Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Sharkie posted:

That line extending down from the Clintons is so drat disingenuous.

Married siblings sired of Art "Pappy" Clinton, top political boss of all the trailer parks in Arkansas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Has Rand Paul figured out a way to run for President and Senator of Kentucky at the same time? Does KY have a late primary so he could hedge his bets and just run for senate there and run for Pres in every other state?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

CannonFodder posted:

Has Rand Paul figured out a way to run for President and Senator of Kentucky at the same time? Does KY have a late primary so he could hedge his bets and just run for senate there and run for Pres in every other state?

It hasn't been finalized by the full state party (it will be), but the leadership has voted in favor of his plan to convert the KY primary to a caucus which allows him to avoid the issue during the primary.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Sir Tonk posted:

Looks kinda like a DDees. Just needs a few Isreali flags and Agenda 21 stamps.

edit

Anyway, Drudge is also linking to the FT article under his Rand spot.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/8559c84e-d896-11e4-ba53-00144feab7de.html#axzz3WUF5YQuE

This whole dynasty thing is really getting old. I mean, it's the wife of a former President one one side and the third from the same family in another. The Bush one could be considered as such, but saying the same for Clinton is a bit of a stretch.

It's also a really dumb way to critique them as candidates.

I'm just gonna bring up John & Quincy Adams whenever this dumb argument comes up again

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Sharkie posted:

There is the Chelsea Factor to consider...

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

It looks like he's going for a "Reservoir Dogs" kind of vibe.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Zwabu posted:

Guarun-drat-tee you Aqua Buddah doesn't tip.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Paul the Randian

Ee's Randpaul! You are like ze buzzing of FLIES to 'im!

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Chokes McGee posted:

Ee's Randpaul! You are like ze buzzing of FLIES to 'im!

On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil: RAND PAUL 2016

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Primaries need to work like how the Germans used to go about things. The last one to announce their candidacy for President gets beaten to death by the others.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Zwabu posted:

Stuck in the middle of the country for the Iowa primary with you

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Cigar Aficionado posted:

It will be interesting to see where Carson's and Huckabee's supporters go if both men drop out relatively early, as they're pulling about 1/5th of Republican primary voters despite not being serious candidates.

Way too early predictions on primary winners: Walker wins Iowa, Bush narrowly wins New Hampshire, Ted Cruz wins South Carolina, and Bush wins Florida.

Id love to see this with Rand taking New Hampshire because that guarantees the most bitter and viscous campaigns and I really wanna see how many bone tired horrific flubs these 4 can put out. Nothing will make me happier than watching Ted Cruz get politically savaged and Walker's heart getting crushed when his early lead meets Bush money.

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Joementum posted:

This is the image Drudge decided to use.

This particular visual style would really be more appropriate for Walker.

Considering this, and the Mad Men-looking design Joementum posted, I assume Paul will soon be rolling out campaign imagery modeled on Breaking Bad, and Hell on Wheels.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

ewe2 posted:

Sharkie posted:

There is the Chelsea Factor to consider...
While true, the line coming from the bottom is parents, not children. The obvious reason they put the line there because if they didn't, there would be no connecting line between Bill and Hillary, showing their point to be nonexistent. HW has a little line too, but it would be fine to be omitted because their family IS a dynasty. There should be two lines going in to each of them because that's how family trees work :goonsay:

ufarn
May 30, 2009
M'Americans. :tipshat:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Joementum posted:

This is the image Drudge decided to use.

David Hasselhoff hasn't aged well.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Should I expect anyone other than Hillary in 2016 to actually succeed for the democrats? Barring any illness that might take her out.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Sylink posted:

Should I expect anyone other than Hillary in 2016 to actually succeed for the democrats? Barring any illness that might take her out.

If you mean the general election, not the primaries, the polling is not as good for her as I expected. A recent Fox News poll has her tied with Jeb Bush even. Most of the other ones have her +5 or so over the GOP field. ABC's poll has her totally rolling the field though, 10+ over all the Republicans.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

The only thing anyone's going to hear from that clip is "Elizabeth Warren was right"

Sharkie posted:

A cursory check of wikipedia tells me that George HW Bush is the son of Prescott Bush, a former Senator, whereas neither Bill nor Hillary Clinton have any other relations involved in US politics. Incredible.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Señor Bush are you well? You look so pale!

