Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
How Ingratiating!
Sep 7, 2011

Infinite ammo vs. CYBER PUNCH!!

Carbon dioxide posted:

How does Mr. Saturn speech work in the original Japanese?

They talk weird. They make funny noises. And it looks like this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

How Ingratiating! posted:

They talk weird. They make funny noises. And it looks like this:

Wow, that's certainly a font all right. Suddenly the swirly letters make a lot of sense.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
Mr. Saturn's Japanese font was based on Itoi's daughter's handwriting. I'm not entirely sure the English font conveys the same idea.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Cheez posted:

Mr. Saturn's Japanese font was based on Itoi's daughter's handwriting. I'm not entirely sure the English font conveys the same idea.

It certainly looks childish and strange, so I'd say it conveys it fairly well.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

Mega64 posted:

pre:
* The Frightbot accidentally told a cute, funny story.

:allears: This game makes me smile

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
That's... that's a very Pigmask way to take over a town.

Also the Good Kid's Shirt is probably for good kids from the perspective of whatever Pigmask factory cranked it out. Good kids frighten everyone!

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
Or is it a "good" kid's shirt rather than a "good kid's" shirt?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I like to think it's ironically called the Good Kid's Shirt.

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
Great LP of a fantastic game.

I always hesitated to play this, since I'm such a huge fan of EarthBound and I wasn't sure a sequel could live up to it. After reading the LP up to the "Holes to Heights" update I realized how great this game is, and played through it over the course of about a week. I regret not playing this earlier.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

So last time we arrived in Saturn Valley and beat up some most fearsome robots to free the Mr. Saturns. Also we recruited some moron.

The Mr. Saturns are grateful as always.

The Pigmasks were asking about the Needle's location... Do you really not know where it is?

Does that mean they've met one of the Magypsies?

"That way" means that way. I can tell by their eyes. ...North! They're saying to go toward the volcano to the north.

We have our next objective, then.

We can also get a map from this fellow.

It's... not that useful.

...but have you forgotten me? It's me, the Rope Snake. I apologize for the trouble I caused before. No, I'm not depressed. I'm not. Really. I'm not depressed. Until the day comes when I can be useful again... I'll... I'll... I'll devote myself to being patient!

Keep putting on that brave face, you beautiful failure, you.

While wandering around, Lucas picks up Shield Omega, which simply casts Shield on your entire party, which is incredibly useful.

Let's do a bit of shopping before we explore the town proper.

First one is an item shop that sells various foods. The big thing is the Cup of Lifenoodles, which fully restores a person's HP, including from KO, and heals all status effects. It's the best healing item in the game, and thus is understandably expensive. There's also the Lucky Rice, which recovers HP depending on the consumer's luck stat, and the Lotto Meal, which is random in what can happen.

The other shop has some really nice weapon and armor upgrades. Funny Stick and Sevolg are both fine weapon upgrades for Lucas and Kumatora respectively (Duster still prefers his pair of kicks from Chapter 5), while the Leo Bracelet is nice for the humans, and the Ribbon/Bandana are nice for Kumatora/Duster (Boney can also wear the ribbon but his current head gear is better).

The big thing are the elemental pendants, which are worn on the body. All the men (including Boney) can wear them, and they halve their respective damage. That said, I only get a Flame Pendant for Duster since the other two characters are fine right now, but Flame Pendants are obviously going to be very useful for the next dungeon considering we're going into a volcano and all.

Anyway, let's chat up every single drat local using the time-consuming idiot way I thought up to cover these guys.

There's more Mr. Saturns lurking around the caves.

Mr. Saturns also like to form ladders for reasons.

Each Mr. Saturn in the ladder has a different thing to say, too.

Also girl.

Free Lifenoodles is very handy.

There's a hot spring to heal up at, of course.

And so we're at a dead end. Now to advance the plot.

Looks like we're gonna get some help in scaling this wall.

Hmmm... Just a few more...

So Duster decides to climb the Mr. Saturn anyway, each saying something as Duster steps on them.

And so we climbed a pile of Mr. Saturns so we could enter a volcano.

