Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
If this, or something like this, is still available when I get off this deployment in August-ish, I want to buy it straight up

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/4961897405.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Geirskogul posted:

If this, or something like this, is still available when I get off this deployment in August-ish, I want to buy it straight up

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/4961897405.html

Already gone.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

meatpimp posted:

Already gone.

What? It's been listed and relisted for weeks! Goddamn. Well, it was a cherry, one owner 1976 bay window be bus for $10900 that I've been eyeing.

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Apr 5, 2015

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Me and my roommates decided to each hide an Easter Egg in the house filled with money and items. I just out a $1 bill inside and filled it to the brim with glitter. And I "hid" it in the 1st floor bathroom where only one of us gets ready in the morning.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

fjelltorsk posted:

-But that does not help when you put your Iphone 6+ on the roof when strapping kids in, and forget it.
i have to wait untill tuesday to replace my phone. I hope some of the photos i took on the trip home made it to dropbox

Jesus, I don't know how some of you people deal with these expensive rear end phones, you may as well be walking around carelessly with $600 in your pocket. A buddy of mine just got a new iPhone (I guess it's the 6 plus?) and got into a hot tub with it in his pocket. Now it's junk. A month before that he had one in his pocket and leaned too hard against a pool table and bent it, turning it to garbage. The amount of money I see people spending on these phones is mind boggling, especially when they don't have a pot to piss in to begin with (my buddy is a waiter).

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

leica posted:

Jesus, I don't know how some of you people deal with these expensive rear end phones, you may as well be walking around carelessly with $600 in your pocket. A buddy of mine just got a new iPhone (I guess it's the 6 plus?) and got into a hot tub with it in his pocket. Now it's junk. A month before that he had one in his pocket and leaned too hard against a pool table and bent it, turning it to garbage. The amount of money I see people spending on these phones is mind boggling, especially when they don't have a pot to piss in to begin with (my buddy is a waiter).

I bought a nice used M7 from eBay for $50 to replace my optimus g. Used cheap phone work for me.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Friar Zucchini posted:

So here's an interesting bit from the '15 Focus owner's manual, with the base 2.0 N/A engine: "Premium unleaded gas will provide improved performance and is recommended for severe duty usage, for example a fully loaded vehicle." I figured that was more of a thing in higher-end cars where you're lucky they even allow regular gas for that particular engine, or more sophisticated engines like the 1.0 Ecoboost... but this is just a conventional four-banger compact. Weird.

The aussie ford 4l i6 is like that. It's made to work on 91ron to keep everybody happy, but if you put in 95ron or 98ron you get a little bit more power and torque, something like 5kW and 15ft/lb. Nothing new about that motor, just a fancy head on an old block. All to do with knock sensors and coil on plug spark control

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

Comrade Flynn posted:

Yeah, we have a front porch, two back porches and the best part:

The entire roof is a patio!

Dang, nice. That view (well, a similar one) is why I want to redo the dormer out the back of my house at some point as currently the best viewing space is a 36x48 window (so it's only a "sweeping" view if you're holding a broom :v:). I've seen a few setups recently with nesting sliding windows that could make for a pretty awesome master bedroom and upstairs landing. I'm about the same distance from the water as you too :)

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Taco Box posted:

I had a 2012 that said that too, I honestly never felt a difference between 87, 89, and 93 octane in that car. I was hoping for better... something, and it was just same herky-jerky mess.
I mean if the transmission is unsteady you could just be smoother with the clutch? I'm assuming you got the 5-speed like I did cause it's not like anyone would ever get a Focus with that autotragic DCT

ahem

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

leica posted:

Don't ever walk into a classroom. The amount of broken iPhones and latest Samsung and LGs I see with totally hosed screens hurts my heart. I just recently upgraded to an LG G3 after having a terrible phone for years. I baby the crap out of it because I'm terrified of breaking it and having to deal with it for another five or six years before I can afford to upgrade.

E: :ohdear: FWIW, I keep it in an otterbox case. A bit big, but rubbery and grippy.

briefcasefullof fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Apr 6, 2015

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

You won't have to worry about that on the G3..

the digitizer is part of the glass. If it cracks, no more touchscreen.

tl;dr keep it in a case.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Mat_Drinks posted:

Dang, nice. That view (well, a similar one) is why I want to redo the dormer out the back of my house at some point as currently the best viewing space is a 36x48 window (so it's only a "sweeping" view if you're holding a broom :v:). I've seen a few setups recently with nesting sliding windows that could make for a pretty awesome master bedroom and upstairs landing. I'm about the same distance from the water as you too :)

My wife and I are starting to look at houses down here - she really wants a yard for whatever kids or dog may come along. I really want a view; it's nice to look out the window and get some perspective, pull back from your thoughts, etc. It's very hard to find an affordable house that has both :-/

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I left my s4 out of a gel case for a few months until it slid out of my shorts and cracked on the concrete slab back porch. Now it has two cracks in the screen. It's been like this for about a year.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Why the gently caress is it 55 outside? :stare: What is this poo poo? It's supposed to be like 85 this time of year.

