Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
video games are great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
I enjoy video games unironically

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Being mario and jumping on things and collecting powerups is actually really fun to me

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i am currently looking for bad wwe cosplay because its a slow day. let me know if you find anything.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Adam Bowen posted:

Being mario and jumping on things and collecting powerups is actually really fun to me

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Please stop, anime is really bad and should stay away from games like Mario which are really good

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
adam bowen ran out of steam for his effort trolling a decade ago but someone keeps shoveling coal into his posthouse and now he's just running out of track

e: i guess the coal is anime or something idk

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Adam Bowen posted:

Please stop, anime is really bad and should stay away from games like Mario which are really good

but Mario is anime

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
that anime mario bros. art is very good

it makes me wish nintendo would make a game like that for the wii u so that i could buy it and play it

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

The Taint Reaper posted:

but Mario is anime

I won't be

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Devil's Third is apparently in deep poo poo, it played like a clone of Ryse with telltale QTE in between the action sequences.

it's been brought back to be redone from the ground up.

Adam Bowen posted:

I won't be

Mario bros. had their own anime OAV back in the 80's

They're anime, like you must have avoided Rosilina and the Galaxy games if you think they're not anime.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Apr 7, 2015

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The honest problem with these chat threads is that stux, adam bowen and t-reaper post so much and continue to argue about how anime things are, how bad/good anime is, and feminism in games, instead of good topics like how many bananas Donkey Kong can eat, cool catches on steam, or what jokes we should be begin preparing for this june's E3.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I like the Mario Galaxy soundtrack. it sounds like what would play in a nintendoworld theme park.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Can Donkey Kong ground pound a banana so big that even he can not eat it?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Bicyclops posted:

The honest problem with these chat threads is that stux, adam bowen and t-reaper post so much and continue to argue about how anime things are, how bad/good anime is, and feminism in games, instead of good topics like how many bananas Donkey Kong can eat, cool catches on steam, or what jokes we should be begin preparing for this june's E3.

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what to buy with the $6 in my Steam wallet.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

precision posted:

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what to buy with the $6 in my Steam wallet.

Hexcells and Hexcells plus, then save up $5 for Infinite

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Escape Goat

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Bicyclops posted:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

precision posted:

put like 3 more dollars in and buy Uru: the Complete Chronicles, because then you and i will basically be the only people who ever played it.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

a giant "triggered" image with compression artifacts a propos of nothing, something which would probably be downvoted even on imgur

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Adam Bowen posted:

Hexcells and Hexcells plus, then save up $5 for Infinite

This looks like extremely my poo poo, awesome

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

a giant "triggered" image with compression artifacts a propos of nothing, something which would probably be downvoted even on imgur

Sorry about your taint

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The Taint Reaper posted:

but Mario is anime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XeaBGmD54I

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

foiled again at trying to sell somebody on Uru!

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
is pit or link the better archer? this clickhole article settles the discussion forever

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

hubris.height posted:

is pit or link the better archer? this clickhole article settles the discussion forever
Link. Link's arrows fly faster, further, and can destroy Ganon.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

hubris.height posted:

http://www.clickhole.com/quiz/how-deep-your-love-beautiful-super-mario-how-endle-1455

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

hubris.height posted:

is pit or link the better archer?

laura croft

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
new rule please: ban anyone who talks about gamer gate or racism

tia

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Eonwe: Let's aggressively purge everything political from our discussion space.

Narrator: But he did not know that all things are political, because of paradigms or something, probably.

Eonwe: W-what the--? *fades into nonexistence*

Narrator: There is no escaping politics. Dialectics. Dianetics. Die. Die. Die.

*Twilight Zone Theme*

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Diabetics Debating Dianetics Dialectics

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

new rule: relentlessly destroy the taint reaper

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FactsAreUseless posted:

Eonwe: Let's aggressively purge everything political from our discussion space.

Narrator: But he did not know that all things are political, because of paradigms or something, probably.

Eonwe: W-what the--? *fades into nonexistence*

Narrator: There is no escaping politics. Dialectics. Dianetics. Die. Die. Die.

*Twilight Zone Theme*

:agreed:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I want to make a Twilight Zone video game.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Fungah! posted:

new rule: relentlessly destroy the taint reaper

If you do that I'll become more powerful than you can possible imagine.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Bicyclops posted:

I want to make a Twilight Zone video game.

You have RPG maker, you can do it.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

You have RPG maker, you can do it.

I hit a wall with the test game I was making and will need to find a whole bunch of code to make it work. I might still try because it is a fun hobby. Maybe I'll even learn some Ruby or whatever. It was fun figuring out things like how to do opening dialogue or create a movie where you board a boat and move offscreen or get the stats of monsters correct, though.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

good article

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Sorry, wasn't sure where else to ask this so I decided to chuck it in here.

Last month some time I saw a trailer for a game that was still well early in production that I've been trying to remember the name of. It was a first-person game set in this fictitious 60's-style British village with overt Big Brother-overtones, including strange white masks on all the citizens and a TV Show Presenter on camera who would talk to the player directly, alerting the residents of the town to his presence. They'd then chase him into a house where he'd be knocked-out by the owner who was inside with a frying pan or something.

It had a great look and tone to it and I can't freaking remember even a little bit about the name.

Nilbop fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Apr 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Not sure, Nilbop. There's a Small Questions megathread in Ask/Tell that might be helpful, I think that was where I identified an obscure claymation movie I couldn't remember the name of.

• Locked thread