And now I'm happy because that's the last I'll have to transcribe any Mr. Saturn dialogue this update.

The next screen up has the location of the next Magypsy, as well as another mole cricket.

We may be tiny, but we're still living beings. We eke out our lives as mole crickets. And actually, we've started to branch out into the business world. With franchises opening up everywhere, we're now at the forefront of business evolution. We have all sorts of wonderful goods that we found lying in the... I mean, stocked up on. I could let you have some of them, if you'd like.

It's mostly items to restore status effects and Sincerity Dumplings. Considering we have two characters with Healing PSI and item space is put to much better use on HP/PP restoring items and powerful battle items, these don't really cut it.

If you run into any of my fellow mole crickets out there, give them my regards. *twinkle*

We can't get past here for now because of the boulder, so we might as well stop by and visit our Magypsy friend.

This is Phrygia, who's currently too busy snoozing to pay us any mind.

Fortunately, she paid enough mind beforehand to write us a letter. So let's give it a read.

Welcome. I am Phrygia, the sleeping Magypsy. I assume I'll be fast asleep when you arrive, so I'm leaving this letter here for you. I'm a little more serious and detail-oriented than the other Magypsies. Hello again, Lucas. Ionia told me you would be coming here. The Dark Dragon Needle you're about to pull is in a lake of lava up ahead. I don't mind if you pull it while I'm asleep... It will mean "the time" has come, and I will disappear in my sleep. There is a boulder blocking the path to the volcano. You should give it some Encouraging Words. Well, good luck. Smoochie smoochie.

Now we can take care of that pesky boulder by cheering it up.

*mumble* *murmur*...

Leave it to Lucas to cheer that old boulder right up!

Next up is a mini-puzzle.

There are two Horizontiboulder and a Vertiboulder. Take a guess what they do.

Obviously they won't move if you're blocking their path.

It's very easy to brute force and this doesn't come up again so you kinda wonder what the point is other than another excuse to talk to boulders.

Next screen is where we start meeting some new enemies.

Looks like there's a new breed of Titany that can fly now. They hit decently strong and apparently can use Hypnosis but otherwise are not that impressive. They're a bit weak to Freeze, and of course with Duster back we can exploit stuff like Wall Staples and the Siren Beetle to our hearts' content.

Next up is Mrs. Lava.

Yeah, you probably want to exercise caution fighting her, as she has no problems using Fire Gamma on you, potentially setting party members on fire in the process. You can see with Duster's damage how the Fire Pendant comes in handy for this area.

She's obviously weak to Freeze, so make use of that for sure. This one attack almost took out her entire HP pool.

There's some dangerous enemies about, but this is actually pretty easy as far as dungeons go. It's only two whole screens long, both of which are pretty linear, and there's a place you can heal up on the way. Most of the enemies hitting hard isn't a big deal considering all this.

Along the way, two pigmasks end up talking to each other because pigmasks do that.

Hey, you hear about Mr. Fassad? Apparently, he's undergone a HUGE makeover to change his image.
Yeah, I heard about that! Apparently, he's made some pretty hardcore changes to himself sound-wise. Sounds like we better find that Needle fast before he starts yelling at us even louder than before. And this time, he's got horns, no less.

Then we get into a trivial fight with these guys again so it's not worth talking about it.

Next up is the inside of the volcano, the second screen of the two-screen dungeon, and there's some more enemies within.

Pyreflies are pretty weak, both HP-wise as it barely hits 300, and attack-wise since, while it can breathe fire on the entire party, it does negligible damage.

But it can summon more flies, and dealing with several of them can be troublesome, so no need to play around with them.

Both guides I'm using say this guy's no threat.

It can attack twice for less damage combined than one of Sky Titany's attacks, and of course it can make you feel strange, which the only scary thing that can happen is party members succumbing to Kumatora's ravenous appetite for sweets.

Offense Up Omega affects the entire party, as you probably expect. And as you also probably expect, this is pretty useful and cuts down on a lot of pre-battle buff time.

Finally, there's Magman.

It can be pretty nasty, though he doesn't deal as much as Mrs. Lava. He makes up for it by having higher HP and being able to summon Pyreflies, so you don't want to treat him lightly either.

