Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
That picture makes it look like he's resting his arm on one of his giant strands of hair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
Where is the Super Saiyan form where they are completely hairless? Super Saiyan Zero Cool Override.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

Where is the Super Saiyan form where they are completely hairless? Super Saiyan Zero Cool Override.

That's the Anti-Saiyan form, only achieved by Krillin and Piccolo's fusion

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Kelp Plankton posted:

That's the Anti-Saiyan form, only achieved by Krillin and Piccolo's fusion

And Nappa.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Yinlock posted:

Basically Krillin always steps up when the chips are down, even if he doesn't amount to anything. 18 seems to like that.

It's why I like Krillin. The entire Namek saga he is beyond out of his league from day one. But he can't just give up. He knows there's a job that's gotta be done, and he also knows if he doesn't do it Gohan will try and there's no way he's gonna let Goku's son kick the bucket. Krillin hangs in there, hell or high water. Unfortunately for him, it's usually both.:unsmith:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
thing to consider about Revival of F: Battle of Gods was originally like 20min shorter than the version we got on release, and the cut scenes included such things as Hercule's entire screen time

wait for it to hit DVD/BD before you judge how well it handles side characters

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

LORD OF BUTT posted:

thing to consider about Revival of F: Battle of Gods was originally like 20min shorter than the version we got on release, and the cut scenes included such things as Hercule's entire screen time

wait for it to hit DVD/BD before you judge how well it handles side characters

That seems like fair advice. :unsmith:

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
What is Dragonball AF? A fan manga? It sounds ridiculous and I want to read it.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

sharktamer posted:

Yeah some fan manga that centers around Freizas mom coming back with Goku's bastard child or some poo poo?

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
I read that one but it just randomly ends before the showdown when Roshi dies in the middle of telling the story.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Gammatron 64 posted:

Android 18 is super cool and it really sucks that they didn't really do anything with her afterwards.

I really liked the battle royale in the World Tournament after every one left after Babidi. We really needed more scenes like that to give secondary characters things to do while the main characters are fighting the super villain.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
AF only ran for a little while, the artist got hired to do the Heroes tie-in Online character designs I guess?

Arsonist Daria fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Apr 4, 2015

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

sharktamer posted:

Well, AF was the often cited sequel but hoax to GT that kids who were new to the internet didn't realise was easily disproved, and apparently someone (or several people) decided to make it.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
The extra Kai Toyble (said AF artist) came up with actually reminds me of the time demon woman from Xenoverse, kind of made me hope for some pseudo-AF action. I know how silly that'd be but hey, time fuckery; you can make up any excuse.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
DBAF is generally regarded as really awful, so hunt down at your own risk, kids.

FatSamurai
Jul 7, 2004

Seethe, ye rolling clouds, gather thy stormborn might, and SMITE MINE ENEMY WITH THY UNFETTERED FURY!!!

Ekusukariba posted:

Posting this because I dig Android 16's design

You got Fist of the North Star all over my Dragonball here

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Szmitten posted:

Well, AF was the often cited sequel but hoax to GT that kids who were new to the internet didn't realise was easily disproved, and apparently someone (or several people) decided to make it.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there are actually several
DBAFs made by different artists in different countries over the years.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Mordaedil posted:

DBAF is generally regarded as really awful, so hunt down at your own risk, kids.

I am pretty sure I know at least half a dozen different synopsis for AF.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The one I have seen as the most Original Character do not steal villain ever.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

CharlestheHammer posted:

The one I have seen as the most Original Character do not steal villain ever.

Is it Goku with horns? Because I laughed my rear end off at that one.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Covok posted:

Is it Goku with horns? Because I laughed my rear end off at that one.

Yes, and his base form could take on two SS4 Saiyans without any issue.

I didn't read far into it , but it the most fanficky of fanficts.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Is it a myth or did the picture of SS5 Goku come from an April Fools joke by Toriyama and this is why it's known as Dragonball AF (April Fools)?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I thought Toyble's AF was actually not bad, largely because he's a good artist.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

FatSamurai posted:

You got Fist of the North Star all over my Dragonball here

If it were Fist of the North Star, #16 would vary in size every scene from 8 feet tall to 30 feet tall.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I thought Toyble's AF was actually not bad, largely because he's a good artist.

I remember some person finding the exact pages in the manga he was tracing over.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Stairmaster posted:

I remember some person finding the exact pages in the manga he was tracing over.

Huh, didn't realize that, but I guess it's whatever if it was just some silly fan thing.

Wonder if he kept tracing for DBO.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I read the plot synopsis for the new flick.

Actually liked it better than the baseless speculation, what the hell. I'm glad it went that route honestly, I think having that big of a power jump would have broken the setting a bit.

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.

projecthalaxy posted:

People were talking about Dragon Ball AF, that fan comic that had people going SSj5 and 6, and that was some years ago. I figured they had made Goku an SSj9 by now.
It died off pretty fast because the author got hired by Shueisha to work on real Dragon Ball stuff. He's actually the dude who's making the official Revival of F manga: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2015/02/17/first-look-at-toyotaros-revival-of-f-manga-adaptation/

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Parrotine posted:

I read the plot synopsis for the new flick.

Actually liked it better than the baseless speculation, what the hell. I'm glad it went that route honestly, I think having that big of a power jump would have broken the setting a bit.

There are so many problems with how that fight goes it's not even funny and it makes other things irrelevant.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Let's wait until we actually see the movie before making GBS threads all over it.

(feel free to poo poo all over it AFTER you see it though, just give it a chance)

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
Oh no, a discussion of DBZ content in a DBZ thread! Everybody stop having opinions and start quoting lines again!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
"Kamehameha"

-DBZ

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
"It is a sign of creeping inner death when we can no longer praise the living."

- Budokai Announcer

Re: movie, of course I'm going to see it, but you can't put a moratorium on people having opinions on it based of the synopsis. Theoretically you could ban people from discussing it, but they'll still have opinions, so why stop them from sharing them? I see no harm in it as long as plot details are kept in spoiler tags.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

On the other hand I don't have to take someone's opinion of a summary of an unreleased movie very seriously.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You don't.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I think the new movie still sounds cool. Even if there are things to dislike about it, when has that NOT been the case? There are certain things I don't like about DBZ but I like it as a whole. And there will probably be more movies in the future.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Honestly the only thing I can think about that really angers me about the new movie is that it didn't end like this.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Blaze Dragon posted:

Honestly the only thing I can think about that really angers me about the new movie is that it didn't end like this.

It would've if Gotenks was there. He loves that move.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

There are so many problems with how that fight goes it's not even funny and it makes other things irrelevant.

This sounds just like the BoG fight rants, and that movie was pretty ok!

I stand by it :c00lbutt:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The fight in BotG DID suck though. It's just it's such a small part of the movie that it doesn't matter much.

• Locked thread