Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Your distinct personality, The Doctor might be found in most of the thriving kingdoms of the time. Your emotions and feelings are reality based. You are not misled with half formed ideas nor are you given to radical or high risk experimentation.

You follow the tried and true and do not waste time thinking about things that cannot be seen, touched, heard, felt or smelled.

On the positive side, you can become an exceptional expert in your particular area of the helping professions. You can deliver and maintain consistent and beneficial service to others. You do not lose sight of the reality of the situation and can usually control your own emotions.

On the negative side, your emotions may want to be sensually satisfied which might lead to too much food, drink or other sensual pleasures. Interestingly, your preference is just as applicable in today's corporate kingdoms.

Personality test says I'm fat, gently caress you personality test :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
Your distinct personality, The Prime Minister might be found in most of the thriving kingdoms of the time.

You are a strategist who pursues the most efficient and logical path toward the realization of the goal that you perceive or visualize.

You will often only associate with those people who can assist you in the implementation of your plan. Inept assistants may be immediately discarded as excess baggage. To do otherwise could be seen as inefficient and illogical.

On the positive side, you can be rationally idealistic and analytically ideological. You can be a bold decision maker and risk taker who can move society ahead by years instead of minutes.

On the negative side, you may be unmerciful, impatient, impetuous and impulsive. Interestingly, your preference is just as applicable in today's corporate kingdoms.

Inhuman monster, eh? Can't really argue that one.

I'm counting down until we have to take something like this. I'd probably prefer it to the bullshit Gallup Q12 we endure every year.

Wrath of the Bitch King fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Apr 7, 2015

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

icehewk posted:

Must be. Seems like a weird way to sell mugs.

I don't know how else they are going to sell mugs with lovely art, tbh.

hihifellow
Jun 17, 2005

seriously where the fuck did this genre come from

icehewk posted:

Please finish your kingdomality profile and send me the results this week. If you already did it, please just send me the personality that was identified (such as Black Knight, etc.).

Kingdomality is a fun way to look at how different types of personalities contribute to a team. We need all types to be a successful organization.

We’re hoping to get 100% participation on this, so please take this very short (only 8 questions!) quiz and then send me your resulting “Personality”. We are going to compile into an aggregate for the CTS team to see what we look like in terms of personalities. Easy!

On this site:
https://www.kingdomality.com
Select the middle option: “Kingdomality: Find out who you would have been in the Medieval Kingdom” to answer the questions.

Somebody, somewhere out there has made someone take this as prerequisite to being hired. I can feel it.

Your distinct personality, The Prime Minister might be found in most of the thriving kingdoms of the time.

You are a strategist who pursues the most efficient and logical path toward the realization of the goal that you perceive or visualize.

You will often only associate with those people who can assist you in the implementation of your plan. Inept assistants may be immediately discarded as excess baggage. To do otherwise could be seen as inefficient and illogical.

On the positive side, you can be rationally idealistic and analytically ideological. You can be a bold decision maker and risk taker who can move society ahead by years instead of minutes.

On the negative side, you may be unmerciful, impatient, impetuous and impulsive. Interestingly, your preference is just as applicable in today's corporate kingdoms.

Can I be the Proime Inistah from that episode of the Simpsons where Bart prank calls Australia?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I'm disappointed that there isn't an awful MIDI cover of a terrible song playing in the background to match the visuals.

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy

TheFuzzyLumpkin posted:

I dunno, I got the Black Knight.

Hell yes :black101:

Roargasm fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Apr 7, 2015

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
It really does look like a website that might've called Tripod or Geocities home at some point. All its missing is fire.gif.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

That, a webring and a Bravenet guestbook.

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

It really does look like a website that might've called Tripod or Geocities home at some point. All its missing is fire.gif.

http://www.wonder-tonic.com/geocitiesizer/content.php?theme=2&music=5&url=http://www.kingdomality.com

E: bummer, looks like a lot of those image links have broken since the last time I used that. Still looks pretty authentic I guess

good jovi
Dec 11, 2000

'm pro-dickgirl, and I VOTE!

I'm such a sucker for personality tests. They're always about my favorite subject: me!

