Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

On the battle of 5 armies, what does it mean that "any card effects that affect the current quest can only affect the quest phase chosen." does that mean that the failure effects at the end of the round for the 3 battles only activate for the objective chosen, or all of them thereby guaranteeing that 2 objectives will fail each round.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Steward's Fear has been out of print for months. I've had 3 proxies of those drat Gondorian shields forever. It's supposed to be on a boat right now though so hopefully it will be in stores in a month or so.

Ok, that's not so bad then. I don't mind waiting a month or two, Black Riders and Road Darkens should keep me busy in the meantime. I was worried that it'd just recently gone OOP and it would be 6+ months before a reprint.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Baron Porkface posted:

On the battle of 5 armies, what does it mean that "any card effects that affect the current quest can only affect the quest phase chosen." does that mean that the failure effects at the end of the round for the 3 battles only activate for the objective chosen, or all of them thereby guaranteeing that 2 objectives will fail each round.)

Looking at Stages 2, 3, and 4 of The Battle of Five Armies, none of them mention "current quest", so the card text is always active. However, progress tokens are not removed except by card effects, so it's not guaranteed that 2 of the quest stages' Forced reactions will trigger each round. Looking at the rest of the cards in the quest, it seems likely that progress will be removed from phases that aren't being focused on, but that's because of those card effects, not from any game rule.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Finally ordered Voice of Isengard with my The Lost Realm order.
Wednesday will be a fun night :)

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Some more spoiled Chaos cards from Isha: https://twitter.com/tacsquad/status/584880046063669248

Nobody is sure how the gently caress we're supposed to use Doom Siren

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

MisterShine posted:

Seem pretty obviously. It's 2 shields.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

MisterShine posted:

Some more spoiled Chaos cards from Isha: https://twitter.com/tacsquad/status/584880046063669248

Does Chaos even have any area effect abilities besides that one AE3 demon (who is a pretty boss unit, generally). Oh, and I guess the one use nurgle grenades, if you want to spend 3 cards to do AE2 on 3 planets. Which could, theoretically, be a huge swing.

I can't even think of any Ork or DE units that have area effect. This is especially surprising with Orks, since they do so much mass damage already.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
I can certainly see having one or two in a deck in case I get a chance to pull off something huge with it. New Elite Daemon looks pretty cool, too. Guess we'll be getting a Slaanesh Warlord next cycle?

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
DE has an AoE 1 unit. The Chaos Bloodletters won't work with the Doom Siren though. The Elite Demon looks fantastic for my Throne of Vainglory deck. I've got all the cultists anyway - and they have so many uses in a Demon deck.

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

New Slaanesh warlord has AoE cocaine orgies: coming next cycle

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Wow "Safe locations" in the 3rd Angmar Awakens AP sound really interesting.
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/4/6/across-the-ettenmoors/

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

MisterShine posted:

Remove from package, place directly in toilet.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

ChiTownEddie posted:

Wow "Safe locations" in the 3rd Angmar Awakens AP sound really interesting.
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/4/6/across-the-ettenmoors/

Wow, those do sound neat. We've had variations of locations with beneficial effects throughout the game, so I guess this a natural extension of that. Almost makes you want to use A Watchful Peace, though they'll probably have victory points.

Fetterkey
May 5, 2013

Even without the events of forty years ago, I think man would still be a creature that fears the dark.

GrandpaPants posted:

Does Chaos even have any area effect abilities besides that one AE3 demon (who is a pretty boss unit, generally). Oh, and I guess the one use nurgle grenades, if you want to spend 3 cards to do AE2 on 3 planets. Which could, theoretically, be a huge swing.

I can't even think of any Ork or DE units that have area effect. This is especially surprising with Orks, since they do so much mass damage already.

The only way to use Doom Siren is with a Nurgle unit that also has Blight Grenades attached or with an allied Kabalite Strike Force. Both of those combos are very janky, so presumably this is one that's waiting for support elsewhere. While the card does provide two shields, the much more interesting Slaanesh's Temptation does as well.

mongol
Oct 11, 2005

Ronald Reagan? The actor!?
For those interested, I just posted my impressions for the Heroes and Allies in The Lost Realm: http://mirkwoodrunner.blogspot.com/2015/04/impressions-lost-realm-heroes-and-allies.html

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Taran_Wanderer posted:

Looking at Stages 2, 3, and 4 of The Battle of Five Armies, none of them mention "current quest", so the card text is always active. However, progress tokens are not removed except by card effects, so it's not guaranteed that 2 of the quest stages' Forced reactions will trigger each round. Looking at the rest of the cards in the quest, it seems likely that progress will be removed from phases that aren't being focused on, but that's because of those card effects, not from any game rule.

