Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Dungeon Quest is a terrible awful game because the title makes you think it's like Dungeon Lords or Dungeon Pets but it's actually completely different.

Oh my god :vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Dungeon Quest is a terrible awful game because the title makes you think it's like Dungeon Lords or Dungeon Pets but it's actually completely different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XN9hnRnvJY

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

The in-game currency is Bison Dollars.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Toshimo posted:

I want the bison dollars

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Sloober posted:

I wish i had enough SA street cred to earn a "bad" board game AV.

I wish I had the money to waste buying a dozen people on the internet avatars so I could waste it on board games and/or X-Wang ships instead.

Toshimo posted:

I like how everything has different art except the four corner spaces. Sorry Bison, you heard the old-timey police officer, go directly to jail.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!

Mr.Trifecta posted:

They cared enough to buy me a title! Honestly, no shill at all. Trying to share a cool game with the community, I guess I missed the "must post X times to be cool with the OGs". Nonetheless, tonight will be doing a viewer game showing off Camp Grizzly. Never done full viewer interaction board game stream before.

Have you tried Discworld:Ankh Morpork? That might fit what you are looking for.

Discworld is a legit fun game, if a bit random. Worked for me and my mates as a gateway game and now we're hooked.

Gutter Owl posted:

7/10 for the guy buying people pictures of games they'd sooner eat than play. 0/10 for the sixth grader who just learned mean words at recess.

Recently found a local store that does a (trans-inclusive) "Ladies Night" on Wednesday, gone a couple times now. Nothing over the top--mostly they just give you a free soda and the reasonable expectation that you can play games with other people who haven't jizzed on an anime body pillow in the past 6 hours.

Introduced an older gal to Galaxy Trucker two weeks ago, and showed her the iPhone app. She came back this week with a hollow look in her eyes, and stories about scaring her coworkers by shouting "MOTHERFUCKER I'VE GOT GUNS ON EVERY ROW BUT THAT *EXACT* ONE YOU CHOSE" at her phone over lunch break.

I've never felt so proud as an ambassador of this hobby.

Yesss

Just wanted to chime in with how impressed I am with the Galaxy Trucker app. Played it with a bunch of friends last week across different internet connections/ phone operating systems/ pretty much time zones and it worked amazingly. Skype not so much, but shouting at each other while the voice connection (and our ships) died a painful death felt pretty authentic.

The Supreme Court fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Apr 5, 2015

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Broken Loose posted:

oh god i didn't even talk to that guy what is happening

Um, I think it's my fault, but drat BL you're getting expensive :)

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fungah! posted:

I'm legit a little disappointed that I didn't get one

ty whoever gave me one

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Fungah! posted:

ty whoever gave me one

Where's the bad game :confused:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Where's the bad game :confused:

It's...in your heart...

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

We must find out who did the boardgaming.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Fungah! posted:

It's...in your heart...

It was inside you all along.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Fungah! posted:

ty whoever gave me one

But...but....I wanted Talisman :cry:

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say

Poor Rutibex :(

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
In a cruel irony of fate, Rutibex will be gifted a Space Alert avatar.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Mediocrity: the standard of survival!
... we just had two pages discussing bad game avatars. Right then.

I've now played Argent: the Consortium twice... and I still have no idea what I'm doing. I know how to do useful things now that will get me stuff, but I don't know if that stuff will help me win or not. It's a very confusing game.

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say

Lots of actions give marks which helps, watching what your opponents are focusing on also helps. Researching spells is a great way to work toward several voters.