Wrar posted:

I left my s4 out of a gel case for a few months until it slid out of my shorts and cracked on the concrete slab back porch. Now it has two cracks in the screen. It's been like this for about a year.

I've kept my Nexus 5 in a case since I bought it. Managed to break the case in multiple spots just through daily wear and tear somehow (it's only been dropped once), but Spigen replaced it for free.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Cracked screen club.

Galaxy S4 a few months after I got it. It's pretty bad but I've been running with it because I don't give a poo poo and that could be house/car money.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Just got back from the new F&F. It was pretty good.

Surprised to see a metric chassis in there though.

Just got back from watching it. Was everything I expected and hoped for. Over the top, cheesy as hell, lots of cars and women for eye candy. The Paul Walker tribute at the end was very nice

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

leica posted:

Jesus, I don't know how some of you people deal with these expensive rear end phones, you may as well be walking around carelessly with $600 in your pocket.

I get made fun of for having an "out dated" phone. Its a droid xt907 and you know what, the drat thing takes a licking and keeps on ticking. gently caress it, I hate getting a new phone then trying to relearn all the drat settings and poo poo. Plus it was free :v:

But I am always a generation or 10 behind every one else when it comes to phones.

Also part of the Fast7 crew now. God drat, after 4 that poo poo got pretty awesome. Its just a good ol fashion shoot em up and drive fast movie. The ending was a little sad though :(

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Screw you guys and your fancy rear end phones :colbert:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

T1g4h posted:

I've had the Galaxy S4 for almost two years, I love it, but its feeling its age and I finally cracked the touchscreen.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I have an S3 mini and it's a slow and sluggish piece of garbage but then I look at prices for phones and I decide to deal with it. Prices just aren't coming down fast enough to make it worth upgrading.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I have an upgrade every ten months and I pay $100 less than two year contract pricing (so my 64GB 6+ was $299 not $399 and my 32GB 5S was $199 instead of $299) then I sell them for whatever the unlocked rate is and I make money on it.

plus a new screen is $120 which isn't a whole lot of money :v:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
The touchscreen on my ancient (4 years since release) droid 3 keeps wigging the gently caress out and making me want to smash it, but fortunately I have a keyboard I can type on even when it acts up :smug:

I am too rough on my phones to pay real money for them, I break one of these about every 8-10 months or so and buy another on ebay for 50 dollars. I broke a lot more years ago but I haven't had a phone fall off the roof since I finished reshingling it so the rate of destruction has gone down.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I have a Trac Phone I bought a few years ago for about 20 bucks, I think they're selling for 5 bucks now :v:

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

T1g4h posted:

My brother in law has a moto Razer without the outside screen!

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I figured my ~8 or 9 year old TV would let go before anything else in the house - I mean, the backlight is purple when you first turn it on now, and takes several minutes to get bright enough to really watch it. The backlight is very tired on mine (an earlier Toshiba 32" LCD - $500 when I got it, on sale at that), and mine is old enough that it's about 5" thick and weighs at least 25 pounds.

Nope. Stepdad's 6 or 7 year old Samsung keeps going dark at random. If you turn it off and on it'll be fine for a bit, then goes dark after a random amount of time. Sometimes makes a crackling noise when it's turned on. Either way, sound keeps working, and if you shine a bright flashlight at the LCD, you can sort of see the picture. When the backlight works, it has a beautiful picture, but it goes completely dark at random.

Backlight on mine works fine once it's been on for a few minutes, it just locks up and goes blank (with the backlight still on) if it's on more than a few hours, and has to be unplugged to get it to respond again (sometimes it'll shut off if you hit the power button on the remote, but it takes about 10 seconds to do so - turns back on again like nothing was ever wrong if you wait a minute after that though). So I'm guessing mine has a power supply issue. Mine had this issue for about 3 years though, and hasn't gotten any worse.

Looks like I get to figure out how to replace an inverter. :shepicide: Or let him buy a new one, then I fix it and toss it in my room. Picture quality is better than my Toshiba, but both are 32" 720p. His is a lot thinner though, and weighs a hell of a lot less..

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ugh, I just wanna play video games but we packed the controllers and took them over to the new place already.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

my fancy gaming mouse that i've had for five years broke on friday, so now i get to go to best buy and try to find a mouse that isn't tiny as hell and make my hand cramp after an hour

:rip: Razer Naga, thanks 4 all the useless buttons you piece of poo poo

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Tusen Takk posted:

I have an upgrade every ten months and I pay $100 less than two year contract pricing (so my 64GB 6+ was $299 not $399 and my 32GB 5S was $199 instead of $299) then I sell them for whatever the unlocked rate is and I make money on it.

plus a new screen is $120 which isn't a whole lot of money :v:

A 64gb 6+ is A$1,299 here... Hence why my missus just picked up a new 5s on a $60 a month plan... We get hosed over so hard on phone pricing...

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Yeah, had I bought this unlocked t would have been like $899 without subsidies or whatever it's called :stare:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

some texas redneck posted:

Nope. Stepdad's 6 or 7 year old Samsung keeps going dark at random. If you turn it off and on it'll be fine for a bit, then goes dark after a random amount of time. Sometimes makes a crackling noise when it's turned on. Either way, sound keeps working, and if you shine a bright flashlight at the LCD, you can sort of see the picture. When the backlight works, it has a beautiful picture, but it goes completely dark at random.

