Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
DC is cool, I like it a lot. I'm going to open up Dogg's College of Interior Design and it's going to have a D1 program

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

DC is Big Ten country, so

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

pillsburysoldier posted:

God bless noonkick http://www.noonkick.com/category/2015-spring-games/

Texas Tech, Duke, Michigan.

More as they get aired. University athletics' youtube channels get updated all the time with stuff too.

That's awesome.

God help me, I'm so hard up for football that I'm watching the Michigan spring game.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Yeah Penn Social is even a Big Ten bar, I think technically it's an Illinois bar but they have all of the mascots painted on the wall when you're walking downstairs.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Penn State and Ohio State were tied with five official bars, but when Rhino closed, we slipped to being tied with Michigan's four.

Penn Social is neat, but I prefer Boardroom. Although Boardroom doesn't have skeeball. My favorite sports bar is a Georgia-LSU bar (Penn Quarter Sports Tavern).

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
I will admit to having a soft spot for Penn Social because a few guys know me there from the time I didn't get to swap out for any bigger bills after a shift and paid for a sizable tabs almost entirely in singles. Then we were there the other day and got pints of bud lite for 3 bucks a piece and I was probably the happiest man in the district

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
This just came over my twitter feed

"Our Clemson alum professor just made us write this in our Georgia History notes..."

:ughh:

Look, I'm as big a Clemson homer as there is, and I'm excited about the kid and what he can potentially do. But let's cut the overhype poo poo until AT LEAST half-way through the season.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
In the CFP era nobody gives a poo poo about the Heisman anyway. Now the talking heads can spend all the Heisman speculation time talking about how the SEC West really should have 4 teams in the playoff.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

For those who follow the uniform/apparel world, Cincinnati has dumped Adidas for Under Armour, and Michigan is considering leaving Adidas for Nike or UA

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Please please please please sign with UA so they can give you some batshit crazy Maryland-style uniforms, Michigan. I need to see that reaction

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Scarf posted:

This just came over my twitter feed

"Our Clemson alum professor just made us write this in our Georgia History notes..."

:ughh:

Look, I'm as big a Clemson homer as there is, and I'm excited about the kid and what he can potentially do. But let's cut the overhype poo poo until AT LEAST half-way through the season.

Watson was the best QB last year until injury :colbert:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

pillsburysoldier posted:

Watson was the best QB last year until injury :colbert:

He really carries that offense. Comparing his performance to Stoudt's at the GT game was hilarious.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

MourningView posted:

Please please please please sign with UA so they can give you some batshit crazy Maryland-style uniforms, Michigan. I need to see that reaction

would do wonders for the state's medicaid budget

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Pakled posted:

He really carries that offense. Comparing his performance to Stoudt's at the GT game was hilarious.

Yeah... Hilarious.

:smith:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

MourningView posted:

I would 100% love this

E: UA could do some really neat stuff for Cincinnati too.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Pakled posted:

That game was a loving bloodbath.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

Scarf posted:

Yeah... Hilarious.

:smith:

He got a little redemption for making GBS threads on Oklahoma.

A little...

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Thermos H Christ posted:

In the CFP era nobody gives a poo poo about the Heisman anyway. Now the talking heads can spend all the Heisman speculation time talking about how the SEC West really should have 4 teams in the playoff.

People still care about the Heisman, it's just last season was a one man race and everyone knew it.

aquaper
Apr 3, 2009

MourningView posted:

I can just imagine MGoBlog after the AD posts a pic of the new jerseys in a Michigan flag motif.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

So here is a bunch of neat info someone dug up.

FB Scoops posted:

Miami (OH) has long been regarded as the “Cradle of Coaches” among those in the football profession. Notable coaches that have passed through Oxford include legends such as Earl Blaik, Paul Brown, Woody Hayes, Ara Parseghian, Bo Schmebechler, Jim Tressel, Randy Walker, and the newest inductee, John Harbaugh.

Alright, so there’s only one real program that can stake claim to the “Cradle of Coaches” crown, but there’s some new research that shows that one school has a legit claim to the top alma mater of successful college coaches. Perhaps we can crown them the “Bassinet of Coaches”?

KTTFAN, a Reddit/CFB enthusiast, decided to take a look at every college coach that had coached a game dating back to 2000, compile their records, research their alma mater, and figure out which school could stake claim to graduating the most successful college football coaches (undergrad only).

When the dust settled, Cincinnati was the program that stood head and shoulders above the rest with an impressive 84% win percentage (141-27-0 overall) record thanks to the records of Urban Meyer and Dana Bible. Every single one of those wins belongs to Meyer, as Bible went 0-1 as the interim head coach at NC State in the 2012 Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl.

