Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Senerio posted:

I might not be able to make that. I have dinner with my family at that time. (Well, earlier, but I doubt I'll be able to make it back for 6)

e: Double checked. Yeah, I'm not getting home until 9 the earliest.

Okay well if we move it to 9, is that still okay with everyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I should still be alright for it. How long are you expecting this to take? If we have to move so many sets of cards around, it would have to take a while.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
This is happening again, I suppose. Give me your decklists and I will play them.

Slur fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Apr 5, 2015

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Momomo posted:

I should still be alright for it. How long are you expecting this to take? If we have to move so many sets of cards around, it would have to take a while.

The actual drafting process, from experience, can take anywhere from 15-30 minutes. a bit longer for us because of how we're doing it.

But if we can get everyone together before the Draft, we could do the actual drafting now and the games later. I mean.... It's Yugioh so games don't take that long to play, but we might finish at midnight. like if something goes catastrophically wrong, we might finish at 1 AM.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
The new time works for me. I would prefer to get the draft done long before the game, so we would have some time to think about how to use the deck.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Making people ragequit against Fluffals is the most hilarious thing.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

DDD Deck List

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Ojama decklist

(it's on DN because all my friends are on DN)

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I should be able to draft before the actual time (9 works for me) if it's 9 or later CST tonight or morning/afternoon tomorrow.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Skull Servant decklist

Free Headcrab
Jan 3, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
does anybody want to play on devpro? my username is josh1622

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35543277/Spaceship.ydk

Fair warning, this is absolute shite, but I have no idea how to build decks in this game any more. I'm sure it's salvagable I just don't know how.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

:siren: We now have a steam group for the draft and dueling events in generral :siren:

Be sure to join the CROW HOGAN FAN CLUB at http://steamcommunity.com/groups/fuckcrow

Onmi fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Apr 4, 2015

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Onmi posted:

:siren: We now have a steam group for the draft and dueling events in generral :siren:

Be sure to join the CROW HOGAN FAN CLUB at http://steamcommunity.com/groups/fuckcrow

Well if this is gonna be done through steam I'm gonna have to drop out then. I don't use Steam.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Senerio posted:

Well if this is gonna be done through steam I'm gonna have to drop out then. I don't use Steam.

It's not being done through steam, I just need an easy place to manage people.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Senerio posted:

Use Steam.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Okay so this DDD story is rather... insane.

So I was facing Blackwings, First turn

I got Kelper, double Fusion covenant, Ogre and Solemn, so I Summoned Kel, grabbed Hellgate, grabbed Leo, Fused to Temujin, And attacked... into Kalut.

gently caress

Enemy turn is not much better, I can't activate Solemn Warning and I realize, unfortunately "I can't use it at all." because I would only have 900 LP left, and I need 1001 to survive to summon Leo!

His field did not end in a state I liked, but lucky for me, He didn't use Master Key's effect!

Draw!

Not helpful! Now he's an idiot and tries to Compulsory Leo on the FIRST Covenant and didn't realize I could use his effect twice.

So I debate forever about what to Grab with Hellgate, and decide "Caeser" Just for 'future' proofing, but here I am tearing my hair out and going "Okay I'll fuse into D'arc"

Oh yes... Oh yes I may actually be able to pull this out... Now do I Xyz or do I try to maintain the field.

I debate hard between Flare Metal and Big Eye, but then it clicked. I can take Armor and blow up Beetle since he didn't protect it! Sure I'll die if I eat 900 damage but I can summon another D'Arc on the next turn and start healing!

And on his turn, he pulls Shura and just gives up

I think had the duel gone on, I would have lost, but that was loving amazing, heart pounding in my throat. Trying to think of a way out, well thank goodness for D'Arc being level 7

Sorry if nobody found this interesting it was just such a "... WHAT?!" mind gently caress of a short duel that I needed to share it.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Apr 4, 2015

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

It was a pretty interesting read and I'm glad you shared it.

i don't recognize that magic card you drew that wasn't really useful in your situation: what is it?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

paradoxGentleman posted:

It was a pretty interesting read and I'm glad you shared it.

i don't recognize that magic card you drew that wasn't really useful in your situation: what is it?

The fang of Critias, It's in the deck because it allows me to summon Mirror Force Dragon, and, when it's finally out, Doom Virus Dragon, both of which fit in the deck because Mirror Force is Good, and the deck can trigger Crush Card Virus easily in case of a dead draw.

In this case, I had the Fang, but no trap to trigger it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

just to be clear, the draft is 9 pm (what timezone?) today?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Endorph posted:

just to be clear, the draft is 9 pm (what timezone?) today?