Crack the case and trace the wiring/traces for the backlight, it could be as simple as a poor solder joint.

Post less anus, more A/V.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer

angryhampster posted:

Furious 7 was outstanding. They tied in every single movie. Great Paul Walker tribute as well.

Seriously, do this. The last 10 minutes of the film is worth seeing even if you hate the F&F series. I can't think of a better way to send off Paul Walker.

loving cried like a baby, but at least I wasn't the only one.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

some texas redneck posted:

My Samsung TV did something similar. There was an auto-dimming or auto-adjustment setting I had to turn off and then everything worked great.

Tusen Takk posted:

my fancy gaming mouse that i've had for five years broke on friday, so now i get to go to best buy and try to find a mouse that isn't tiny as hell and make my hand cramp after an hour

:rip: Razer Naga, thanks 4 all the useless buttons you piece of poo poo

I like my Logitech G700s but there's definitely extra buttons that I don't use or rather don't use often (don't play games that much).

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

BoostCreep posted:

Seriously, do this. The last 10 minutes of the film is worth seeing even if you hate the F&F series. I can't think of a better way to send off Paul Walker.

loving cried like a baby, but at least I wasn't the only one.

At Han's funeral, did anyone catch what his full name is? Han Seoul-Oh. Han Solo. :vince:

Maybe I'm years late to the table with that info, but that kinda blew my mind.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Taco Box posted:

At Han's funeral, did anyone catch what his full name is? Han Seoul-Oh. Han Solo. :vince:
Yeah, it's been in there before, but in a blink-and-you'll-miss-it way:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Finallyyyyyyyyyyy got around to hitting up the heritage motor museum the other day. Excuse the photo quality, I dropped my phone a million times and forgot to take a proper camera. :/

The concept XJ220

Classic E type.

Batshit track E with widebody and side exits... <3

Mini mobility scooter

Also what surprised me was the amount of cars that Rover put together in the 50s/60s that were powered by a gas turbine engine. There were 3 in the museum. 3. I know other manufacturers played with the idea but there was generally just the one model. Rover put out 3? It was weird.

This BRM was entered in Le Mans...

quote:

The first test runs were at the MIRA track in April 1963, driven by Graham Hill who described it thus, Youre sitting in this thing that you might call a motor car and the next minute it sounds as if youve got a 707 just behind you, about to suck you up and devour you like an enormous monster.

A prize was to be awarded for the first gas turbine car to complete 3,600 km over the 24 hours, an average speed of 93 mph. The 3,600 km figure was achieved with hours to spare, and with peak speeds down the Mulsanne Straight exceeding 140 mph. The overall averages were of 107.8 mph and 6.97 mpg. As the only car in its class it was unplaced, but its performance by a petrol engined car would have placed it in 8th place.

Also found my new favourite car. 1953 Allard P2 Safari station wagon. 6 seats, about half a mile long, swoopy arches, WOOD, rear facing seats in the back and a roof that looks like a convertible but it's just a leather coating over the roof?! It's so beautifully weird and looked amazing in green. Only 10 were ever made, only 4 are still around and there's a white one for sale for 50k.

I need 50k. It's just so cool in person. The ultimate cruiser :3:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

mafoose posted:

My brother in law has a moto Razer without the outside screen!

I still have like 2 of those things lying around in my box of electronics. Toughest phones I've owned by far, one of them even survived a swim in a pot of green beans when I was doing kitchen work :v:

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
I had one where the screen had completely broken off and I just used the bottom part and had that bitch on speaker phone. I could remember how to get around the phone without a screen so I just used it for the longest time as sort a weird box I talked into like star treck.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Tried to open up my door panel to fix my broken latch, surprisingly hard to do when, y'know, you can't open the door to unhook the panel clips.

Said gently caress it, made an insurance claim. Pretty sure they're going to total my car. $2100 repair, and blue book value is $2250 in "Fair" condition. I think the existing body repairs and hail damage will drop the value of the car another few hundred. :smith:

But, that means I get the chance to buy a new toy. :unsmigghh: My poor girlfriend does not understand why I'm interested in cars like the Focus ST. Y'all know how it is with hot hatches...

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

88h88 posted:

Also found my new favourite car. 1953 Allard P2 Safari station wagon. 6 seats, about half a mile long, swoopy arches, WOOD, rear facing seats in the back and a roof that looks like a convertible but it's just a leather coating over the roof?! It's so beautifully weird and looked amazing in green. Only 10 were ever made, only 4 are still around and there's a white one for sale for 50k.

I need 50k. It's just so cool in person. The ultimate cruiser :3:

That is cool as all get-out and 50k for a 1 of 4 car seems like a pretty good deal to me. Especially if it's in as good of shape as the one in the picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

I typically don't appreciate NASCAR, but my god this video has me thinking twice:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM1D0zuVEJs

Those cars are so insanely loose, and packed so tightly. Takes tremendous nuts to drive like that.

• Locked thread