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.
So my copy of Mage Knight came in a few weeks ago and I've had time to sit down and play it a few times since then with some solo games. I'm sure I'm still missing a few minor rules or screwing something up as I've been correcting mistakes as I go, but I've really quite enjoyed it. I managed to beat both of the solo conquest scenarios I tried, but I probably only won the first one because I misunderstood some of the rules (notably the fact that healing units took an amount of healing equal to their level to get rid of a wound). I can't imagine ever playing this game with anyone who is AP prone; I already found myself taking a long time planning out my turns when playing alone and I'm normally pretty on top of things during a game. It might just be that I didn't come across the cards, but I was a little disappointed that there wasn't more deck crafting. I know there are variant rules for drafting some advanced actions that can be used to replace some of the standard cards in your deeds deck, but I guess I just went in with an expectation of having a little more control over shaping your deck. I was really glad I played through the first reconnaissance scenario with the dummy player, it does an excellent job of setting the games pace.

One question though regarding that that I couldn't find in the rule book. If the dummy player picks up a spell at the end of a round that would set her over 3 crystals of a specific color, do they get another crystal, or are they also limited to three crystals?

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.

The Supreme Court posted:

Just wanted to chime in with how impressed I am with the Galaxy Trucker app. Played it with a bunch of friends last week across different internet connections/ phone operating systems/ pretty much time zones and it worked amazingly. Skype not so much, but shouting at each other while the voice connection (and our ships) died a painful death felt pretty authentic.

I can't wait for the TTA app, assuming it'll be just as good, and hopefully Tash-Kalar in the future.

I'd look forward to a Mage Knight app but that seems like a pipe dream.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Good avatar protip: Post in stupid GBS threads.

As far as games go, finally got to play Takenoko that I ordered from CSI. Cute, simple, beautiful art, nice style and looks, my wife loved it. Definitely going to get played often for awhile.

I also got Fief, but the rulebook is a mess as it's poorly translated from French, and the BGG forums are confusing because there's two separate rulesets, the French and the English rules, with changes between them. That, and the devs answer things with complete off the wall answers. Like, "What happens when you use the Ambush card on a lord in a battle? Now that he is captured, can his troops continue to fight?" Because the book says you need a lord to initiate a fight, but doesn't mention if it's per round, or per fight.

Dev answer: "No, they need someone to lead them. Also, all of their troops are disbanded."

Nowhere in any book does it mention that at all, and it's a massive shift in forces to disband an entire army due to a single card you can't stop.

First game that people actively ignore dev answers, making any kind of a faq difficult to make.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

OmegaGoo posted:

... we just had two pages discussing bad game avatars. Right then.

I've now played Argent: the Consortium twice... and I still have no idea what I'm doing. I know how to do useful things now that will get me stuff, but I don't know if that stuff will help me win or not. It's a very confusing game.

From my experience so far with the base game, focus on marks, and if you don't know what to get, go for supporters and spells. Vault cards help you get only two of the voters (most treasures, most consumables), while spells let you do things with the knowledge and wisdom and help you get the most <school> voters, most research, and most diversity.

As a caveat, I don't know if this still holds true with the expansion(haven't had a chance to play with it yet, only got it a couple days ago).

By the way, does anyone have any recommendations on rules to mitigate the first player advantage? I feel like it's smaller than in most WP games, but like in Agricola or whatever the players start with slightly different stuff.

Edit: also someone buy me a real avatar tia

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Just got back from playing a megagame and holy poo poo was that amazing.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Lilli posted:

One question though regarding that that I couldn't find in the rule book. If the dummy player picks up a spell at the end of a round that would set her over 3 crystals of a specific color, do they get another crystal, or are they also limited to three crystals?

They get another one; the dummy player isn't limited to three.

I find I'm also pretty slow at Mage Knight solo, but play faster with others (still not fast, but my solo play is glacial). That's actually one of the appeals to solo games for me, I can just agonize over a move without bothering anybody, or daydream, or just do something else for a while when I'm not sure what to do.