Below is a look at the top ten alma maters for college coaches who have coached since 2000, based on win percentage.

Remember, only head coaches who got their undergrad from the school count toward the program’s wins. So Baldwin-Wallace picks up wins from Jim Tressel, and Samford gets wins from Jimbo Fisher and Bobby Bowden (since 2000).

Of the entire list, only a handful of programs can boast more than 100 wins. Iowa, the alma mater of Bob Stoops (168 wins) and Bret Bielema (78 wins), leads the way. Followed by Kent State, the alma mater of Nick Saban and Gary Pinkell, and then Alabama which boasts Dabo Swinney, David Cutcliffe, and Mike Riley.

As the author of the research states in the Reddit/CFB comments, he thought the research was pointless at first, but ended up learning a lot from it, and was able to formulate some additional questions as well.

“To be honest, I thought it was pointless when I compiled, it but, like most of these stats, you learn things from what stands out in them. Like, what has Alabama and Iowa done to produce coaches who have coached over 600 game each? Why is Kent State #3 on the list of most games coached? What makes Cincinnati #1 on the list? The pursuit of those answers were interesting to me.”

In all actuality, I’m not exactly sure what can be learned from this, but it’s interesting nonetheless. Big props to KTFFAN who logged the tedious research.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
I mean, really interesting stuff, if you know nothing about the football powerhouse that is Kent State University.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
And that's just dudes who actually played for Hayden it doesn't count his 9 billion former assistants who went on to be a head coach.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Btw the Cradle of Coaches is really cool and if you're ever in the area of Bumfuck Ohio you should stop by and take a gander

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MourningView posted:

And that's just dudes who actually played for Hayden it doesn't count his 9 billion former assistants who went on to be a head coach.

Bill Snyder's 187–94–1 counts for William Jewell, don't try to take this away from them.

e: Once again I forgot he went to Mizzou for a year. It seems like something I'd remember but I never do until I look him up.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

How close is Bumfuck to Cleveland

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
That's a nice little table for showing where coaches graduated from. I'd like to see a nice little table for showing where coaches got their start as assistants.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

Ehud posted:

How close is Bumfuck to Cleveland

Closer to Indiana than Cleveland

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

MourningView posted:

UA does dope "classic" uniforms too though. See: Navy, Auburn.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

aquaper posted:

I can just imagine MGoBlog after the AD posts a pic of the new jerseys in a Michigan flag motif.

The Michigan state flag is really boring and dumb.

People would be pissed about anything based on it, not just Michigan uniforms.

We've had plenty of bad jerseys the last few years, anyway.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Wait Miss State hired Manny Diaz and nobody told me? I'll be curious to see how it goes. He was definitely thrown under the bus by a desperate and cornered Mack Brown, but on the other hand Greg Goddamn Robinson took over and those same players held Oregon's offense to 2 TD's and a field goal.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Deteriorata posted:

The Michigan state flag is really boring and dumb.

People would be pissed about anything based on it, not just Michigan uniforms.

We've had plenty of bad jerseys the last few years, anyway.

They should do the Detroit flag even though they're not based there.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Way to steal Pennsylvania's flag, Michigan.

Everyone knows Virginia's flag is the best, because it has a titty on it.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

computer parts posted:

They should do the Detroit flag even though they're not based there.

The Lannisters, Boy Scouts, a tire fire, and 2 lesbians.

What an awful flag.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Crotch Bat posted:

The Lannisters, Boy Scouts, a tire fire, and 2 lesbians.

What an awful flag.

The Latin literally says "we will rise from the ashes" too.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

lamentable dustman posted:

He got a little redemption for making GBS threads on Oklahoma.

A little...

Yeah, I will definitely give that to him. Stoudt looked great against Oklahoma. :unsmith:

Heh, Sir Cum Spice...

Scarf fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Apr 7, 2015

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
It has the most important parts of a flag, fleur de lis and lions

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Holy poo poo is that a city burning on that flag? How loving prophetic.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Scarf posted:

Holy poo poo is that a city burning on that flag? How loving prophetic.

It's a reference to the fire of 1805 that almost completely leveled the city.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

MourningView posted:

Nike loves ugly crap too.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Scarf posted:

Heh, Sir Cum Spice...
The Latin is hilarious: "If you seek a pleasant peninsula, look around you."

It's a play off the memorial for Christopher Wren, who was among other things the architect of a cathedral in England, where it says "if you seek his monument, look around you" (si monumentum requiris, circumspice). Which happens to also be the title of a great album by the band Deathspell Omega :black101:

Kim Jong Il posted:

Nike loves ugly crap too.

Is that dandruff

Ghost of Reagan Past fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Apr 7, 2015

• Locked thread