Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
lmao. i just chumped the poo poo out of micolash. I just took potshots at him with evelyn from the balcony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

AHungryRobot posted:

lmao. i just chumped the poo poo out of micolash. I just took potshots at him with evelyn from the balcony.

Is it cheesing, or some say cheating?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Proposition Joe posted:

Is it cheesing, or some say cheating?

you tell me, joe

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010

THE PENETRATOR posted:

all the cane has going for it early is epic r2s in whip form

All the cane has going for it is the whip.

*WHAP* BAD DOG! YOU GET A WHIPPING ON THE NOSE!
*WHOSH* YOU HAVE A BIG UGLY HEAD AMY!
*WHISH* GET YOUR LAZY rear end THE gently caress UP NO SLEEPING ON THE JOB

That big ugly pustule sure looks painful *FUCKINWHIPPED*

Whip bitches erry day.

Also the dash/run attack is seriously BS with all thrust damage

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
so i found some loving rear end in a top hat on top of a roof in the forbidden village and told him about the chapel and now the old lady is dead and i loving want revenge

is he still there or is this now officially a manhunt

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I love the Threaded Cane a whole lot but I'm probably gonna cheat on it with the Burial Blade shhhh don't tell

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010

Harrow posted:

I love the Threaded Cane a whole lot but I'm probably gonna cheat on it with the Burial Blade shhhh don't tell

A true gentle hunter would be upfront about the whole thing.

"You're really great TC it's... just... what? No! Noooo, this isn't about Ludwig at all! You... You're being... Look it's BB okay I said it! I'M GOING ALL ASH-BONE AND SCYTHE AND IT'S BEEN REAL BUT IT'S TIME TO MOVE ON!"

"At least we'll always have kink play, right? ...BABE DON'T BE LIKE THAT WHERE YOU GOIN'?"

SleepySonata fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Apr 7, 2015

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Got Bloodborne on Sunday and I'm loving. Beat 3 bosses and I'm fighting the witch right now. My best friend is the mighty kirkhammer

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

hubris.height posted:

so i found some loving rear end in a top hat on top of a roof in the forbidden village and told him about the chapel and now the old lady is dead and i loving want revenge

Hes outside, for reasons you'll find out

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
he will be dealt with, thank you penetrator

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

hubris.height posted:

he will be dealt with, thank you penetrator

bring poison knives

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Has anyone got the beast fangs? I've finally gotten a dungeon that dropped level 4 blood rituals to loran dungeon, which I need to beat to get to the ailing loran dungeon that apparently has it. That weapon looks sick.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

hubris.height posted:

there is an rear end in a top hat you need to kill in every souls game

should of sent him to the clinic

Dec 26, 2012

stoutfish posted:

i found the guy, attacked him, got owned hard and decided id come back to him later, then i went and killed iosefka, then i went back to cathedral ward for something and found out he'd killed arianna

welp

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

01011001 posted:

i found the guy, attacked him, got owned hard and decided id come back to him later, then i went and killed iosefka, then i went back to cathedral ward for something and found out he'd killed arianna

welp

are you sure it was the cannibal or the dozen other ways she can die

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

stoutfish posted:

you can send people to the clinic? i had no idea

there's a big mean rear end in a top hat at the top of the clinic that i didn't kill because i guess you need him for sweet items later?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

hubris.height posted:

you can send people to the clinic? i had no idea

there's a big mean rear end in a top hat at the top of the clinic that i didn't kill because i guess you need him for sweet items later?
its kinda hidden, you have to go back to the clinic lantern and knock on the door to the room you started the game in

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i did that at the start of the game and it never was a safe place

wow this game has some serious depth, what is the trigger that will let you use it as a safe place? is it too late now that i've opened that door back to the first lantern?

i have so many questions

Dec 26, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

are you sure it was the cannibal or the dozen other ways she can die

i assumed it was him because i left him alone for awhile, either way she was dead and iosefka was dead so that was 2/4 umbilical cords nixed

Dec 26, 2012

hubris.height posted:

wow this game has some serious depth, what is the trigger that will let you use it as a safe place? is it too late now that i've opened that door back to the first lantern?

i have so many questions

go back to the sickroom lamp and go up there, i think not only can you still, the dialogue changes

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

hubris.height posted:

i have so many questions

It happens when u get to the cathedral ward ie after u kill boss 1

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
wanna start over on ng with all my current poo poo just to speed run and see the effects of sending different people different places wow woha

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010

hubris.height posted:

wanna start over on ng with all my current poo poo just to speed run and see the effects of sending different people different places wow woha

Just start a new game. here:

Damage optimized Skill: Start: Waste of Flesh, Starting Weapon: Threaded Cane, Level aim: 50, Spread 15/15/10/40/10/10.

