Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
Oh yissss... :britain:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Parliamentary politics. It's beautiful... :helladid:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

I love you Johan

Yuran M. Bazil
Jun 20, 2008

Shame that if you don't play as England you won't get to use this mechanic at all until the late game when constitutional monarchies/republics unlock.
Edit: oh wait there'll probably be a day one mod to unlock it for more government types ignore me

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Yuran M. Bazil posted:

Shame that if you don't play as England you won't get to use this mechanic at all until the late game when constitutional monarchies/republics unlock.
Edit: oh wait there'll probably be a day one mod to unlock it for more government types ignore me

It'd be pretty interesting if they could roll this mechanic into feudal monarchies as well, at least in some sort of way that progresses towards constitutional monarchies. In real life, many modern parliaments have their basis in the medieval era, where kings would call their vassals together periodically in order to beg them for money, really.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Drone posted:

It'd be pretty interesting if they could roll this mechanic into feudal monarchies as well, at least in some sort of way that progresses towards constitutional monarchies. In real life, many modern parliaments have their basis in the medieval era, where kings would call their vassals together periodically in order to beg them for money, really.

Yeah, I don't think England was meaningfully different from most of the other European countries for the first 200 years of the game or so. Still sounds like a good mechanic, looking forward to it.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
It may also mean that they're implementing domestic politics for other government types as well, but just didn't want to cover everything in one dev diary.

We can hope, anyway.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
Bleedin' hell, yes!

That said, I am a little wary of how in the screenshot it seems like each seat only ever has one issue it needs fulfilled at a time. Seems like it might be a bit limited, maybe? Especially if you end up trying to stack the deck by making seats of whichever provinces consistently bring up issues you feel most easily affordable. Relatedly, do seats ever get upset if their concerns are repeatedly and consistently ignored?

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR

axeil posted:

I honestly thought that was real.

...Can they make it real? I wanna see my counts and dukes tweeting stuff.

I might do it as a SI style dlc if I get some time free during the weekends. Too busy modding CS right now.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
Please make sure one of the tweets references rumors of a powerful gunpowder-armed empire "somewhere to the west" whether or not SI is installed, TIA.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

The next EU4 expansion is going to be basically everything I've ever wanted in EU.

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

DStecks posted:

The next EU4 expansion is going to be basically everything I've ever wanted in EU.

Everything you've ever wanted to date, but the Swedish cybersmiths will craft delights for you in their electroforges the likes of which you have never seen, every few months.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Dibujante posted:

Swedish cybersmiths will craft delights for you in their electroforges the likes of which you have never seen, every few months.

That's so going on my next business card
Groogy, Cybersmith

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Dibujante posted:

Everything you've ever wanted to date, but the Danish cybersmiths will craft delights for you in their electroforges the likes of which you have never seen, every few months.

Groogy posted:

That's so going on my next business card
Groogy, Cybersmith

FTFY

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Swedish Cybersmiths is the better band name though

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Is there a dev tracker or anything for the new Paradox forums?

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

What did you change?

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Rincewind posted:

Is there a dev tracker or anything for the new Paradox forums?

In a given thread up at the upper right you can click to see all the posts devs have made in that thread. Although I don't see a way to see if devs have commented on a user made thread, like you used to be able to, which is a little annoying. It was nice to be able to see they had commented on a specific issue or discussion. I might just be missing the marker though?

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
In the new forum we need to choose to "reply as a dev" which gives the marker - it seems to default to unmarked posts and people probably forget to change it when replying. Annoyingly, while you can change the setting when editing it doesn't actually mark the thread retroactively. It'll probably be sorted soon, new forum teething troubles is all.

Dibujante posted:

What did you change?

Groogy is from the south of Sweden, so we call him a Dane.

Unless that's :thejoke: and you are saying Swedes = Danes, in which case: :vince:

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Darkrenown posted:

In the new forum we need to choose to "reply as a dev" which gives the marker - it seems to default to unmarked posts and people probably forget to change it when replying. Annoyingly, while you can change the setting when editing it doesn't actually mark the thread retroactively. It'll probably be sorted soon, new forum teething troubles is all.