Context
Sep 11, 2006
I'm going to be introducing a friend to Mage Knight next weekend. I got the Lost Legion expansion recently, and have only gotten to play one (solo) game with Volkare. Is it still recommended that I strip everything out and do the intro scenario with a new player? Even the cool new advanced actions and stuff? I don't have much perspective on how hard it would be to come into the expansion with no prior knowledge.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

I'd leave the new card in the starting deck, and all the updated cards/tokens. Remove the new enemies (edit: and units) for sure. I'm not sure if removing the new spells/AA/Artefacts is necessary - probably leaving them in is fine but will slow them down a bit, as they are often wordier and you have the "play as your action" cards. Your call.

rchandra fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Apr 5, 2015

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
If you are playing right, particularly with the A side mages, there is no first player advantage in Argent. Now if you ignore the sorcerers power and don't get/use aggressive spells, then you will have a first player advantage. But that's due to your play, not the game. No one wants to be first in our games, you rarely keep what you get, so there's little point in it.

Prairie Bus
Sep 22, 2006

Some Numbers posted:

Just got back from playing a megagame and holy poo poo was that amazing.

I'd love to read more if you have the time. There are none near me and they look amazing. I'm seriously thinking about trying to get time off for the next one in Chicago.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012

Lorini posted:

No one wants to be first in our games, you rarely keep what you get, so there's little point in it.

I find if there are immediate effects on the board then you DEFINITELY want to go first.
Especailly if one of those is 'Place a TemporaryMage in a room, and then lock that room.' whiich I think is the B side of the Golem Room?
Either way being the only one to draft a supporter that round is just nasty.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Lorini posted:

If you are playing right, particularly with the A side mages, there is no first player advantage in Argent. Now if you ignore the sorcerers power and don't get/use aggressive spells, then you will have a first player advantage. But that's due to your play, not the game. No one wants to be first in our games, you rarely keep what you get, so there's little point in it.

I mean, if you're going first and you'd rather not, you can just take a bell tower card and then you're basically going last with a minor benefit. In addition, you can take decent but not great slots and in later rounds, you can start out by casting spells and using items instead of placing mages and then you can respond to other people placing theirs.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Played a game of Baseball Highlights 2045. Seems pretty fun so far, although it's very tactical for a deck builder. I feel like high level play would involve a lot of card counting and memorization of your opponent's deck in order to match up the right defensive player with an offensive player in the right game of the series. Using the On Deck card to throttle your deck cycling reminds me of using the piggy banks in Puzzle Strike to manipulate your cycling.

Anyways, I think it's going to take a couple more games to wrap my head around the strategies.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I got to teach Galaxy Trucker to six people across two games tonight. It was a total blast. Everyone loved it, and they were all making up little stories about how their crew members were dealing with stuff. One guy called the cargo "Space coke, space heroin, space weed, and space....aspirin". Another kept making Event Horizon references every time an abandoned ship came up.

Best moment of the night was when a guy who rolled in with a tiny fragment of a ship won the prettiest ship bonus; the whole group was rolling at his description of the lone survivor's desperate attempts to stay sane by relentlessly waxing what little remained of his ship.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Prairie Bus posted:

I'd love to read more if you have the time. There are none near me and they look amazing. I'm seriously thinking about trying to get time off for the next one in Chicago.

I'll do a write-up after I get some sleep.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Lilli posted:

So my copy of Mage Knight came in a few weeks ago and I've had time to sit down and play it a few times since then with some solo games. I'm sure I'm still missing a few minor rules or screwing something up as I've been correcting mistakes as I go, but I've really quite enjoyed it. I managed to beat both of the solo conquest scenarios I tried, but I probably only won the first one because I misunderstood some of the rules (notably the fact that healing units took an amount of healing equal to their level to get rid of a wound). I can't imagine ever playing this game with anyone who is AP prone; I already found myself taking a long time planning out my turns when playing alone and I'm normally pretty on top of things during a game. It might just be that I didn't come across the cards, but I was a little disappointed that there wasn't more deck crafting. I know there are variant rules for drafting some advanced actions that can be used to replace some of the standard cards in your deeds deck, but I guess I just went in with an expectation of having a little more control over shaping your deck. I was really glad I played through the first reconnaissance scenario with the dummy player, it does an excellent job of setting the games pace.