I'd recommend rushing BoM as a supplement, since you're best choice of secondary is the Gun-Spear which isn't that great.

But Eileen is cool, her quest is tits and the last fight is everything a souls game should be sooooo.... eh?

Dec 26, 2012

rifle spear owns, in large part on the strength of its charge attack but it has other good ones too

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just had a bug where I walked into the shadow of yharnam fight and the camera locked in place and the game slowed to about 1 frame a second and I had to just let myself die .

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I just had a bug where I walked into the shadow of yharnam fight and the camera locked in place and the game slowed to about 1 frame a second and I had to just let myself die .

Turn on auto-detect camera in your game settings. you can also move away from the door and the camera will unstick itself. 2-3 boss doors do this luckily none of the big ones.

Even with the different settings? you just have to get a certain distance from the door before the camera will fix itself which can take forever with the slowdown.

Do you record your bug encounters? it's just about the only reason I seem to press the record button.

SleepySonata fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Apr 8, 2015

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SleepySonata posted:

Turn on auto-detect camera in your game settings. you can also move away from the door and the camera will unstick itself. 2-3 boss doors do this luckily none of the big ones.

I ran all the way across the room and t took about 30 seconds but it just sat there

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ok it happened again but it reset when I got far enough away. That's hosed up

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

i beat this game last night and every boss from mergo's wet nurse was suspiciously easy, like they would only do one or two attacks that i could dodge easily and just whittle down their health without much trouble. turns out there's a glitch where if you just keep using the ps4's suspend mode and never actually turn the game off then all the bosses start buggin out and can only perform one or two attacks. now i'm in ng+ but i don't feel like i deserve to be here. got some real gamer guilt going on right now

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

is there dedicated pvp or dueling zones in the game?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
wow yahargul post-rom is a hosed up place. at least the fuckin werewolves that are just body parts stitched together holy poo poo go down like chumps and drop bloodstone chunks.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

is there dedicated pvp or dueling zones in the game?
nah, there's those couple of parts that have chime maidens in them already, but they didnt really give a poo poo about pvpers in this game

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
there is a memory leak bug where if you play for long marathon periods not enough moves from bosses can load into memory I heard on super best friend cast today

I don't know if it happens with rest mode or not

but that might explain the ease

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

hubris.height posted:

there is a memory leak bug where if you play for long marathon periods not enough moves from bosses can load into memory I heard on super best friend cast today

but that might explain the ease

thats such a weird bug haha

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

hubris.height posted:

it does

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

does exiting to main menu before resting prevent it from happening or do I need to straight up reset the console?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

homeless snail posted:

nah, there's those couple of parts that have chime maidens in them already, but they didnt really give a poo poo about pvpers in this game

im sure theres an area the community will just kind of agree on. ds1 had the forest and the area before the final boss

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

hubris.height posted:

does exiting to main menu before resting prevent it from happening or do I need to straight up reset the console?

closing the application or fully resetting the console should fix it

Dec 26, 2012

romanowski posted:

i beat this game last night and every boss from mergo's wet nurse was suspiciously easy, like they would only do one or two attacks that i could dodge easily and just whittle down their health without much trouble. turns out there's a glitch where if you just keep using the ps4's suspend mode and never actually turn the game off then all the bosses start buggin out and can only perform one or two attacks. now i'm in ng+ but i don't feel like i deserve to be here. got some real gamer guilt going on right now

yeah i ended up restarting and apparently this happened to me for bloodstarved beast beacuse i never saw the poison poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

hubris.height posted:

you have to close the app so i just turned off rest suspend