Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

iwentdoodie posted:

Yep, and it has a hole in the base and one on top. Cleaned those out and same. I'm really wondering if it's just not getting fuel into the bowl. I know the line flows, and I know the jets are clean. But the plug has nothing on it, and it never even tries to catch. Is there a trick to actually getting that bowl off without ruining it?

Edit: thinking about it, that almost has to be the issue. Removing that bolt never results in any fuel leaking out of it.

Yea maybe the needle valve is stuck, taking that bolt out should leak a whole bowl of gas out, at least. Stupid question but is there a shutoff valve on the tank and is it turned on?

e: nm, you said the line flows for the shutoff valve question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Some days you just come home still in your uniform boots and all, throw that poo poo to the floor, pound a beer, pack a bowl, and put on some loony toons, Its all you can do.

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL
My oncologist complemented me on my ability to survive radiation. i guess i am part cocroach. started a new cycle of radiation today, this time its high dose.
I have exactly zero energy now. I have no idea how i am going to get trough this 3x per week the next 12 weeks. I feel like i am putting all the burden of raising our twin boys on the wife. i have spent what little i have of spark in me today to offload non-essential things in my life to others. I own three properties we rent out to mostly students, today i hired a managment firm to deal with it. i also hired a cleaning lady to help us out. I have also taken this first week of the cycle off work.

in other news. LS7 came today, my brother are moving it to my dads farm (where our excuse for a shop is) and i think maybe the turbos should arrive shortly. maybe i can start cleaning up the B in the summer.

oh, and my twins are kinda cool. they have just learned the effect of punching boys/men in the balls. Luckily they practice on each others.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I shipped a package at USPS after work the other day and they loving shipped it to my house instead of the person I shipped it to!

That's pretty impressive.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The only reason I am packing this thing two days early is so I have a desk-like space to play Morrowind on.

Kind of a weird thing to ask, and I refer to STR as he seems to be the most experienced at cheesing cellphone data:

While I'm here at Bliss my phone has nearly no signal (sprint). It's an HTC M7. I do have very expensive internet through the local WiFi, but it supports one device only and I've tired MAC spoofing on my phone and that didn't work, so I have internet only on my SP3. Is there any way to do some sort of reverse usb tethering to my phone? It's rooted running whatever nightly of cyanogenmod (currently 12-20150404-NIGHTLY-m7spr) available.

I just have a few apps I want to download and set up, plus some other home automation things I have set that work only through my phone, as I was too lazy to set up things properly before being rushed on this deployment (they called me on a wednesday asking if I could leave the following monday).

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

fjelltorsk posted:

My oncologist complemented me on my ability to survive radiation. i guess i am part cocroach. started a new cycle of radiation today, this time its high dose.
I have exactly zero energy now. I have no idea how i am going to get trough this 3x per week the next 12 weeks. I feel like i am putting all the burden of raising our twin boys on the wife. i have spent what little i have of spark in me today to offload non-essential things in my life to others. I own three properties we rent out to mostly students, today i hired a managment firm to deal with it. i also hired a cleaning lady to help us out. I have also taken this first week of the cycle off work.

in other news. LS7 came today, my brother are moving it to my dads farm (where our excuse for a shop is) and i think maybe the turbos should arrive shortly. maybe i can start cleaning up the B in the summer.

oh, and my twins are kinda cool. they have just learned the effect of punching boys/men in the balls. Luckily they practice on each others.

I dont know who you are are but you put my "lovely" day in perspective.
God speed man.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Just reading this whole yes you still will stink you bomb weed......

I'm more WTF about the cop giving a poo poo about weed rather than the loving stolen car. FFS, weed is goddamn near harmless who the hell cares?!?!? It's loving dumb that I could *literally* take a walk not far from where I live, harvest as much wild weed as I wanted and be a criminal. I thought I had walked into someone's stash but I've since found out cannibas grows wild here and it's dead easy to find. Criminalisation makes zero sense anymore on any level.

And frankly I tend to find weed smokers - even ones who don't give a gently caress about the legality - tend to be more considerate of non smokers.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Cat Terrist posted:

Just reading this whole yes you still will stink you bomb weed......

I'm more WTF about the cop giving a poo poo about weed rather than the loving stolen car. FFS, weed is goddamn near harmless who the hell cares?!?!? It's loving dumb that I could *literally* take a walk not far from where I live, harvest as much wild weed as I wanted and be a criminal. I thought I had walked into someone's stash but I've since found out cannibas grows wild here and it's dead easy to find. Criminalisation makes zero sense anymore on any level.

