Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Joementum posted:

The scampaign continues! You can now buy a subscription to Mike Huckabee's video podcast for $7.95 per month or $59.40 a year.

Will it cure my diabetes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

MaxxBot posted:

Will it cure my diabetes?

only prayer can cure your diabetus, friend

prayer and these secret mystical pills I secured from an ancient medicine man in far Cathay

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

Joementum posted:

The scampaign continues! You can now buy a subscription to Mike Huckabee's video podcast for $7.95 per month or $59.40 a year.

This really brings home just how far I am in every category from Huckabee's fans because I wouldn't watch a Huckabee video for $7.95 in pay, and the idea of paying to watch him well-aw-shucks-root-toot-them-there-smarties makes me feel like I ate a bad shrimp.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

skaboomizzy posted:

Eight years ago that might've been something marginally healthful, or at least edible. This cycle it would be Pastor Huck's Godly Gravy (with extra lard).

Mmmm, tastes like hypocrisy...

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Omi-Polari posted:

Hmm... where have I seen flame logos in other political parties? Oh wait.

or you know

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

OctoberBlues posted:

Mmmm, tastes like hypocrisy...

:golfclap: gosh that looks tasty. Interesting that they've all got God complexes, Ted Cruz thinks he's a divine messenger too.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
god in his infinite sense of humor tells a dozen devout people they will be president and watches as his greatest gift, free will, allows them to tear each other down to rubble

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

mooyashi posted:

god in his infinite sense of humor tells a dozen devout people they will be president and watches as his greatest gift, free will, allows them to tear each other down to rubble

Give it a decade and the primaries will devolve into the Hunger Games.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
i want to see Ted Cruz pouring blood from Reagan's skull into someone's mouth and pulling their wallet out through their pants

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Predictably, every single second of the Rand Paul 2016 pre-(?)announcement video is hilarious.

There's a red outline of Rand on a black background with a white tie (please let this be the campaign logo), there's positive quote from Jon Stewart, Chris Matthews, Michael Steele, and Newt Gingrich (who I'm guessing will not appear in any other candidate videos), and there's the idea of the Detroit Free Enterprise Zone and all the other Randian nonsense. Definitely worth a watch.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

American politics becomes a GRRM-esque dystopia where the president is ritually sacrificed and fed to a flight of eagles if unemployment climbs above 7%

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

PupsOfWar posted:

American politics becomes a GRRM-esque dystopia where the president is ritually sacrificed and fed to a flight of eagles if unemployment climbs above 7%

President Obama has a son in every government around the world.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I can't decide whether he's going with Anti-christ or Anonymous Christ here.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Joementum posted:

Predictably, every single second of the Rand Paul 2016 pre-(?)announcement video is hilarious.

There's a red outline of Rand on a black background with a white tie (please let this be the campaign logo), there's positive quote from Jon Stewart, Chris Matthews, Michael Steele, and Newt Gingrich (who I'm guessing will not appear in any other candidate videos), and there's the idea of the Detroit Free Enterprise Zone and all the other Randian nonsense. Definitely worth a watch.

Conservative
Action
Starts
Here

#wow #whoa

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Malloreon posted:

How long will her wikipedia page continue to read "She has frequently been ranked as one of the worst tech CEOs of all time.[4][5][6][7]."

You can't just go after Carly for running HP into the ground. She's done a lot more than that in her career.

she also ran Lucent into the ground

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Joementum posted:

Rand Paul considers that tie a part of his identity; he is the tie, and the tie is he.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

ewe2 posted:

I can't decide whether he's going with Anti-christ or Anonymous Christ here.

I'm getting a Mad Men vibe from this. Which I suppose is only appropriate, given Rand's policies.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
I am no good with computer

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Bobby Digital posted:

What did you change :v:

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Sir Tonk posted:

For $20/mo Huckabee will play bass in your band!

edit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFmLbkVciSQ

Woohoo!

Wow she's so completely unlikable.