Your distinct personality, The Engineer-Builder might be found in most of the thriving kingdoms of the time.

Your overriding goal is to stick with the plan and get the job done.

"If it ain't broken don't fix it." is your motto. You provide structure and stability to your world. Your procedures are predictable and dependable. Your methods are proven and tested. You offer results not surprises.

On the positive side, you are practical, just, realistic, pragmatic and rational.

On the negative side, you may be dogmatic, rigid, short-sighted, indecisive and unimaginative. Interestingly, your preference is just as applicable in today's corporate kingdoms.

eh, that's fairly reasonable

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

what's up flesh wound buddy :buddy:

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

Oh, what's a 217°C difference between friends?
Your distinct personality, The Supervillain would not exist for another 500 years or so.

You are a strategist who pursues the most efficient and logical path toward the realization of the goal that you perceive or visualize. That goal just happens to be completely evil.

On the negative side, you may be unmerciful, impatient, impetuous and impulsive. Interestingly, your preference is just as applicable in today's corporate kingdoms. Whatever you do, do not explain your evil plan to the hero before he or she is dead.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
I clicked to the wikipedia article on them and it just reeks of something an HR company constructed to sell to upper management as A Balm For The Minions:

quote:

The Kingdomality book (in keeping with the fantasy fairy tale) is written as a parable:

King Harold runs the most disorganized, unproductive kingdom in the land. Tired of not getting results, he turns to veteran management consultant, Lady Elizabeth, who guides him through the concept of Kingdomality. Following King Harold, the reader will meet 12 medieval characters. Each character will have likes and dislikes; environments where they flourish and where they falter. By the end of the journey, King Harold knows exactly how to assign tasks to each of his subjects and transform his floundering kingdom into a flourishing country.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Ooh I got a new one:

The Merchant

Beyond a specific job title, a vocation takes on its own greater personality. This personality preference can give a broader understanding of the basic complementary style and types necessary to the kingdom's survival, and perhaps to any modern organization's success.

Although the specific vocations influenced the names, it was no accident that certain personality types and styles gravitated to certain occupations. The personality of these jobs suited the inclinations of the job holders, and the predecessor to modern day job descriptions was born. The successful matching of a job-holder's personality to the personality and unique requirements of the job was necessary for a kingdom to thrive, just as it's necessary to an organization's success today. The most successful groups are able to blend the differences into a powerful and productive entity.

Even though people now have the freedom to explore many different career alternative, there is still a medieval vocational personality within everyone. This personality, properly identified and understood, can motivate success, encourage job satisfaction and promote contentment in the workplace.

Your distinct personality, The Merchant, might be found in most of the thriving kingdoms of the time.
Your overriding goal is to always be competitive, for Merchants are the deal makers.

Every situation is realistically analyzed for its profit potential. A well executed deal, even one that is profitable for all participants, can be its own reward for many Merchants.

On the positive side you can be logically practical, rational and realistic.
On the negative side you may be rigidly dogmatic as well as unmerciful and precipitous. Interestingly, your preference is just as applicable in today's corporate kingdoms.

Edit: gently caress the guy behind me says that this is me all over. The HR people are onto something!

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
If you're in a conference call, and not talking, and also not muting yourself, you're an rear end in a top hat.

Mute yourself, rear end in a top hat. We don't need to hear how deep you can put your headset up your butt.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Wizard of the Deep posted:

If you're in a conference call, and not talking, and also not muting yourself, you're an rear end in a top hat.

:agreed:

I feel like they should teach email and conference call etiquette during grade school

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
Dear other tech:

Please update your loving tickets. That's the whole point of having them. You assign them to yourself and you update what is going on. THat would have saved me a trip to a classroom for a computer that wasn't there because you already had it. It also pisses me off when you don't close your ticket and they sit there for a week, open, for no apparent reason. Close your tickets.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Gyshall posted:

I feel like they should teach email and conference call etiquette during grade school

I used to work with a guy who always worked at home, and on every single conference call you were guaranteed his home phone ringing for two minutes straight, his dog barking repeatedly or him sounding heavily out of breath because he was on the call while walking his kids to or from school.

captkirk
Feb 5, 2010

Mute yourself, rear end in a top hat. We don't need to hear how deep you can put your headset up your butt.

