Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Six Ilms of Snow is my favorite named fate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Robviously posted:

Isn't one of the WAR quests "Curious Gorge goes to Wineport."?
Furious, I think.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

An Eft for Effort, Incense and Sensibility, Derision of Labor, Coarse Correspondence...

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Leal posted:

Six Ilms of Snow is my favorite named fate.

I prefer Nine Ilm Snails.

e: It's Not Lupus

Niton fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Apr 6, 2015

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Zereth posted:

Furious, I think.

Yeah he's Furious Gorge, because he's a Roe Warrior.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Niton posted:

This is the FATE that finally clued me in on Eorzea's measurement system.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
I wonder if that dude who stars in the Highbridge FATE and has those 2 catgirls on his dick still has all the funny sexual innuendo in the japanese script. probably not.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Kwyndig posted:

Yeah he's Furious Gorge, because he's a Roe Warrior.

Unless they changed his name since I finished the Warrior job quests, he's definitely called Curious George.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

My favorite FATE is "What's on Your Mind" in Coerthas where the monsters you have to fight are called Pure Energy. Because, while I don't know if it's "obscure" exactly, it took a while of it percolating around my brain before it finally clicked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPuXvpkOLmM

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Axle_Stukov posted:

Unless they changed his name since I finished the Warrior job quests, he's definitely called Curious George.

Actually we're both wrong. It's Curious Gorge. http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/npc/npc/ac0a8a517b9/

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I think I've mentioned it before, but I like Nine Ilm Snails and Enter Beastman. Some other good ones are Kickin' it With the Kedtraps, Call Me Mayhaps, Sister Crustacean and There Might Be Giants.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Popehoist posted:

I wonder if that dude who stars in the Highbridge FATE and has those 2 catgirls on his dick still has all the funny sexual innuendo in the japanese script. probably not.

No he doesn't, if there's something funny or witty in the XIV script, pretty much it is entirely Koji Fox's team that did it.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Daniel posted:

Quake Me Up Before You O'Ghomoro is unbeatable

I have a hard time choosing a favorite. In For Garuda Awakening is also magical.

As is Judgement Bolts and Lightning. It's hard to pick a favorite when they hit nothing but home runs.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Boten Anna posted:

Finally got around to finishing my Zeta weapon :toot:

The next step downgrades it to i55 and tells you good job whenever you kill something

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

kirbysuperstar posted:

Sister Crustacean

Oh jesus that's bad.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Doublestep posted:

The next step downgrades it to i55 and tells you good job whenever you kill something

:vince:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Had a hot streak today and got 6 dungeon atma in 8 runs. The only downside to such luck is now I need three spring waters and I have 300 soldiery. This step is still flying by, though.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

Had a hot streak today and got 6 dungeon atma in 8 runs. The only downside to such luck is now I need three spring waters and I have 300 soldiery. This step is still flying by, though.

If you're in pbc or on Excalibur I'll be tanking temple of Quran hm tonight around 10:30 pm pst if you want instant queues.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

Fat birds. I need to get myself one of these.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Holyshoot posted:

If you're in pbc or on Excalibur I'll be tanking temple of Quran hm tonight around 10:30 pm pst if you want instant queues.

I am but I've been running everything as a warrior anyways because the dreadwyrm axe is fun to look at. I actually haven't unlocked that part of the quest yet. I'm still stuck with two of the people needing their spring water before I get to run those dungeons. Right now all I have left before I have to stop to get more soldiery is AK and Copperbell HM.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
Oh man been out for two months for real life stuff. It always impresses me how fast and how much they add to this game.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Niton posted:

I just got it.

It took me months. Oh my god.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Ninja Bathin', Once Upon A Time In Doma, The Wrath of Qarn.

Additionally: X.x;;;;;;;;;;;

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Apr 6, 2015

Paperweight
Jan 17, 2007
Am I doing this right?
After seeing the updates, I almost want to play this again after being away for almost a year. Please talk me out of it.

VVV You're a monster.

Paperweight fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Apr 6, 2015

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Paperweight posted:

After seeing the updates, I almost want to play this again after being away for almost a year. Please talk me out of it.

Welcome back!

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Paperweight posted:

VVV You're a monster.

