Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
New Ask a Goon Cop thread:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3710350&perpage=40

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

I don't see this going well.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Don't trash it please. Let pigs trash their own pen, plz tia.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

The SFPD and DEA have been accused of only arresting black people during drug busts in the Tenderloin district:

http://www.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2015/04/02/joint-dea-sfpd-drug-task-force-in-tenderloin-is-only-arresting-black-people

quote:

San Francisco police now appear to be waging the war on drugs that target African Americans. Every single one of the 37 people arrested for selling minuscule amounts of drugs to undercover cops in the Tenderloin are black, court filings show. A stark racial bias, but there's also a sexist bias: 11 out of 18 suspects arrested in the most recent sting are women. This is evidence of a clear "racial bias," according to defense attorneys, who filed motions to dismiss cases against eight of the alleged drug dealers earlier this week on grounds of selective enforcement and prosecution....

...In at least one instance, the undercover informant shooed away an Asian would-be seller in favor of recording a sale from a black woman, according to court filings.

The informant, who waited until the black woman was off the phone to buy her drugs, later said that he was avoiding the "Asian chick" in order to get the "good poo poo," according to court documents.

One cop observing another bust in progress muttered to a partner, "loving BMs" — meaning, black males — an exchange caught on video....

...There is currently no official explanation as to why everyone SFPD arrested in these stings are black. The bias is inexplicable in context. Of the 1,317 people arrested on felony drug charges in San Francisco last year, 609 — or less than half — were black...

...So a bunch of low-level drug offenders — the same type of people District Attorney George Gascon has said he does not want to lock up — are finding tickets to prison with help from the feds. And all of them are black.

And the SFPD already arrests black people at a disproportionately high rate. Far higher than any city in California, in fact:

https://www.baycitizen.org/news/policing/african-americans-arrested-high-rates/

quote:

Although African Americans constitute 6 percent of San Francisco’s population, they are about seven times more likely to be arrested than whites, who represent 41.8 percent of the city’s population, according to an analysis of recently released statistics from the California Department of Justice.

The gap between the arrest rates for whites and African Americans in San Francisco is well above state and national averages, a Bay Citizen analysis has found. In California, African Americans are four times more likely to be arrested than whites, and nationwide, about 2.4 times more likely to face arrest.

The disparity in the arrest rates is likely even larger than reported because the police department has routinely misclassified Latino arrestees as “white.” A recent Bay Citizen investigation revealed that the department has classified Latino arrestees as white and Asian arrestees as Chinese for at least a decade, sending the erroneous and misleading statistics to the state Department of Justice and the FBI. Department officials have blamed an outdated computer system that allows officers to only categorize individuals as white, black, Chinese and other for the incorrect data.

Arrest data for CA cities, from 2006:

http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/HIGH-BLACK-ARREST-RATE-RAISES-CALL-FOR-INQUIRY-2482118.php

Also, here are some of the racist texts sent out by SFPD officers (who were recently sentenced on corruption charges):

FRINGE posted:

Im an OG cynic in these threads, and Im a little surprised at them being that ham-handed after Corcoran went public (in CA) not that long ago.

That said, apparently warnings from history dont work so the obvious solution is to gut the entire prison staff en masse and hang them beside the road on the off ramps.

edit: Corcoran:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_State_Prison,_Corcoran#History
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/staged-fights-betting-guards-gunfire-and-death-for-the-gladiators-1310849.html

Oh wait! They did learn their lesson!

http://articles.latimes.com/2000/jun/10/news/mn-39555

Lesson learned.

I wouldn't be surprised if the deputies in question were inspired by those Corcoran prison guards. I mean those guards even killed their prisoners subhuman evil doers who deserved to be abused and murdered, and still got acquitted.

If i was a crazed retard like those SF sheriff's deputies, I might have been encouraged by that.

Spun Dog posted:

Thanks for this post. It's horrifying and depressing, but the effort is appreciated.

Thanks. I was afraid it might have been too long of a post to get much attention, but there was so much poo poo to post about :suicide:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Police officer gets assigned counseling because he got a photo taken with a known criminal.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

quote:

The counseling Trooper Spears received involved his saying no when people ask to have their pictures taken with him

Oh come the gently caress ooooooon Texas.

Cichlid the Loach
Oct 22, 2006

Brave heart, Doctor.

quote:

[Trooper Spears' lawyer] also said he believes the action against Spears is retaliatory because the trooper reported a Alcoholic Beverage Commission officer last year for unprofessional conduct. The complaint prompted an investigation against Spears, who was eventually cleared of any wrongdoing.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW
Would it be Ok if he was doing a facebook photo with OJ?