There's a couple side-rooms to this area with loot. The western room has a Magic Butterfly that respawns every time you reenter the room, so you can easily heal your party with PSI and then restore PP to full. Pretty handy, as you may expect.

These are always nice.

At any rate, it doesn't take long to find the next Needle.

And no Masked Man in sight, either! We should have this in the-

Fassad's back, and he's undergone a few changes since last time.

Also, he made a friend.

"Because of you, I feel more beautiful, newer, and more wonderful than ever before, but I will not thank you." is what Fassad just said.

"...Threw me off Blunder Tower?" I'm sorry, I don't understand...Ah. "...off Thunder Tower."

He goes on to say, "The resulting shame, pain, and woe are humiliating. VERY humiliating. Therefore, I would very much like to return the favor in full."

To be fair, though, Fassad kinda threw himself off Blunder Tower.

quote:

Ya big doof.

"I do not believe I will ever lose to the likes of you again... Nwehehehehe!" is what Fassad says. "Now let us begin, kind sirs. I will show a mature, grownup terribleness. And that terribleness is a very mature and grownup terribleness."

Fassad's back, and he's even angrier and more bitter than before. You can expect a tough fight.

You can also expect me to do the same thing as with every big battle, though with Duster back to help with the debuffs and Lucas now being able to cast Offense Up, Defense Up, and Shield on all four characters in one round each, it doesn't take nearly as long anymore.

New Fassad starts with a shield up and has no problem reapplying it, so make sure Boney still has the Shield Snatcher (not that it should ever leave his inventory to begin with).

New Fassad's biggest thing is that he can take two actions a turn, which is good because otherwise this fight would be a joke. He can shoot several beams out, for instance, though I believe Shield will reduce the damage from these.

He can also render Duster a dirty fleabag.

New Fassad also has no problem using his own knock-off version of PK Flash, potentially rendering multiple party members in tears.

Duster and Boney stay on the offense for the most part, while Lucas and Kumatora stay on healing HP and status effects, with the occasional physical attack from Lucas or PK Thunder Beta from Kumatora.

When he does this, you better be ready.

This does massive damage to the entire party, though it takes two turns to go through. Thus a reminder to keep holding onto those healing items and make sure you give most of them to Duster and Boney since they don't have PSI to heal themselves and we still don't have multi-target healing yet.

Once he's low on HP, New Fassad will start scarfing down his favorite food, restoring a bit chunk of HP. Shouldn't be too hard to knock him back down though.

Keep wailing on him and you should win just fine.

And of course he has a 100% chance drop of a Luxury Banana.

Fassad also says, "I will humbly make you pay for this." And he says it with intense emotion. I believe it is an anger-filled emotion.

And with that, the Needle is ours.

So let's do this.

The usual lightshow and special effects occur. We've seen three needles pulled already, you know what happens.

And another needle means another new PSI technique. This costs a whopping 35PP, but it also deals 450-480 damage, which is rather insane.

Looks like Phrygia woke up before her time has ended after all.

I saw the Needle get pulled. That leaves 3 more left. Unlike the other Magypsies, I'm very detail-oriented. I'll tell you about the Needles and then disappear. One Needle is on Tanetane Island, south of Tazmily. I believe Mixolydia is protecting it. Another Needle is in Chupichuyoi Temple, deep in the Oriander Mountains. I believe Ionia is protecting it. I think you already know this, of course, but it's said that the heart of whoever pulls the Needles is passed on to the Dark Dragon... Instill the power of power, the darkness of darkness, and the light of light into your spirit. Let me peer into your eyes.

I wrote down everything I just told you in this secret notebook. Take it with you.

That'd be handy if I didn't pay $30 for a custom guide.

The Needle said to be sticking out of the Dark Dragon's head... I can't seem to locate it at all. Nor Locria, who's supposed to protect that particular Needle... I'm so picky about details, yet I have no idea where they are... Having to disappear without finding out... It's a little bit sad.

Locria was mentioned before way back in Chapter 1 as being the only one of the Magypsies to not appear at Aeolia's party.

A razor and lipstick... Please take good care of them, okay?