Removing progress counters doesn't matter, it's all about "no progress" So when I only go on one quest does that mean that i get punished from the other 2?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I've always played it as being punished by the non active ones. I would like to know if it's easier than I thought.

mongol
Oct 11, 2005

Amoeba102 posted:

I've always played it as being punished by the non active ones. I would like to know if it's easier than I thought.

It's as hard as you thought. You take the punishment from all of them.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Yeah, figured. When you're got an ambiguous case, the worst option for you is the correct option rule-wise.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

It really gets on my nerves how vauge the scenario rules can be and how FFG has a pathological hatred for redundancy in its instructions.

Baron Porkface fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Apr 7, 2015

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Wait does "no progress' mean no porgress counters? As opposed to no progress made this turn? This loving game...

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

No counters.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

The best rule of thumb when it comes to LotR is that the worst interpretation of the rules or card text you can think of for the survivability of your characters is always the intended one.

LotR loving hates you.

mongol
Oct 11, 2005

Carteret posted:

The best rule of thumb when it comes to LotR is that the worst interpretation of the rules or card text you can think of for the survivability of your characters is always the intended one.

LotR loving hates you.

Yea, but deep down, it loves you. I know every time it bloodies my nose, it's saying "you're special" :unsmith:

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Baron Porkface posted:

Wait does "no progress' mean no porgress counters? As opposed to no progress made this turn? This loving game...

Yeah, this is what I was getting at.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

mongol posted:

Yea, but deep down, it loves you. I know every time it bloodies my nose, it's saying "you're special" :unsmith:

Every time I draw a sneak attack and Gandalf, it's like if jrr Tolkien himself just patted me on the head. I will never stop slamming that combo on the table

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
It will never stop being awesome :)

So has anyone tried The Lost Realm's quests? My buddy's copy arrives today and mine tomorrow so we're hoping to play one then. God I am excited.

E: bahaha, definitely meant the Sneak Attack + Gandalf is awesome...not me.

ChiTownEddie fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Apr 7, 2015

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

ChiTownEddie posted:

I will never stop being awesome :)

So has anyone tried The Lost Realm's quests? My buddy's copy arrives today and mine tomorrow so we're hoping to play one then. God I am excited.

My copy is tied up in my freaking Treason of Saruman preorder. 5% discount ruinin mah liffffe

I still have a bunch of old scenarios to do like nightmares and gencon. I've also printed some proxies of cards like hero Legolas and Gimli alread

Max
Nov 30, 2002

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Every time I draw a sneak attack and Gandalf, it's like if jrr Tolkien himself just patted me on the head. I will never stop slamming that combo on the table

This always feels completely broken whenever I pull it off, but god drat if it didn't feel good to actually kill those trolls in the Hobbit Saga.

mongol
Oct 11, 2005

ChiTownEddie posted:

I've played Intruders in Chetwood. I'm working on an impressions entry for my blog. Short answer: It's difficult, but very satisfying.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

mongol posted:

I've played Intruders in Chetwood. I'm working on an impressions entry for my blog. Short answer: It's difficult, but very satisfying.

Wooooow. That quest is really cool. And HOLY CRAP did we get housed. Twice.
It is funny how much I can tell quests have changed and evolved because I am essentially skipping from Dwarrodelf/Hobbit/Black Riders, straight to this. (Just got VoI at the same time and I intend to two hand solo those). Catching up is fun :) So many new quests and mechanics to figure out.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

CoolStuffInc has some Warhammer and DoomTown on sale.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Do people that play LOTR on OCTGN hang out in the OP's IRC channel? (Lots of abbreviations)
I have a random schedule, but so do my friends that play LOTR and I'd like to try and play more if possible.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

ChiTownEddie posted:

Do people that play LOTR on OCTGN hang out in the OP's IRC channel? (Lots of abbreviations)
I have a random schedule, but so do my friends that play LOTR and I'd like to try and play more if possible.

Not so much. I'm usually hanging around to keep it open, but I haven't seen many people come in. I play LOTR though, so I'd be willing to play with you sometimes. I'm terrible, but it would be nice to play it more :)

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Taran_Wanderer posted:

Not so much. I'm usually hanging around to keep it open, but I haven't seen many people come in. I play LOTR though, so I'd be willing to play with you sometimes. I'm terrible, but it would be nice to play it more :)

Gotcha. I'll install IRC and start idling tonight. Maybe we can get the channel going :)

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

ChiTownEddie posted:

Gotcha. I'll install IRC and start idling tonight. Maybe we can get the channel going :)

You can also access the synirc server online through a browser. I use that to idle at work.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

ChiTownEddie posted:

OCTGN?

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Gaming platform that allows you to play LCGs online! http://www.octgn.net/ Check it out!

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

How does the lotr campaign log work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

ChiTownEddie posted:

Gaming platform that allows you to play LCGs online! http://www.octgn.net/ Check it out!

oh poo poo thank you