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
What about Martha Stewart? Or Rush Limbaugh?

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Vahakyla posted:

Neither of those people murdered anyone, as far as I know

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Neither did Snoop Dogg. His Bodyguard eventually got acquitted based on self defence, but even if he didn't the felony murder rule of Snoop Dogg being "guilty of murder" because he drove the car is a loving travesty of justice anyway.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW
Let me shoot a guy in a park and make a song and a video about how I shot him in the park, but at trial I'll have some dumbass testify he did it and I'll somehow become a mainstream celeb

peengers
Jun 6, 2003

toot toot
From this link:

quote:

Three Ku Klux Klan members who worked at a Florida prison have been charged with plotting to kill a black inmate after his release because they believed the man is infected with HIV and hepatitis and he bit one of them during a fight, officials said Thursday.

The case comes as the latest black eye for the troubled state prison system.

The three men — Thomas Jordan Driver, 25, David Elliot Moran, 47, and Charles Thomas Newcomb, 42 — were arrested Thursday and each faces one state count of conspiracy to commit murder, Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi's office said in a written statement.

The state said the murder plot started after Driver, an officer at the Department of Corrections Reception and Medical Center in rural north Florida, had a fight with the inmate.

Moran is currently a sergeant at that facility. Newcomb was fired in 2013 for failing to meet training requirements, according to the department.

Bondi's office said the three were also members of the Traditionalist American Knights of the Ku Klux Klan. The group has garnered attention in recent months for distributing flyers that likened protesters in Ferguson, Missouri, to terrorists.

The FBI was initially alerted to the murder plot by a confidential informant inside the Klan, according to an arrest affidavit. The informant was present when Driver and Moran talked with Newcomb, identified as the KKK chapter's "Exalted Cyclops" or leader, and recorded many of their conversations.

In late 2014, authorities say Driver provided the Klan chapter, called a klavern, with a photograph of the inmate, who'd been let out on supervised release.

"Both Driver and Moran ... told the (confidential informant) that they wanted (the inmate) 'six feet under'," the FBI's affidavit said.
Charles Thomas Newcomb
This arrest photo provided by the Union County, Fla., Sheriff's Office, shows David Elliot Moran. Moran, a prison employee, who together with another current employee of the Florida Dept. of Corrections and a former employee were arrested Thursday, April 2, 2015.(AP Photo/Alachua County Jail) (AP)

The informant recorded all three men making plans to murder the inmate — ranging from shooting him to injecting with a lethal dose of insulin, which Newcomb said "would be quieter." In the recordings, the men often refer to the man using a racial epithet.

Their first attempt to find and kill the inmate failed, and the informant recorded a conversation with Driver to confirm he still wanted him dead.

"Do you want this guy terminated?" the informant asked.

"Yes sir," Driver replied, according to the affidavit.

In March, the FBI gave the informant a burner cellphone with a doctored photograph that appeared to show the inmate had been fatally shot. The informant showed all three men the photograph and recorded their jubilant reactions.

Moran, who they men referred to as "Sarge," was smiling when he saw the photograph that depicted the inmate had been murdered, according to the informant.

Driver smiled, nodded his head ... and shook the (informant's) hand in gratitude, according to the affidavit.

Bondi said and corrections department officials were quick to condemn the suspects' alleged actions, but the incident highlights an ongoing stream of high-profile problems in Florida's prison system.

Last fall, prison system officials fired nearly 50 employees, including several over allegations that they punched and beat inmates.

The deaths of inmates Randall Jordan-Aparo and Darren Rainey also drew attention.

Jordan-Aparo was reportedly gassed while in a confinement cell at the Franklin Correctional Institution.

Rainey, a mentally ill prisoner, was punished in 2012 with a shower so hot that his skin separated from his body at Dade Correctional Institution. The warden there was fired.

Department of Corrections Secretary Julie Jones, who was hired late last year to lead the troubled agency, called the arrests "disquieting."

"We are moving swiftly to terminate the employees arrested today and working closely with Office of the Attorney General to assist in their prosecution," she said in a written statement.

"Our Department has zero tolerance for racism or prejudice of any kind. The actions of these individuals are unacceptable and do not, in any way, represent the thousands of good, hardworking honorable correctional officers employed at the Department of Corrections."

