Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

zen death robot posted:

Someone said you can reinstall the game and skip,the patch to do the dupe trick but I don't know if that actually works

that can only ruin your save game data i'm pretty sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

What do I use these stupid moon bloodgems for, everything I've found takes triangle and circles

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I know i'm really far behind and everybody probably already knows about it, but I love the cool creepy touches like if you get your insight high enough the same dude is behind every door in yarnham, telling you about the secret area.

Dec 26, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

if you get your insight high enough the same dude is behind every door in yarnham, telling you about the secret area.

is this the tonsil stone guy because i thought it was just a random house

that owns if its every one

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

What do I use these stupid moon bloodgems for, everything I've found takes triangle and circles

most of the weps have crescent gems for slot 3 only, uncanny/lost versions have them for earlier slots

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wish I was home playing bloodborne, sigh.

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

I need to get better at this game. I'm still super early in and had trouble beating Father Gascoine... I ended up using the music box like a bitch. The Cleric Demon wasn't much of a problem though.

This is kind of how I was with Dark Souls 1. I just sucked at it for a while until something finally clicked and I understood the game and how to not suck.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Sharkopath posted:

I know i'm really far behind and everybody probably already knows about it, but I love the cool creepy touches like if you get your insight high enough the same dude is behind every door in yarnham, telling you about the secret area.

That's from a story trigger, not insight. After you enter the Forbidden Woods, every window in the game will have the exact same guy handing over the tonsil stone. I think before that is the last chance to save survivors.

I started fighting Ebriatas last night and gently caress that noise. Might go ahead and break my rule of no summoning help on my first play through.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
the only reason to kill Ebriatas is if you've finished alfred's quest line essentially.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
the hidden area is the one with the witch boss right? that was a fun but easy fight. I have no idea where to go now though after clearing out that area with the telescope and killing ameila and the witch

I got the key for 10k but no idea where to use it

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

hubris.height posted:

the hidden area is the one with the witch boss right? that was a fun but easy fight. I have no idea where to go now though after clearing out that area with the telescope and killing ameila and the witch

you need to find a guy behind a big door asking for a password somewhere in the grand cathedral zone. alfred might be around there.

stoutfish fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Apr 5, 2015

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

hubris.height posted:

the 10k key was to open up big door into cathedral ward. rest in paece

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

stoutfish posted:

you need to find a guy behind a big door asking for a password somewhere in the grand cathedral zone. alfred might be around there.

oh i already found that and beat the three assholes at the end of that path

but i think it just ended? maybe i didn't explore it yet lol

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

hubris.height posted:

I beat the vicar it was cool that sudden small changes happen to the area

should I kill the old lady holding her head in the cathedral ward it seems pretty obvious she is bad and crazy

also I died to a falling log trap and laughed my rear end off game owns

dont kill her she'll give you drugs.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

hubris.height posted:

oh i already found that and beat the three assholes at the end of that path

but i think it just ended? maybe i didn't explore it yet lol

there is more after the three doods

also, the witch of hemwick fight is terrible if you don't have a +6 weapon

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
no it wasn't lmao

she was a super chump. i was using ludwigs sword in 2h mode and could chain attack the summons, find a witch and beat her. it was a really easy fight i did on my first attempt maybe she went easy on me

Kurtofan posted:

dont kill her she'll give you drugs.

i see that now. i always suspected she was evil now i don't know who to trust

Dec 26, 2012

nah witch of hemwick is pretty easy

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

stoutfish posted:

the only reason to kill Ebriatas is if you've finished alfred's quest line essentially.

Or if you want to do the deepest chalice dungeons

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Why avoid any boss in this game? I understand in Dark Souls II not fighting every boss because why bother with Ancient Dragon or Vendrick but all the bosses in this game are legit fights and fun even if Ebrietas is real hard.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I got to the inside of iosefka's clinic and it's really spooky even though there's not a lot in there.

I think the indoor environments of the game are some of the most unsettling, with the lighting system and all, not that the outdoors ones are slouching though. The bottom of the forest with all the 20 foot gravestones covered in mist is my favorite souls series place to date.

I hope if they do another one of these games the push the time even further ahead to past the turn of the century, keep the horror theming and try doing more of in buildings cause they can do those environments pretty well.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Claustrophobic Souls.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I want future horror Souls with like laser weapons.

Dec 26, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

I got to the inside of iosefka's clinic and it's really spooky even though there's not a lot in there.

I think the indoor environments of the game are some of the most unsettling, with the lighting system and all, not that the outdoors ones are slouching though. The bottom of the forest with all the 20 foot gravestones covered in mist is my favorite souls series place to date.

I hope if they do another one of these games the push the time even further ahead to past the turn of the century, keep the horror theming and try doing more of in buildings cause they can do those environments pretty well.

theres one very important thing in there, and a really nasty one depending on when you go

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

01011001 posted:

nah witch of hemwick is pretty easy

i got very cocky and impatient because it's the easiest boss in the game.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i think the more insight you have the more witches there are.

Dec 26, 2012

stoutfish posted:

i got very cocky and impatient because it's the easiest boss in the game.

same

NickRoweFillea posted:

nah

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

NickRoweFillea posted:

With high enough insight you can get the ribbon girl to show up in the church

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I want future horror Souls with like laser weapons.

Armored Souls. Bam.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

I found this on Reddit.

It's "Buttborne".

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
stupid sexy hunter

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If you beat 3 Chalice Dungeons with 99 insight before finishing the game, Aeris doesn't die.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

now i can go the nightmare frontier, brygenwryth, and cainhurst castle all at the same time

but im afraid of all 3

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Sharkopath posted:

now i can go the nightmare frontier, brygenwryth, and cainhurst castle all at the same time

but im afraid of all 3

Byrgenwerth is scary but short, and the enemies arent too bad except for that nasty surprise at the end.

I hated Frontier but you can cheese the giants by using a lot of Blue Elixirs so they dont throw rocks at you

Cainhurst is a bitch

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i finally got to use some of the magic things though, the old hunter's bone makes your roll and dodges teleports instead, with less recovery so you can spam them way faster, but it costs 6 bullets and only lasts 30 seconds

the augur makes you shoot snaketentacles out of your hand that knock down and stun enemies as big as the ogres that run around yarnham, it only makes the executioner axe guys flinch and doesnt do anything to the church giants.

only costs 1 bullet and the cast is pretty fast so it seems neat.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

the shadows of yarnham was a cool fight that just kept getting harder the more you thought you had it in the bag, i was yelling by the time the last dude just started spawning giant hellsnakes

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
the shadows of yharnam fight was tense. I backstabbed the last guy while he was summoning giant snakes and I had run out of stamina, so I was just mashing R1 to get the visceral before any giant snakes showed up.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i thought i cleared brygenwryth but i guess there is a boss fight there that i didn't see. i killed a hunter and met stephen hawking and assumed i had seen it all. how do i get to the boss fight?

when does that rear end in a top hat in the clinic stop being an rear end in a top hat to me

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe

hubris.height posted:

i thought i cleared brygenwryth but i guess there is a boss fight there that i didn't see. i killed a hunter and met stephen hawking and assumed i had seen it all. how do i get to the boss fight?

when does that rear end in a top hat in the clinic stop being an rear end in a top hat to me
Look where the old dude is pointing in brygenworth and go take a leap of faith.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

hubris.height posted:

never

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

zen death robot posted:

I decided to make a new character because NG+ was brutal as gently caress and it's weird how I'm just blowing through the first part of it now.

i want to do a magic run now