On that subject, when is Trump's tv contract thing up? Please be for real this time you wiggy bastard.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Bobby Digital posted:

I didn't even have to ask this time :kimchi:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
YouTube version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efHGNzG3KJg

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Haha. The title for this one should be "elided subtext"

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
This is the image Drudge decided to use.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Looks kinda like a DDees. Just needs a few Isreali flags and Agenda 21 stamps.

edit

Anyway, Drudge is also linking to the FT article under his Rand spot.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/8559c84e-d896-11e4-ba53-00144feab7de.html#axzz3WUF5YQuE

This whole dynasty thing is really getting old. I mean, it's the wife of a former President one one side and the third from the same family in another. The Bush one could be considered as such, but saying the same for Clinton is a bit of a stretch.

It's also a really dumb way to critique them as candidates.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Apr 6, 2015

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Rand Paul is announcing his new seat on the board of directors for Coca-Cola?

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Paul the Randian

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Sir Tonk posted:

edit

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/8559c84e-d896-11e4-ba53-00144feab7de.html#axzz3WUF5YQuE

This whole dynasty thing is really getting old. I mean, it's the wife of a former President one one side and the third from the same family in another. The Bush one could be considered as such, but saying the same for Clinton is a bit of a stretch.

I think they're hammering it because literally nothing else has had ANY effect on Hillary, while to listen to idiots I know, it has SOME effect on Hillary's situation. They got nothing. They have shot every bullet possible at her for the last twenty-four years. Twenty-four years!

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
The Clinton's aren't a dynasty. The Bush's are. Hopefully the left will be able to push back on that false equivalency.

On Rand Paul, he's polling at 9% in the Fox News poll released today amongst Republican primary voters (Walker leads with 15%, Jeb's in second at 12%, Carson's at 11%, Cruz and Huckabee are both at 10%, and Rubio's at 8% to round out the relevant candidates), which puts him right in the mix, but he's not going to win Iowa, he's not going to with South Carolina, he's not going to win Florida. That means he has to win New Hampshire. But Jeb also has to win New Hampshire, as it's exceedingly unlikely he's going to win Iowa or South Carolina either. Jeb's gonna spend big money to make sure he heads to Florida with a primary win under his belt, and it's tough for me to see how Paul counteracts a guy with more support and way more money.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
1. With Huckabee running a scampaign, I think Paul has a shot at splitting a crowded field in Iowa and getting a narrow victory.

2. I also consider Paul a dynastic candidate.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
Really hoping Iowa can go for a Hat Trick on picking a candidate that doesn't go on the the GE

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I wholeheartedly support Carly Fiorina running for president along with any and all other idiot joke candidates that don't understand what they are getting themselves into. Once the Republican primaries hit the point where things stop being so cordial and the fangs come out I think they are and will be better entertainment than the general election.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
Since 1976 Iowa has managed to pick the Republican candidate, when not running unopposed, that wound up in the general election a whopping 3 out of 7 times. Good job, Iowa!

Stunning Honky fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Apr 6, 2015

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

Joementum posted:

1. With Huckabee running a scampaign, I think Paul has a shot at splitting a crowded field in Iowa and getting a narrow victory.

It will be interesting to see where Carson's and Huckabee's supporters go if both men drop out relatively early, as they're pulling about 1/5th of Republican primary voters despite not being serious candidates.

Way too early predictions on primary winners: Walker wins Iowa, Bush narrowly wins New Hampshire, Ted Cruz wins South Carolina, and Bush wins Florida.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Sir Tonk posted:

edit

That line extending down from the Clintons is so drat disingenuous.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Cigar Aficionado posted:

The Clinton's aren't a dynasty. The Bush's are. Hopefully the left will be able to push back on that false equivalency.
It's the same people who pushed the whole "Gush/Bore, not a dimes worth of difference between them" narrative back in 2000.

At least if someone start yammering about the Clinton "dynasty" you can take that as a signal to ignore anything else they might have to say and move on.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Poor Rand only has 205 YouTube subscribers

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

site posted:

He's catchin' on, I tell ya!

vvv: :pwn:

FMguru fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Apr 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

site posted:

Sweet, we can even use the same snide catchphrases for him as we did for his dad back in 2008.

He's catchin' on, I tell ya!

• Locked thread