Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bwee
Hello, this is dogcrash truther, please do not report infractions of the following rules with the report button. PM an IK instead. thank you - dct

No racism
No sexism

New rule 4/10/15: Break it and get probated... for charity!

Bwee posted:

Drilldo squirt is no longer allowed to post in BYOB

Tips for posting:

dogcrash truther posted:

Post about something that you're interested in. For exampl,e if you're interested in heavy metal, or macrame, post about it. find other people who think its interesting. inspire people to find it interesting. a good way to do this is not to make the thread about you. for instance, if you like macrame enough to post about it, you've probably done a lot of macrame, you know all the best macrame blogs, you have very specific ideas about what are the best and worst macrame strategies. dont post about any of that because it's all off-putting. instead, post about other cool macrame people, post about what makes macrame interesting, et.c

Post something funny you thought of, like a funny idea or situation, post about it in a way that gives room for other people to add their own "spin" to it.

Post ideas for a creative project and encourage others to participate or create their own similar projects.

Advanced: pretend to hold an opinion you don't actually have, the opinion should be strange or offensive enough to be interesting. try to get people to really believe it. its not important if they belivee that you believe it, it's important that eventually someone says "actually that makes sense"

Advanced: convince posters to commit different kinds of crimes

Advanced: post a thread which subtly encourages weak-minded posters to make fools of themselves

Advanced: craft a series of posts which involve sutble and complex appeals to the empathy of readers, in order to take them on an emotional journey that they will remember for the rest of their lives

Somebody fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Apr 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ron color

Mogren

Enlightened beast
Spirit among mortals
Spreader of wisdom
Forever watchful
Good kitty
:angelcatte:
Tomorrow nobody can post anime.

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Hold up buddy, what do you have against the anime?

----------------

Mogren

Enlightened beast
Spirit among mortals
Spreader of wisdom
Forever watchful
Good kitty
What I have against anime is that it's not against the rules (yet)

Mogren

Enlightened beast
Spirit among mortals
Spreader of wisdom
Forever watchful
Good kitty
Think of the animals. Probate for anime.

joke_explainer

Mogren posted:

What I have against anime is that it's not against the rules (yet)

OP already said no sexism/racism, that probably covers anime. I guess it depends on the anime. what animes are entirely not racist or sexist?

Pizzatime

I.N.R.I.'s gonna have a problem

Bwee

Wow... that's really sexy.

alnilam

Rule idea: any post that has perfect spelling, not a single misspelled word in it, is probatable if spotted by a mod

ulvir

alnilam posted:

Rule idea: any post that has perfect spelling, not a single misspelled word in it, is probatable if spotted by a mod

Bwee
deal

ron color
dont go crazy now

landy.
fukc phoneposting is going to be hard.

Bwee
actually thats a terrible rule never mind

a cloth map

No thanks. I'm a Government man.
Creating or posting in an "itt" thread is probatable.

Bwee

a cloth map posted:

Creating or posting in an "itt" thread is probatable.

i don't think anyone has done an itt in a long time

a cloth map

No thanks. I'm a Government man.

Bwee posted:

i don't think anyone has done an itt in a long time

Good.

Stormyish

No more than three swears in a sentence

Cyber Dog

kill whitey

everythingWasBees

please be nice

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

drilldo squirt

I'm cool, is a good tip for any new yobbers.

----------------

Diqnol

quote:

Advanced: craft a series of posts which involve sutble and complex appeals to the empathy of readers, in order to take them on an emotional journey that they will remember for the rest of their lives

The "Whats wrong with being a Social Justice Warrior" trick

Diqnol

Also, there's nothing wrong with simply replying to threads. Posting threads is good and all but if you don't have any ideas that speak to you enough to make a thread, simply do not make one. Threads that are "forced" like that are almost universally lovely.

dogcrash truther

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Also, there's nothing wrong with simply replying to threads. Posting threads is good and all but if you don't have any ideas that speak to you enough to make a thread, simply do not make one. Threads that are "forced" like that are almost universally lovely.

drilldo squirt

What if making threads are a means to an end?

----------------

Highly Unnecessary

rule suggestion: users that admit to smoking weed must submit a photo of their medical marijuana card or explain what medical condition they are treating and how it has helped them

drilldo squirt

What if I don't have a card and it's for recreational reasons?

----------------

Highly Unnecessary

drilldo squirt posted:

What if I don't have a card and it's for recreational reasons?

-_- you do know thats illegal right?

Mr. Snuggles

Orange Sunlight filters through the Dusk. The world turns and turns purple.

Highly Unnecessary posted:

-_- you do know thats illegal right?

News to me
:banjo:

--- Making the world a little brighter, one hug at a time. ---

everythingWasBees

Highly Unnecessary posted:

rule suggestion: users that admit to smoking weed must submit a photo of their medical marijuana card or explain what medical condition they are treating and how it has helped them

What if they livr in a state where it's legalized. Or even a country.

----------------

FluffieDuckie

everythingWasBees posted:

What if they livr in a state where it's legalized. Or even a country.

in other words "civilized places"

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

everythingWasBees

FluffieDuckie posted:

in other words "civilized places"

It's true. :(

----------------

SHISHKABOB

is that gollum

treasure bear

SHISHKABOB posted:

is that gollum

dobbie

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Cumt posted:

dobbie

*debbie

Pedantra

by Lowtax

lol

----------------

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

trick?

Scaly Haylie

dangit dobbie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pizzatime

pedantra is one of the original byob posters, it was an elaborate hoax. he's a 56 year-old caucasian male from texas

• Locked thread