At this point I my strategy for conference calls is:

1) Call in
2) Make sure everyone knows I'm called in
3) Mute myself
4) Ignore the call and get actual work done

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Upgraded our lovely ERP software. Everything's busted.

One thing that's busted the SOAP interface that one of our websites uses is giving some errors.

"I recompiled that webservices.php"

You re-compiled a php file? You don't compile php.

"Well I opened it up and saved it. That fixed the other one"

:eek:

(it did not fix anything)

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Sounds like that person had at one point had a line ending problem and by basically sheer luck the editor they had at the time happened to fix it, then they cargo culted that idea from there on out.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

We don't need to hear how deep you can put your headset up your butt.

Says "Wizard of the Deep"... :raise:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Dick Trauma posted:

Says "Wizard of the Deep"... :raise:

He doesn't want anyone breaking his record.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
On the bright side, I was able to get the resulting hospital visit covered under workers' comp :D

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

wolrah posted:

Sounds like that person had at one point had a line ending problem and by basically sheer luck the editor they had at the time happened to fix it, then they cargo culted that idea from there on out.

I vaguely remember there being some issue I used to run into with some endian-like hex string appearing at the top of php pages depending on what OS/Editor it was last saved in, but I can't for the life of me remember the exact string to look it up again.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Ahdinko posted:

Ooh I got a new one:

The Merchant

Got a selection of good things on sale, stranger! Heh heh heh, thank you.

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.

Potato Alley posted:

what's up flesh wound buddy :buddy:

Another one for the pile here.

poo poo that pisses me off: got a new fancy job that is better as my old one, since there's actual communication and a sort of vision.
However, there's also Dumb and Dumber who just pile up the poo poo:
  • Refusing to write down issues and their solutions.
  • Communicating to 3th party people is done with e-mails containing only yes and no, introductions and signatures are apparently not done.
  • Saying yes to deadlines, whining about them one day before they end (they knew they wouldn't make it 2 week beforehand).
  • Badmouthing everybody (mostly my boss and high end users), not realizing everything they say gets repeated against those people.
  • Accepting meetings and not showing up is acceptable for them.
  • Why automate things (like setting up a print server), when you can just manually add printers to laptops.

I'd be a brilliant gig, if it weren't for those two bozo's.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Merchant crew checking in.

I understand why they do it, but it annoys me that every person comes out with a positive description. There's always at least one turd that doesn't deserve the positive characterization these personality surveys give.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

FISHMANPET posted:

I understand why they do it, but it annoys me that every person comes out with a positive description. There's always at least one turd that doesn't deserve the positive characterization these personality surveys give.

It's testing preferences, not motivations. A dictator who wants to save users from themselves and a dictator who's running a cronjob to kill all portable apps on a user's machine every other prime minute is still going to be rated as a dictator, so they have to at least assume that your motivations are pure.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Ooh I got a new one too

The Discoverer

Beyond a specific job title, a vocation takes on its own greater personality. This personality preference can give a broader understanding of the basic complementary style and types necessary to the kingdom's survival, and perhaps to any modern organization's success.

Although the specific vocations influenced the names, it was no accident that certain personality types and styles gravitated to certain occupations. The personality of these jobs suited the inclinations of the job holders, and the predecessor to modern day job descriptions was born. The successful matching of a job-holder's personality to the personality and unique requirements of the job was necessary for a kingdom to thrive, just as it's necessary to an organization's success today. The most successful groups are able to blend the differences into a powerful and productive entity.

Even though people now have the freedom to explore many different career alternative, there is still a medieval vocational personality within everyone. This personality, properly identified and understood, can motivate success, encourage job satisfaction and promote contentment in the workplace.

Your distinct personality, The Discoverer, might be found in most of the thriving kingdoms of the time.

Your overriding goal is to go where no one else has ever gone before.

Regardless of the number of available natural problems to be solved, it is not unusual for you to continually challenge yourself with new situations or obstacles that you have created. You are an insatiable explorer of people, places, things and ideas. You thrive on constant change and anything new or different.
On the positive side, you can be creatively rational as well as open minded and just.