And frankly I tend to find weed smokers - even ones who don't give a gently caress about the legality - tend to be more considerate of non smokers.

Welcome to America. Child molesters, wife beaters, and methed out tweakers walking free while stoners serve years in prison for daring to smoke weed. It's slightly hosed up.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

fjelltorsk posted:

Your friends and family are there to help, don't worry about having them help.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

T1g4h posted:

Welcome to America. Child molesters, wife beaters, and methed out tweakers walking free while stoners serve years in prison for daring to smoke weed. It's slightly hosed up.

Welcome to Australia or anywhere else where weed is THE DEVILS PLANT AGGGGHHHHHH MORAL PANIC

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Yeah because people who use drugs at all are degenerate scum. Legalizing it might mean that some of those worldviews aren't black and white, and we can't have that, now can we?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I mean if nothing else, you'd think Colorado and Washington would be setting a great example with their fat stacks of cash that they're rolling in. That alone should be some sort of incentive :v:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Thanks, rock auto!

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Cat Terrist posted:

I thought I had walked into someone's stash but I've since found out cannibas grows wild here and it's dead easy to find. Criminalisation makes zero sense anymore on any level.

There is a reason why it earned the nickname "Weed" since its a loving weed that grows anywhere and everywhere. Granted you wouldn't really want to smoke anything you find growing wild since it will probably just give you a headache.

T1g4h posted:

Time to head to the glorious PNW where you can walk into a store and buy anything you want! Prices are still kinda stupid, but I am OK with it since I walk into a store, show them my drivers license to prove I am over 21 and walk out with a pre-rolled joint and potent as gently caress brownie.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Negromancer posted:

Time to head to the glorious PNW where you can walk into a store and buy anything you want! Prices are still kinda stupid, but I am OK with it since I walk into a store, show them my drivers license to prove I am over 21 and walk out with a pre-rolled joint and potent as gently caress brownie.

Define stupid re: prices. Because I'm genuinely curious how much you guys pay per gram at a shop.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

T1g4h posted:

Define stupid re: prices. Because I'm genuinely curious how much you guys pay per gram at a shop.

These are the 2 places that I tend to visit:

http://docksidecannabis.com/

http://www.oceangreensseattle.com/

I guess its not insane compared to street prices in other parts of the country, but prices here have always been super low so its more expensive than it would be from a dealer.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Negromancer posted:

I guess its not insane compared to street prices in other parts of the country, but prices here have always been super low so its more expensive than it would be from a dealer.

:stare:

That settles it, moving to Washington. $15/g here would likely get you some semi-decent reggie but nothing particularly great.

If nothing else, it'd be nice to just be able to walk into a shop, pick out some decent poo poo, and walk out without the hassle of hitting up someone, seeing if they have any, seeing if they know anyone who does if they don't, etc. Fuckin convenience aspect alone would be amazing.

T1g4h fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Apr 8, 2015

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Cat Terrist posted:

I thought I had walked into someone's stash but I've since found out cannibas grows wild here and it's dead easy to find.

It's probably wild-growing hemp. Happens all the time in places where it used to be grown when it was still a legal commercial crop. Grows like a weed and is visually indistinguishable from marijuana and as stated at best will give you a headache before it makes you high.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Yea that and only the female plants are worth smoking and only if they havent been around male plants.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

Powershift posted:

Thanks, rock auto!

My last order from Rock Auto had 6 air filters, in a box that could hold at least 20.

Amazon also seems to do a super lovely job of fitting the item to the correct box. I know I can't really complain about waste since I'm the rear end in a top hat doing all of the ordering, but I swear everything I order not only comes alone in a box, but the box is almost always comically large compared to the item.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Astonishing Wang posted:

My last order from Rock Auto had 6 air filters, in a box that could hold at least 20.

Amazon also seems to do a super lovely job of fitting the item to the correct box. I know I can't really complain about waste since I'm the rear end in a top hat doing all of the ordering, but I swear everything I order not only comes alone in a box, but the box is almost always comically large compared to the item.

HP is notorious for this kind of thing.

Two sheets of paper:

One memory stick:

One 10' power cable:

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I am to the point that I am "gently caress brick and mortar" and buy everything online. I really would patronize mom and pop shops but they are a dying breed if I can find a store that is selling what I want. It took 15 minutes to get someone at the sunglasses desk at the local academy sports then another 10 minute for them to find the brand and model I wanted.