3 of us played Mage Knight for approximately 6 hours on Friday. It is a massively AP-prone game and we have a massively AP-prone player. We totally murdelated Volkare though, with his 12 orcs, four dragons, four white units and the ONE grey guy he managed to recruit. We got lucky, he went last every time and we managed to recruit the things he would have rolled every time.

Mage knight is pretty short on trashing, it has to be said. There are I think three advanced actions that do it (Learning, Training and Blood of the Ancients I think they are). I think it could stand a bit more, because I kept getting clumps of movement the other day when it was really pretty useless. Maybe one of the buildings (monastery or mage tower would seem thematically appropriate) should let you trash actions from your hand during interaction at a cost of $whatever influence per action.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Ravendas posted:

I also got Fief, but the rulebook is a mess as it's poorly translated from French, and the BGG forums are confusing because there's two separate rulesets, the French and the English rules, with changes between them. That, and the devs answer things with complete off the wall answers. Like, "What happens when you use the Ambush card on a lord in a battle? Now that he is captured, can his troops continue to fight?" Because the book says you need a lord to initiate a fight, but doesn't mention if it's per round, or per fight.

Dev answer: "No, they need someone to lead them. Also, all of their troops are disbanded."

Nowhere in any book does it mention that at all, and it's a massive shift in forces to disband an entire army due to a single card you can't stop.

First game that people actively ignore dev answers, making any kind of a faq difficult to make.

We didn't have much problem with the Fief rulebook, to be honest. I'm especially surprised that people are asking that question about Ambush, because the rules section for the card (10.5) restates the rule that troops with no Lord cannot attack but can defend themselves. I'm assuming the dev interpreted the question as "can his troops continue to attack?", as that's the only ambiguity. In that event then yes, I would expect the attacking troops to disband; because they can't attack, the army has to surrender and so is disbanded as per rule 6.3.

If that seems harsh, it's meant to be - Fief is a very harsh game. If you send a big army into the field with only one leader, it's your own fault when circumstances go against you.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

thespaceinvader posted:

3 of us played Mage Knight for approximately 6 hours on Friday. It is a massively AP-prone game and we have a massively AP-prone player. We totally murdelated Volkare though, with his 12 orcs, four dragons, four white units and the ONE grey guy he managed to recruit. We got lucky, he went last every time and we managed to recruit the things he would have rolled every time.

Mage knight is pretty short on trashing, it has to be said. There are I think three advanced actions that do it (Learning, Training and Blood of the Ancients I think they are). I think it could stand a bit more, because I kept getting clumps of movement the other day when it was really pretty useless. Maybe one of the buildings (monastery or mage tower would seem thematically appropriate) should let you trash actions from your hand during interaction at a cost of $whatever influence per action.

I disagree. The problem with trashing is that does almost nothing in MK because you don't get to cycle through your deck very often (5 times max, unless Volkare is involved). Unless you get multiple trashing cards very early on the fact that you trashed a card or two won't really affect your game at all.

The trashing cards are Decompose (throw away an action to gain 2 crystals of that color), Training (throw away an action to get an advanced action), Maximal Effect (throw away an action to use it's effect three times) and Book of Wisdom (a better version of Training in artifact form). The expansion also added Ritual Attack (throw away a card to get a big attack depending on the color of the card thrown away).

You'll notice these would all be good cards even if you had to discard instead of trashing, trashing is a very minor bonus added on top.

Also in competitive, deck size plays a big role in the pace of the game. Heavy trashing would probably enable some weird rear end strategies. Imagine someone just getting an early Fame lead then standing on a monastery or whatever trashing their entire deck down to 5 cards and ending rounds immediately.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
We play co-op almost exclusively because the balance is a bit too wonky for our taste in competitive and because it means you don't have to be all seekrit skwirrely about what you want to do to avoid other players sharking your kills/units/mana colours, so there's that.