The case will be prosecuted in Columbia County in north Florida.

Driver and Moran are being held in Union County jail. Newcomb is in Alachua County Jail with bond set at $750,000.

Frank Ancona, imperial wizard of the KKK group to which the three men were said to belong, did not confirm or deny their membership.

"We at the TAK do not in any way condone, tolerate, or support any type of illegal activity in our organization and because of this we would stand by any of our members pending a decision by a court of law, not a decision of the court of media or public opinion," Ancona said.

___

Associated Press writer Jennifer Kay in Miami contributed to this report. Fineout reported from Tallahassee.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Heh, Exalted Cyclops

Cichlid the Loach
Oct 22, 2006

Brave heart, Doctor.
Jesus. I remember hearing about those guards boiling inmate Darren Rainey to death. Glad there was actually some fallout from it. Good to know that if you hideously torture a man to death, you may, a few years later, be allowed to resign. (The warden was fired, the guards themselves resigned.)

Lyesh
Apr 9, 2003

Vahakyla posted:

Or good ole Teddy Kennedy, or Matthew Broderick, or Mark Wahlberg

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx
Snoop Dogg is insanely cool and I'm glad his mere presence in a photograph got a cop in trouble.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW
Black cop, white cop, the only good cop is a dead cop. c/d

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

The Guardian and some other outlets made some public records requests to get the racist Ferguson government emails. A lot of it is the standard FWD: FWD: FWD: trash, but goddam, considering their line of work it's just sickening. That last one is particularly :wtc:

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2015/apr/03/ferguson-releases-racist-emails-read-documents

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting
Mighty Warriors of Good doing some Good.

http://www.alternet.org/13-outrageous-cases-drug-war-policing-corruption-week

quote:

13 Outrageous Acts By Drug War Cops Just This Week

... In Fresno, California, the Fresno deputy police chief was arrested last Thursday as part of a federal drug conspiracy investigation.

... In Chattanooga, Tennessee, a Catoosa County sheriff's deputy was arrested last Thursday after an acquaintance called police to say he had stolen prescription drugs from him.

... In Prescott Valley, Arizona, a former Prescott Valley Police commander was arrested last Thursday on charges he was stealing drugs discarded by the public as part of a drug take-back program.

... In North Haverhill, New Hampshire, a former Grafton County jail guard was arrested last Thursday on charges he delivered heroin to prisoners.

... In Huntsville, Tennessee, a former Scott County sheriff's deputy was arrested Tuesday for allegedly breaking into the evidence room and stealing drugs.

... In Miami, a former NYPD officer pleaded guilty last Friday to traveling to Florida and providing security for a $200,000 cocaine deal that turned out to be a federal drug sting.

... In Washington, Pennsylvania, a former state court judge pleaded guilty last Friday to stealing cocaine that he had ordered police to keep in his chambers instead of the evidence room.

... In Washington, DC, a former FBI agent pleaded guilty Monday to charges related to stealing heroin from evidence bags.

... In Las Cruces, New Mexico, a former Dona Ana County jail guard pleaded guilty Tuesday to plotting to distribute heroin, cocaine, and meth within the jail.

... In Miami, a former Miami-Dade police internal affairs lieutenant pleaded guilty Tuesday to working with cocaine smugglers to smuggle guns through airport security.

... In Birmingham, Alabama, a former Winston County sheriff's deputy was sentenced last Friday to nearly four years in federal prison for threatening a woman with an arrest warrant unless she agreed to cook meth for him.

... In Bridgeton, New Jersey, a former Bayside State Prison guard was sentenced Tuesday to seven years in state prison for selling drugs to inmates.

... In Titusville, Florida, a former Titusville police officer was sentenced Tuesday to 10 years in federal prison for arranging drug deals.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I'm so shocked!

Far more whites than minorities approve of police hitting people

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
They probably thought "Snoop Dogg? Didn't he do 'gently caress The Police'?"

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/witnesses-police-let-k-9-maul-handcuffed-unconscious-mans-face-they-beat-him-death

quote:

One of the officers is heard on the dispatch recording saying “Subject under…tried to disarm me.”

quote:

Ricardo Garcia, another eyewitness, is outraged. “The guy was out cold,” stated Garcia. “They punched him, stomped him, kicked him and then they let the dog out of the car. The dog bit him on his face and around his body. There’s no call for that. Once a man is handcuffed and unconscious, you should have stuck him in the patrol car and take him to the police station. Instead, they decided to beat him right here.”

