Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014
Chinese All Stars URF was cool. More action packed than the NA one. Misaya and WeiXiao (?) played in it too.

Edit: Ooh, a second urf match with same teams.

Dervyn fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Apr 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

So piglet plays in the quarters today... but he's already up and streaming at 7 am on the west coast O.o

also, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?LoLeventVoDs that's the Reddit LOL VOD account, they already have the videos for tonights LPL and LCK games going up.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
EU playoffs are getting started. Rooting for H2k because of the Prolly factor.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I still don't get how he ended up as their coach, it seems like the most random addition ever but that might just be me not quite understanding what Prolly brings to being a coach other than a veteran player.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

Flipswitch posted:

I still don't get how he ended up as their coach, it seems like the most random addition ever but that might just be me not quite understanding what Prolly brings to being a coach other than a veteran player.

Prolly always was more of a thinking player. He didn't have good mechanics so he had to work out weird matchups and stuff. I think he was always trying to push the team to be better as well, but that caused interpersonal problems.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

I feel like the desk was discounting just how god the Gambit squad could be.

Yes, H2K is fantastic as a team in this split, but Gambit has shown quite a bit of fight and consistency (More than UoL)

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

I think Diamondprox is the best player of the players on either team but Gambit are just am OK team in a weak league, whereas H2k I think are genuinely solid.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Disinterested posted:

I think Diamondprox is the best player of the players on either team but Gambit are just am OK team in a weak league, whereas H2k I think are genuinely solid.

It was more Quickshot saying that the only team in the quarters that could go the distance beyond H2K was "MAYBE the Unicorns of Love, because they've shown themselves to work better in series... "

I think Leviathan is the type of guy who could push Gambit into the semi's and maybe even Finals.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
lol non-korean juggermaw comp. time to choke or shine, freeze

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Nothing that gambit does, from abject failure to total domination, surprises me. They are the ultimate wildcard team.

For sure the safe money is on fnatic and SK to do the best. But I can see either team being upset - SK is predictable, and fnatic is so brawly that their games an go amiss.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Disinterested posted:

I've been impressed by Cabochard since San Jose, Gambit's botlane is quite poor though.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Firebert posted:

I've been impressed by Cabochard since San Jose, Gambit's botlane is quite poor though.

I think Cabochard is a top tier Euro top but Diamondprox is like the one thing nobody else in Europe has, a true consistent hard carry jungler.

Their botlane is poor but it can go off sometimes.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!
Yeah the bot lane is definitely the weakest part. I think Pinoy's okay but nothing more than that, and Eddie's in the bottom 3 supports in a region full of weak supports. But hey he did try the support Kennen a few months ago which suddenly became A Thing this patch so maybe he can pull that out :v:

e: KaSing with the flash missed hook death :smith:

stump collector
May 28, 2007
h2k is kickin dick and it is Good

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Unlike most other bad supports Eddie has moments of pure magic still, though.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Kasing doing work this game

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

H2K are built to make picks and are making that work perfeclty.

Although I feel like if they whiff with the sejuani ult they're screwed.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Disinterested posted:

I think Cabochard is a top tier Euro top but Diamondprox is like the one thing nobody else in Europe has, a true consistent hard carry jungler.

Their botlane is poor but it can go off sometimes.

Yeah, I like Diamond a lot. He has a poo poo ton of pocket picks that he excels on and a man who would break out Sejuani pre-cinderhulk is a man after my own heart.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Airwaks with an impressive ultimate. The opposite of WTHeaven.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Bad pros better than sub-challenger players, film at 11.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

To be fair, if you're Challenger you should be able to at least hit 1 good skillshot with your ultimate... rather than hitting a disengage when you want to engage.

CW is gonna get a talking to from Dentist. They need to do better with Objectives (obviously).

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer
And that's a wrap. Nice p/b from H2K supported by good, consistent play. Even when CW got their two picks in mid they couldn't get anything for it

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Ah I thought it started now looks like I missed Game 1. Whoopsie.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Libertine posted:

Ah I thought it started now looks like I missed Game 1. Whoopsie.

Didn't miss much, a 17/6 stomp.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
CW is outclassed and will be hard pressed to win this series, but they would be better served banning KaSing's comfort picks. He's excelled with Thresh and looked mediocre in his Annie games this season. Ban Thresh, pick Morgana for Youngbuck and you have a decent chance.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Hopefully no one that wants to win a game picks annie she's probably really loving bad on a tank patch

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

exethan posted:

Hopefully no one that wants to win a game picks annie she's probably really loving bad on a tank patch

I've been saying this for a while but it hasn't stopped a ton of people from picking her.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Annie :haw:

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
*CW picks Rek'sai/Annie on second rotation, Sejuani unbanned, unpicked*

*loses*

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
Has zyra seen much play anywhere?

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

I know a lot of what I say is out of ignorance, but wtf is with the Draven ban? Did Freeze go nuts on Draven when I wasn't looking?

Wolves... what are you doing? Why Annie/Rek'Sai?

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Or neither team could take Sej that makes a whole lot of sense.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Calax posted:

I know a lot of what I say is out of ignorance, but wtf is with the Draven ban? Did Freeze go nuts on Draven when I wasn't looking?

Wolves... what are you doing? Why Annie/Rek'Sai?

Freeze is widely considered the best Draven in Europe. He routinely gets target banned Draven/Kalista and almost always picks whichever is unbanned when one of them is.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Freeze is/should be a Draven/Kalista respect ban, Draven is his best champion by far.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
Probably the worst possible start for H2k. Wow.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i don't like the draft from either team lmao

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!
That Hec/Mao solo kill :psyduck:

:lol: most exciting Tibbers chase I've seen

Allyn fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Apr 4, 2015

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
H2K is better than CW at every position besides ADC, they can probably win with a vastly inferior P/B phase.

that being said, taking away Ahri from Ryu is a good start

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

H2K picked really hard match-ups in all three lanes. If they can hold neutral though I think they have a much better late game. H2K's draft is just really disrespectable of CW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Picking Diana into Ahri is a really arrogant pick, at the very least he should've taken teleport so he could be a splitpush threat after losing the laning phase.

• Locked thread