Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I would guess the election too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
I'm rebellious so I'll say Mance's burning.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/george-r-r-martin-developing-hbo-series-captain-cosmos-20150405

quote:

While Game of Thrones fans anxiously wait for George R.R. Martin to complete the sixth book in the A Song of Ice and Fire saga, the author has already set his sights on another project: A new television series titled Captain Cosmos about "a visionary young writer creates a science fiction series that tells stories no one else will dare to tell," Entertainment Weekly reports.

In 2013, as Game of Thrones was on the cusp of becoming the most watched program in HBO's history, Martin inked a two-year development deal with the cable network to create new series. While Martin has dedicated much of his time to the much anticipated book The Winds of Winter, he still worked on the idea for Captain Cosmos. According to EW, the series will take place "at the dawn of the age of TV in 1949."

HBO has yet to formally announce Captain Cosmos. With the fifth season of Game of Thrones set to premiere April 12th, Martin admits that it's important for him to complete The Winds of Winter prior to Season Six's arrival in 2016. "I wish it was out now," Martin told EW. "Maybe I'm being overly optimistic about how quickly I can finish. But I canceled two convention appearances, I'm turning down a lot more interviews—anything I can do to clear my decks and get this done."
:catstare:

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Captain Cosmos? HBO can't really be taking this seriously.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
We know he has three shows in development with HBO. So now we know what one is.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Hopefully it will be one of those "here's my idea, hire writers to write it for me and i can cash the checks and buy more Deloreans".

I honestly am interested to see what Shireen and Gilly have to say to each other. I feel Shireen is what Cersei thinks she is.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

twistedmentat posted:

I feel Shireen is what Cersei thinks she is.

Doomed?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

No smart.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Pretty sure the election is the thing that feels rushed. They probably had to do some last-second rewrites after the actor playing Denys Mallister died about two days into shooting.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I have no idea who 90% of these names are and I thank god that because of the show I'll never need to.

I swear to god there's more third string nobodies introduced in the books than there are hyper-indulgent food and booze descriptions.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Irish Joe posted:

Victarion's quest to cuck his brother

cuck! XD

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year

Beeez posted:

The Greyjoy stuff is mostly awesome and the Aegon plotline has the potential to be interesting and cool and I've always felt that way. Besides, most people who post in this thread seem to love D&D changing poo poo because they think of it as proof that their hate boner for post-ASOS GRRM is shared by the show writers, even though every season they hate almost every change the show makes.

I'm guessing the latter.

People can say that D&D made the correct decision in changing certain things while fumbling the execution of the changes.

I'm cool with everything so far in theory, just wanna see it make good television. Brienne vs the Hound was cool. Jon fighting the mutineers was not.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Mike N Eich posted:

People can say that D&D made the correct decision in changing certain things while fumbling the execution of the changes.

I'm cool with everything so far in theory, just wanna see it make good television. Brienne vs the Hound was cool. Jon fighting the mutineers was not.

Hardhome is looking awesome. I remember reading the book, and Jon gets the letter about Hardhome, and I thought, drat, I wish we could see what was going on there. And now we get to!

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I can say for myself that I absolutely don't hate almost every change the show makes. I think that's hyperbole. Some things I like, some things I don't. There's plenty that I don't like about Feast and Dance too, and plenty that I do. I'll see what I think about Season 5.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Apr 7, 2015

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Mike N Eich posted:

Jon fighting the mutineers was not.

Burn Gorman owns and his scenes gave us him calling Rast a ballsack and I wouldnt trade that for anything

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

i can't wait to see janos slynt get his head chopped off

Jorghnassen
Oct 1, 2007
Glouton des fjords
Well, while we still have six days to wait until there's a new episode, Sesame Street is getting into the Game of Thrones parody action. It's pretty good and spoilery (for past events, unless a Greyjoy pays the Iron Price for the Iron Throne).

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

romanowski posted:

i can't wait to see janos slynt get his head chopped off

This is the one thing I'm really looking forward to this season, so they better get it right

Big Bug Hug
Nov 19, 2002
I'm with stupid*

twistedmentat posted:

I honestly am interested to see what Shireen and Gilly have to say to each other. I feel Shireen is what Cersei thinks she is.
Gilly is probably going to be a Val stand-in. She'll think Shireen is a monster and should be killed.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Regy Rusty posted:

This is the one thing I'm really looking forward to this season, so they better get it right

Jon's going to whisper "only your sister" into his ear as he stabs him. Or hangs him.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Apr 7, 2015

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Wow, Kennedy really lucked out being in the winning team, because she was definitely the weakest part of the team, and her runway look was just an absolute mess.

