go in and im getting ready to drill straight through my hardwood floors in a closet to bolt a gun safe down, and I dont have to ask anyone for permission (apart from the missus) or try to hide it from a rental inspection.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Quite A Tool posted:

Ughhh gross. Did the PO leave some snacks in there for you?

He left a lot of...something. He said he left it in his mom's garage for the last few years so there was a lot of dust and dirt in there. Lots of hair too.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Tusen Takk posted:

Aww that is a good name :3:

My wife wants to call him Samson since he's going to be big and strong and make her feel safe when I'm not home at night :3:

I'm super stoked because she's going to see how a shedding dog is nbd and it'll open the doors to me getting my irish wolfhound in a few years :getin:

As in Brock Samson? Hmm, thats hard to compete with but Stitch is fireproof and bulletproof, and hes really strong :colbert:

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

meatpimp posted:

You are poo poo. Stop being poo poo.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Ozmiander posted:

You are poo poo. Stop being poo poo.

Another fine, well-supported argument from poster Ozmiander. :bravo:

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

meatpimp posted:

Another fine, well-supported argument from poster Ozmiander. :bravo:

I didn't want to phrase it in a way that you couldn't understand.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

For those not on snapchat...

They didn't believe me it would fit when I pulled up. Would have fit better the other way but oh well. Apparently even with the Cayenne no one has loaded anything this large into a P car at that Lowes. I'm a special kind of idiot.

Fart Pipe posted:

As in Brock Samson? Hmm, thats hard to compete with but Stitch is fireproof and bulletproof, and hes really strong :colbert:
Adding Stitch to potential dog name list.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

When I was wee we had a Gordon Setter called Stitch (or Stitches) because she had hosed up eyes as a puppy and had to get an operation. She was a purebred but when got her free because of the eye thing. Used to go fell running with my dad and would jump deer fences, mad bitch. Was a good gun dog too. Weird to hear of other dogs called Stitch.... or is it a thing from a film?

Amazingly I had a good experience with Kwik Fit (UK chain garage, known for being sketchy ripoff bastards) yesterday. MOT'd the fiancée's Corsa, it genuinely needed a pile of work, but it still came in under £250. They couldn't get the handbrake properly adjusted without it binding either though, so I feel somewhat reassured in my spannering skills.

User Error
Aug 31, 2006

kastein posted:

I really hope you flushed the trans cooler and lines, else the trans debris from the old one is likely going to murder the new one. If you didn't, change the fluid then run it like 20 miles gently and change it again, plus
the filter if there is one.

Brand new cooler, flushed lines. I dont want to do this job again.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Taco Box posted:

I really like how they treated him and it felt like saying goodbye to a friend. Both of us were kinda misty eyed at the end.

Agreed. It was a kickass movie, and good enough that we can stop apologizing for it being :rice: the franchise has actually become something really quite good. Being a father and husband and seeing Paul Walker on screen as his character and knowing he was those things in real life struck an emotional chord with me. All around good dude and he definitely left a legacy for car guys.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

Ferremit posted:

Its like that at the start (i've been through four years of this bullshit to get to the stage of actually living in my new house because of land developer fuckups) but eventually it pays off.

Scotch and coke, Laz-y-boy recliner, Black keys on the stereo and friends over for dinner you cooked them. Its so worth it. That and I cut a foot diameter hole in my ceiling two days ago ready for my fireplace to go in and im getting ready to drill straight through my hardwood floors in a closet to bolt a gun safe down, and I dont have to ask anyone for permission (apart from the missus) or try to hide it from a rental inspection.

Pretty much this. It can be a huge pain in the dick at times, but the whole "gently caress yeah I'll drill as many holes in that wall as I drat well please, after I paint it bright orange!" bit more than makes up for it.

Oh, and, fittingly, I just put new brake pads on the bike while drinking a random five year old home brew. drat that was nice.

NitroSpazzz posted:

For those not on snapchat...

They didn't believe me it would fit when I pulled up. Would have fit better the other way but oh well. Apparently even with the Cayenne no one has loaded anything this large into a P car at that Lowes. I'm a special kind of idiot.

