Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Kiryen posted:

There were 3 guys doing it. One of the Domi's got a Code Red, one of them was Mr. "But I still have them all!" and he got sympathy reps from a Nid in the midst of being commissared. The third guy must have had the TFI; I don't know what happened to him.

:shobon: bombs

madjack posted:

miniluv better make the interbus skin compulsory :colbert:

I'm working on it :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Not that I disbelieve that this happened, but why would anyone fit and fire smartbombs for a domifleet if they weren't trying for deliberate sabotage? Were they trying to pad their killboards with blues or something?

I really don't understand the ins-and-outs of mainfleet bullshit.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

CommonShore posted:

Not that I disbelieve that this happened, but why would anyone fit and fire smartbombs for a domifleet if they weren't trying for deliberate sabotage? Were they trying to pad their killboards with blues or something?

Pretty sure they're now part of the doctrine.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Maneck posted:

Pretty sure they're now part of the doctrine.

For firewalling?

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

CommonShore posted:

Domifleet fitting now has a thermal or kinetic smart bomb as standard. It also has a list of poo poo for you to keep in your cargo hold as long as your arm, some of which isn't for sale in 4-ep, or anywhere remotely close :argh:.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
It is probably so that dummies will bomb their own fleet and earn a :commissar:, thus giving the fleet something to do.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Maneck posted:

It is probably so that dummies will bomb their own fleet and earn a :commissar:, thus giving the fleet something to do.

So then what would motivate a dummy to smartbomb his own fleet? "oh not all of my modules are running! better press buttan or the FC will be mad"?

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.

CommonShore posted:

So then what would motivate a dummy to smartbomb his own fleet? "oh not all of my modules are running! better press buttan or the FC will be mad"?

They need their portion of attention.
But they get portion of horseshit in their stupid face.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

rocket_Magnet posted:

Domifleet fitting now has a thermal or kinetic smart bomb as standard. It also has a list of poo poo for you to keep in your cargo hold as long as your arm, some of which isn't for sale in 4-ep, or anywhere remotely close :argh:.

Look at this scrub who's never flown a carrier in capswarm. 4 of each active hardener, a full rack of neuts, cyno with enough fuel for 2 cycles, about a billion isk in drones and misc fighters, a full set of shield hardeners, faction smartbombs... It adds up to the point you spend about 2 billion for the hull, and then another 2.5 for the poo poo you carry with you everywhere.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

orange juche posted:

Look at this scrub who's never flown a carrier in capswarm. 4 of each active hardener, a full rack of neuts, cyno with enough fuel for 2 cycles, about a billion isk in drones and misc fighters, a full set of shield hardeners, faction smartbombs... It adds up to the point you spend about 2 billion for the hull, and then another 2.5 for the poo poo you carry with you everywhere.

Why do you need both shield and armor hardeners for the same carrier?

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Kiryen posted:

If you're primary you want all the EHP you possibly can. Some crazy people like me actually carry extra rigs so if we get primaried we can refit for more EHP.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Kiryen posted:

Basically what he said but yeah even an Archon has ~100000 raw shield HP, if you get targeted, anything you can do to make that shield HP thicker is good for your survival. You can't do too much due to the slot layout, but if you know what kind of damage is about to be incoming you can almost double your shield HP, and that's before any hits get to your armor.

E: this is one of the reasons I don't fly a carrier anymore actually, capswarm reimbursement will cover the hull cost of your lost capital by replacing it directly with a T2 fit cap if it was lost on a coalition op. It doesn't cover the minutiae that go into your ships cargo hold, so that 2.something billion in poo poo that you carry per the capswarm recommendation has to come out of your pocket, less any reimbursement you got from the 50% insurance payout.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Apr 5, 2015

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

orange juche posted:

Oh no I have flown an archon before, and still have a full fit boot in dek, but it comes with the territory with capships. I was just surprised when I actually bothered to check what main fleet domi fit was now. I finally found the :effort: to move an old sentry domi from fd- to 4-ep and found that instead of 2 neuts and 3 DLA II's in the high slots, MWD, ODTL 2 NC, in the mids plus other poo poo I can't remember.
We now have several different fits for the domi, when it used to be you couldn't trust the average member to remember to bring cap charges let alone multiple fits

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

rocket_Magnet posted:

Oh no I have flown an archon before, and still have a full fit boot in dek, but it comes with the territory with capships. I was just surprised when I actually bothered to check what main fleet domi fit was now. I finally found the :effort: to move an old sentry domi from fd- to 4-ep and found that instead of 2 neuts and 3 DLA II's in the high slots, MWD, ODTL 2 NC, in the mids plus other poo poo I can't remember.
We now have several different fits for the domi, when it used to be you couldn't trust the average member to remember to bring cap charges let alone multiple fits

To be honest you still can't trust them to bring cap charges or the proper fit. You just have to hope most people did.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster
In a lesson I should have learned the first time I tried this, I really don't have the time or inclination to run a Wormhole Corp. On the plus side, I should net around 50b from ships and modules and such; that's going to be fun to haul out to Highsec.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Narciss posted:

In a lesson I should have learned the first time I tried this, I really don't have the time or inclination to run a Wormhole Corp. On the plus side, I should net around 50b from ships and modules and such; that's going to be fun to haul out to Highsec.

so is it now Garr Khan Did Nothing Wrong [262b]?

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.

Narciss posted:

Ironically enough, the effort to steal everything not already bolted down is also fairly significant. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014

MorsAnima posted:

Ironically enough, the effort to steal everything not already bolted down is also fairly significant. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I'd prefer to just trash it all as lazy as I am.