And that makes trashing a lot more valuable, as well, because you can stall a card at a time until everyone runs out - but when you want your good stuff to fight THIS monster NOW, you're a lot less likely to wind up with a hand full of March and Stamina.

I'd also put it this way. The game where I happened to get Maximal Effect and Training in hand with three basic actions at the beginning of night 1 (I think), and three advanced actions of the right colours on the stack, and the right colour of mana in the pool, I absolutely steamed ahead on points. I think I ended ~30 odd ahead of everyone else. It's like, the perfect storm of trashing in MK, but it was amazing when it happened. They don't even have to be amazing actions; just getting rid of your basic stuff and replacing it with better versions improves how things flow a lot more, because you can walk and heal, or talk and heal, or walk and fight, with the same card. It means you don't wind up with the wrong things in hand anywhere near as often. On that particular occasion, it also helped that I was getting rid of Training itself early, but after using it a lot, because Training is not an amazing card in terms of using up cards for things which aren't moving, fighting, or interacting, so it kind of sucks in later rounds.

I think trashing would have to be pretty expensive to be balanced, or would have to be limited to once per turn or even once per player per hex, but I think it would add something to the game.

It's also worth noting I think that Decompose in particular is considered to be pretty unbalanced in competitive play for precisely the reasons you describe.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Ojetor posted:

You'll notice these would all be good cards even if you had to discard instead of trashing, trashing is a very minor bonus added on top.

I wouldn't even call it a bonus, I would call it a penalty. Trashing in Mage Knight is pretty much universally bad, unlike Dominion. There aern't any dud cards like VP cards or coppers to trash in Mage Knight; all of the initial cards are useful for the entire game. There is also the fact that your deck is your timer; if you are the one setting the pace of the game than trashing cards gives you less actions per turn. I would much rather have a movement card I can play sideways for +1 than end the turn with nothing.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Rutibex posted:

I wouldn't even call it a bonus, I would call it a penalty. Trashing in Mage Knight is pretty much universally bad, unlike Dominion. There aern't any dud cards like VP cards or coppers to trash in Mage Knight; all of the initial cards are useful for the entire game. There is also the fact that your deck is your timer; if you are the one setting the pace of the game than trashing cards gives you less actions per turn. I would much rather have a movement card I can play sideways for +1 than end the turn with nothing.
In solo play, I've actually used the card trashing once or twice to get rid of a skill card that was just dead weight in my hand more often than not. Your deck is your timer, but sometimes you can do more with four good hands than five that are only decent.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Jedit posted:

We didn't have much problem with the Fief rulebook, to be honest. I'm especially surprised that people are asking that question about Ambush, because the rules section for the card (10.5) restates the rule that troops with no Lord cannot attack but can defend themselves. I'm assuming the dev interpreted the question as "can his troops continue to attack?", as that's the only ambiguity. In that event then yes, I would expect the attacking troops to disband; because they can't attack, the army has to surrender and so is disbanded as per rule 6.3.

If that seems harsh, it's meant to be - Fief is a very harsh game. If you send a big army into the field with only one leader, it's your own fault when circumstances go against you.

Except that's not how it works at all. An army that is attacked without a lord is not disbanded, a battle is carried out. You only need a lord to start a battle.

The rule is that an army cannot initiate an attack without a lord. The question was, is that for the initial battle round only, or for every round of a battle. There is no different wording for 'battle' and 'round of battle', just like all the cavalcade questions popping up because there is no differentiation between 'movement' and 'unit of movement', it's just all called 'movement'. The French version actually uses separate words to represent them, making it much more easily understood.

The game's got a poo poo translation in many spots like this.

The game has only been out for a few months, and there's already four pages of rule questions in the BGG forum, with more in their official forums. It's not people poorly reading, it's the poor, non-specific wording for so many things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Last Sunday, a good friend of mine contacted me on Skype asking if I was interested in attending a megagame that was happening less than a week later. On Friday, I received my dossier, explaining the (poorly written) rules and that I was the Chief Scientific Officer of China and that China must prevail at any cost against the imminent alien invasion. Apparently every country has known about aliens for at least 50 years, but the aliens have just recently become much more aggressive and now we actually have to do something about them.

