Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
This is round 4. There are some potential gems but at this stage I think you are looking for guys who can compete for starting gigs and have upside despite limitations. Guys who might work as rotationals for situations. My feeling is the Green Bay Packers might look for some depth at certain positions or who can help guys like Raji or Matthews and Rodgers. I don't think you're necessarily going to find a sure thing. Like if you have an aging running back and missed out on the good ones take a look at someone who can come in third down or someone who can give a different look with speed vs power. Like, how do you want to build your team?

In my case I've been offense minded more than defense. Coleman or Dorsett were the key guys I wanted in round 3 and would have helped immensely. One is a potential 3 down back who is seemingly a threat for the offense or conversely a guy like Dorsett opposite Bowe and Parker I think would open the field up vertically while the others may do so mid range. I'm taking a chance on Conley given his combine results but with that leaping ability and speed I think there is potential to do a lot of things and in the red zone too.

And yes I also took character into consideration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

I'm in this thing for the long haul fuckers so put on your big boy pants and get it done

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Rasczak posted:

I'm in this thing for the long haul fuckers so put on your big boy pants and get it done

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
There are still a lot of (potentially) good players available. I've still got nine CBs, six WRs, four Edge, four RBs, two DL, a TE and a Safety on my board that I'd consider 2nd-5th rounders.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Coldforge posted:

There are still a lot of (potentially) good players available. I've still got nine CBs, six WRs, four Edge, four RBs, two DL, a TE and a Safety on my board that I'd consider 2nd-5th rounders.

I don't even have a board, dang.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
My "board" ended by about pick 10 :(

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Gatts posted:

This is round 4. There are some potential gems but at this stage I think you are looking for guys who can compete for starting gigs and have upside despite limitations. Guys who might work as rotationals for situations. My feeling is the Green Bay Packers might look for some depth at certain positions or who can help guys like Raji or Matthews and Rodgers. I don't think you're necessarily going to find a sure thing. Like if you have an aging running back and missed out on the good ones take a look at someone who can come in third down or someone who can give a different look with speed vs power. Like, how do you want to build your team?

In my case I've been offense minded more than defense. Coleman or Dorsett were the key guys I wanted in round 3 and would have helped immensely. One is a potential 3 down back who is seemingly a threat for the offense or conversely a guy like Dorsett opposite Bowe and Parker I think would open the field up vertically while the others may do so mid range. I'm taking a chance on Conley given his combine results but with that leaping ability and speed I think there is potential to do a lot of things and in the red zone too.

And yes I also took character into consideration.

Character is why I avoided a few picks that I would have otherwise made. I also thought about injuries in college, like that TE that ripped both of his arms apart in the span of a year. I went defense the first two rounds and grabbed what I think was a decent prospect TE in the 3rd but drat, I guess I just don't know where to go from here except more depth on defense. God knows we need it.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Shath Hole posted:

My board went well into the 3rd round but everyone I wanted was gone :(

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Coldforge posted:

Uh can you please give me advice for this next round on a certain position Im looking for?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Shath Hole posted:

Dude, are you loving this UP!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
if the titans don't trade back i would be pretty happy with the selections i have made so far

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Chilichimp posted:

Dude, are you loving this UP!

Dimitroff'd!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
DRAAAAFFFFTTTT! So close....so close to round 4 picks.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Apr 6, 2015

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
I've had my pick ready for like three days.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

warcrimes posted:

I've had my pick ready for like three days.

I'm torturing myself over my picks vs needs and poo poo. I got 3 guys I want and I know they're gonna go this round. Round 5 is hopefully where that dude is still gonna be.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Serious draft nerds ITT.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Serious draft nerds ITT.

c

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Yeah I've got a pick planned too. Come on dammit

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I more or less look at draft sites (public ones, I use CBS sports the most) and look at the rankings of specific positions I need to fill. I'll read the strengths / weaknesses of a player just to see if it would jive with the Seahawks. It's hardly scientific but this is all for fun so it's not like I can ruin the Seahawks.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I'm amazed we're getting as far as we have

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Ya'll are gonna be super salty when I pick the guy you're hoping falls to you.

In fact, I happen to be a Pats fan, and would be happy to offer my services for the current pick if sean10mm is MIA for another day. That way, I can take both of the guys you were hoping would fall to you (one for the Pats, then one for the Jags).

I would intend to just take BPA for both.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I "happen to be" a Pats fan.

No. You ARE a Pats fan, you "happen to be" a piece of human garbage.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

I "happen to be" a Pats fan.

No. You ARE a Pats fan, you "happen to be" a piece of human garbage.

“Hence to fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.” - Bill Belichick

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Forever_Peace posted:

In fact, I happen to be a Pats fan, and would be happy to offer my services for the current pick if sean10mm is MIA for another day. That way, I can take both of the guys you were hoping would fall to you (one for the Pats, then one for the Jags).

