Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

FourLeaf posted:

It would be incredibly lame and cruel if, after all that buildup with Sansa learning the game, they just have her get marital-raped by Ramsay and then she has to be rescued by loving THEON.

I think loving Theon is off the table at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

meristem posted:

Sophie Turner talked about 'building her own house' and was generally positive and hopeful about her character in interviews, though.

Maybe Theon's rescue simply isn't in, and the plan actually, to some extent, succeeds? That'd be funny. I have no idea what it'd do to the Stannis plotline.

Maybe it'll all end with a "Queen in the North!" scene.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

nine-gear crow posted:

Show Littlefinger tends to do some really stupid things though...

Lengthy monologuing in front of other characters with a schemers affect being the most common but by no means the only one.

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.

Lycus posted:

Maybe it'll all end with a "Queen in the North!" scene.
Then again, Ramsay's girlfriend is, apparently, in at least one of the final episodes. But Sophie also talked about 'letting her character die/retire' and 'waiting for her brothers', which really does look like she accomplishes something.

Also, apparently, you - I think it was you - were right about Meereen. show spoilers: E4 ends with a cliffhanger with Barristan and Grey Worm ambushed. Grey Worm apparently has scenes in the trailer that aren't in E1-E4, Barristan doesn't. They are using the death(s) to show that the Harpy is serious business.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

meristem posted:

Then again, Ramsay's girlfriend is, apparently, in at least one of the final episodes. But Sophie also talked about 'letting her character die/retire' and 'waiting for her brothers', which really does look like she accomplishes something.

Also, apparently, you - I think it was you - were right about Meereen. show spoilers: E4 ends with a cliffhanger with Barristan and Grey Worm ambushed. Grey Worm apparently has scenes in the trailer that aren't in E1-E4, Barristan doesn't. They are using the death(s) to show that the Harpy is serious business.

That's hilarious if it's true. I bet the fight takes place entirely off-screen as well. He'll die without ever fighting.

meristem
Oct 2, 2010

In It For The Tank posted:

That's hilarious if it's true. I bet the fight takes place entirely off-screen as well. He'll die without ever fighting.
No, actually. There's a cool fight scene (probably the one Ian McElhinney talked about).

I was on Westeros yesterday when E1-E4 were spoiled there and on reddit, and watched Elio nuke the spoiled threads. He didn't even lock them, just outright deleted them. Now, that was hilarious.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Maybe Theon would get rescued by Sansa. Does Sansa even know what Theon did?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Why are we using spoiler tags in the spoiler thread?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Why are we using spoiler tags in the spoiler thread?

Because having read the books doesn't mean we want the show spoiled. Now that it's all different and stupid.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Steve2911 posted:

Because having read the books doesn't mean we want the show spoiled. Now that it's all different and stupid.

Barristan is ambushed and killed in episode 5.

Stop posting in the spoiler thread if you don't want to read spoilers.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I don't get how the Grey Worm actor got upset over getting wrecked in the show if the rumor is true. The character is useless in the book and the actor is terrible in the show.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Multiple minor characters are probably getting offed this season. The actor who died mentioned that he was expecting a bigger role considering his character's scenes in the book but Grey Worm doesn't do anything except exist in ADWD.

I think it might be Finn Jones (Loras).

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It's Lord Friendzone.

And GUUM's "great twist" is that he is Rhaegar.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

whatever7 posted:

It's Lord Friendzone.

And GUUM's "great twist" is that he is Rhaegar.

Here I stand. In the friendzone.

Jorah survives until the Pit. The pissed off actor is killed off early in the season.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
It's going to be Bronn. His only trailer scenes are in some fight in Dorne, he survives the current books, the actor is English as gently caress and would use terms like " That's not up to tally" and they need something to show that Areo is someone you don't gently caress with.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

BillBear posted:

It's going to be Bronn. His only trailer scenes are in some fight in Dorne, he survives the current books, the actor is English as gently caress and would use terms like " That's not up to tally" and they need something to show that Areo is someone you don't gently caress with.

Weird question, but why exactly would they need to show that Areo is a badass? The only thing he does in the books is kill an already severely injured guy, otherwise he just polishes his ax a lot. Is there something in the cards for Hotah that I missed?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Grendels Dad posted:

Weird question, but why exactly would they need to show that Areo is a badass? The only thing he does in the books is kill an already severely injured guy, otherwise he just polishes his ax a lot. Is there something in the cards for Hotah that I missed?

Hotah is a weird element for the show. He exists in the books because we can't be in Doran's head for his POV's, so instead we get the dude that loves his axe and not much else and just observes what's going on around Doran. That perspective isn't entirely necessary on the show, so taking out Bronn for Areo seems kinda wrong.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
Yeah alright I am certainly wrong about Bronn dying just to show off Areo's skills but it will certainly show the audience that the Lannisters are starting to crumble. Bronn is the perfect example of Lannister dominance, he's went from nothing to a lord just serving the "lowest" of the Lannisters so seeing him get cut down brutally will kinda echo what's in store for the Lannisters and everyone who's sided with them this season.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

whatever7 posted:

I don't get how the Grey Worm actor got upset over getting wrecked in the show if the rumor is true. The character is useless in the book and the actor is terrible in the show.
Maybe he expected his character's romantic storyline to actually get explored a bit more.

Ross
May 25, 2001

German Moses
The twist is clearly that Ned Stark lives.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Irish Joe posted:

Stop posting in the spoiler thread if you don't want to read spoilers.

So do we need a third thread, or what? Where are people who have read the books but don't want non-book spoilers via production leaks supposed to post?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Ross posted:

The twist is clearly that Ned Stark lives.

