Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Delsaber posted:

For me I think the "look how snarky and cynical I am" style of reviewer had a very short built-in expiry date. It was old long before the current crop of YouTube "personalities" got in on the action. It's amazing to me that guys like Spoony are still doing it in 2015 and still on their own weird sites using Vimeo players or whatever. That whole genre feels like a complete relic.

poo poo, Spoony's got a Patreon account that drops him 55k a year for (at this point) putting out a video every couple of weeks gurgling incoherently about WWE. Being a relic pays pretty well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Cabbit posted:

poo poo, Spoony's got a Patreon account that drops him 55k a year for (at this point) putting out a video every couple of weeks gurgling incoherently about WWE. Being a relic pays pretty well.

poo poo, 55k is like what the NXT roster earns. I guess Spoony is a draw after all, brother.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
Spoony and his insane girlfriend and post-breakup mental breakdown was how I found out about SA.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!

Cabbit posted:

theyre not really incoherent, he's pretty much right on the money with his analysis. it's just really loving long and boring and takes him forever to make the simplest of points. seriously his rants are longer than the drat ppvs/movies at this point. But what the gently caress he has a girl, a dog, and a brand new house so I guess it works. My dumb rear end still watches him.
:shrug: I don't get it either

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Tr33 posted:

theyre not really incoherent, he's pretty much right on the money with his analysis. it's just really loving long and boring and takes him forever to make the simplest of points. seriously his rants are longer than the drat ppvs/movies at this point. But what the gently caress he has a girl, a dog, and a brand new house so I guess it works. My dumb rear end still watches him.
:shrug: I don't get it either

The best thing to happen to him was getting the hell away from TGWTG and actually getting on his meds. I still don't watch him since, frankly, I stopped finding his content either funny or informative when I got the Observer for wrestling and others for video games. But good on the guy for turning his life around from the pit he was being driven in to, and getting the help he needed.

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*
Non wrestling discussion using wrestling lingo is my fav thing.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

Shima Honnou posted:

It helps that Spoony is literally broke-brained and from what I heard wasn't even taking his pills for years.

"Wrestling is dead" ~ Person who complains about stupid poo poo.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Delsaber posted:

For me I think the "look how snarky and cynical I am" style of reviewer had a very short built-in expiry date. It was old long before the current crop of YouTube "personalities" got in on the action. It's amazing to me that guys like Spoony are still doing it in 2015 and still on their own weird sites using Vimeo players or whatever. That whole genre feels like a complete relic.
Yeah it helps that a lot of the better ones realized "poo poo this AVGN ripoff poo poo isn't going to last forever, try something else that is more informative and not being a screaming rear end in a top hat" and changed up the format to varying levels of success. (I mean even James slowed down on the AVGN and his best work will always be Monster Madness) The true kings are Red Letter Media, though that's a little unfair seeing how they have some semblance of professionalism/an actual studio.

Though enough about internet critics (sorry I brought it up) Simon Gotch also has really really good taste in film
https://twitter.com/GotchStyleWWE/status/584353096056332289

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Who is piccolo

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

ZenVulgarity posted:

Who is piccolo

https://youtu.be/UYud9962wtk?t=39m1s

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ZenVulgarity posted:

Who is piccolo

Green Goku

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

piccolo is bae

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Great White Hope posted:

Vegeta is the Dean Ambrose of DBZ.

Everyone pretends he's a big deal, then he blows himself up against a fat guy because he's stupid.
This is my favorite post.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

ZenVulgarity posted:

Who is piccolo

:cripes:

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

ZenVulgarity posted:

Who is piccolo

A cartoon man.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

ZenVulgarity posted:

Who is piccolo

Big green.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

ZenVulgarity posted:

Who is piccolo

A Namekian split into two. He (Piccolo) being the evil of the two. He trains with weighted clothing and trying to get his driver's license. He's also Gohan's Godfather.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Anime Curator posted:

A Namekian split into two. He (Piccolo) being the evil of the two. He trains with weighted clothing and trying to get his driver's license. He's also Gohan's Godfather.

Who'd he ever beat?

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I suggest that Piccolo is Randy Orton in our DBZ comparison.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
WTF is all this Dragonball Z nerd poo poo

*posted on a pro wrestling board in a thread about twitter

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Alain Post posted:

Who'd he ever beat?

Raditz and Goku

at the same time

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I meant

Which WWE superstar is similar to DBZ superstar Piccolo

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

ZenVulgarity posted:

I meant

Randy Orton

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

ZenVulgarity posted:

I meant

I see Orton as a Trunk myself, second generation star and all. Piccolo's probably more of a Dolph Ziggler, in that he can get the crap beat out of him and yet somehow recover in time for the next show.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

ZenVulgarity posted:

Who is piccolo

Upper midcard face whose job is to get beat by the big new heel.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Quantrill posted:

Randy Orton

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, agreed

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Krillin is Rey Mysterio. Okay bye

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Krillin is a vanilla midget brother

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

You could use the same description for wrestling.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Bigass Moth posted:

Krillin is a vanilla midget brother

Krillin got jobbed out because Kami thought a vanilla midget shouldn't be going out with 18.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Nakamura vs Bryan would be such an amazing match that it would destroy the activity forever afterward and there'd be no point in continuing watching.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

HHH = commander red

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

bray wyatt? Gotta believe that's yajirobe

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

This thread has taken a turn for the better

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Actually, I'm Goku

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Krillin is still like the strongest human and married a babe. He owns.

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u
Which transformer is john cena

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Skeezy posted:

Krillin is still like the strongest human and married a babe. He owns.
Then he retired from fighting because he was sick of being hurt by giant muscular morons

Krillin is CM Punk

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I think Ronda is No. 18, and will totally be her if HHH gives her a bunch of money to let Steph pin her at WM32.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Ryback is Recoome.

I can already hear him yelling "YOU'RE GONNA BE HURTIN' ALL TOO SOOOOO-NUH!"