Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

The Piper posted:

Valtar, can you play soon?

Yes, give me a few

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
You've gotten really good at user picks. Well played. Steelers back to the Super Bowl

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

The Piper posted:

You've gotten really good at user picks. Well played. Steelers back to the Super Bowl

Some of those I felt bad about because my guy was turned around. GG, your defense always gives me problems.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
havoc when can you do this

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Dubious posted:

havoc when can you do this

I can start in the next 15 if you want to play tonight. If not, I have my usual hours M-F from about 6 central to 10ish central every night!

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Havoc904 posted:

I can start in the next 15 if you want to play tonight. If not, I have my usual hours M-F from about 6 central to 10ish central every night!

lets knock it out now

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Whoever wins I won't have a night off until Thursday, I'm sorry if that slows things up. The next three nights I won't be available until after 11 pm est.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
unfuckingbelievable.

you get the bullshit everytime.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Dubious posted:

unfuckingbelievable.

you get the bullshit everytime.

I feel like some kind of gameshark god as blessed me whenever we play a game. I can't imagine how frustrated you are right now.

For everyone else, the game went like this: Dubious was playing great defense in the first half, picking off three of my quarterbacks passes with his linebacker corps. Somehow, I stayed in the game. I was down 27 to 21 when I got the ball back with about 3 minutes to go in the game. I preceeded to march down the field and score a touchdown to go up by 1 point with about a minute and a half left on the clock. On the kickoff return, Dubious's returner does some good moves and only as to shake another two guys to go all the way. One of my players hits him with a pretty standard hit, and his returner fumbles the ball as he is going down. I recover and end up winning the game by running out the clock.

The computer didn't review the fumble at all, despite the play looking like the guy's knee might have been down. Even if it had reviewed, it was still a really crappy way to end the game and not give Dubious a drive to win the game (especially since he was only down by 1 point and only would have had to get within field goal range to win the the game).

I had no business winning that game after throwing those 3 picks in the first half. Somehow my defense bent but didn't break, but still. Its just real lovely that despite all that, you didn't get a chance for that last drive.

I have no idea why I have come up on the fortunate side of a bunch of our games in this league. :(

Sorry Dubious

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Madden's gonna Madden. Them's the breaks. Short Thug would always find an amazing brain breaking way of beating me in M25.

:siren: SUPERBOWL :siren:

Weeks advanced

Cowboys/Steelers - A 70's grudgematch reborn in 2015 or 16, whatever year were in, in game.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Apr 6, 2015

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Rad Valtar posted:

Whoever wins I won't have a night off until Thursday, I'm sorry if that slows things up. The next three nights I won't be available until after 11 pm est.

I can stay up and we can get our game in around 11:30 est tonight if that works for you? That will give you an extra 30 minutes after you get home to get ready and everything.

Looking forward to our rematch from the first week of the season! I don't think I will be able to bottle up Bell like I did in that game.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

I'm going to Coachella this week and probably missing the draft. But FA by Wednesday night and I could still do that hopefully!

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Havoc904 posted:

I can stay up and we can get our game in around 11:30 est tonight if that works for you? That will give you an extra 30 minutes after you get home to get ready and everything.

Looking forward to our rematch from the first week of the season! I don't think I will be able to bottle up Bell like I did in that game.

That sounds good, it's possible I could get home a little earlier. Ill message you when I'm ready.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Paperback Writer posted:

I'm going to Coachella this week and probably missing the draft. But FA by Wednesday night and I could still do that hopefully!

Wooooo, have fun! I haven't been to a Coachella since 2009, but I massively preferred to the couple of Bonnaroos I went to. Looks like we will be getting in our game tonight, so you should definitely at least be able to do free agency before Thursday.

Rad Valtar posted:

That sounds good, it's possible I could get home a little earlier. Ill message you when I'm ready.

Works for me, I will keep my eye on here and on the ps4. I will probably have the ps4 set up to watch something on Hulu or HBO Go, so I should be online most of the evening.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Paperback Writer posted:

When are you leaving for it? If we get through free agency we could do it by Thursday night.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Rad Valtar posted:

When are you leaving for it? If we get through free agency we could do it by Thursday night.
Pretty much right when I wake up Thursday. It's cool, I'm not too mad about missing it.

Havoc904 posted:

Wooooo, have fun! I haven't been to a Coachella since 2009, but I massively preferred to the couple of Bonnaroos I went to. Looks like we will be getting in our game tonight, so you should definitely at least be able to do free agency before Thursday!
Thanks. 2009 was my first year going(Thanks Paul McCartney. Heh... my username) and I haven't missed one since.