You know, I haven't actually used any of these yet. Hell, I don't think I've had anyone get KOed this entire chapter so far. That may change later on, of course.

You can expect to see more of me in your dreams from now on. *giggle* Goodbye!

So now we're 2-2 against the Masked Man as far as the Needles are concerned. Next time, we'll make our way back to Tazmily so we can get the edge on him!

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Apr 12, 2015

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Fun fact: If you have skipped any needles and went straight to Phrygia, she would have told you the locations of the needles near the Chimera Lab and Snowcap Mountain. She'll also not mention Tanetane if you went there first.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

That's good to know. I figured that, but good to have confirmation.

I wonder if Duster has any unique dialogue for the Chimera Lab if you recruit him before going there.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

As far as I know he doesn't, but he will wear one of the Pigmasks during the time you're there.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I love this part when you hear "Fassad's got horns now" and he shows up with... well, they are horns!

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
I love the Interpreter.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Bifauxnen posted:

I love this part when you hear "Fassad's got horns now" and he shows up with... well, they are horns!

This. I figured he'd have some kind of oni look going on. Instead we get rocket powered nose horns. :D

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Huh. Did Fassad's previous theme contain the same leitmotif?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Xander77 posted:

Huh. Did Fassad's previous theme contain the same leitmotif?

Nope.

He also didn't have a theme before.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Despite how time consuming it must be, I really appreciate how you've handled Mr. Saturns' dialogue. Thanks!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yes, thank you for being a faithful Saturn scribe.

Also, I kind of like that what we're doing is racing to the same places of power or notable motifs that we were exclusively collecting in the previous Mother games.

Variant_Eris
Nov 2, 2014

Exhibition C: Colgate white smile

curiousCat posted:

I love the Interpreter.

Woah there Lone Star, let's not go all Rick Deckard on us, okay?

Also, think about all the horrible dental work Fassad has now.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Only vaguely related, but Lucas is gonna be the next DLC character for Smash 4 and will get his own Amiibo down the line, so that's nice.

e: And just noticed my thread hit gold, thanks everyone!

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Apr 2, 2015

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
I'm not sure if it'll be any easier, but there's a character that could be used instead of a heart image if you're so inclined: ♥, U+2665 BLACK HEART SUIT.

You can paste it into a post from this post or a character map program of some sort, or use the following escape sequence (though I added a space between the & and # to break up the escape sequence; remove the space to have it render as the actual character).

& #9829;

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Ahahahaha just made a bunch of avatars (23 of them) for the first time in months and forgot the new size was 150x150 instead of 100x100 so they're all smaller than the previous avatars I made. :negative:

gently caress it I don't want to redo all of them so here are the ones I made and anyone who wants a 150x150 version can just request it and I'll do it no problem.

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Apr 4, 2015

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Mega64 posted:

Only vaguely related, but Lucas is gonna be the next DLC character for Smash 4 and will get his own Amiibo down the line, so that's nice.
I was surprised by that, since you can outfit Ness with Lucas's moves in Smash 4. I'm not complaining about more Mother representation though.

Also I like that the Mother 3-related plot spoiler in Lucas's character trailer was done more tastefully than the numerous spoilers in Brawl. If you haven't played through this game, you wouldn't even know it was a spoiler.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Why even mention that

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

curiousCat posted:

Why even mention that
If you know what I'm talking about, then it makes the video cooler. If you don't know what I'm talking about, then no harm no foul.

If mega64 says it's not kosher for the purposes of this thread then I'll edit it out, but I can't imagine why it wouldn't be.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I don't remember the part from the trailer, so whatever. Let's not bring it up anymore though just to be safe.

I'll probably go ahead and try to get the next update up in an hour since it's a short one and I'm already halfway done on it.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

This update should be pretty short, as we just need to get back to Saturn Valley so we can get back to Tazmily and get those other needles. But first, a few highlights on the trip back.

Here's a married chunk of lava making out with a dog.

And here's PK Love Gamma. The damage is crazy high, but so is the PP cost. Plus it's less PP for Shields. So alright for random battles near lots of healing, but probably not worth it for bosses where Lucas's attacks will more than suffice.