I would intend to just take BPA for both.

I'm out, go hog wild.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

sean10mm posted:

I'm out, go hog wild.

Any objections or other folks who want to step in? I am already drafting for the Jags, but would have no problem taking the Pats for these last few rounds to just keep things moving along.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Didn't want to hold things up forever so I just made the pick. Sean10mm picked up some solid WRs, an RB, and an OG already, so I'll start working on defense. There's a pretty good chance Mario JR gets taken a good round ahead of this, so I'll take that value all day. Warcimes is on the clock.

Again, just holler if you'd rather I not be drafting for two teams for these last couple of rounds.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I picked, you're back up, Forever_Peace, you hippie

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

OK I lied. The BPA was probably a tackle, but I already took a tackle in the 2nd and if I'm honest, Dante Fowler is probably going to be a bust anyways, so I took another edge guy. Dude has stomp and verve and will probably be the best hi-five buddy that Gus Bradley has ever had the honor of bro-ing around with.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Hahaha I was gonna pick Mauldin. Man why do my picks get drafted so close to when it is my turn.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Because this.

Forever_Peace posted:

Edit: take the tackle.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

drat, I was foolishly hoping Mauldin would fall to me.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

How the hell was Smith still available? He's probably a 2-3 round guy at worst.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

zimbomonkey posted:

drat, I was totally going to snatch him up in like 5 picks even though I already took a T. Excellent value.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

zimbomonkey posted:

From April 1st:

Coldforge posted:

Some Texans fan needs to take Donovan Smith, OT, Penn State.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I liked Tre' Jackson's pure power more for the Raider's scheme, but I think Smith will make a solid guard and would have picked him if Jackson was gone.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

korrandark posted:

Players Drafted

Quarterback
Jameis Winston
Marcus Mariota
Brett Hundley
Bryce Petty

Runningback
Todd Gurley
Melvin Gordon
Ameer Abdullah
Tevin Coleman
Jay Ajayi
Duke Johnson
TJ Yeldon

Wide Receiver
Kevin White
Amari Cooper
Dorial Green-Beckham
Jaelen Strong
Sammie Coates
Davante Parker
Phillip Dorsett
Nelson Agholor
Tyler Lockett
Breshard Perriman
Devin Funchess
Devin Smith
Chris Conley
Rashad Greene
Jamison Crowder
Tony Lippett

Tight End
Maxx Williams
Clive Walford
Tyler Kroft

Offensive Tackle
Brandon Schreff
La'El Collins
T.J. Clemmings
D.J Humphries
Jake Fisher
Andrus Peat
Ereck Flowers
Rob Havenstein
Cedric Ogbuehi
Josue Matias
Ty Sambrailo
Donovan Smith

Offensive Guard
A.J. Cann
Laken Tomlinson
Tre Jackson
Arie Kouandjio
Ali Marpet
John Miller
Daryl Williams

Offensive Center
Cameron Fleming
Reese Dismukes
Hroniss Grasu

Defensive End
Leonard Williams
Dante Fowler Jr.
Vic Beasley
Randy Gregory
Bud Dupree
Owamagbe Odighizuwa
Nate Orchard
Preston Smith
Trey Flowers
Danielle Hunter
Marcus Hardison
Lorenzo Mauldin

Defensive Tackle
Danny Shelton
Malcolm Brown
Eddie Goldman
Jordan Phillips
Arik Armstead
Carl Davis
Michael Bennett
Grady Jarrett
Henry Anderson
Xavier Cooper
Mario Edwards Jr.

Outside Linebacker
Shane Ray
Eli Harold
Hau'oli Kikaha
Markus Golden
Max Valles

Inside Linebacker
Stephone Anthony
Shaq Thompson
Eric Kendricks
Denzel Perryman
Paul Dawson
Benardrick McKinney
Ramik Wilson

Cornerback
Trae Waynes
Marcus Peters
Kevin Johnson
Jalen Collins
P.J. Williams
Ronald Darby
Eric Rowe
Quinten Rollins
Byron Jones
Ifo Ekpre-Olomu
Doran Grant
Alex Carter

Safeties
Landon Collins
Anthony Harris
Damarious Randall
Gerod Holliman
Jaquiski Tartt

I made this to keep track of everyone who has been drafted.

Up to date.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

warcrimes posted:

I liked Tre' Jackson's pure power more for the Raider's scheme, but I think Smith will make a solid guard and would have picked him if Jackson was gone.

He's got too nice a kick step to waste as a guard :(

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Yeah I drafted him as a tackle.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

zimbomonkey posted:

Yeah I drafted him as a tackle.