White was taken into custody around 11am Tuesday morning and died shortly thereafter.

Eventually people will literally start fighting for their lives when approached by cops death squads, and the Blue Gang will cry about their "daily danger" to every media outlet they can wring time out of.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
Speaking of job danger...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cine-study.html

quote:

Study reveals cops are the most obese workers in America

Their job is to protect and serve – but it seems some police officers interpret this as an excuse to enjoy too many extra servings at the lunch table.

A study has revealed US cops have the highest rates of obesity among any profession in the country.

Along with firefighters and security guards, nearly 41 per cent of boys in blue are obese, according to a study in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine.

Not just scared but slow fat and scared.

Americops are literally fatter than the buttertrolls that work in the software industry at desks covered in soda bottles and dorito bags.

quote:

Police officers, firefighters and security guards could do with taking it easy on the doughnuts, says the study

We could expect them to show "restraint" or "sound judgement" .. naw. We all know thats not part of their job!

Lets do this instead! :

quote:

Some firms have started trying to tackle the problem by paying for employees’ weight-loss surgery,

At least we know why they shoot everybody. They are literally in danger from running.

edit: Its also interesting from the intelligence-vs-restraint angle. Scientists are the least fat. Cops are the most fat. Maybe the hiring process should be re-examined for what it is selecting for.

FRINGE fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Apr 4, 2015

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
South Carolina police officer going to be charged with murder, video to be released tonight:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2015/04/07/south-carolina-police-officer-will-be-charged-with-murder-after-shooting/

That's going to be a pretty loving obvious video I'm guessing.

Apparently a still from the video from the Post and Courier:

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20150407/PC16/150409468

pathetic little tramp fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Apr 7, 2015

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Will he be convicted, or will he get off on "i was scared"?

The second one probably :smith:

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Arnold of Soissons posted:

Let me shoot a guy in a park and make a song and a video about how I shot him in the park, but at trial I'll have some dumbass testify he did it and I'll somehow become a mainstream celeb

This but Vince Neil

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
So far SLED in South Carolina has been pretty spot on, even arrestin the Sheriff of of Charleston County and him getting a conviction on slapping a handcuffed dude.
I am fairly confident that this cop will not get out scot free. He was arrested and booked into the county jail on a murder charge, too. And is there right now.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Video: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/08/us/south-carolina-officer-is-charged-with-murder-in-black-mans-death.html?smid=tw-bna&_r=1

Stone cold murdered him, edit: and the video caught him planting the taser on him. This guy is going away for a long long long loving time.

pathetic little tramp fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Apr 7, 2015

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

pathetic little tramp posted:

South Carolina police officer going to be charged with murder, video to be released tonight:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2015/04/07/south-carolina-police-officer-will-be-charged-with-murder-after-shooting/

That's going to be a pretty loving obvious video I'm guessing.

Apparently a still from the video from the Post and Courier:

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20150407/PC16/150409468

I'd like to think this is a slamdunk, but I know better.

I know better. :(

Edit: Jesus loving Christ.

mdemone fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Apr 7, 2015

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
What the everloving gently caress?

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

Video: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/08/us/south-carolina-officer-is-charged-with-murder-in-black-mans-death.html?smid=tw-bna&_r=1

Stone cold murdered him, edit: and the video caught him planting the taser on him. This guy is going away for a long long long loving time.

I am loving dying to see people defend this guy considering how loving blatant this was.

Vahakyla posted:

What the everloving gently caress?

Seriously.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

We didn't see the events that lead up to the shooting, blah blah blah.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Thank goodness there was a recording. While watching it I was honestly surprised the cop didn't try to take the phone.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Lemming posted:

Thank goodness there was a recording. While watching it I was honestly surprised the cop didn't try to take the phone.

Yeah maybe he was zoomed in while being a long way away, because I was sure any minute the guy holding it was going to get the police officer ordering him to turn it off.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Nah he is standing right next to them near the fence.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Vahakyla posted:

Nah he is standing right next to them near the fence.

I kept thinking the cop was going to see the person with the phone and I was getting anxious for them to beat feet out of there before they got dead too. I'd still be running if it was me.

JohnGalt
Aug 7, 2012

He could face the death penalty.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
It's a shame that judge and jury will probably consider his being a police officer a mitigating factor away from the death penalty, rather than an aggravating factor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

JohnGalt posted:

He could face the death penalty.

That's going to take a DA with bigger balls than most.

• Locked thread