Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Macaluso posted:

I legit think Captain Toad would be an interesting fighter, besides having NO idea how they would handle him jumping. He's not supposed to be able to jump, but you need to have the ability to in this game.

I love the idea of Capt Toad being a heavyweight because of his backpack
His jump functions normally, but it's one of the little flying platforms you had to blow on the gamepad to raise instead of the Captain actually jumping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Macaluso posted:

No one is braver than captain toad you mother fucker
He's talking about Doki Doki Panic, you dork.

e: dorki dorki panic

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Rorus Raz posted:

His jump functions normally, but it's one of the little flying platforms you had to blow on the gamepad to raise instead of the Captain actually jumping.

Oh my god :swoon:

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
I made a gfycat. Thanks for watching.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
Mario's perception of Toad within his subconscious =/= Peach's servant, Toad =/= Captain Toad, Treasure Tracker

Jellymouth
Jul 9, 2009
Fun Shoe
I cast my vote.

Its my sixth vote.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

Macaluso posted:

I legit think Captain Toad would be an interesting fighter, besides having NO idea how they would handle him jumping. He's not supposed to be able to jump, but you need to have the ability to in this game.

I love the idea of Capt Toad being a heavyweight because of his backpack

I'm seriously torn between the good Captain and Geno. For jumping, I think one of those blue platforms that you blow on could just appear under him and hoist him up.

Edit: hell, beaten. I'll use this space to say that Toadette as an alt character or recolor would rule.

Bean fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Apr 5, 2015

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

qnqnx posted:

he is right, and Kid Icarus as a whole is made of suck and fail

You apparently exist solely to make worthless shitposts in this thread

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

qnqnx posted:

he is right, and Kid Icarus as a whole is made of suck and fail

You have gone too far. This won't do.

Mandy Thompson
Dec 26, 2014

by zen death robot
I voted for Bayonetta because she is amazing

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Toad doesn't even sound like a word anymore because of the last page.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Ruggington posted:

Snake is going to have codecs for them when he is put in the game after this ballot

Look at you placing your bets on the wrong Konami rep.
When they finally release Bomberman's trailer I'll have a whole book worth of awful explosion puns to rub in your face before said puns get me banned from the site.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Well, expect these characters to get botted close to the top of the polls.

quote:

Alright, /v/. I've been running a strawpoll ever since the Nintendo Direct and it has a good couple of thousand votes now. It's time to cut it down to the top 10 to see who the most popular character is (from /v/ and /vg/ at least) for the Smash Ballot. I'll let it run for a few days and then after that we'll have irrefutable scientific evidence for who /v/'s favorite character is for the Smash Ballot.

Ladies and Gentleman, I give you your Top 10 most voted for characters:

>1) Wonder Red
>2) Solid Snake
>3) King K. Rool
>4) Krystal
>5) Isaac
>6) Bayonetta
>7) Simon Belmont
>8) Inkling
>9) Shovel Knight
>10) Shantae

And yes, Krystal really did come in 4th.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
No Bandana Dee. poo poo list.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

five 3rd party characters and not a single zelda character. okay.

Wonder Red would be cool though

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

Well, expect these characters to get botted close to the top of the polls.

I still find it amusing that 2 characters who are best known for summoning giant hands are on the top 5 to get into a game where the final boss(es) are exactly that.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i'm 101% behind wonder red getting in, after wolf

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

five 3rd party characters and not a single zelda character. okay.

That people want Simon Belmont/Snake/Third Party rear end in a top hat X more than a third/fourth banana (Tingle, Impa) surprises you?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

TheKingofSprings posted:

That people want Simon Belmont/Snake/Third Party rear end in a top hat X more than a third/fourth banana (Tingle, Impa) surprises you?

Tetra and Midna own though

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Since it seems diplomacy is failing in every Smash DLC discussion, I'll assume that Wonder Red's victory is guaranteed.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

Tetra and Midna own though

One's an assist trophy already and another's literally Zelda #3.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

TheKingofSprings posted:

One's an assist trophy already and another's literally Zelda #3.

uhm Tetra is a pirate, i don't see what she has to do with some princess? i highly doubt they are the same person. their skin tone isn't even similar.

all assist trophies should be turned into full fighters, also. let little mac light the way to a playable dr. kawashima

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Dixie Kong would piss a lot of people right the gently caress off but she's my personal choice.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

The obvious choice is Thomas, from Kung-Fu

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

all assist trophies should be turned into full fighters, also. let little mac light the way to a playable dr. kawashima

You're not wrong but they'll never do it

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

mind the walrus posted:

Dixie Kong would piss a lot of people right the gently caress off but she's my personal choice.