Don't EVEN get me started on self check out lanes at home depot and Lowes. gently caress those loving fucks. I was thiiiiiiiiis close to completely having a meltdown and showing my rear end when I was trying to buy some stuff that refused to register that didn't weigh enough. Granted it was at the end of a long day and was my fourth time up there in one day for various crap.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Geoj posted:

It's probably wild-growing hemp. Happens all the time in places where it used to be grown when it was still a legal commercial crop. Grows like a weed and is visually indistinguishable from marijuana and as stated at best will give you a headache before it makes you high.

Not..... quite in this case :)

Turns out that the cultivars for hemp production aren't the ones growing wild and it's been much more prevalent years ago

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunter_Valley_cannabis_infestation

This time it looks like it's popping up in areas where they cant spray (National Parks)

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Geirskogul posted:

The only reason I am packing this thing two days early is so I have a desk-like space to play Morrowind on.

Kind of a weird thing to ask, and I refer to STR as he seems to be the most experienced at cheesing cellphone data:

While I'm here at Bliss my phone has nearly no signal (sprint). It's an HTC M7. I do have very expensive internet through the local WiFi, but it supports one device only and I've tired MAC spoofing on my phone and that didn't work, so I have internet only on my SP3. Is there any way to do some sort of reverse usb tethering to my phone? It's rooted running whatever nightly of cyanogenmod (currently 12-20150404-NIGHTLY-m7spr) available.

I just have a few apps I want to download and set up, plus some other home automation things I have set that work only through my phone, as I was too lazy to set up things properly before being rushed on this deployment (they called me on a wednesday asking if I could leave the following monday).

Can you clarify what a SP3 is? My guess is the only way would be to create a hotspot using your SP3.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
It's my surface pro 3. I unfortunately can't seem to create a hotspot with it while still connected to WiFi - I'd need a USB wifi adapter that supports host mode to do that.

I tried the reverse tether option, but the only way that works on Lollipop is to install the Xposed framework, but that's not supported on 5.0/5.1 through the OS. I'd have to install an alpha version of Xposed through the recovery bootloader, but the CM recovery I have only supports system update installs, not just normal package installs. It's crazy.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Geirskogul posted:

It's my surface pro 3. I unfortunately can't seem to create a hotspot with it while still connected to WiFi - I'd need a USB wifi adapter that supports host mode to do that.

I tried the reverse tether option, but the only way that works on Lollipop is to install the Xposed framework, but that's not supported on 5.0/5.1 through the OS. I'd have to install an alpha version of Xposed through the recovery bootloader, but the CM recovery I have only supports system update installs, not just normal package installs. It's crazy.

You need PDANet.

http://pdanet.co/

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

The description of that is that it's a tethering app. I want to reverse tether?

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Tide posted:

I am to the point that I am "gently caress brick and mortar" and buy everything online. I really would patronize mom and pop shops but they are a dying breed if I can find a store that is selling what I want. It took 15 minutes to get someone at the sunglasses desk at the local academy sports then another 10 minute for them to find the brand and model I wanted.

Don't EVEN get me started on self check out lanes at home depot and Lowes. gently caress those loving fucks. I was thiiiiiiiiis close to completely having a meltdown and showing my rear end when I was trying to buy some stuff that refused to register that didn't weigh enough. Granted it was at the end of a long day and was my fourth time up there in one day for various crap.

I'm having a hard time figuring out why local "mom and pop" businesses can't have an online storefront and order processing with a local warehouse for pickup.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Negromancer posted:

Which store are you buying vape cartridges from? That was a good price you mentioned earlier

How's your pup doing?

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Extra posted:

I'm having a hard time figuring out why local "mom and pop" businesses can't have an online storefront and order processing with a local warehouse for pickup.

They either a) don't know they can or b) can't or won't move forward with the way shoppers or moving forward. There are very few things I need right now and can wait a few days to receive. I would always prefer to buy local/small business even to the point of spending a little more money to do so. But the option just isn't there anymore in many ways

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Kina E/N here, but I feel really off the last few days. Hours at work are short and I'm on a different machine doing e-beam welding instead of CMM. It's interesting work but it's not what I want to do with my life. I finished up all these projects over my 4 day weekend and I just feel such ennui about everything. I feel this longing and nostalgia and I have no idea what for. One phrase keeps coming into my head "I want to just go home". I am home. My wife is here, my cats are here, my whole life is here and just want to go home. I have no idea WTF is going on with me. I have been running more just to keep the depression at bay. I had really severe depression diagnosed about a decade ago, but I couldn't afford to keep going to therapy and pay for the meds (Wellbutrin) and I had to quit cold turkey. I found that the only thing that brings me up is exercise, and booze. I've had a pretty bad five year bout with alcoholism. I get hangovers within an hour of having a drink now, and I have no money for booze anymore. I spent my last nickel on parts for the miata's top and now I am so tapped out I have no idea how I'm gonna pay the bills this month. I guess I have to sell some bicycles again :smith:

I'll leave you with this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJVQJ4-n_cA
It's how I feel, even the notes describe my mood. I wish I had some wine. I guess I'll go to bed. Sorry to take your time guys, I feel so adrift :qq:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Extra posted:

Because that assumes a lot about their logistics capabilities. If you have 20 retail employees, you might not have someone to write you up some software to interface whatever platform you're using for inventory. Since it's a small operation, you might not even have super accurate inventory anyway, and rely on hand-counts of the important stuff every once in awhile. There might not be an easily accessed database of what product is currently in-stock, and if it exists it might be in some old-rear end format that won't play with a web frontend very well.

Basically, it's complicated, and you'd need to burn a lot of manpower integrating whatever system they use with whatever framework you want to hang your e-commerce site on, and a lot of them are probably past the point of that kind of thing being profitable. Especially when you only have a couple employees.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Taco Box posted:

Kina E/N here, but I feel really off the last few days. Hours at work are short and I'm on a different machine doing e-beam welding instead of CMM. It's interesting work but it's not what I want to do with my life. I finished up all these projects over my 4 day weekend and I just feel such ennui about everything. I feel this longing and nostalgia and I have no idea what for. One phrase keeps coming into my head "I want to just go home". I am home. My wife is here, my cats are here, my whole life is here and just want to go home. I have no idea WTF is going on with me. I have been running more just to keep the depression at bay. I had really severe depression diagnosed about a decade ago, but I couldn't afford to keep going to therapy and pay for the meds (Wellbutrin) and I had to quit cold turkey. I found that the only thing that brings me up is exercise, and booze. I've had a pretty bad five year bout with alcoholism. I get hangovers within an hour of having a drink now, and I have no money for booze anymore. I spent my last nickel on parts for the miata's top and now I am so tapped out I have no idea how I'm gonna pay the bills this month. I guess I have to sell some bicycles again :smith:

I...think I know this feeling. The "I want to go home" part, can't speak for the depression, I've only ever really had to deal with anxiety. Find something new to take up your time, or find a new direction to go in. Hang in there you delicious box of tacos!

Also, my feelings on racing sims so far: iRacing>Assetto Corsa. Mainly because I can see the loving track in iRacing, whereas in AC everything is so loving washed out in "sun reflections" all I see is big white areas in some corners with a vague rumble strip somewhere in the middle. Although I do love the way AC handles once I got used to the touchy braking, and the cars snarl and crackle and pop, like race cars should. I do hope it becomes more race-y soon though, because about all it's good for right now is hot lapping. And blowing that sun-blinded corner

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.

Raluek posted:

Because that assumes a lot about their logistics capabilities. If you have 20 retail employees, you might not have someone to write you up some software to interface whatever platform you're using for inventory. Since it's a small operation, you might not even have super accurate inventory anyway, and rely on hand-counts of the important stuff every once in awhile. There might not be an easily accessed database of what product is currently in-stock, and if it exists it might be in some old-rear end format that won't play with a web frontend very well.

Basically, it's complicated, and you'd need to burn a lot of manpower integrating whatever system they use with whatever framework you want to hang your e-commerce site on, and a lot of them are probably past the point of that kind of thing being profitable. Especially when you only have a couple employees.

Logistics capabilities isn't really the excuse it once was.

IBM will happily sell you an inventory system that has all the same general features and based on the same enterprise quality software that the elephants like WalMart use, for a reasonable price and designed for businesses that really don't have their own in house IT or are slightly behind the technology curve. Pretty much a plug it in, boot it up, click a few buttons, and its up and running/ Check under their small and medium business offerings.

I know of a few small start ups that are trying to hook up existing POS systems to an Android or iPhone app to help businesses manage inventory, see customer metrics, and do social media type advertising among other things. Its all intended to be automated, so the business owner gets a notification on the phone when some product is selling faster this week than normal and probably needs a reorder ahead of schedule.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Without going into too much detail, pretty much all of my inventory is managed from iPhones with 3D scanner/credit card sleds and it's really handy for receiving shipments and other things

downside is that only my company can use it :v:

http://9to5mac.com/2014/05/09/apple-store-employees-switching-from-ipod-touch-to-iphone-5s-for-easypay-pos-system/

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Apr 8, 2015

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Brigdh posted:

Logistics capabilities isn't really the excuse it once was.

