Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

maev posted:

Do I use the autoloader or the not-autoloader on the T-37 ?

T-37 I prefer the regular gun

Bulldog I prefer the auto loader

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enkalen
May 26, 2013

Fat Jesus posted:

Got my T7 clown car login bonus tonk. Every battle has 10 a side at least so you guys with B2's enjoy yourselves.

Had one from a while ago. Got a slot and 750 gold.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Teron D Amun posted:

a spall liner for the comedy ramming options, the M6 has one of the best power/weight ratios in game (just don't try to ram a KV)

unlocking the 90mm will also help you out in the T29 because you do not want to start with the 76mm in Tier7-9 matches it sees
This. The M6 is a hilarious rammer. Way back when I was still doing my T29 grind in it, I drove off the south-eastern lip hill in Artic Region and smacked a Hellcat with my LFP. One shot it and took no damage in return. No spall liner since I'm a cheapskate and don't put any non-Camo Net/Binocs on anything lower than T7 unless it's the special-est snowflake. (Rammer on the old KV-1S)

Hull down's hard since it's slightly chunkier than a T1 so hopefully you honed your 'peek-a-boom' skills from the T1 Heavy (hiding behind stuff, popping out, shooting things and reversing back with your supreme engine power.)

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
There's a mod that auto-equips/unequips repair kit, binocs and camo. Pretty useful to have on lower tier tanks.

Edit: didn't see the 'non-', so nevermind.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The lowest tier tank I put any consumable on is 5. Don't want to waste them plus it helps hone skills in the pubbie nightmare bracket.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Please use consumables on all your tanks :)

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Wait, you mean you don't use Coca-Cola on your Cunningham :confused:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Missing Name posted:

gold crew, gold ammo, gold consumables on that T1. If you're gonna play tier 1 matches to blow off steam, do it in style

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Missing Name posted:

I only have a single case! They're an antique that's going to be worth a lot of money far after they've gone sour! It belongs in a museum! (Also I haven't driven a Cunningham since I got tier 2 American tanks.)

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Azhais posted:

gold crew, gold ammo, gold consumables on that T1. If you're gonna play tier 1 matches to blow off steam, do it in style

If I don't use my 5-skill crew with chocolate in my tricked out L-traktor to vision snipe entire teams worth of pubbies how will they ever learn to play properly?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Ensign Expendable posted:

If I don't use my 5-skill crew with chocolate in my tricked out L-traktor to vision snipe entire teams worth of pubbies how will they ever learn to play properly?

Make sure you describe in detail every mistake they make. Gotta teach them forcefully.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

Hellsau posted:

Make sure you describe in detail every mistake they make. Gotta teach them forcefully.

Maybe explain to them in russian to show them a real pro is teaching them.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Chillyrabbit posted:

Maybe explain to them in russian to show them a real pro is teaching them.

Naw sometimes I'll do it in Brazilian so they can trust me.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

maev posted:

Do I use the autoloader or the not-autoloader on the T-37 ?

I tried to enjoy the autoloader. wasn't really worth it.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge

:argh:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

I was wondering for a second why you were using a stock gun on your M41 for a while, then I checked the chat, then I looked and said, "that's a Tiger 2 behind you dude" and then I checked that corpse again. 278 average WN8 in his Derpershing.

e: http://www.wotstats.org/stats/na/bytor62/

dude has 110 games in his Matilda and a 133 average WN8. The Tier 4 one. Yeah, the one that's literally impenetrable by most tier 3s and a lot of tier 4s.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Apr 7, 2015

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Was playing some arty over the weekend to try and get missions done. I'm in tier 5 arty and get Steppes south in a tier 7 match, and head to a spot just south of the cap circle in the bushes. Pretty happy as there's a lot of hp to go after, and it's an open map.

T25/2 pipes up with "Stock Gun"

I reply "It's the hellcat gun which is amazing"

"Whatever" is the reply. He's a 600 wn8 orange player, but I've seen worse...

I'm tunnel visioned a little on targets and then I look at my mini-map, when I notice that mr top tier T25/2 is behind me up in the hills on the map. So far back that there is no way he could even be in draw distance to the action on the map.

I ask "Why is there a TD behind the arty?"

No reply...

Then a Leo with 50hp breaks through and charges towards us. The T25/2 does shoot him, but only after he's lit all the arty on our team and says "That's why" :iceburn:

Our arty all got smoked (including me), we lost, and he ended the game with 1 kill and 50 damage done. What really grates me, is that I bet he feels justified in his decision, and will proceed to sit there in every tank he owns for the foreseeable future.

JustNorse
Feb 10, 2011

Mesadoram posted:

T-37 I prefer the regular gun

Bulldog I prefer the auto loader

I've only had the tank for a little while and unlocked the autoloader first. It is a blast when you can get behind someone and unload an entire clip in their rear. But too often I find myself not getting out of situations quickly enough because I want to unload just one more shot from the clip, so I'm switching to the regular gun for a bit once I unlock it.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

And right now is when I found out I missed a day, since I don't have my clown car :(

Zanziabar
Oct 31, 2010
drat, I can see why they got rid of the Lefh Boof

Babby's first Gore's Medal. Sincerely thought I was going to get my 3rd Pools as well for awhile there too.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
You guys made me waste precious time to look up my meaningless stats, but I found something:

They should add a VK3601 Konisch as tier6 premium, with the old stats on it. Don't think I've enjoyed any tank more than this one.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Tahirovic posted:

You guys made me waste precious time to look up my meaningless stats, but I found something:

They should add a VK3601 Konisch as tier6 premium, with the old stats on it. Don't think I've enjoyed any tank more than this one.