Hahaha, this owns. I need to get on this snapchat wagon.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

The M5 came with a hideous radio head unit. The rest of the stereo install is decent and will likely stay but I need a head unit that matches the rest of the car. Are there any companies that make head units that look like mid/late 80's BMW style but would function with a newer audio install? Basically I don't want a big screen, a bunch of lights and graphics.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Fart Pipe posted:

As in Brock Samson?

Brock Samson wasn't the first guy named Samson known for being big, strong, and hairy :bahgawd:

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Car chat.
Had to pick an SSD for work yesterday, so a trip to BB over lunch. On my way out I see a really odd old rear end car in front of me. Grab the guy's attention at the stop to find out WTF it is.
He told me, but who here can ID it?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Isn't it just a squareback? Or is it some super rare variant non-VW people don't know about?

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Motronic posted:

Isn't it just a squareback? Or is it some super rare variant non-VW people don't know about?
yes just a squareback. But I'd never seen one before. :/
'67. Really good condition, but no gloss on the paint at all.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

NitroSpazzz posted:

The M5 came with a hideous radio head unit. The rest of the stereo install is decent and will likely stay but I need a head unit that matches the rest of the car. Are there any companies that make head units that look like mid/late 80's BMW style but would function with a newer audio install? Basically I don't want a big screen, a bunch of lights and graphics.

Dunno about BMW style but blaupunkt units are the only cheap units I found that don't look ridiculous. The build quality is questionable but for a $130 you get a conservative looking head unit and Bluetooth support.

If price is no object Nakamichi used to make head units that looked like they came straight out of an 80s car, no Bluetooth though.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

NitroSpazzz posted:

I think the Blaupunkt looks unobtrusive and kinda nice in my 86 Ford... Take a look at their stuff, and maybe check my posts in the Panther thread to see pics (phoneposting atm)

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

ilkhan posted:

Car chat.
Had to pick an SSD for work yesterday, so a trip to BB over lunch. On my way out I see a really odd old rear end car in front of me. Grab the guy's attention at the stop to find out WTF it is.
He told me, but who here can ID it?

Just a type 3 wagon. They were pretty common in Australia as they made them here, or at least assembled them from CDK. There's even one on my street.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Apr 4, 2015

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
Nice dog TT!
I hope he's not to much husky, as mine is almost completely silent (he's a terrible guard dog). We also call him a catdog because he used to sit on the backs of couches, cleans his face religiously, and paws at you for attention like you wouldn't believe!
(Also the shedding, dear lord)

I feel like there are no old BMW friendly Bluetooth capable radios currently... I'm considering buying one of the later business cassette that had aux capabilities. At least they would glow orange AND be matte black.
Everything new is too shiny and too look-at-me.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

There's no anything friendly radio units anymore. Aside from Blaupunkt everything else looks like it belongs in a riced out 90s honda civic. I'm convinced there's a huge market for somebody to design a halfway decent head unit with a simple utilitarian design that doesn't flash blue, red and orange lights every time you turn on your car.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Bluetooth isn't a requirement just a feature that would be kind of nice to have. I'll have to find somewhere local I can see Blaupunkt in person to see how boring/dim I can make it. Those Nakamishi's are nice, never heard of them until now...$1700 for a head unit though. It's strange because there's a decent selection for older radios that match cars from the 50's and stuff but nothing really for the period between that and the flashy poo poo that's popular now.

1500quidporsche posted:

There's no anything friendly radio units anymore. Aside from Blaupunkt everything else looks like it belongs in a riced out 90s honda civic. I'm convinced there's a huge market for somebody to design a halfway decent head unit with a simple utilitarian design that doesn't flash blue, red and orange lights every time you turn on your car.
Agreed, it seems a company like Blaupunkt could easily take some of their old designs and add in features while having them look the same and completely dominate the market.

I mean Porsche supposedly sells this for $700 which is pretty awesome.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Apr 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL
Tracking indicates my ls7 will arrive the comming weeks, the Bentley in about a month. Im still confused how my wife talked me into the Ls7. I was thinking something like a Rover v8. I like my woman

• Locked thread