Groogy is from the south of Sweden, so we call him a Dane.

Unless that's :thejoke: and you are saying Swedes = Danes, in which case: :vince:

Tracking all dev posts even if they're about non dev stuff would be great, 1 page of dev stuff mixed with 1 page of banter is a much better ratio than 1 page to 20

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Any idea if HOI4 is going to have Linux support? CK2 does, EU4 does, Darkest Hour does, but not HOI2 or 3!

pdxjohan
Sep 9, 2011

Paradox dev dude.

COOL CORN posted:

Any idea if HOI4 is going to have Linux support? CK2 does, EU4 does, Darkest Hour does, but not HOI2 or 3!

Yes

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Getting p stoked about HoI4.

When can I preorder it?

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

COOL CORN posted:

Well those don't support it because they are from before we supported Linux and Mac. Unless anything changes everything going forward is going to have Linux and Mac support.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Wooper posted:

Getting p stoked about HoI4.

When can I preorder it?

Paradox, we really need a Hoi IV preorder, just so we can threaten to cancel it over every minor announcement.

In fact, I just cancelled my preorder because you refuse to offer a preorder.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I heard your infantry sprites start powerlifting if you leave them idle? Pre-order canceled.

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
I read somewhere that I can't have supply simulated down to platoon level. Pre-order canceled.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

I somewhere read that [insert favorite nation] doesn't start with the accurate[read best] army of their time. Pre-order canceled!
Like come on! Of course Luxembourg need to be able to fight of German invasion and French invasion at the same time!

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

I'm annoyed that political parties haven't been detailed yet. Pre-order cancelled, but I'm still gonna buy the game, I'm not that mad.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I read that I can't choose which firing pin to put in the rifle for my new infantry divisions, pre-order cancelled.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Phlegmish posted:

I heard your infantry sprites don't start powerlifting if you leave them idle? Pre-order canceled.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

[edit] How the hell did I end up in this thread? :confused:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Galaga Galaxian posted:

[edit] How the hell did I end up in this thread? :confused:

Pre-order cancelled

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Groogy posted:

Well those don't support it because they are from before we supported Linux and Mac. Unless anything changes everything going forward is going to have Linux and Mac support.

Is Linux support really that popular? I mean I like it and all, and it's useful for my old laptop that I put Ubuntu on, but I really can't imagine there's that many people who play paradox games on Linux.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Hey, is HOI4 a cool game? I'm thinking of pre-ordering it. I'm a big fan of wargames like Civ5.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Probably. You can manage production lines. Sexy, sexy production lines

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
No NATO symbols? Preorder cancelled TWICE.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Cannot form Byzantium Basileía Rhōmaíōn, preorder canceled.

GSD fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Apr 7, 2015

Athas
Aug 6, 2007

fuck that joker

Nitrousoxide posted:

Is Linux support really that popular? I mean I like it and all, and it's useful for my old laptop that I put Ubuntu on, but I really can't imagine there's that many people who play paradox games on Linux.

I certainly appreciate it. The increasing popularity of Linux support by game developers allowed me to finally ditch Windows completely, after ten years of having to maintain limping installations for gaming purposes. This has increased my peace of mind to a degree which is frankly not socially acceptable.

Of course, it probably won't last. As soon as Valve's Steambox idea crashes and burns, people will stop supporting Linux again, because I'd be surprised if the sales are large enough to really make a profit, unless the engine makes it almost no effort to support. Anyway, this is currently the golden age of Linux gaming, and I might as well enjoy it before the barbarians break down the gates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Nitrousoxide posted:

Its cheap to support and I enjoy programming more in Linux environment than Windows(But by Baldr's Balls OSX is a fuckin pain to work on) so I certainly don't mind doing it.
And no the gaming community of Linux is pretty small, hopefully Steam will change that.

• Locked thread