Yeah, the game is in a really great place right now. The new story quests were pretty great and you could get your character up to speed for Heavensward pretty easily with WoD unlocked and encrypted tomestones avaliable via the weekly now. You will never really lack for something to do unless you have every class at 50 and decked out in the best stuff. Oh, wait, you said "out" not "into" feel free to ignore the above then! :keke:

Stufoo
May 9, 2010

Everybody Loves Me
and that's just about as funky as I can be

Paperweight posted:

Please talk me out of it.

The game is made for babies and no one has ever loved you all your work has been for nothing and you're even worse at this game than you are at repairing stereos.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Stufoo posted:

The game is made for babies and no one has ever loved you all your work has been for nothing and you're even worse at this game than you are at repairing stereos.

You forgot that your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth.

Paperweight
Jan 17, 2007
Am I doing this right?

Stufoo posted:

This is what I'm talking about. Every bit of that is true and brought a tear to my eye. I'm working on an AM radio at the moment because even a stupid babby can get those working. My eyes glaze over at the thought of aligning a stereo multiplex decoder.

I feel better now thanks. Needed the demotivation.

Paperweight fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Apr 6, 2015

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

I feel as if I I must explain, Curious Gorge is the greatest name because it is 100% lore-compatible for hellsguard roegadudes :ssh:

orange juche posted:

No he doesn't, if there's something funny or witty in the XIV script, pretty much it is entirely Koji Fox's team that did it.

That's kinda disappointing. It's like, everyone should get to be in awe of the lever.

Especially in the quest where they're running around Ul'dah dressing him in mascot outfits.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Paperweight posted:

Please talk me out of it.

Pray return to the Waking Sands.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Fister Roboto posted:

Even if they could read Japanese, those types of people aren't satisfied unless their ~true vision~ of how the game should be is forced on everyone else.

I asked the OP in that thread why he's reading content that is voiced over anyway. Surely he wouldn't know there's a difference otherwise. Unsurprisingly, I got no reply.

I have Japanese voices because my client defaulted to Japanese and I didn't change to English until several hours in and didn't want voices to change, but the text is fine for someone who doesn't understand the language.

The problem is really idiots who picked up 3 words from watching amine and notice that word didn't show up in the text (especially since text often gets moved to different bubbles in different dubs) and now they're certain there's a conspiracy withholding information from them :tinfoil:

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Truga posted:

The problem is really idiots who picked up 3 words from watching amine and notice that word didn't show up in the text (especially since text often gets moved to different bubbles in different dubs) and now they're certain there's a conspiracy withholding information from them :tinfoil:

My nakama, Midgarsomr-chan...

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Truga posted:

I wonder what percentage of the Japanese script consists of "it can't be helped."

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Doublestep posted:

i would meld 500 det IVs for this weapon

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Fister Roboto posted:

I wonder what percentage of the Japanese script consists of "it can't be helped."

Valued customer, please understand, it can't be helped.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I'm reading the summoner and scholar threads on ffgoons and, holy poo poo, you guys have done some great write ups. I'm not done with Summoner yet, but I'm leaning towards it because I like dots and debuffs a lot. I was hoping it was more of pet class like City of Villain's Mastermind. Either way, I've plenty of time as I only hit level 8 this morning.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I'm surprised there's so little love for "Rock the Castrum." Quest and Fate names that aren't amusing are few and far between though.

EDIT: \/ It as posted before, but I love the achievement for that one too. Something about Remission. I had to go get it after I found that out.

Cipher Pol 9 fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Apr 6, 2015

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
It's not Lupus is another good one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Soonmot posted:

I'm reading the summoner and scholar threads on ffgoons and, holy poo poo, you guys have done some great write ups. I'm not done with Summoner yet, but I'm leaning towards it because I like dots and debuffs a lot. I was hoping it was more of pet class like City of Villain's Mastermind. Either way, I've plenty of time as I only hit level 8 this morning.

Fortunately you don't have to really decide between the two, since your level in both jobs is based solely off your arcanist level. When you hit 50 as a summoner, you'll be 50 as a scholar as well. The only difference will be whether you put your bonus points into intelligence (summoner) or mind (scholar), and even that is easily changeable. Also at 50 you'll have different gear between the two, but before that, you'll be wearing generic caster gear with both intelligence and mind.

• Locked thread