Also, Kumatora picks up Offense Down Omega, which lowers all enemies' offense. The multi-target debuffs aren't as useful since you generally only use them on bosses anyway, which are usually single-target, plus you also have Duster to debuff. For random battles, might as well use Freeze or Fire to take them out more quickly.

We're back, and there's new dialogue to enjoy. Enjoy!

Since we've been gone, the Mr. Saturns built two ladders, one for the cliff we had to scale earlier, and another that goes nowhere because of course it does.

This is my favorite Mr. Saturn.

And this is my favorite ladder of Mr. Saturns.

After leaving the cave and getting back to the village center, we see a Pigmask blow up the way out just from spite. So we're stuck living with the Mr. Saturns forever. Hooray.

Does this mean we can't leave the village?! Let's ask the Mr. Saturns if there's any other way to get outside.

Or maybe the Mr. Saturns will help us find a way back home.

Now let's talk to the Elder Mr. Saturn or whatever they are called in Mr. Saturn culture about finding a way out.

Oh. Is there any other way to leave besides that tunnel?

We're gonna fly using birds...?

Yes, we're going to fly using birds. And the Mr. Saturn will try and help us catch birds!

On the other hand, we should probably try to catch one ourselves.

Fortunately, it's as easy as running up to one of the birds that hang out in front of the Saturn Valley exit and pressing A. And then telling the prompt you want to catch the bird that you can't complete the game without catching.

Anyway, we caught the one and only bird we needed to catch. Let's go back to the Mr. Saturn in charge.

Nothing to do but wait in the hot spring, then.

Now there's a Mr. Saturn in there with us.

In the original Earthbound, there are two instances where Ness and his friends are offered coffee, with the first one also involving Mr. Saturns. It serves as a nice break and retrospective on what our party had accomplished so far, and to keep their spirit and steel their resolve for the challenges ahead. It was a great touch that they do this by offering kids what's considered a drink for adults, showing the characters are maturing through their adventure. It's a really nice moment backended with some excellent music.

So please grab some coffee and enjoy.

:siren: :siren:

quote:

No one is simply born "strong".

People only grow stronger little by little, by encountering difficult situations and learning not to run from them, no matter how frightening or daunting they may be.

Lucas. That is exactly what you have done to grow strong.

However, you did not do it for yourself.

You grew strong for those you would otherwise be unable to help. They are the reason you are strong.

Even now, you occasionally show a glimpse of it, Lucas. Fleeting images of that once-pampered, crybaby boy can sometimes be seen in your smile.

You've come a very long way.

There's no telling what to expect from here on out, but if one thing is certain, it's that those who believe in you will be right there to help.

Trust in them.

Now go forth, toward whatever stands out the most in your eyes.

Go, facing not the darkness, but the light.

Lucas...
And his companions...

You have driven the enemy into a corner.
The enemy's back is to the wall.

There is nothing to fear now.

Everyone is watching on, with complete faith in you. In their hearts, they all say, "Thank you!"

Can you hear them?

The Mother series has always been about unlikely heroes, and Lucas is definitely the unlikeliest of them all. Ninten and Ness may be kids, but from the start they're brave go-getters who don't hesitate to do the right thing. Lucas, of course, is much more timid and who you'd least expect to be a hero, especially compared to someone like Claus. But it's also that nature that has made him strong and leaves him as the only hope the Nowhere Islands has to not fall into chaos at the mercy of a bunch of men dressed like pigs led by a guy who talks with nose horns.

The series goes into how much Ninten and Ness "change", but Lucas definitely does so in a more remarkable and relatable way since he starts off so meek and timid, and that's before watching his mother die, his brother vanish, and his father fall into a deep depression. Now, thanks to the help of a gimp thief, a tomboy psychic princess, and his pet dog, Lucas is now saving a town that doesn't even know it needs saving.

That, and his psychic powers are pretty drat scary. Seriously, 500 damage to all foes is nothing to sneeze at, holy crap.

Anyway, after a nice soak, another Mr. Saturn pays us a visit.

