Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Flipswitch posted:

What the gently caress did Riot do to the meta

they made it good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Luna Was Here posted:

they made it good
yeah no joke, this is what pushing lee sin/elise out of the meta does to the game!!

I still can't get over that people are picking Naut support. I kinda like it, I think he has a decent kit for it.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Tales of Woe posted:

i always assumed it was pronounced Shacko because otherwise the Nutcracko skin name doesn't work

i have a bunch of nutkrakers tho??

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

The overlay for the series is a bit ahead of the stream... annoying.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I can't believe there are casters who don't know how to correctly pronounce the names of champions when there are official Riot videos that name them phonetically, but I'm not surprised that it's Quickshot. Even better he's just decided to say it a different way each time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9m48jiVWL4

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

When Phreak does it though all bets are off because that guy is a muppet.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

Flipswitch posted:

When Phreak does it though all bets are off because that guy is a muppet.

Phreak specifically says "Needle-Ee" because her spear is like a needle.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
Shaco is a hard "A", just like the hat http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shako

I hate that Unicorns are currently ahead with Shaco, on moral grounds.

Cheshire Puss
Sep 14, 2007

Only the insane equate pain with success.
Gambit just can't catch a break. Amusing.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
UoL, going off the hook. Plus Shaco, lol.

mushi
Oct 13, 2003
I am addicted to video games.
This series is awesome and horrible all at once.

I love seeing UOL bring back the loving cheese styling to the playoffs that got them into the LCS. I hate seeing Gambit throw the poo poo out of the game, Diamond and Edward remind me of playing like they did with old M5 where they'd be caught somewhere stupid but somehow they knew their team would win the teamfight, but this time instead they're just getting poo poo-stomped by Hylissang catching them out and more coordinated teams in this era knowing how to respond to those skirmishes.

It sucks we don't get to see UOL cheese during regular LCS because of the format.

mushi fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Apr 5, 2015

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Hahaha, the Baron hook.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
I'm glad the shaco build I did 2 years ago right after the hydra introduction is still in vogue

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

This series reminds me why I even liked UOL in the first place. Seriously regular season UOL is so boring compared to this.

Cheshire Puss
Sep 14, 2007

Only the insane equate pain with success.
Wrecked. Wow.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
I remember when Gambit was basically the best team in the world. :smith:

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

diamond mvp

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together
There's something super satisfying about a pro game being carried by a support.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
Gonna lose a whole lotta games with "split push" shaco on my team real soon.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Just in time for the real match of the day. Gonna be rooting for Cop and his leather jackets coming up.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Zwingley posted:

In retrospect the fact that the Taipai Assassins took the Season 2 Championship from Gambit is the most :smith: thing in League history.

Also the fact that Shaco will now be a 100% winrate champion in LCS play for Season 5 is a travesty. :colbert:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Zwingley posted:

"hey guys ive never picked Urgot before but i am going to lock it in" - Gambit

Badfinger posted:

Gonna lose a whole lotta games with "split push" shaco on my team real soon.

thanks to UoL we were stuck with awful jungle TFs so awful split push Shaco is a lot better probably

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I think it's time for you to let go of those Season 2 memories.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Why do I feel like Gravity/TiP cannot live up to that series.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Calax posted:

http://puu.sh/gYjYi/13a540a3d2.gif

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

Hair Elf

Hypocrisy posted:

I think it's time for you to let go of those Season 2 memories.

They're all I have, okay? :smith:

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

UoL feel like the spiritual successors to Season 2 Gambit, chaotic fighting, innovative picks.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I really want to say Hylissang was series MVP for those sick bindings/hooks, but Kikis caused a team to have to spend a ban on loving Udyr the deciding game of a bo5.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Kikis is my favorite jungler based on the shaco pick alone.

e: Ok, based on all of his picks....

VVVV SKT Tom showed the way imo. He really made Udyr seem shockingly viable.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
I think Kikis deserves it - they were both amazing, but Kikis did it on Udyr and Shaco. Doing it on Morgana and Thresh doesn't seem as impressive by comparison.

mushi
Oct 13, 2003

Zwingley posted:

they were pretty much never the best team in the world. Close, definitely one of the best in the world, but the closest they came was S2 as M5 and they got handled by the champs and likely would have lost to frost. I guess that breakout tournament they had was probably the best poo poo where Diamondprox redefined jungling with Shyvana, I think it was IEM 4 or something? Kiev. That was pretty much mindblowing to everyone in both pro and casual play - powerfarming the jungle with mundo and shyvana basically caused Riot to have to start one of many lovely jungle reworks.

but also it definitely helps to dissociate this iteration of Gambit with the old roster. It's basically not the same team and not the same style of gameplay at all. They're way more vanilla with their picks and strategy these days, but probably because everyone else caught up with them in terms of teamfighting and learned how to exploit Darien and Genja's dumb poo poo.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

UoL feel like the spiritual successors to Season 2 Gambit, chaotic fighting, innovative picks.
Too bad the team isn't as consistent as M5 at that moment
That being said I'm really glad UOL exists and is in the LCS because there's always a good chance they'll pull something interesting, and their games are usually fun to watch.
Fnatic vs UOL in the finals, please.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Can we get Monte to review these like he did the CLG ones? He'll say everyone's dumb but it'd be funny.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

:drat: Alex Ich

mushi
Oct 13, 2003
holy loving poo poo that alex ich russian mafia shirt is priceless

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Calax posted:

TIP and Gravity should be fun. They should have some silly kill fests with sloppy play and weird picks.

mushi
Oct 13, 2003
my guess is TiP in 3 or 4. They just had a higher quality of play towards the end of the split based on results and the few games I watched.

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness
Alex looks like a singer from some 80s band

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

I have no doubt it'll be fun, but will it be Shaco fun?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

Hair Elf
Maybe I should have said "arguably the best team in the world." I do actually think they would have beat Frost in a Bo5, but TPA was better at the time. Regardless, though, we're years too late to actually discuss it. Just let me live in my rose-tinted past, okay?

I am glad to see Alex on the desk, though!

• Locked thread