Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Freakazoid_ posted:

Now we play the sequel, The crying game

Yes but where do I get an ABC file for that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Not being able to actually play the instruments still kind of bugs me.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Yeah, when they first announced it I thought you'd be able to hit keys on your keyboard and make stupid noises, not load .butt files and have the built-in player mangle the poo poo out of them. The current incarnation is kinda poo poo.just like the rest of the game
I'm also mad that you can't have a guitar you can bludgeon enemies with while playing it, but that's a different matter entirely.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
The breaking teleporter thing is pretty loving stupid, but I can see where magma is coming from. If you just put down your teleporters and then leave them when they are - a trivial task to accomplish - then you'll never even notice there's a problem.

It's like they gave you guys a button that, if pressed, will make a robot kick you in the dick. You could just not press the loving button and stick it in a cabinet somewhere out of sight, but instead all you guys are getting worked up about how much it's gonna suck when you inevitably can't hold back and press the button, knowing full well what will happen when you do, because getting worked up and being reactionary internet shitposters is the entire reason you are in this thread to being with.

Yes, it's pointless and lovely to create a feature that only harms you, and they never should have made it, but getting worked up about how life should be is retarded. Sometimes you just gotta accept that things will be flawed, so if a flaw is an easily avoidable one, then just don't engage with it, and you'll be a much happier person.

(dear magmarashi: that's why they can't let it go, they don't want to. they're trying as hard as they can to be as upset as possible, for mad comedy yo. admittedly, it ain't hard)

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

XboxPants posted:

The breaking teleporter thing is pretty loving stupid, but I can see where magma is coming from. If you just put down your teleporters and then leave them when they are - a trivial task to accomplish - then you'll never even notice there's a problem.

It's like they gave you guys a button that, if pressed, will make a robot kick you in the dick. You could just not press the loving button and stick it in a cabinet somewhere out of sight, but instead all you guys are getting worked up about how much it's gonna suck when you inevitably can't hold back and press the button, knowing full well what will happen when you do, because getting worked up and being reactionary internet shitposters is the entire reason you are in this thread to being with.

Yes, it's pointless and lovely to create a feature that only harms you, and they never should have made it, but getting worked up about how life should be is retarded. Sometimes you just gotta accept that things will be flawed, so if a flaw is an easily avoidable one, then just don't engage with it, and you'll be a much happier person.

(dear magmarashi: that's why they can't let it go, they don't want to. they're trying as hard as they can to be as upset as possible, for mad comedy yo. admittedly, it ain't hard)

I missed you.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

XboxPants posted:

Your new avatar sucks.

Also if I could press a button that made a robot kick me in the dick, and that by some miracle of science this act would teleport me across the cosmos, you can bet your rear end I would press the hell out of that button. Most of humanity would probably press this button, and the future of transportation would be filled with elaborate codpieces.
This is not a well-constructed analogy, is what I'm trying to say.

Cicadas! fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Apr 5, 2015

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Cicadas! posted:

Also if I could press a button that made a robot kick me in the dick, and that by some miracle of science this act would teleport me across the cosmos, you can bet your rear end I would press the hell out of that button. Most of humanity would probably press this button, and the future of transportation would be filled with elaborate codpieces.

Sometimes wonderful things come from this thread. This is the best thing I've read all day :allears:

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Cicadas! posted:

Your new avatar sucks.

This is not a well-constructed analogy, is what I'm trying to say.

No, it only kicks you in the dick. You have a separate button that teleports you, and that button has no dick-kicks.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

XboxPants posted:

No, it only kicks you in the dick. You have a separate button that teleports you, and that button has no dick-kicks.

Alright duly noted, but there's still the matter of consistency regarding the standards that have already been set in place, i.e. why my chair that was ordered from the same bizarre sadomasochistic manufacturer doesn't also kick me in the dick for pushing it under the table once I'm through sitting on it.
Either everything needs to kick me in the dick or nothing should kick me in the dick.

Cicadas! fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Apr 5, 2015

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Cicadas! posted:

Alright duly noted, but there's still the matter of consistency regarding the standards that have already been set in place, i.e. why my chair that was ordered from the same bizarre sadomasochistic manufacturer doesn't also kick me in the dick for pushing it under the table once I'm through sitting on it.
Either everything needs to kick me in the dick or nothing should kick me in the dick.