On the negative side, you might be an impractical and indecisive procrastinator. Interestingly, your preference is just as applicable in today's corporate kingdoms.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
I got...

The Scientist

Your distinct personality, The Scientist is to subscribe completely to the scientific method.

The data create the conclusion.

To think about accumulating new data to prove an hypothesis could almost be considered a gross waste of time as there are so many new conclusions to be derived from the data already available. A more modern scientist in the field of criminology would be Sherlock Holmes. This professional sleuth always draws his conclusions from the available clues.

On the positive side, you can be rationally imaginative and realistically perceptive.

On the negative side, you can be nearsighted, narrow minded and rigid in your research methods. Interestingly, your preference is just as applicable in today's corporate kingdoms.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
Since DT didn't post the whole description:

The Dreamer Minstrel

Your distinct personality, The Dreamer-Minstrel might be found in most of the thriving kingdoms of the time.

You can always see the "Silver Lining" to every dark and dreary cloud.

Look at the bright side is your motto and understanding why everything happens for the best is your goal. You are the positive optimist of the world who provides the hope for all humankind. There is nothing so terrible that you can not find some good within it.

On the positive side, you are spontaneous, charismatic, idealistic and empathic.

On the negative side, you may be a sentimental dreamer who is emotionally impractical. Interestingly, your preference is just as applicable in today's corporate kingdoms.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
poo poo that pisses me off:

Attempting to use technet virtual labs but being told that too many instances are currently running. I know it's a free service but finding resources to practice with is a pain in the rear end.

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!

good jovi posted:

I'm such a sucker for personality tests. They're always about my favorite subject: me!

Your distinct personality, The Engineer-Builder might be found in most of the thriving kingdoms of the time.

Your overriding goal is to stick with the plan and get the job done.

"If it ain't broken don't fix it." is your motto. You provide structure and stability to your world. Your procedures are predictable and dependable. Your methods are proven and tested. You offer results not surprises.

On the positive side, you are practical, just, realistic, pragmatic and rational.

On the negative side, you may be dogmatic, rigid, short-sighted, indecisive and unimaginative. Interestingly, your preference is just as applicable in today's corporate kingdoms.

eh, that's fairly reasonable

Annother Engineer-Builder checking in.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Today's piss-off: an Office 365 migration that was performed hastily due to *~reasons~* relating to contracts and fallings out with providers, with a bunch of poo poo from an on-prem Exchange that had suffered from the shotgun approach to assigning permissions, and now I have the winning combination of an admin assistant with multiple delegated calendars, Outlook on Mac, and a WAN link performing to standards I can only describe as 'broken'.

Kill me now.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Thanks Ants posted:

Today's piss-off: an Office 365 migration that was performed hastily due to *~reasons~* relating to contracts and fallings out with providers, with a bunch of poo poo from an on-prem Exchange that had suffered from the shotgun approach to assigning permissions, and now I have the winning combination of an admin assistant with multiple delegated calendars, Outlook on Mac, and a WAN link performing to standards I can only describe as 'broken'.

Kill me now.

Do you perhaps live in Atlanta?

I ask because a certain downtown institute is doing exactly the same thing.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Nope, I guess it's just a really popular way to run projects.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
week 3 on the job update:

This is not the job they sold me on, I am developing software not firmware. They don't even roll their own hardware. I am one paycheck away from being out of debt and will probably get out of dodge. :v:

Edit*

Also San Diego is a pretty lovely city to live in, drive in, and commute to. Good place to visit I guess. :shrug:

FlapYoJacks fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Apr 7, 2015

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Thanks Ants posted:

Nope, I guess it's just a really popular way to ruin projects.

Typo ^

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Thanks Ants posted:

Kill me now.

I mentioned a manager a few pages back that was a jerk. When the boss decided to fire him the plan was the following. Have him schedule and perform an exchange migration from an old 2k3 server to a new one. But let him do it all himself so it'd be a disaster so they could use it as an excuse to fire him. Then after he was gone I was supposed to go back and redo the migration right.

Makes sense right?

One of the other engineers was like "this is insane" and just did the migration himself.

Super-NintendoUser fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Apr 7, 2015