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

First kill since rejoining the waffe...

https://zkillboard.com/kill/45769521/

Edit: gently caress you iOS autocorrect, it's 'waffe'!

WhoNeedsAName fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Apr 5, 2015

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.

WhoNeedsAName posted:

First kill since rejoining the waffle...

https://zkillboard.com/kill/45769521/

45:1. About standard engagement rules in Fountain :smugbert:

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

rocket_Magnet posted:

I fly a NAPOC and avoid all the confusion.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster
Ok so the remnants of my Wormhole corp have set up a temporary channel and a Resistance force. I may need to hire Holesquad to guard me while I evac.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Narciss posted:

Ok so the remnants of my Wormhole corp have set up a temporary channel and a Resistance force. I may need to hire Holesquad to guard me while I evac.

With all the isk you stole you could probably hire PL, BL, Mind Games and Repercussus.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
It didn't even take me 12 hours to get the PL spy to out himself on reddit. :shepface:

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Biomass yourself (in game).

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

It didn't even take me 12 hours to get the PL spy to out himself on reddit. :shepface:

No less than 11 spies now, right?

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010

I sense drama. Link please.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

MorsAnima posted:

I sense drama. Link please.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/31h25d/bl_confirmed_dirty_ddosers/

Basically, a guy who tells people to kill themselves gets offended when someone tells him to kill himself, and burns himself as a PL informant/spy/whatever.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Arstechnica posted:

Many of the gameplay style precedents set by EVE Online that make that game such an antisocial nightmare are leaking into Elite, too. Like a dorky imitation of gang turf wars, loosely bound "player alliances" have set up shop in some of the game’s core systems like Lave and Leesti, beefing with other player groups over territory and also often pirating unknowing traders who fly through the systems in "open" gameplay.

One of EVE’s most well-known player alliances, SomethingAwful.com’s Goonswarm, have claimed the Jotunheim system in Elite, setting up their headquarters in a station named, awesomely enough, "Big Harry’s Monkey Hangout." In EVE, the Goons are famous (or infamous) for pulling off complex game-breaking stunts with precision orchestration; so far in Elite they’ve organized a number of incongruously peaceful and fun activities, including a bumper cars-style "brawl" and a giant giveaway of palladium that looked suspiciously like the 1989 Gotham City Parade.
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/04/review-elite-dangerous-is-the-best-drat-spaceship-game-ive-ever-played/2/

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://zkillboard.com/related/30003691/201504051700/

This battle report is titled "Skiffs are OP :qq:, or, Holy poo poo are MOA terrible or what?"

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010

http://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/31h25d/bl_confirmed_dirty_ddosers/

Basically, a guy who tells people to kill themselves gets offended when someone tells him to kill himself, and burns himself as a PL informant/spy/whatever.

What a difficult choice to make. Stay in BL, probably the 2nd shittiest alliance after Brave, or send something pretty useless and in-no-way incriminating to PL and join Sniggwaffe. :shrug:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

MorsAnima posted:

What a difficult choice to make. Stay in BL, probably the 2nd shittiest alliance after Brave, or send something pretty useless and in-no-way incriminating to PL and join Sniggwaffe. :shrug:

BL seems to be having their annual implosion earlier than usual this year.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MorsAnima posted:

And then in a few months, watch some bitter Waffle quit SWIGG and go join BL. It's the circle of life.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Narciss posted:

Holesquad please "help him evac".

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010

Unfunny Poster posted:

And then in a few months, watch some bitter Waffle quit SWIGG and go join BL. It's the circle of life.

It's Eve's very own version of "the grass is greener on the other side" except the other side is literally a marsh of boggy poo poo.

Viva Miriya posted:

Holesquad please "help him evac".

There's no honor amongst thieves.

edit - Unfunny Poster: you're PL right? Please convince whoever cares about sov in whatever passes for leadership in PL to let us keep YHN-3K. I don't even think we want it, but I do think it's loving hilarious. I asked Noobman the same thing, but he's been suspiciously quiet :(

MorsAnima fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Apr 5, 2015

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

orange juche posted:

https://zkillboard.com/related/30003691/201504051700/

This battle report is titled "Skiffs are OP :qq:, or, Holy poo poo are MOA terrible or what?"

I am so confused but this is very funny. :lol: What is the fitting on the skiffs?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

MorsAnima posted:

Well, let's not imply that there wasn't pretty sensitive information being leaked.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

blarzgh posted:

Arstechnica posted:

Many of the gameplay style precedents set by EVE Online that make that game such an antisocial nightmare are leaking into Elite, too. Like a dorky imitation of gang turf wars, loosely bound "player alliances" have set up shop in some of the game’s core systems like Lave and Leesti, beefing with other player groups over territory and also often pirating unknowing traders who fly through the systems in "open" gameplay.

One of EVE’s most well-known player alliances, SomethingAwful.com’s Goonswarm, have claimed the Jotunheim system in Elite, setting up their headquarters in a station named, awesomely enough, "Big Harry’s Monkey Hangout." In EVE, the Goons are famous (or infamous) for pulling off complex game-breaking stunts with precision orchestration; so far in Elite they’ve organized a number of incongruously peaceful and fun activities, including a bumper cars-style "brawl" and a giant giveaway of palladium that looked suspiciously like the 1989 Gotham City Parade.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/04/review-elite-dangerous-is-the-best-drat-spaceship-game-ive-ever-played/2/

Yeah, we can't have any of that teamwork going on! Shits up the whole game, I tell you!

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
There is no honor among thieves, but killmails are an acceptable currency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sterling_Archer
May 10, 2012

"What do you mean we're not in compliance?"

Narciss posted:

For some t3s and the like we(hs) could easily be motivated to do this.

• Locked thread