Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

PupsOfWar posted:

is he in iowa or in new hampshire?

The Palmetto Pig BBQ in Columbia, SC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

I thought carolinians would know better than to combine All You Can Eat with bbq

that seems like something midwesterners who Know Not With What They Trifle would do

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

PupsOfWar posted:

I thought carolinians would know better than to combine All You Can Eat with bbq

that seems like something midwesterners who Know Not With What They Trifle would do

The trick is to price it so 85% of people eat less than what they paid for.

That and give lots of free drinks and bread.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Despite having otherwise no sympathy for what presidential candidates go through, I do feel greatly for their digestive tracts. I would have nonstop diarrhea at some of these campaign stops. Then again, I wonder if I would win based solely on a pants-making GBS threads constituency.

edit: con-poo poo-uency

i am the bird fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Apr 4, 2015

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

computer parts posted:

The trick is to price it so 85% of people eat less than what they paid for.

That and give lots of free drinks and bread.

You also need to worry about location. There was a fantastic BBQ place by my High School that foolishly had all you can eat on Tuesdays. Those poor fools had folded and were gone by the end of the year, having been destroyed by the unquenchable appetites of teenage athletes.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Naet posted:

Despite having otherwise no sympathy for what presidential candidates go through, I do feel greatly for their digestive tracts. I would have nonstop diarrhea at some of these campaign stops. Then again, I wonder if I would win based solely on a pants-making GBS threads constituency.

edit: con-poo poo-uency

Improper Umlaut
Jun 8, 2009

What is that from?

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

PupsOfWar posted:

is he in iowa or in new hampshire?
There's a hot sauce bottle on the table. That sure as poo poo isn't in the northeast or midwest.

PupsOfWar posted:

It's South Carolina, so it's basically a given they don't know any better.

I'm curious if Rafael was able to suppress his Texan nature long enough to not say anything demeaning about the food. Also kinda surprised he didn't visit Maurice's instead given that's closer to his natural constituency.

Alec Bald Snatch fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Apr 4, 2015

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

PupsOfWar posted:

Thats how pretty much all BBQ places are here. There is a loaf of sunbeam white bread on each table too. Anyways, BBQ in SC/NC is pulled pork which isn't that expensive to make.

Source: just had some BBQ for dinner from a buffet. I got take out though.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Lote posted:

Trolling would be Clinton filing Form 2 at 8AM of April 7 without an announcement.

No, trolling would be a press conference at that time with Hilary as a speaker only for her to introduce Chelsea's city council campaign

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Gyges posted:

You also need to worry about location. There was a fantastic BBQ place by my High School that foolishly had all you can eat on Tuesdays. Those poor fools had folded and were gone by the end of the year, having been destroyed by the unquenchable appetites of teenage athletes.

That's true, the only all you can eat place I went to in Texas was a full half hour drive out of the city.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

ChickenRiceNPeas posted:

What is that from?

Probably Eagle:

wikipedia posted:

Eagle takes place during the 2000 presidential election. Some of the characters are entirely original, such as Senator Kenneth Yamaoka (D-NY) (ケネス・ヤマオカ Kenesu Yamaoka) and the series protagonist, Japanese journalist Takashi Jo (城 鷹志 Jō Takashi). Others are fictionalized depictions of real people, such as campaign advisor George Tuck (based on Dick Tuck), Democratic Vice-President Al Nore (based on Al Gore), and the current president Bill Clayton (ビル・クライトン Biru Kuraiton, based on Bill Clinton), who hails from Arkansas, has faced multiple scandals, and has a politically ambitious wife named Ellery Clayton (エラリー・クライトン Erarī Kuraiton). Kawaguchi was reported inspired to create the manga after watching the 1992 documentary The War Room.

It's pretty interesting since it gives you an idea of what American politics looks like to the Japanese.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

is this anime about american politics as amusingly give-no-fucks w/r/t accuracy as that one anime about american football

if so it is probably cool

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

PupsOfWar posted:

is this anime about american politics as amusingly give-no-fucks w/r/t accuracy as that one anime about american football

if so it is probably cool

No, that's the one about mah-jong. It's got Winston Churchill, both Bushes, and Super-Sayian Hitler.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mudazumo_Naki_Kaikaku

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
My love of campaign Twitter images is really growing.

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

I love how they act like the candidate declaring his candidacy is this big, huge deal, when they basically already declared just by announcing the announcement.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
Hey, he could take off his mask to reveal himself to be a lizard person you just never know

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Young Orc

Joementum posted:

That picture is so bad. Why would they use that?

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
I'm such a child.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Sinestro posted:

I'm such a child.

He looks more constipated than aroused imo

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Joementum posted:

I actually lol'd at seeing this.

What a terrible forced smile too

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
:golfclap: It's the obvious joke, but necessary.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Sinestro posted:

I'm such a child.

Oh goddamnit.

:eng99: At least I know I'm in the right community.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Mo_Steel posted:

Oh goddamnit.

"Ewww, the podium's all sticky now..."

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

TARDISman posted:

"Ewww, the podium's all sticky now..."

"I've got sticktuitiveness, a passion for leadership, and military spending is a major thrust of my campaign.

Penis."

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Stop being so childish. He's not coming. The testicle microphone is.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Sinestro posted:

I'm such a child.

Don't misgender. If Rubio prefers to identify as an it we should respect its wishes.

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Mo_Steel posted:

Oh goddamnit.

Just say yours is a Sanford & Son joke.

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010
Now someone add "out".

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

:boom:

The Republicans make it so easy sometimes, like Romney's Stupid Sexy Flanders logo.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Joementum posted:

:golfclap: It's the obvious joke, but necessary.

It's no Yogi Bear which is still the best poster on the subject.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

BI notes that the offices are located next to the Tillary and Clinton intersection.

Yup, my workplace is kind of ground zero on that map. Looks like I'll be the thread's on the ground reporter for the Hillary campaign I guess.

EDIT: BREAKING NEWS Hillary Clinton aide goes to that Starbucks. No, not that one. That one.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Can we make it a rule that every republican logo has to be black, white, and red?

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

Joementum posted:

What the actual gently caress. What is this amateur hour poo poo. Is that seriously the best picture of Marco Rubio they could find to use here? Was it not worth a couple hundred bucks to hire a pro photographer so your candidate doesn't look like he's humoring an rear end in a top hat relative's bad joke at Thanksgiving?

I cannot wait for primary season. In 2012 we all thought, "There's no way this clown car can be topped. Literally cheering for death, forgetting major campaign planks on stage, 9-9-9 plans, Zombie Reagan... there's just no way."

2016 is bringing the clown TRAIN. I wonder which one of them will be the first anyone-but-Jeb.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Can we make it a rule that every republican logo has to be black, white, and red?

:hitler:

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Joementum posted:

It's like there's just zero self awareness. When you hire someone to make you a logo and they come back with the same color scheme as history's most unabashed villains you need to fire those people. At least aquafresh has some positive implications.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

JonathonSpectre posted:

What the actual gently caress. What is this amateur hour poo poo. Is that seriously the best picture of Marco Rubio they could find to use here? Was it not worth a couple hundred bucks to hire a pro photographer so your candidate doesn't look like he's humoring an rear end in a top hat relative's bad joke at Thanksgiving?

It's a good picture because his head is tilting back so his hairline doesn't look quite like the crisis it is.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeceasedHorse
Nov 11, 2005
Well that certainly is horrifying

Where we're going we don't need eyes and so forth

• Locked thread