But good for Katya on that win, and Jayden's lip sync was probably the best we've seen this season so far, in a season full of lackluster lip syncs.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Nihonniboku posted:

Wow, Kennedy really lucked out being in the winning team, because she was definitely the weakest part of the team, and her runway look was just an absolute mess.

But good for Katya on that win, and Jayden's lip sync was probably the best we've seen this season so far, in a season full of lackluster lip syncs.

I can't see why people are being reasonable with their criticisms of D&D when they added lip sync battles to GRRM's glorious vision of Westeros.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.

Nihonniboku posted:

This season is going to confirm so many theories.

Vivek
Jun 27, 2007

Proposition Joe posted:

I can't see why people are being reasonable with their criticisms of D&D when they added lip sync battles to GRRM's glorious vision of Westeros.

Is beatboxing next?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Guo2Q424td4

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
People keep assuming that they are marrying Sansa off to Ramsay this season and my defenses are beginning to break down. D&D are going to do that and its going to be stupid and terrible.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Zippy the Bummer posted:

People keep assuming that they are marrying Sansa off to Ramsay this season and my defenses are beginning to break down. D&D are going to do that and its going to be stupid and terrible.

Alternatively it can be a giant gently caress you to GRRM and Frey pie and they'll just slaughter Ramsay/most of the Boltons. Either way they're loving with one of the few things that's great in the last two books because everything in Winterfell from the time the Boltons get there is loving fantastic.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Nihonniboku posted:

You know, maybe there are way too many third-string nobodies

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

FYI, for those who want to be spoiled, here is a link to the spoilers for the first four episodes:

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/95104068.html

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

In It For The Tank posted:

FYI, for those who want to be spoiled, here is a link to the spoilers for the first four episodes:

Yeah I read that and a lot of it sounds loving awful. I hope it's at least partly fake. But I know it isn't.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

I think it's mixing true leaks with fake ones to seem plausible and troll book-readers. The screeners only got the first four episodes and this is part of the summary of episode 5, Kill the Boy:
"Jon swings his sword" which heavily suggests this will be the block fetching episode.

Whereas the livejournal posts talks about it being "Olly fetch me my sword" which seems calculated to annoy the people who disliked the 'your sister' change.

It also makes Littlefinger appear ridiculously pathetic and stupid, which while keeping up with show-Littlefinger's portrayal is just... I don't believe it.

Wardeness? Really?

Beeez
May 28, 2012
If a kid as young as Tommen can be portrayed having sex, I wonder why they needed to age up the characters after all. Also, most of this sounds pretty bad, but Littlefinger meeting Roose Bolton sounds like something you'd have to try really hard to not make awesome.

Beeez fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Apr 7, 2015

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

:stare: That one thing can't be real. There's no way they out Gurmed GRRM

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
The only way that Sansa marrying Ramsay would work is if the Boltons and LF were willing to go to war with the south...again. Since you know, everyone thinks Sansa helped kill Joffrey and are all looking for her to arrest her. It makes no sense at all.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

Sophie Turner:

quote:

"You could say it’s a dark season for her. It’s definitely a dark season for her. She just escaped King’s Landing, and she goes back to a place where she becomes somewhat of a prisoner again. Despite being a prisoner again, she plays it out very differently this time compared to before. She tries to take command and begins to manipulate the people who are keeping her prisoner—which is nice."

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/03/game-thrones-sophie-turner-interview-season-5

Yeah, she's gonna be betrothed to Ramsay.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

How will Ramsay take littlefinger constantly mouth smooching his betrothed?

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Ok thats it, I am bailing out of this thread.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

whatever7 posted:

Ok thats it, I am bailing out of this thread.

Goodbye

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

zVxTeflon posted:

How will Ramsay take littlefinger constantly mouth smooching his betrothed?

He's apparently called back to King's Landing so he just leaves Sansa with the Boltons.

I know.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

He's apparently called back to King's Landing so he just leaves Sansa with the Boltons.

I know.

It's like they've specifically designed every aspect of Showfinger to make me roll my eyes so hard they stick.

Biggest loving dumbass in the entire show, no question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Cool idea: Sansa-as-Alayne runs around Winterfell undermining the Boltons and helping Theon regain his identity.
loving awful idea: Sansa gets raped by Ramsay after Littlefinger leaves her alone for no reason.

Thanks to Iwan and Sophie's comments, I think it's clear which option D&D went with.

• Locked thread