Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Would Geno have the mushroom icon and the Mario flag fanfare? That seems weird to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Geno should be an item.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

the "game" known as SMRPG was actually an experiment on massive scale memory implantation, Geno never existed

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Nothing against Geno. I just don't see the point of using the very limited opportunity to get a 3rd party character to add another Mario character.

sharrrk posted:

mallow was benched for bowser)

You're playing the game wrong if you bench Mallow.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Macaluso posted:

Oh. My god. Why aren't there little Luma costumes for Rosalina's alt colors in the game ALREADY? What the gently caress Sakurai
Probably because it fucks with animation and hitboxes.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Facts are useless :colbert:

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

SilverSupernova posted:

You're playing the game wrong if you bench Mallow.

i beat the game and culex so i'm pretty sure i was doing ok

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

FactsAreUseless posted:

Imagine if he had one with a top hat and monocle, or a mexican costume with a sombrero and racist moustache!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Aston posted:

Imagine if he had one with a top hat and monocle, or a mexican costume with a sombrero and racist moustache!
Me gusta El Luma!

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i hope they do dlc costumes for the actual characters and not just for the mii fighters. i want grandmaster robin

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

sharrrk posted:

i hope they do dlc costumes for the actual characters and not just for the mii fighters. i want grandmaster robin

Hawaiian shirt Mario or nothing.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

its only fair if they insist on keeping f.l.u.d.d.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

F. Lobot posted:

According to Japanese Twitter the results are very different.
[quote]
17 votes Goemon, Chibi-Robo, Ray MKII

COME ON JAPAN ONLY 17 FOR THESE GUYS.

Also first Wayforward and now Playtonic

https://twitter.com/PlaytonicGames/status/585472250788196352/photo/1

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
K. Rool is cool and good and all non-believers will be won over when they see his Kaptain K. Rool alternate costume when he is made playable.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Third parties, more like thirsty parties.

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

K. Rool is cool and good and all non-believers will be won over when they see his Kaptain K. Rool alternate costume when he is made playable.

I don't like him or his gold-plated potbelly.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
K. Rool is only worth it if they continue his "different theme every game" gimmick. I say Luchador this time.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

But then we well miss out on the possibility of having Cranky or Dixie Kong being playable. Match of the century Cranky Kong vs Mario, who will take Pauline love?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Jarogue posted:

But then we well miss out on the possibility of having Cranky or Dixie Kong being playable. Match of the century Cranky Kong vs Mario, who will take Pauline love?

Neither.

Stanley the Bug Man will.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Cranky needs more meaningful exposure before he can be considered for Smash (though his playable appearance in Tropical Freeze is a good start).

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
All these people trying to push their character for Smash but im sure if they asked Sakurai prior, they'd get in like Snake did in Brawl.

I'm sticking with my Tingle vote even though I'm sure something stupid will get in anyways.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Dizz posted:

All these people trying to push their character for Smash but im sure if they asked Sakurai prior, they'd get in like Snake did in Brawl.

I'm sticking with my Tingle vote even though I'm sure something stupid will get in anyways.

If your vote is for Tingle then you are almost assured to get something stupid through

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Roy and Wolf being at the top of that list is depressing as gently caress. Yeah let's just put the same fuckers in over and over, especially borderline clones of existing characters.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

MinibarMatchman posted:

Roy and Wolf being at the top of that list is depressing as gently caress. Yeah let's just put the same fuckers in over and over, especially borderline clones of existing characters.

Almost like people liked those characters in smash or something

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

people were wrong to like roy at the time, and i had mistakenly hoped they would have realized their mistake by now

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

I can condone Lucas and Wolf coming back, since they're different from Ness and Fox in subtle ways. Any other clone is unacceptable.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

Almost like people liked those characters in smash or something

theyre retarded

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Yeah if they ever removed Dr.Mario and dark pit I'd love to waste everyone's time voting them back.

If we're gonna vote for stupid characters then give me Pichu.

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Roy's totally different his sword is on fire.

Wolf is a wolf, that's a totally different woodland creature from a fox.

Plus he's Irish and not Scottish.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Dizz posted:

Yeah if they ever removed Dr.Mario and dark pit I'd love to waste everyone's time voting them back.

If we're gonna vote for stupid characters then give me Pichu.

Why would they remove the superior Mario? And why wouldn't you vote in Dr. Luigi to take his place in such an event?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

messagemode1 posted:

Roy's totally different his sword is on fire.

Wolf is a wolf, that's a totally different woodland creature from a fox.

Plus he's Irish and not Scottish.

It's all the same to me.

SilverSupernova posted:

Why would they remove the superior Mario? And why wouldn't you vote in Dr. Luigi to take his place in such an event?

I'd vote in Dr.Waluigi.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
Ike's sword is on fire better and Lucina is the better Marth clone anyway

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Just think of the spacies as the shotos of smash.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

qnqnx posted:

theyre retarded

Wolf owns. You're retarded.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Wild Knight posted:

Ike's sword is on fire better

actually, it's not because it's only on fire for one kind of lovely move (that they made even more lovely from Brawl somehow)

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

qnqnx posted:

theyre retarded

people who vote Geno are in the same bucket because squarenix definitely doesn't give a poo poo. you will never, ever see geno in a game ever again.

I'm sure they already have Wolf lined up and he was at least different but there's literally zero reason to have a third loving Marth clone in there

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Fibby Boy posted:

Wolf owns. You're retarded.

a star fox clone... but dark+edgy? fukken sold have all my votes

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

I'm imagining a star-fox only smash with all of star fox and star wolf and general dog and they're all clones of fox, even Slippy.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

MinibarMatchman posted:

people who vote Geno are in the same bucket because squarenix definitely doesn't give a poo poo. you will never, ever see geno in a game ever again

Geno and K Rool and Banjo feel like characters that people would have asked for back in 1999, and people just never stopped asking for 16 years.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Some dreams will never die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
I think if say, a Shovel Knight or a Shantae, were to obtain a significant amount of votes I don't see why Nintendo wouldn't add them. They're probably cheap and considering the creator's are board 10x easier than say a Black Mage(Does Square even work with Nintendo anymore?), or a Simon Belmont. Like I get the argument of saying they'd benefit of picking first party but if a character has a large number of people voting and since Smash 4 DLC is a guaranteed seller I don't see why you can't put these indy characters in Smash 4 especially considering when a creator is on board and they're asking price is probably really small.

I mean i'm indifferent since I voted Wonder Red and if I did vote again I'd vote for like an Inkling or Henry Fleming.

• Locked thread