9 PM EST on Sunday. Today is Saturday for americans and Sunday for me (for the past 13 minutes)

So for Americans it'll be Sunday when they play and Monday for me.

I'll be in the Steam Group all day to let people know "Hey, we'll be starting now/when everyone arrives"

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Apparently my steam account does not meet the requirement to use the Open Group Chat feature. I will be in #adtrwdraft...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Couldn't you just post an announcement to the steam group?

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Nyaa posted:

Apparently my steam account does not meet the requirement to use the Open Group Chat feature. I will be in #adtrwdraft...

You haven't bought a $5 game?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

It's looking like I won't have a stable internet connection/working internet this weekend, so I'm just going to drop out rather than waffle while waiting on any last minute fixes. If Bees can't sub in, I think RiggedDeathTrap expressed interest earlier. Sorry for the back and forth Onmi, hope things go smoothly from here on out (and maybe more of these can happen).

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ill be in another city come Sunday. So I wont be able to.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
Just wrapped up 5D's. I think it was pretty consistent with the past two series. Starts generally good, has a rough last two seasons, but sticks the landing for the ending. Season 3 is weird to me because it starts out with an overarching plot and then has long swathes of filler before unceremoniously jumping back in and out of it. I mean some, of it is good like Jack trying to get a job and some was really drawn out but at least had a good pay off like Satisfaction Town (lol), but I think it hurt the season overall. I like those sort of episodic plots like they had in GX, but I wasn't really feeling it here. When things finally pick up with the WRGP... it still kinda sucked. Between Aki immediately becoming irrelevant after her lukewarm debut, that really loving lovely Team Unicorn finish, and Team Taiyou stalling 20 turns with the silliest deck it was just a big ol' slog. The format kinda sucked too, because you're gonna have to watch at least 3 duels per match unless somebody crashes which stopped being a thing. And it was just pretty lovely that Yusei was the reason they won every match short of maybe Team Catastrophe.

I'm not gonna get into the Aporia/Z-one stuff because that was all super loving convoluted, but at least it imprinted something for Yusei to strive for in the finale, which was actually really good. The ending had a great duel, resolved the conflicts between everyone in the group, and didn't overstay its welcome. Just a shame about everything else that season. Can't wait to jump into Arc-V because I ain't touching Zexal.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Iserlohn posted:

Can't wait to jump into Arc-V because I ain't touching Zexal.

Oh come now, interdimensional alien idiot wars doesn't appeal to you at all?

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Just out of curiosity, would y'all be accepting of a draft member who still needs a bit of help getting back into YGO? Because I do like trying to get how the new archetypes work, since there's so much NEW to look at, and I figured trying to get into this community could help some? Maybe??

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

LightningKimba posted:

Just out of curiosity, would y'all be accepting of a draft member who still needs a bit of help getting back into YGO? Because I do like trying to get how the new archetypes work, since there's so much NEW to look at, and I figured trying to get into this community could help some? Maybe??

Sure, Drafting is the fun and easy format to re-aquaint yourself with the basics.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy

Slur posted:

Oh come now, interdimensional alien idiot wars doesn't appeal to you at all?

Maybe when Beef Waifu posts his synopsis I'll muster a modicum of curiosity. I don't really regret going back to finish the last season of GX or following all of the WRGP, but I have my limits.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Iserlohn posted:

Maybe when Beef Waifu posts his synopsis I'll muster a modicum of curiosity. I don't really regret going back to finish the last season of GX or following all of the WRGP, but I have my limits.

He already did post a synopsis. He's not pleased with the result.

Neither is anyone else in the thread.

Slur fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Apr 5, 2015

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

How do we submit our decks for the dueling thing? :v: I've got a few!

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

ThermoPhysical posted:

How do we submit our decks for the dueling thing? :v: I've got a few!

Post them here in the thread.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Slur posted:

Post them here in the thread.

Sweet. Let me fix up the ones I have to work with the new banlist then.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Found a goofy build I'm gonna gently caress around with for the next couple hours til I get bored. Click here for dumb poo poo.

Thanks for watching! I actually managed to summon Mirror Force Dragon so it's a successful game.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Apr 5, 2015

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I did it I bought everything I need for all my variations of this deck. Now I can go play with real cards!

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

everythingWasBees posted:

I did it I bought everything I need for all my variations of this deck. Now I can go play with real cards!

How much did that cost you, in hundreds?

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Slur posted:

How much did that cost you, in hundreds?

Less than one, and I even bought a Majesty's fiend and sleeves and a deckbox and a binder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

tAnd a whoooole lot of extras and some tokens.