Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Where did his mouth sword go?

And now it's back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Killer attack: a lure

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

JT Jag posted:

Killer attack: a lure

how does that pun work in japanese

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

spoon0042 posted:

how does that pun work in japanese

It looks like it was somewhat similar at least.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
Oh wow full AOT intro

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

How much longer before iTunes releases the second half of Attack on Titan season one (dubbed)?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
You know, I'm totally going to get poo poo for this and I really don't care. The running gag with Silica and that plant monster to the point where it's growing wings for it to be a thing is legitimately funny.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
So it's occurred to me the only anime I've really watched is DBZ, KLK and GL, so maybe it's just me, but I don't feel nearly as critical about stuff like action or usage/waste of time in shows. Am I a bad fan? I can't even laugh at SAO and it feels weird.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Good choice of Series Waffle. I guess I gotta start hanging out in the thread for SAO, since it's certainly prompting discussion and there are plenty of moments coming up I'd love to see the thread's reaction too.

All I'll say is that I hope you like Sinon's buttcrack, because you'll be seeing it a LOT.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I missed out on DBZ and KLK discussion because I fell asleep. :( Oh well with Dragon Ball at least, everything from now till the Ginyu Force is honestly pretty boring so that doesn't matter much. BDSM Iron Man is cool, though. The rest of the Elite Four are equally awesome in the rest of their fights and future costumes.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yes, especially Nonon, whose final costume is basically bandaids on her nipples and crotch.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Waffleman_ posted:

Yes, especially Nonon, whose final costume is basically bandaids on her nipples and crotch.

You're only slightly exaggerating, but still. Everyone's ultimate Regalia is like that, and she still ends up in more then Aikuro and Tsumugu.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

Waffleman_ posted:

goddamnit all, i was hoping that it might be something cool and awesome instead of skeevy and stupid

like, maybe some kind of 10-foot tall mech suit made entirely of band instruments that plays music when it moves

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Less anime talk, more China IL talk. Season 3 starts tonight.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Argus Zant posted:

goddamnit all, i was hoping that it might be something cool and awesome instead of skeevy and stupid

like, maybe some kind of 10-foot tall mech suit made entirely of band instruments that plays music when it moves

That's basically her first two.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Argus Zant posted:

There's actually several iterations of stuff coming up before that one. I'd suggest you keep that thought of yours in mind...

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Waffleman_ posted:

One time at Honnoji Band Camp

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

the classes are too full?!?!?

how the gently caress can that many people possibly afford to attend this drat school?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's the worst school in the country, it's probably not expensive.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

It's the worst school in the country, it's probably not expensive.

do you somehow NOT remember the episode where Dean jacked the tuition up to like $500,000 a goddamn year?

Pony had to kill Kevin Costner to afford staying!

oh hi Gov

oh good, Dean is still alive despite having been devoured by wild hogs in the S2 finale

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I haven't seen very many episodes of China IL.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I don't watch China, IL on the regular but it sure gets a lot of people I like to do voices for it.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Steve looks bizarrely similar to Doctor Weird with that hair

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Did the animation for China, IL get thicker lines for this season or is it just me?

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Yeah the animation looks worse

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

bull3964 posted:

Did the animation for China, IL get thicker lines for this season or is it just me?

It does look like the lines got thicker. FYI, I had nothing to do with this season, but in season one the line thickness in Flash was set to "hairline" and season two it was set to 1.5.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
"the fact that you're not dead, the fact that you're magically president for the rest of your life, Obama's disappearance..."
"They should get over it"

I love China, IL so much.

e: Frank's delivery of "Well, bitch..." slays me.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
"Come back with my shoes, you LATIN TRICKSTER!"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

COMING THIS SATURDAY TO GOONAMI

:nws:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXvppV7HccI

Two angels. One city. A million Ghosts between them and Heaven. They might just save the world, if they even bother. Premiering this Saturday at 1:30 and double-billing each week after at both 11:00 and 1:30.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
I'm bad at reading

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Waffleman_ posted:

Two angels. One city. A million Ghosts between them and Heaven. They might just save the world, if they even bother. Premiering this Saturday at 1:30 and double-billing each week after at both 11:00 and 1:30.

Prepare to repent, motherfuckers.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

PSG is good

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Panty and Stocking, a show where the main characters are named after underwear and one is a nymphomaniac, is better about sexuality and the treatment of its female characters than Kill la Kill.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Waffleman_ posted:

Awesome! Panty and Stocking is one of my favorite shows ever, this is cool.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
A lot of people recommended checking out Panty and Stocking, and, upon viewing, it was quickly revealed that Panty and Stocking is a garbage show for trash people

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

ALFbrot posted:

A lot of people recommended checking out Panty and Stocking, and, upon viewing, it was quickly revealed that Panty and Stocking is a garbage show for trash people

:yikes:

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I've heard of Panty and Stocking and most people here seem to enjoy it so I'll check it out if I don't forget.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

I tried watching a couple of episodes and never really 'got it'. I might be missing something, but it just seemed boring and predictable to me, and the jokes weren't funny enough to offset that.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
When I first watched Panty and Stocking, I kind of burned out around... episode 4 or something. It didn't seem as fun as people said it was.

Six months or so later I picked it back up and marathoned it. Basically it starts a little slow but gets really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

FLCL was awesome, Gurren Lagann was pretty good

i'm definitely down for some more cool poo poo from those folks

• Locked thread