We end up giving the Mr. Saturn the Courage Badge that Flint left for us because how could we not want it more sparkly?

Also, now we can get out of here.

The Mr. Saturn in the hot spring will still offer us coffee. If we refuse...

And if we talk to the Mr. Saturn with our Courage Badge again...

Anyway, we're done here forever. Let's leave.

So we just hold onto this rope, then?

You guys really think that cheap rope'll last all the way to Tazmily with you hanging on it?!

I may've dislocated my jaw that last time...but I still got plenty left in me!

This is it. This is Rope Snake's chance to redeem himself after letting us down the last time.

However, he's a screw-up so no way.

Ever since what happened, I've... I've been toughening up my jaw by crunching walnut shells day after day after day! Yeah, and I ate the stuff inside the shells too, of course. Now I'm practically like a walnut-cracking jaw with a snake attached! It's really super strong! Please, let me try just one more time!

That's impressive. No.

There's just no getting through to you, huh? I'm no longer the snake I was up until yesterday. If I had to compare myself to something, I'd say I'm like a cornered lion. I'm a snake, but also a lion! A snakelion! No, I'm more like a roulette wheel! Make a bet!

Nah, roulette's not my game.

...I guess that roulette wheel comparison wasn't so hot. But, if anything, I'm a pair of dice! Roll me with all your might, using the power of your souls! My jaw's the bomb!

Rely on the probability you won't fail again and kill us? No thanks.

Come on! I'm being serious here! I... I don't wanna wind up being a big, fat worm instead of a snake. C'mon, you gotta understand how I feel! Let me be all the snake I can be. Please! I'm begging you!

*sniff*...

That's what I'm talkin' about! I knew I could expect great things from you! Lucas! This looks to be a manly journey through the skies.

I think Mr. Saturn sums this whole experience up best:

And so our heroes find themselves once again soaring the skies while clinging to a rope snake.

And to his credit, Rope Snake hangs in there.

He lives up to his words, enduring the pain for the sake of the world.

CURSE YOU ROPE SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
Mr. Saturn continues to be awesome. :allears:
Rope Snake continues to suck.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Looks like Lucas and Boney are modeling for some sunblock

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I still believe in the Rope Snake.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

RIP Snake, may angels guide thee to Outer Heaven.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Damnit, Rope Snake. I hate snakes with a passion and when you helped Duster in the castle I was willing to give your species a chance.

NOT ANYMORE.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

He's doing the best he can! It's not his fault the Mr. Saturns devised literally the worst mode of transportation ever conceived!

Variant_Eris
Nov 2, 2014

Exhibition C: Colgate white smile

Fister Roboto posted:

He's doing the best he can! It's not his fault the Mr. Saturns devised literally the worst mode of transportation ever conceived!

Clearly the Mr. Saturns developed the best mode of transportation, since it actually worked.

Therefore Rope Snake can only blame himself. :colbert:

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Variant_Eris posted:

Clearly the Mr. Saturns developed the best mode of transportation, since it actually worked.

Therefore Rope Snake can only blame himself. :colbert:

He roped us into it!

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Isn't the second instance in the original EB Tea instead of Coffee? Or maybe it was just in the english version.

Scoville
Oct 4, 2009

Oh, God, why won't it stop BURNING?

Blackheart posted:

Isn't the second instance in the original EB Tea instead of Coffee? Or maybe it was just in the english version.

You are correct! The Tendas of Tenda Village offer Ness and company tea in both English and Japanese.

The Mother 2 coffee break scenes are interesting in that they're one of the rare places in the game where kanji (characters representing whole words) are used. The rest of the game quite intentionally uses only kana (the purely alphabetical characters) in order to make it more accessible to younger players. This underscores the theme of growing up in the text itself in a very implicit way. Not sure if Mother 3 follows the pattern, but I wouldn't be surprised! [/weaboo]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Whew, next section took over two hours to record. Expecting that to be split up into three updates, and the last section of Chapter 7 probably in two, possibly three.

It's one of those sections that's much more fun to experience than actually play, so look forward to that whenever I get the next update up (hopefully soon, trying to get a reasonable update schedule going again until something else derails it).

• Locked thread