IBM will happily sell you an inventory system that has all the same general features and based on the same enterprise quality software that the elephants like WalMart use, for a reasonable price and designed for businesses that really don't have their own in house IT or are slightly behind the technology curve. Pretty much a plug it in, boot it up, click a few buttons, and its up and running/ Check under their small and medium business offerings.

I know of a few small start ups that are trying to hook up existing POS systems to an Android or iPhone app to help businesses manage inventory, see customer metrics, and do social media type advertising among other things. Its all intended to be automated, so the business owner gets a notification on the phone when some product is selling faster this week than normal and probably needs a reorder ahead of schedule.

Maybe some mom n pop places are capable of doing that. The one I used to work for refused to use a computerized point of sale, instead opting for a cash register and a separate DOS inventory program, which was fed by hand-counts every six weeks. This business sells computers and electronics. :shrug:

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.

Raluek posted:

Maybe some mom n pop places are capable of doing that. The one I used to work for refused to use a computerized point of sale, instead opting for a cash register and a separate DOS inventory program, which was fed by hand-counts every six weeks. This business sells computers and electronics. :shrug:

Thats not a logistics problem, thats a political problem.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Brigdh posted:

Thats not a logistics problem, thats a political problem.

It takes billable hours that small businesses can't afford, endless nights, to convert these kinds of systems into something modern that can be plugged into a modern system. Not to mention re-training, and paying for the software in the first place. The thing with small businesses is that they are small because they can't afford to be any bigger.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
Tomorrow I'm driving the 645csi to work so that I can drive it to a buddy's mom's house afterwards so that I can pull out the battery, hop in a 400hp Volvo, drive 2 hours north, put battery in a 535is that's been sleeping for 6 months, and drive it south 2 hours.

It's going to be a long day but I can't wait! Too bad I can't sleep...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Well, first day of class was today. Went fine until I drove home.

I figured "hey, it's 10pm, 635 won't be bad at all, I can avoid taking any toll roads!"

.... 45 minutes later I had made it a whole 5 miles. :suicide: Lesson learned: never use 635, even late at night on a weeknight.

For non-DFW goons, the section of I-635 between I-35E and US-75 has been under (re)construction for about 4 years to add tolled express lanes, and the toll lanes just wind up dumping you into the middle of the clusterfuck anyway.

Geirskogul posted:

Ft Bliss is a black hole for every mobile provider, but Sprint in particular is pretty terrible in El Paso.

The best you might be able to do is bridge the wireless and wired adapters inside of Windows, then plug a cheap access point or repurposed router into your PC's ethernet port. Sounds backwards, but that's how I got a connection for my tablet, Xbox, phone, and laptop when I lived in dorms. Had to unplug it anytime I wasn't there, since setting up your own access point meant getting kicked out.

I don't think you can do MAC spoofing on your phone (most phones for that matter) either.

fake edit: I just realized you're using a Surface tablet. I really got nothin unless you can somehow get a USB 10/100 adapter to work on it, assuming it has full blown Windows 8 on it. :smith: I don't think it's nearly as easy to bridge two wireless adapters.

Negromancer posted:

:stare:

I'll just say those prices are on par with street prices here, for stuff nowhere near as good.

Tide posted:

The Home Depots here have the scales turned off on the self check out lanes. Thank gently caress, since I might be buying something that weighs half a gram (such as a washer), which is below what those scales can accurately weigh.

Can't say I've ever seen one in Lowe's though - Lowe's, around here anyway, uses an in-house point of sale system, and the self checkouts generally expect an IBM or NCR backend.

Raluek posted:

It takes billable hours that small businesses can't afford, endless nights, to convert these kinds of systems into something modern that can be plugged into a modern system. Not to mention re-training, and paying for the software in the first place. The thing with small businesses is that they are small because they can't afford to be any bigger.

You can drop $300 on a normal cash register that integrates into Quickbooks (and many other small business oriented software packages), and even has a barcode scanner. It'd take a bit of work, but that register will be able to use barcodes, and update inventory (via Quickbooks or whatever software they use). This is a stand alone register, not a PC based register, so there really wouldn't be much retraining beyond "hey, scan the barcodes instead of hand-keying everything" - and they're configurable to the point that you can lock out someone actually hand keying anything. Or drop $600 on a PC based touch screen point of sale that includes literally everything you need, right down to the cash drawer, though you'll probably have a monthly license fee for the software.

There are also free and low cost point of sale software bundles that work just fine on a low end PC, just add a $25 barcode scanner and a $150 thermal printer.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Apr 8, 2015

• Locked thread