Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dirk Diggler
Sep 28, 2001

"Jack says you've got a great big cock."

The Risk posted:

Plus the part where your company penalizes you for the late expense report and charges you a late fee.

Apparently United will upgrade their food service in the smaller planes that fly international (CRJ 700s).

My flight attendant said that they can't give food anymore because United tried to squeeze a row of seats and had to take out the space for food and coat check in business class.

Hopefully No more snack boxes while flying business class to Mexico :)

gently caress ORD...gently caress people soft

International flights in a CRJ? :stonk: :wtf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

Dirk Diggler posted:

Mexico out of IAH and Canada out of IAD, ORD, EWR, and DEN. It happens all the time. But I think the longer domestic RJ flights should see an improvement as well (like IAD-AUS/SAT which is insane on a CR7).

ufsteph
Jul 3, 2007

Dirk Diggler posted:

DFW-CUU. I land before I take off!

Dirk Diggler
Sep 28, 2001

"Jack says you've got a great big cock."

Mackieman posted:

Mexico out of IAH and Canada out of IAD, ORD, EWR, and DEN. It happens all the time. But I think the longer domestic RJ flights should see an improvement as well (like IAD-AUS/SAT which is insane on a CR7).

Ok, that's a little less awful. I misunderstood The Risk's post to mean international to Mexico from ORD, which is probably equivalent to or slightly worse than IAD-AUS or SAT.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
Holy balls I love the new Delta mileage. I got nearly 5000 miles for a DTW - BOS roundtrip without any status boosters.
Thank goodness HQ can never decide trips until the last second.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Uncle Jam posted:

Holy balls I love the new Delta mileage. I got nearly 5000 miles for a DTW - BOS roundtrip without any status boosters.
Thank goodness HQ can never decide trips until the last second.

You can't see me, but I'm flipping you off.

I've finally got some short hops around the East coast coming up the next couple of weeks where I might come out a little bit ahead. But my standard MSP or ATL to SNA or LAX flights are earning me about half the miles they used to. Though I've had slightly broken seats the last two weeks, and apparently the standard compensation for a broken seat in first for Delta is 15,000 miles. Because that's what they've given me both times even though I didn't actually complain for either of them. It was really minor stuff. Those 30k miles will go a long way towards making up what I'm losing this year due to the new earning rules.

Thoguh fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Mar 19, 2015

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer

Dirk Diggler posted:

Pretty much every flight to Canada from DTW, ATL, LGA, or if I get hosed on scheduling, EWR, is on a CRJ or ERJ.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

Thoguh posted:

You can't see me, but I'm flipping you off.

I've finally got some short hops around the East coast coming up the next couple of weeks where I might come out a little bit ahead. But my standard MSP or ATL to SNA or LAX flights are earning me about half the miles they used to. Though I've had slightly broken seats the last two weeks, and apparently the standard compensation for a broken seat in first for Delta is 15,000 miles. Because that's what they've given me both times even though I didn't actually complain for either of them. It was really minor stuff. Those 30k miles will go a long way towards making up what I'm losing this year due to the new earning rules.

That reminds me to submit a complaint that my video screen was busted on my outgoing Trans-Pacific. I pulled the trigger on a new personal laptop, small one with touch screen, right before the flight and I think it saved my life. 14 hours without entertainment would have been hellish.

It's okay though, you can flip me off, most of my earnings goes to upgrading cabins for those long flights, because economy is the policy :(

majestic12
Sep 2, 2003

Pete likes coffee

Dirk Diggler posted:

Ok, that's a little less awful. I misunderstood The Risk's post to mean international to Mexico from ORD, which is probably equivalent to or slightly worse than IAD-AUS or SAT.

That's the route I do.... (ORD to MTY)

And I just did ORD-LAX for the first time this year, and comparing against the same time last year when I did it like 7 times, mile earning is down at least 20%

majestic12 fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Mar 19, 2015

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Uncle Jam posted:

That reminds me to submit a complaint that my video screen was busted on my outgoing Trans-Pacific. I pulled the trigger on a new personal laptop, small one with touch screen, right before the flight and I think it saved my life. 14 hours without entertainment would have been hellish.

It's okay though, you can flip me off, most of my earnings goes to upgrading cabins for those long flights, because economy is the policy :(

Long haul economy is fine when I'm paying for it myself. But that's a bitch making you do it on work travel.

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~
Could I please ask a favour of the thread - could someone with a BAEC account please let me know what one-way business/first class awards are available between SYD and LHR on Cathay in the month of September? I can't register a BAEC account because I'm in NZ and Qantas doesn't let me see Cathay availability. Thanks in advance.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
There's jack poo poo from SYD I'm afraid, a couple from Singapore right at the back end of September, though that's flying MH to KUL, laying over for a day and BA F KUL-LHR. Everyone has been snapping up BA redemptions as the program is getting devalued on 28th April.

Fake Edit: One seat in CX F HKG-LHR; 7 Sept CX255 or 9 Sept CX253. A fair few BA J HKG-LHR flights September 2/3/7/8/11/14/15. You can then get a few redemptions in CX J going SYD-HKG separately. Let me know if you want any specific dates, the BA redemption system is generally terrible for browsing

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~
Thanks for the heads up. 15/16/17/18/19 Sept are the ideal departure dates from Sydney - terrible, I know.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
Sent you a PM :)

P.D.B. Fishsticks
Jun 19, 2010

:geno:

On the plus side, maybe I'll hit lowest tier status on every airline serving DAY this year?

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

P.D.B. Fishsticks posted:

:geno:

On the plus side, maybe I'll hit lowest tier status on every airline serving DAY this year?
USDM has just been rolled into AAdvantage, so at least that's 6 now. Hooray!