They beheaded his secret twin brother, Den Stark.

Mischitary
Oct 9, 2007
I know that the books are a completely different thing from the show and that characters are not the same in both, but this whole thing with Sansa taking the place of Jeyne Poole in the Winterfell plot just makes my head explode. Even for show Littlefinger I cannot possibly fathom how he could let Sansa even be alone in a room with Ramsay let alone marry him.

"Sansa, you remind me so much of the one woman in my entire life that I ever truly loved and would've done anything for, so much so that I'll gladly let you marry this sadistic torturing madman who's also totally unpredictable and capable of anything."

Eh, guess I'll wait and see what they have cooked up. The Theon plot in ADWD was so great that there's probably not a chance it'll live up to my expectations anyways, but it might not be that bad. The devil may be in the details.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

frankenfreak posted:

Maybe he expected his character's romantic storyline to actually get explored a bit more.

He doesn't have balls, not gonna be much of a storyline by GoT show standards.

The whole unsullied storyline doesn't make sense without the "wine of courage" plot, which logically could cause problems down the line of supply is constrained.

Friendly Factory
Apr 19, 2007

I can't stand the wailing of women

Grendels Dad posted:

They beheaded his secret twin brother, Den Stark.

That's dumb. The original Ned was obviously Rhaegar.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
We never did see King Robert die.

meristem
Oct 2, 2010

Max posted:

Hotah is a weird element for the show. He exists in the books because we can't be in Doran's head for his POV's, so instead we get the dude that loves his axe and not much else and just observes what's going on around Doran. That perspective isn't entirely necessary on the show, so taking out Bronn for Areo seems kinda wrong.
Yes, it makes more sense to get Bronn killed by the Snakes, given how they are the primary plot providers in Dorne. I hope that he dies in a hilariously offhand manner, too.

rydiafan posted:

So do we need a third thread, or what? Where are people who have read the books but don't want non-book spoilers via production leaks supposed to post?
Eh, it's just going to be this way for this season. Next season, spoilers will just mean show-production spoilers.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Mischitary posted:

"Sansa, you remind me so much of the one woman in my entire life that I ever truly loved and would've done anything for, so much so that I'll gladly let you marry this sadistic torturing madman who's also totally unpredictable and capable of anything."
Is Ramsay's psychopathy well known outside the North? Littlefinger's smart and devious, but he's not omniscient; he may simply not know what he's getting into.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Yeah, Ramsay's crimes are kept on the down low in the show and only his victims, his henchman, and the Ironborn really have any idea of his depravity. Walder Frey didn't seem to have any notion of Ramsay's psychopathy in Season 3, and Ramsay charmed Fat Walda easily enough in their first interaction in Season 4. I can see Littlefinger thinking Ramsay is a total non-entity because he's too preoccupied with Roose, only to be caught off guard again like this:

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

LemonDrizzle posted:

Is Ramsay's psychopathy well known outside the North? Littlefinger's smart and devious, but he's not omniscient; he may simply not know what he's getting into.

If LF doesn't know, he is a dumbass. In the books Ramsay Snow was kind of infamous for being a crazy bastard before we ever got to know him. Since this is Show-LF we are talking about this is a bit of a moot point though, I realize, but if he never heard about how the bastard son of House We Love To Flay People is a sadistic prick then he might not be that good at gathering intelligence.

Friendly Factory posted:

The only way R+L=J makes sense!

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

Mischitary posted:

It's almost like Baelish has serious unresolved emotional issues with Cat that he's taking out on Sansa... Nah, he's just a lunkhead.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Friendly Factory posted:

Ned switch identify with Rhaegar in the tower of Joy.

Wait, the original Ned ran away with Lyanna.

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

Jesus, they are really collapsing those two plotlines? I thought it was Jamie doing to Dorne that was the collapsed storyline... I guess it's both. Cool. I like that they're playing jazz, so long as they keep it fun and make it good television. I am going to be a bit miffed if they totally excise Davos' visit to White Harbor and the ensuing Wyman Manderly stuff (basically, Frey Pie) because that's one of the greatest bits remaining in the books. I don't think they even cast Wyman Manderly for this season, though, so I ain't holdin' my breath. And they could easily have Davos head off to Skagos to go Rickon-huntin' without sending him to White Harbor and having him "killed".

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Show-Rickon headed to Last Hearth, so Show-Davos ain't going to Skagos.

I'd guess that Davos is just going to be a part of Stannis's scenes this season.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

whatever7 posted:

He should be happy to get a death scene instead of just being written out like the Dothraki guy from S2. Poor Kovarro :sigh:

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Poor guy died of sea sickness between S2 and S3.

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

Lycus posted:

Show-Rickon headed to Last Hearth, so Show-Davos ain't going to Skagos.

I'd guess that Davos is just going to be a part of Stannis's scenes this season.

That actually kinda works, then they can tie Rickon/Osha into Jon's plotline and use Rickon to give Jon better conflict about a desire to entire into Northern Politics than, uh, whoever that random Karstark girl was who showed up in the middle of ADWD.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

rydiafan posted:

Or those people could abstain from posting about Game of Thrones for two months.

The worst part is, poo poo like Grey Worm dying early in the season isn't even a loving spoiler.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

TOOT BOOT posted:

Giving Sansa to Ramsay seems cruel to Sansa and out of character for Littlefinger.

He presents her as but nobody believes she is the real Sansa Stark.

e: she gets all Manderly's one-liners esp. "The north remembers"

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Apr 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

where was it confirmed that sansa is replacing jeyne poole?

• Locked thread