I arrived at the site a bit late, but I found my table and started chatting with the rest of China's cabinet. We talked about our dossiers, how we thought the game would go and similar things.

The site had about three rooms. The central room had each country's table (China, USA, UK, Russia, France and Brazil) with the map of world in the center, which was where all the action happened. There was a second room for the UN meetings, a third room for the Scientific Community and a secret room for the aliens.

Control gave us an overview and we started making plans; apparently China had an agreement with Russia that we would protect the entire Asian Zone (China, Mongolia, India, Siberia, Korea, Japan and SE Asia).

Brazil's Chief Scientist came over very early and wanted to establish a close working relationship with me (China) and I acquiesced, after checking with my President.

The game progressed in 30 minute rounds (3 months) split into two 15 minute phases. The first phase has everyone meet with their peers and the second has everyone go back to their tables and work out what just went wrong.

The first scientist meeting was mostly figuring out what we were doing, who we were and how things would be progressing, because we were still trying to acquire alien stuff to start researching. We asked a lot of questions of the Science Control and agreed to talk more next round.

At the start of round 2, Brazil made a press announcement to the world saying "aliens are real." The entire world panicked and everyone's Public Opinion dropped three levels. This was super bad, because Public Opinion is how each country gets cash to allocate to all the things a country wants to do.

China got some tech and we started researching and I shared my findings with both Brazil and Russia. We decided to hold a scientific conference in round 4 and voted on papers in round 3. I got to present my paper, but Brazil won the prize.

As the rounds went on, I noticed that China's PR department was apparently working overtime, because our Public Opinion kept going up. Despite our drop because of Brazil, we were back to starting level within a couple of turns and even higher soon after that.

Around this time, I was realizing that what we were getting and researching was really just climbing up a very very long tech tree and no one piece of tech was really doing anything for us, so I decided to just research the most and be the best scientist. To the end, I had my president invest in a second lab and put as much funding as he could into making my research a success. This was possible, because China's economy was incredible, because our Public Opinion continued to increase. We were so flush with cash that we sent a bunch to Russia because they were floundering.

Round 4 or 5, my president said that Russia and the US had received a message from the aliens saying that Brazil had been infiltrated or replaced or something, bottom line, Brazil is aliens. Brazil of course staunchly denies this, but a later press release says that Brazil is trying to build some superweapon which will destroy all of us - which actually made sense to me, since Brazil had been super helpful and wanted to trade science with me. However, when our secret agents went to Brazil, they could never find any evidence of alien...ness.

The details are hazy, but I remember a press release saying that the UN had invited an alien delegate. Someone from the UN was worried about the aliens having mind control or something and China's Foreign Minister's response was, and I quote, "YOLO." The entire room cracked up.

There was another press release saying that China had investigated our own government and we'd found that we were human. The entire room started laughing and our President said "hey, I conducted an actual op and paid money for it."

Brazil got cleared of all suspicion of being aliens at some point.

We kept researching and talking about researching and exchanging tech, but we'd all realized that none of it was really helping that much, so it had become a mad dash to make sure no country was missing anything that anyone else had researched.

I found a secret alien base on the Moon and then another one on Mars and then the game ended. I tied with France for sciencing the most and got an award and pretty much every country achieved their victory conditions.

The aliens just achieved theirs even more.

At the start of the day, we didn't have a journalist due to lack of people, but the coordinator asked the map control guy to double as the news and that was the best decision all day. Our news guy was having tons of fun and the press releases made the entire game more entertaining.

Most of us had some critiques of the system, but the group is full of skilled game designers, so I'm confident that they'll come up with a tighter system for the next game that takes place here. I'm super excited.