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
Has anyone used that "passport express" thing at Dulles? Seems to be exactly like global entry, except doesn't require an interview or cost anything.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Fun fact: if you take a 5:00am flight, there are sometimes few enough people masochistic enough to do so that you can get an entire row to yourself.

Also, Chicago is a terrible place to find a power outlet (that works).

Question for those who know AA: do they simply not let people use standby? I had an earlier connection available, and asked if I could get on standby and was told a flat "no". They hadn't even started boarding yet. Delta let's me get on standby for just about anything, whether hours in advance or 2 minutes before the boarding door closes.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

Ynglaur posted:

Question for those who know AA: do they simply not let people use standby? I had an earlier connection available, and asked if I could get on standby and was told a flat "no". They hadn't even started boarding yet. Delta let's me get on standby for just about anything, whether hours in advance or 2 minutes before the boarding door closes.
I think maybe only if you have any sort of frequent flier status.

taco show
Oct 6, 2011

motherforker

Ynglaur posted:

Also, Chicago is a terrible place to find a power outlet (that works).

If you are flying AA out of T3, there's a ton of working outlets in the hallway between H and K. (Also at Frontera. Get a Torta and charge up)

If you don't have status you have to pay for standby or a guaranteed seat/same day flight change ($75). Status members except EXP have to pay for the same day flight change, but standby is free.

Any AA agent should be able to put you on the standby list. If I get to the airport crazy early, I'll usually go to the ticket counters and ask them. I think you can do it online too up to 24h ahead, but I haven't tried.

Also, standby priority is roughly as follows: IRROPS, status in descending order, check in time.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Anyone have thoughts on Alitalia transat economy class? My other option is Turkish. I am inclined towards Alitalia due to sky team (DM) but if economy sucks I may do Turkish.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Thanks for the info on outlets. I have no status on American, so I guess that explains it. I wonder why the gate agent didn't even bother to say, "Yes, for the small price of...". But, I suppose :effort:.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
New policy: Usage of corporate chipless amex is mandatory :cry:

What the poo poo am I supposed to do on month long international trips? Bring a few grand in cash? gently caress.

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

Uncle Jam posted:

What the poo poo am I supposed to do on month long international trips? Bring a few grand in cash? gently caress.

Use ATMs to take out cash and have the company pay the hellish fees. Wait, AMEX don't have one of the networks, do they?

AgrippaNothing
Feb 11, 2006

When flying, please wear a suit and tie just like me.
Just upholding the social conntract!
I'm guessing that the corp card is a dumb chipless card and not personal card they have a problem with? gently caress that sucks.

Change 3000 in cash and then let them eat the monex fee on the way back. You can expense currency exchange, right?

AgrippaNothing
Feb 11, 2006

gently caress Air Canada and their bullshit booking system that their phone agents can't even access.

Flex fare? *G? Soooorrieee, eh.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Never fly Air Canada transatlantic in Y on a 777. gently caress that.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Never fly Air Canada transatlantic in Y on a 777. gently caress that.

I'm doing TPAC in J soon. :ohdear:

AgrippaNothing
Feb 11, 2006

I dunno, I try to not pass judgement on airlines I dont have a ton of experience and certainly where my own ignorance of a different system is in play.

That said I'm tired of hatchet faced crones having a wry joke on me when I ask them kindly to do something that's a given to fare rules like seat assignments or free bags (right there, *G, have you ever charged a *G on a rev ticket when you are not just the carrier of most significance but you are in fact the only drat carrier?) and when I've obviously been put through an unnecessary hassle because of their dumb booking engine. And these type ticketing annoyances and bad attitudes from agents and FAs happen often.

AgrippaNothing fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Apr 4, 2015

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Maybe it's a you problem. Just a theory.

AgrippaNothing
Feb 11, 2006

Could be.

Bisty Q.
Jul 22, 2008
They probably saw your belt didn't match your shoes and are charging you a poseur tax.

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
gently caress flying from DCA to EWR. 40min flight on the carrier I never fly on a prop job in turbulent east coast air. I never get sick on planes but this one almost made me.

Apparently my travel office has never considered Amtrak as a viable form of transportation.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Higgy posted:

gently caress flying from DCA to EWR. 40min flight on the carrier I never fly on a prop job in turbulent east coast air. I never get sick on planes but this one almost made me.

Apparently my travel office has never considered Amtrak as a viable form of transportation.

Here's the secret: travel policies are formulated by people who never travel.

AgrippaNothing
Feb 11, 2006

Bisty Q. posted:

They probably saw your belt didn't match your shoes and are charging you a poseur tax.

Grumpy, definitely. Becoming a misanthropic burnout mess, sigh, I'm doing my best to not be that rear end. I'll concede a lot but never to not matching belt and footwear even on my worst day.

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe

Uncle Jam posted:

Try calling Amex and see if they'll issue you a corp card with a chip?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

FunOne posted:

Try calling Amex and see if they'll issue you a corp card with a chip?

ahahahahahahahahha

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Can anyone recommend a good, but not too expensive hotel close to Ninoy Aquino Airport in Manila, Philippines? Somewhere in the USD 100/night range, give or take.

Edit: not important anymore, we've already booked.

bolind fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Apr 6, 2015

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Xandu posted:

Has anyone used that "passport express" thing at Dulles? Seems to be exactly like global entry, except doesn't require an interview or cost anything.

Looks like it's in operation for everyone now. US citizens that is. As long as you don't have anything to declare, discuss with CBP, or aren't randomly selected - it's pretty sweet. Not nearly as fast as Global at peak times though. Just pass your receipt to the customs officer and roll out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Anybody have any experience with any if the $100 range noise canceling headphones? Don't think I can stomach paying for Bose cans. This is obviously for primarily plane travel