Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ralepozozaxe posted:

This is kind of like all those cartoons that use a gun (labeled gun control) pointed at America's head to represent gun control.

The fun thing about Phi Psi suing RS is that they are opening the door for every single sexual assault and harassment allegation and complaint to be litigated in open court :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

zoux posted:

The fun thing about Phi Psi suing RS is that they are opening the door for every single sexual assault and harassment allegation and complaint to be litigated in open court :)

Hopefully the courts have a legal way to shut that kind of thing down.

vvv I read it more as in the Iran deal is basically Obama earning/re-earning that peace prize.

Gin and Juche fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Apr 7, 2015

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Dealing with Iran through diplomatic channels? Nobel must be spinning in his grave!

E: and just as I post I see my mistake, bleh, sorry

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

That's a pretty decent cartoon.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Goons, did you know that offering the same services to gay people that you offer to other people automatically converts you to Gay Atheism?
drat, am I glad Branco was here to shed light on that.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Mehuyael posted:

Dealing with Iran through diplomatic channels? Nobel must be spinning in his grave!

E: and just as I post I see my mistake, bleh, sorry

Don't worry, I thought the same thing at first.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Teaches me that I should think before I snark.

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

SO, did Bok sit next to someone who messily ate a sandwich on a plane?

The fat people represent goons.

The sandwich represents edited cartoons.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Oh Branco you disingenuous rear end.

quote:

I feel like this one is supposed to be negative but the only way I've been able to interpret it is "Obama's peace making legacy was gathering dust until he revived it with the Iran deal."

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Darrin Bell's not a habitual shithead.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

InequalityGodzilla posted:

I feel like this one is supposed to be negative but the only way I've been able to interpret it is "Obama's peace making legacy was gathering dust until he revived it with the Iran deal."

You've solved the mystery by uncovering the blatantly obvious intent of the cartoon. Good work detective.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Branco isn't alone. "Stopping people from being able to discriminate is the worst type of discrimination there is, the type that targets white people" is the prevailing narrative that's getting pushed everywhere.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

That's precisely what it's supposed to mean.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

I think it is supposed to be positive, because that is the only interpretation I can see. I really like Darrin Bell's art.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Mehuyael posted:

Teaches me that I should think before I snark.

It's an instinctive reaction tho since cartoons that mention Obama's Nobel are near-universally negative.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Gimnbo posted:

Darrin Bell's not a habitual shithead.

Yeah, his political toons are pretty good most of the time and he's good at his craft. This one is no exception. Not a big fan of his dailies in the funny pages, but that's just personal taste.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Bell's mostly pro-Obama, the only instances when he critizes him is on war, NSA and the like.

Bell you hack, you can't draw an OBAMA IRAN DEAL cartoon without including a grinning Shia cleric carrying a comical bomb.

Nenonen fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Apr 7, 2015

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
:unsmith:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Muir did two versions of his latest cartoon. Choose your favorite.

The government doesn't care about your boys only clubhouse where you suck and gently caress each other!

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Nenonen posted:

Bell's mostly pro-Obama, the only instances when he critizes him is on war, NSA and the like.

He also does a daily comic that's well-known for annoying week-long dead celebrity memorials that take place on a subway train. But his political stuff is usually fine.

Goddamnit, Bell.

CowHammer
Feb 18, 2013

So I'm going to guess Catalino just had a Moai head picture laying around and decided to cram this issue into it, because this poo poo doesn't make any sense.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

I remember the time a bunch of homosexuals kidnapped my family and then threatened to cut my head off if I didn't convert. Wait, no, get hosed Branco.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
from the crazy political e-mail thread

UV_Catastrophe posted:

I need to somehow physically launch my Facebook news feed directly into the sun

original:
https://latuffcartoons.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/bancada-evangelica-e-a-cura-gay.gif

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I wonder what's in those gay bibles they have?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

It's the real bible that the Catholic church had destroyed.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

LordSaturn posted:

Goddamnit, Bell.

And? That's loving great.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

CowHammer posted:

So I'm going to guess Catalino just had a Moai head picture laying around and decided to cram this issue into it, because this poo poo doesn't make any sense.

"Stone head" or "stone brain" is a euphemism for stupid. Catalino is for once on the right side of the issue.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Samurai Sanders posted:

I wonder what's in those gay bibles they have?

Thou Shalt Never Be Unfabulous?

HardHead
Nov 4, 2009

Bouncer, Hey bouncer.

Flip Yr Wig posted:

No you see he drew gun thing wrong
:spergin:

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Sorry, no, he drew the bullets flying with casings still attached therefore cartoon invalid

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Jedit posted:

"Stone head" or "stone brain" is a euphemism for stupid. Catalino is for once on the right side of the issue.

I think he hit his head or got replaced by a pod person or something. Being on the right side of an issue is one thing, but he is actually putting some effort into these cartoons and they are not completely terrible from an aesthetic standpoint.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

PassTheRemote posted:

I think it is supposed to be positive, because that is the only interpretation I can see. I really like Darrin Bell's art.
Oh it was a Bell. That explains it. I was phoneposting so I couldn't make out the signature and I didn't recognize the art. I just assumed it had to be some conservative who couldn't lay out a visual metaphor to save his life. Man, Bell's artwork is hard to characterize without out any actual people in it.

Saint Sputnik posted:

It's an instinctive reaction tho since cartoons that mention Obama's Nobel are near-universally negative.
This was a big part of it too.

Nenonen posted:

Goddammit Bell that is not how bullets work!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

This makes sense because you know Branco wishes there were airstrikes against the rampaging homofascist hordes.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Homosexuals have been attacked, beaten, forced to hide their true identities for fear that their families will disown them and are still treated like monsters by people like Asay and Lester yet the true victims are the poor wittle bigots who are being called hateful because they're not allowed to treat homosexuals like second class citizens and not serve them :qq:

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Xander77 posted:

Oh hey. Thing wot I took a photograph of the other day that made me happy:

I don't know if that's representative of every place selling passover books, but I certainly hope so.

I completely 100% don't understand what you're saying here.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

OldTennisCourt posted:

Homosexuals have been attacked, beaten, forced to hide their true identities for fear that their families will disown them and are still treated like monsters by people like Asay and Lester yet the true victims are the poor wittle bigots who are being called hateful because they're not allowed to treat homosexuals like second class citizens and not serve them :qq:
A friend of mine who lives in Japan just came out as gay to me, but he basically can't tell anyone over there (nor that he has a boyfriend...can you imagine never being able to tell anyone about the person you live with?) In knowing this, I now understand a lot of the problems he's had over there in a new light. It was a stark reminder that in many places, including many places in the US, you have to keep that part of you a secret at great cost in terms of stress and happiness. It must stop.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

HardHead posted:

No you see he drew drug thing wrong
:spergin:

bizarro'd

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
New This Modern World. I put all the individual panels together into one image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

The grass is always greener/higher on the other side.

• Locked thread