Yeah it shouldn't. You're right. Feel free to break your own poo poo for no reason, I hope you get a real sense of self-satisfaction out of it.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I always wear my xbox pants to protect my dick from starbound

Doggboat
Oct 17, 2012

XboxPants posted:

getting worked up about how life should be is retarded.
brb quoting this in D&D, E/N and pretty much everywhere

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

xboxpants why are you like this

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
Something terribly wonderful happened.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Afraid of Audio posted:

Something terribly wonderful happened.

Don't you mean...

Something Awful

:smug:

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

You know, all this talk of kicking dicks and teleportation has got me thinking.

So inconvenient teleporters are on their way, right? And they patched out the ability to save and quit to return to your spaceship, right? So people are going to want an easy way to get back to their ship. Enter a fresh new mod that bills itself as a quick, cheap teleporter that "Gets you back to your ship from absolutely anywhere," and it's just a little platform you can place down and interact with. However, when it's activated, a spring-loaded boot shoots out and kicks whoever used it in the dick for 9999 damage, killing them instantly.

But hey, it puts them back on their ship :v:

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Cicadas! posted:

You know, all this talk of kicking dicks and teleportation has got me thinking.

So inconvenient teleporters are on their way, right? And they patched out the ability to save and quit to return to your spaceship, right? So people are going to want an easy way to get back to their ship. Enter a fresh new mod that bills itself as a quick, cheap teleporter that "Gets you back to your ship from absolutely anywhere," and it's just a little platform you can place down and interact with. However, when it's activated, a spring-loaded boot shoots out and kicks whoever used it in the dick for 9999 damage, killing them instantly.

But hey, it puts them back on their ship :v:

This made me laugh and it should be a thing.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Hmm, sounds a little too powerful...

What if it also removed all the ore from the planet permanently?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

lmao check out this cool character someone used to show off their Armored Core mod

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012

Babe Magnet posted:

lmao check out this cool character someone used to show off their Armored Core mod

idgi

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I think all the crazy people (and most of everyone else) left their forums, it's so dead and boring now

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
Wait, they patched out being to save and return to your ship? :wtc:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yeah it just puts you where you logged out, now.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

As long as they don't patch out admin commands I'll be good. I'm just going to spawn myself a teleporter or twenty because gently caress progression.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Babe Magnet posted:

I think all the crazy people (and most of everyone else)

and I think those were one and the same

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Inverness posted:

Wait, they patched out being to save and return to your ship? :wtc:

That was basically one of the main staples of the game. Removing that is like removing the pope from the vatican.

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010

Michaellaneous posted:

...removing the pope from the Vatican

That's it, close the thread.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Babe Magnet posted:

:eyepop: Look at them Starmounds

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Tin Tim posted:

At first I thought the character was wearing a really baggy sweatshirt and that was a sleeve, but of loving course.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Tin Tim posted:

Why did you have to make me aware of this? :colbert:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Pentaro posted:

At first I thought the character was wearing a really baggy sweatshirt and that was a sleeve, but of loving course.

gently caress, me too. I haven't been keeping up with the Awful/Awesome mods thread in a few months, but that probably belongs.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Tin Tim posted:

This is why we keep you around Tin Tim

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

It's pure Nexus.jpg (except it's not on the nexus, it's on the official mod section of the website) in that you're showing off your horrible titty-monster in a fit of vanity while demoing elements of a completely unrelated mod. The mod page that I pilled that gif from is about dumb robot guns

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Tin Tim posted:

Could you not? Could you be a normal human being for once?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoS1MCF8AeI

kode54
Nov 26, 2007

aka kuroshi
Fun Shoe

Tin Tim posted:

Don't forget the tail.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
at least it's not a pony

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

RottenK posted:

at least it's not a pony

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I'm shocked. Shocked! Well, not that shocked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

kode54 posted:

Don't forget the tail.
Ya know, the tail isn't that surprising in a space game with wacky races and random monster generation

But big floppy tits that look they were bolted to the model? That's the special thing that will distinguish your mod

• Locked thread