Paperback Writer fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Apr 6, 2015

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

I'd have ragequit over this game if i didnt get laid afterwards.

i didnt even stick around to watch you win it, i threw the controller after that fumble and walked away.

Dubious fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Apr 6, 2015

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

I think I'm done with madden for this year. The game is just a chore to play when compared to The Show.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
I can probably do 11 Havoc I'll message you when I get home

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Stream going up http://www.twitch.tv/radvaltar

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Steelers win 24-14! My rookie qb did not fare well against a stout Steelers defense, throwing 6 interceptions. I'm just happy I was still in the game in the 4th quarter after all those picks. I actually got really lucky after I pulled within ten points in the 4th and got a fumble on a kickoff return, but I proceeded to throw another interception instead of pulling within a score. I like my players dropped like 8 interceptions as well, so that was the major deciding factor.

Great game and congrats Rad! Really good defensive efforts on both ends and it was great to see you win the whole season after a lovely start to the season.

I am becoming like the Bills of all Madden leagues. I can get to the superbowl, but I can never win one! Oh well, still happy I got this far and ready for the offseason.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Havoc904 posted:

I actually got really lucky after I pulled within ten points in the 4th and got a fumble on a kickoff return, but I proceeded to throw another interception instead of pulling within a score.

you used up that mojo on my fumble, im afraid

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Havoc904 posted:

Steelers win 24-14! My rookie qb did not fare well against a stout Steelers defense, throwing 6 interceptions. I'm just happy I was still in the game in the 4th quarter after all those picks. I actually got really lucky after I pulled within ten points in the 4th and got a fumble on a kickoff return, but I proceeded to throw another interception instead of pulling within a score. I like my players dropped like 8 interceptions as well, so that was the major deciding factor.

Great game and congrats Rad! Really good defensive efforts on both ends and it was great to see you win the whole season after a lovely start to the season.

I am becoming like the Bills of all Madden leagues. I can get to the superbowl, but I can never win one! Oh well, still happy I got this far and ready for the offseason.

It was a pretty sloppy game all around. I made a bunch of bad reads and got lucky. You did a great job of bottling up Bell. The difference was turnovers because I was having trouble moving the ball. Can't believe I actually won the Super Bowl with how lovely I was playing earlier in the year. I was on the verge of just quitting Madden at one point because I was frustrated with my team.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Resigned Polamalu again, I just can't quit you.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
resigned what i wanted to. Lucky for me, i have nobody important in a contract year except my ss who i had to franchise, and im entering FA with actual money.

Maclin is available for a 2nd, hes locked up for years, i just have too many wideouts. Or for a CB.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

on second thought, I don't even need a WR.

drat I couldn't resign DJ Hayden or Watson my RT. And I'm loving broke. But I'm r2a.

Paperback Writer fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Apr 7, 2015

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Dubious posted:

resigned what i wanted to. Lucky for me, i have nobody important in a contract year except my ss who i had to franchise, and im entering FA with actual money.

Maclin is available for a 2nd, hes locked up for years, i just have too many wideouts. Or for a CB.

I want to see whats available in free agency, which I'm guessing might be garbage, but I might be interested. Plus his contract is very appealing. Would you take a 3rd and a 5th?

Also are we getting an advance tonight?

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
I need to do scouting and resiging so please hold off on advancing until I get home at like 6 pst.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
Good luck in free agency, Geno Smith

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
All done.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
fa day 1, lots of old guys in their twilight

and geno smith who wants a 100m contract.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Also Dubious I'm interested in Maclin.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

This sucks, a lot of juicy talent and I have less than a million dollars.

Since I'm missing the draft, I have all my premium picks on the table right now. I need a HB, LT, CB, and FS.

Paperback Writer fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Apr 8, 2015

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
rta

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Paperback Writer posted:

This sucks, a lot of juicy talent and I have less than a million dollars.

Since I'm missing the draft, I have all my premium picks on the table right now. I need a HB, LT, CB, and FS.

I have an 83 overall RT named Eben Britton that has started at LT for me the last couple of years make me an offer.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Rad Valtar posted:

I have an 83 overall RT named Eben Britton that has started at LT for me the last couple of years make me an offer.
A 3rd?

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

That sounds good I'll send it when I get home.

Let me know about Maclin Dubious.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

1st or 2nd for a HB anyone?

we advancing tonight?

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Paperback Writer posted:

1st or 2nd for a HB anyone?

we advancing tonight?

What would you offer for DeMarco Murray?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Havoc904 posted:

What would you offer for DeMarco Murray?
Oo yeah I want Murray. He's worth a 1 for sure, I could toss in a 4 as well?

Rad, I sent you the offer.

Paperback Writer fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Apr 9, 2015

• Locked thread