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Joementum posted:

Señor Bush are you well? You look so pale!

Is that real? Where is it sourced from?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Chamale posted:

Is that real? Where is it sourced from?

Jeb Bush’s 2009 Voter-Registration Application via the New York Times.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
*loud noises from Andrew dredging up the GOP's comments on Warren*

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Wow. Let's see how his opponents react to Jeb making a false statement under oath. Although I'm not sure exactly how a politician goes about bringing this up, since a smart Republican doesn't want to alienate potential Hispanic voters and it's a bit of a delicate balance.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

If you mean the general election, not the primaries, the polling is not as good for her as I expected. A recent Fox News poll has her tied with Jeb Bush even. Most of the other ones have her +5 or so over the GOP field. ABC's poll has her totally rolling the field though, 10+ over all the Republicans.

Did the Fox Poll Come pre Un-Skewed?

Even before all that nonsense their Romney polls were absolutely precious, its pretty safe to ignore as a polling source without a margin of error that negates the whole exercise.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Chamale posted:

Wow. Let's see how his opponents react to Jeb making a false statement under oath. Although I'm not sure exactly how a politician goes about bringing this up, since a smart Republican doesn't want to alienate potential Hispanic voters and it's a bit of a delicate balance.

Nobody's going to care, come on. Someone checked the wrong box on the form on his behalf. Maybe it was him, maybe it was his wife, maybe it was a clerk who wrongly assumed his ethnicity based on his wife's, maybe it was an absent-minded lawyer.

He didn't get admitted to college or qualify for scholarships or gain any advantage based on this, it's just a tiny mistake.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
We really shouldn't criticize. Jeb identifies as Hispanic and that's his personal choice, which we must respect. :colbert:

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

I at least am not chuckling at the legal implications here (I doubt there are any), but the nativist primary thunderdome implications.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

You guys laugh but Jeb registering as Hispanic upped the Hispanic turnout for the GOP 200% last cycle. They are still trying to find the other one.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Spaceman Future! posted:

They are still trying to find the other one.

Found him.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Im still bemused that he even tried to hit the Mexican variety show circuit. I wonder if it was the same advisers that were assuring him that their fake polls had him up eleventy billion percent that suggested it.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
I can't wait for the Republicans to attack people for mentioning this after the Liz Warren race.

Belome
Jan 1, 2013

gradenko_2000 posted:

A cursory check of wikipedia tells me that George HW Bush is the son of Prescott Bush, a former Senator, whereas neither Bill nor Hillary Clinton have any other relations involved in US politics. Incredible.

And the very name Clinton is from an abusive alcoholic step dad.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Spaceman Future! posted:

Im still bemused that he even tried to hit the Mexican variety show circuit. I wonder if it was the same advisers that were assuring him that their fake polls had him up eleventy billion percent that suggested it.

Not going on Univision at this point is like not going on NBC/CBS/ABC. It is wise not to borrow Boehner's make-up kit beforehand though.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Spaceman Future! posted:

After that tan job, he probably would've done less damage to his image coming out in a luchador mask and a huge sombrero.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Chokes McGee posted:

After that tan job, he probably would've done less damage to his image coming out in a luchador mask and a huge sombrero.

He would have had my vote.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Mitt is actually Mexican-American though.

Maybe Jeb thought they meant his family or something? Hard to see that as anything but a mistake.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

SedanChair posted:

Mitt is actually Mexican-American though.

Maybe Jeb thought they meant his family or something? Hard to see that as anything but a mistake.

Romney's Mexican-American in the sense that Elon Musk is African-American. Correct in the political geographic context, but utterly bereft of the ethnic implications of being Latino or Black and thoroughly insulting when used in an attempt to make a play at relating to racial minorities in the US.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Mexican-Americans aren't racial minorities. Mitt's grandfather was a Mexican national, his father was born in Mexico, he is Mexican-American. He's not Latino.

• Locked thread