Who would be mad about Dixie? She seems like she'd be a natural front-runner, as a major playable character from one of Nintendo's biggest series that hasn't had a new fighter in Smash 4 yet.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

no one in this thread has mentioned non-specific action figure. shame on all of you

Mourning Due
Oct 11, 2004

*~ missin u ~*
:canada:
Still quite new to this version of smash, and as a DK main from the old days I have to ask:

Is there anything he actually does well?

Wind-up punch is barely even a threat now.

His recovery for whatever reason was made even worse than brawl with that ridiculous pose at the end of a perfectly landed DK copter.

Cargo throws are now totally useless.

Oh well, I guess at least his back air and up air are decent.

One question I have after getting my rear end kicked up and down for two hours in online: what am I supposed to do when coming to the ground? Seems like he has insane landing lag on everything, and they've definitely changed something with the landing abilities of the air dodge. In brawl this was my usual go-to, but somehow I seem to far more vulnerable using this tactic in smash 4. Doesn't help that it's basically muscle memory at this point and I keep doing it out of habit!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Mike Tyson because we need more Punch-Out! characters

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

What's this character vote business?

I vote for Zero.

gently caress Waluigi.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Supercar Gautier posted:

Who would be mad about Dixie? She seems like she'd be a natural front-runner, as a major playable character from one of Nintendo's biggest series that hasn't had a new fighter in Smash 4 yet.

"Too similar to Diddy"

"Not from DK64 are you loving kidding me? Lanky is way more popular."

"Doesn't even have any attacks to use from her games other than the ponytail"

"No one even likes her and the only game she's been in for 20 years is as a supporting character"

"Gender tokenism man, gender tokenism."

Now most of these are insane and/or easily refutable, but you can expect all of these and more.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Mourning Due posted:

Still quite new to this version of smash, and as a DK main from the old days I have to ask...

I don't play DK but from my experience, DK seems to focus on breaking shields and staying on the ground. His tilts also come out fast and have ridiculously long range and a lot of his grabs are good set ups for follow-up attacks, especially his down throw.

I'd try just try to constantly pressure your opponent by keeping your distance with tilts and abusing how well DK can just utterly destroy shields when you force them to play defensively.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Supercar Gautier posted:

diddy poisoned the well

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

mind the walrus posted:

"Too similar to Diddy"

"Not from DK64 are you loving kidding me? Lanky is way more popular."

"Doesn't even have any attacks to use from her games other than the ponytail"

"No one even likes her and the only game she's been in for 20 years is as a supporting character"

"Gender tokenism man, gender tokenism."

Now most of these are insane and/or easily refutable, but you can expect all of these and more.

I dunno if Lanky's more popular, but he's certainly BETTER. :colbert:

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
I suppose if they wanted to make Dixie more unique she could make use of all the DK animal buddies. SideB for a Rambi Rumble?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Mourning Due posted:

Still quite new to this version of smash, and as a DK main from the old days I have to ask:

Wind-up punch is barely even a threat now.

His recovery for whatever reason was made even worse than brawl with that ridiculous pose at the end of a perfectly landed DK copter.

Cargo throws are now totally useless.

Oh well, I guess at least his back air and up air are decent.

One question I have after getting my rear end kicked up and down for two hours in online: what am I supposed to do when coming to the ground? Seems like he has insane landing lag on everything, and they've definitely changed something with the landing abilities of the air dodge. In brawl this was my usual go-to, but somehow I seem to far more vulnerable using this tactic in smash 4. Doesn't help that it's basically muscle memory at this point and I keep doing it out of habit!

Don't land on the stage, grab the ledge. This solves your problem with his up b too.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Andrew_1985 posted:

I suppose if they wanted to make Dixie more unique she could make use of all the DK animal buddies. SideB for a Rambi Rumble?

In a perfect world.... :allears:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Mourning Due posted:

Not really, no

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
I've voted for Wonder Red and only Wonder Red.

Edit: Also who gives a gently caress if you're third party character doesn't match Megaman, Pacman, whatever as long as you think they could be fun vote for them and gently caress this "Do they deserve it" bullshit.

GenericMartini fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Apr 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Countblanc posted:

Not really, no

He's good at making tornados

• Locked thread