Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Man, the best friends play wiki is a funny/creepy place. I go there occasionally to get links to videos I've forgotten about and there is a page on each member of the zaibatsu, and for the longest time Matt's was the only one without a last name because he apparently has never given it away unlike the other 3 duders. I looked at the comments on his page and the SAME DAY it got mentioned somewhere, it got added to the page. Wikis for real life people are so weird. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You mentioning the wiki made me look at it and I saw Liam's page and saw he was the same age as me and I am sorta mad about this now.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Beef Waifu posted:

You mentioning the wiki made me look at it and I saw Liam's page and saw he was the same age as me and I am sorta mad about this now.

Same but now I'm mad about you being the same age as me.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It's a very anime age, as it turns out.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
It would just be sad if you were older

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

CJacobs posted:

Man, the best friends play wiki is a funny/creepy place.

Fan wikis can be creepy because sometimes, through obsession or whatever, they wind up knowing more about the people than the people know about themselves.

- On 4/7/15 Matt received word from his doctor that a mole he had on his right buttcheek was more than a benign mole. We wish him the best in his future endeavors.

*looks on 4/6/15 and begins to sweat*

Also checking it, Pat and I are the same age and slowly starting to match on hairline. That's... really depressing.

Commissar Ken fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Apr 6, 2015

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
It's nice getting a reminder that I'm not the only nerd in here that's in their early 30s. :razz:

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
the age of animerius

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Beef Waifu posted:

Stop being so loving young.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Stop being old.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Beef Waifu posted:

Stop being old.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Beef Waifu posted:

Stop being old.

You'll be there soon enough!

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Beef Waifu posted:

Stop being old.

Get off my lawn, nerd.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stop not being my age.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I HATE YOU, AND I HATE THE BANDS YOU LIKE.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
This bloodborne playthough is gonna be LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

"People don't want a week of Gascoigne"

I'm hoping next update just rips of Maximillian doods WEEK OF title cards with Gascoigne in it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Matt's Pat's Bomb-rear end Week Of Gascoigne

edit: Pat Stares At Gascoigne and the video's just like 150 hours long

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I, for one, cannot wait for Father Gazza Plays.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

"People don't want a week of Gascoigne"

I'm hoping next update just rips of Maximillian doods WEEK OF title cards with Gascoigne in it.

This would be amazing.

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
Holy poo poo Woolie shot right off that cliff.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Goons seem to operate on JRPG logic of being 30 making you old.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I was going to go smugly proclaim to Slowbeef that he's a total scrub compared to Woolie and pat, surely if he can beat Gascoine in one or two shots it would be a breeze for pro cool dudes woolie and pat.

Thanks for proving me wrong woolie. thanks.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Al-Saqr posted:

I was going to go smugly proclaim to Slowbeef that he's a total scrub compared to Woolie and pat, surely if he can beat Gascoine in one or two shots it would be a breeze for pro cool dudes woolie and pat.

Thanks for proving me wrong woolie. thanks.

Now now, give Diabetus some credit. He does a decent job pointing stuff out for Slowbeef, etc.

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Apr 6, 2015

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

havenwaters posted:

Now now, give Diabetus some credit. He does a decent job pointing stuff out for Slowbeef, etc.

His real job is providing the voices for the crows.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm glad I'm not the only one watching their playthroughs side by side. The fact that they're basically both making the same amount of progress in the same amount of time is making me happy :allears:

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Aha! Matt is totally off the hook with the bad ending on Rev 2 since Pat used his mutant button bashing powers to force the scene to advance.

I wound up with the bad ending too since on Single Player you can swap between the two during that scene and I was certain trying to make Moira do it would end in a insta-death.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's kinda bullshit too, they don't even signify that you can switch characters in that scene until AFTER you've had time to mash. So you have to deliberately not mash, wait for the prompt to come up, and then switch to Moira while Claire is getting mauled and watch her slowly crawl forward and wait for HER button mash prompt to come up. Totally mind-boggling.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Haha oh man they're totally gonna get the bad ending. drat it Pat.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

I don't doubt they're gonna do both. Quite a bit more game with the good one and nobody can resist those lines.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

People who make bad endings happen from completely innocuous or from promts that there's no way to tell what's gonna happen should get bad reviews out of principle.

"durrr hurr you pushed a button in an ACTION SEQUENCE so you get a bad ending and we get to waste a few hours of your life durr hurr"

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

People who make bad endings happen from completely innocuous or from promts that there's no way to tell what's gonna happen should get bad reviews out of principle.

"durrr hurr you pushed a button in an ACTION SEQUENCE so you get a bad ending and we get to waste a few hours of your life durr hurr"

Why should the game get a bad review because of that? RER2 is AWESOME, and the trigger for the ending does make sense anyway.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Why should the game get a bad review because of that? RER2 is AWESOME, and the trigger for the ending does make sense anyway.

I'm being hyperbolic, but no, you shouldn't make that kind of massive ending difference in a situation where it's almost QTE levels of response time. I loving hate games that have good and bad endings and not be clear about it, Unless I'm playing games that have clear narrative choices and consequences, I don't have the time of day to play through entire games or sequences twice, so I only get one chance to get a first impression and an ending be the one I get exposed to first, if I work at a game for hours, only to be rewarded by a poo poo ending thanks to something I could've NEVER figured our or foreseen, then gently caress that type of game. it leaves an incredibly bitter taste in my mouth.

Like imagine if responding to the Krauzer fight in RE4 by NOT pushing the button on the screen was the actual 'saves the day on a bitchin jetski' ending we all know and love, but if you DID push the button VIOLENTLY flashing on the screen, then woops! You wont find out until the very end of the game that Salazar wins and gently caress you you have to go back and reclaim hours of your life to wash that taste off.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Apr 7, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Considering you can't do the qte as Moira at all until she crawls forward (which you aren't in control of) and you can do the qte at any time as Claire even after she gets grabbed harder and Moira's qte pops up... no, that's poo poo and makes no sense even if the cutscene does show the gun landing by Moira. I really really really love the game and I think that's retarded.

maybeflan
May 15, 2014
Looks like the podcast's up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HSe-2RuF9s

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013
Yeah they're going to be doing both endings. They talked about it a couple podcasts ago.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Either way, today's Rev 2 video was really enjoyable.

"I'll kill you later!"

"NO KILL HER NOW." :argh:

EDIT: also Matt's triumphant YEAH at the elusive shiny was great too.

Compendium fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Apr 7, 2015

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Week of Papa G, month of Blood starved beast

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Depths posted:

Week of Papa G, month of Blood starved beast

a glorious month

Adbot