But if we don't look at some purple stats, how can we get our e-peens hard?

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

THOSE ARE THE PEOPLE YOU HAVE TO PLAY WITH

They just refuse to learn.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
To be honest, I'm pretty sure that person didn't even understand half of what you were saying. I mean, from a language standpoint.

That's what I most envy the US players, their pubbies at least speak the same language most of the time.

I'm actually pretty sure part of the reason I've never been chatbanned in this game is because so many players don't even understand I'm insulting them, because I keep calling them "illiterate drooling savages" or "knuckle-dragging paint huffers" instead of "gay poo poo noobs report".

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Nordick posted:

To be honest, I'm pretty sure that person didn't even understand half of what you were saying. I mean, from a language standpoint.

That's what I most envy the US players, their pubbies at least speak the same language most of the time.

I'm actually pretty sure part of the reason I've never been chatbanned in this game is because so many players don't even understand I'm insulting them, because I keep calling them "illiterate drooling savages" or "knuckle-dragging paint huffers" instead of "gay poo poo noobs report".

We got BRs and French Canadians. Don't be so envious.

T28 is a monster in tier 8 and below battles. It is kind of silly.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Mesadoram posted:

We got French Canadians. You should be envious.

Fixed it for you.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Mesadoram posted:

We got BRs and French Canadians. Don't be so envious.

T28 is a monster in tier 8 and below battles. It is kind of silly.

I am pretty sure the T28C is just better than the T28. The extreme traverse and no cupola on top gives it a very abusable armor layout. The T28 just has "shoot me here" domes on top and "shoot gold here" flat front plate with the engine behind it. Also it goes reasonably fast in a straight line even if it cannot turn at all.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Dalael posted:

Fixed it for you.

:cripes:

Edit: :flaccid:

Hellsau posted:

I am pretty sure the T28C is just better than the T28. The extreme traverse and no cupola on top gives it a very abusable armor layout. The T28 just has "shoot me here" domes on top and "shoot gold here" flat front plate with the engine behind it. Also it goes reasonably fast in a straight line even if it cannot turn at all.

I really need to finish the stug. I've been too lazy to finish the LT missions... Oddly enough the T28 Proto was the only tank I really want out of those.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Got mine last night (gently caress LT-15 to death, btw). Haven't taken it out for a spin yet... I was too spent and in my refractory period to tank.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Mesadoram posted:

We got BRs

I put the BR flag on all the tanks I enjoy and want to keep forever just as a little BR troll for good measure.

Also looks like noobmeter may be working again?

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Apr 7, 2015

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Nordick posted:

siema pl

Mephistopheles
Sep 24, 2003

How can I help you?

WitchFetish posted:

THOSE ARE THE PEOPLE YOU HAVE TO PLAY WITH

They just refuse to learn.

Speaking of people we play with... sometimes it is just impossible to carry a bad team.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1776673#tundra-2tanked2drive-elc_amx

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Does anyone here speak br? I'm at a loss as to how this whole thing started :saddowns:

we lost 14-1

it was worth it

Missing Name fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Apr 7, 2015

srb
Jul 24, 2007

Yesterday I saw 2 derp pershings, and neither were the guy in your screenshot. During the weekend I saw a derp patton, another derp pershing, and two derp T20s.

What is going on?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

srb posted:

Yesterday I saw 2 derp pershings, and neither were the guy in your screenshot. During the weekend I saw a derp patton, another derp pershing, and two derp T20s.

What is going on?

New players that don't know what they are doing/don't understand potential damage vs actual damage. It is sad really...

srb
Jul 24, 2007
You'd think that by tier 7, 8 and 9 they would have realized that armor penetration mechanics exist, and that the damage they deal is not the same as the damage listed.

It's even gated behind the turret upgrades. One of the derpshings was a 1k wn8 ("green") player who fired 104mm pen HEAT at the front of an IS-6 instead of attacking a RhmB from above with HE.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Over at Forgotten Weapons, there's a new video showing off a German anti-tank rifle.

clicky for PzB 39 goodness

Unfortunately, it's an auction piece and they don't fire it. But hey, legal everywhere in the US, even in Buttfuck New York, because it's only an 8mm :v:

The 7.92x94, of PzIc dakka fame.

one of you buy this please, I don't want some Nazi to destroy it for honor or something

who am I kidding, buy it because you'll be awesome to the rest of us

Missing Name fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Apr 7, 2015

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Missing Name posted:

Does anyone here speak br? I'm at a loss as to how this whole thing started :saddowns:

One made a dick joke, another got offended, things escalated, tk happened. You did god's work.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Excitement! Suspense! High speed chase! Horrible shitlords! T95 gameplay!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKTrUXoS39o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Unlocked the STA, gonna miss the Chi-Ri. It was a blast to play, in spite of the 48% winrate :smith: