Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Alarbus posted:

The 1911 has been around since... 1911.

Yea, and has been made over and over since them, and that looked like one of the modern versions.

I want Jemma to make me sandwiches!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Oh gently caress. We're going to finally see the Bahrain Incident playout.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
That sandwich was gigantic.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Oh next week they fight grey fox after a sexchange operation

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Oh my god, the sandwich. :kimchi: as gently caress.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Fitz is having the :smug:-est cab ride ever right now. CoulShield is just running full laps around Real Shield at this point, imagine what they'd be pulling off if they were the ones with an army of faceless henchmen.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Zebulon posted:

Oh gently caress. We're going to finally see the Bahrain Incident playout.

The whole episode is titled 'Melinda', so I am excited, but also scared

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

BrianWilly posted:

That sandwich was gigantic.

Being a total badass builds up a mighty hunger.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Simmons still the cutest.

I hope that promo means we see May kick more rear end than usual next week.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

They've got to be tracking Fitz somehow right? I mean he's gonna go straight to Coulson.

God I love this show :3:

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Deakul posted:

As dreary as the first half of season 1 was, at least it's paying off with these little moments. :3:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I turned into a huge fangirl when Deathlock showed up!

So, Momma Poots is back. If she can come back from a vivisection, then you know drat well that Whitehall can come back from a gunshot...

Also, I was waiting for them to reveal the cab driver to be Ward...

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Tyree posted:

So simmons and fitz set up a biometric lock based on fitz's dna or some poo poo, right?

They said something about scanning areas of the cube, I got the impression that Jemma just scanned every section so she could make a passable copy and give Fitz the real one. Cause if she just had a plastic box, the NuSHIELD lab geeks are gonna notice that, like, immediately.

drat this show is so good. Anybody have pictures of the new Deathlok costume yet? Just fuckin' STREETS ahead of the old lazertag one.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

XboxPants posted:

They said something about scanning areas of the cube, I got the impression that Jemma just scanned every section so she could make a passable copy and give Fitz the real one. Cause if she just had a plastic box, the NuSHIELD lab geeks are gonna notice that, like, immediately.

drat this show is so good. Anybody have pictures of the new Deathlok costume yet? Just fuckin' STREETS ahead of the old lazertag one.

Yeah, I thought that whole bit about "you wanted me to see this" was her making sure the scanned images got to Fitz so he could make the copy and sleight-of-hand the substitution in that little juggling scene.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Kheldarn posted:

I turned into a huge fangirl when Deathlock showed up!

So, Momma Poots is back. If she can come back from a vivisection, then you know drat well that Whitehall can come back from a gunshot...

Also, I was waiting for them to reveal the cab driver to be Ward...

Whitehall had only second hand organs, which were wearing out by his own admission. He was looking for more people to experiment on to further prolong his life.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Really great episode. I figured that Fitz and Gemma were up to something after Fitz went to see Gemma when Mack showed him the cube images. Loved the sandwich callback.

Having to work with Ward is also going to be hilarious, because earlier he was just so hoping to get back in. "I'm still on your team!"

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Deakul posted:

Alright, so I think I remember the sandwich and that it's a callback to something between FitzSimmons. But my memory, my god, it's really loving bad. :smith: Can anyone help remind me?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Yeah, I thought that whole bit about "you wanted me to see this" was her making sure the scanned images got to Fitz so he could make the copy and sleight-of-hand the substitution in that little juggling scene.

This is what I figure. Jemma was under watch the whole time she worked on the cube, so she got Fitz the info he needed to make a copy. And then the two of them have a nice argument to distract attention from Fitz making the switch.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
For some reason when Coulson said he had backup and that it was one guy, I honest to god thought it was going to be Hawkeye. But I'm happier it was Dethlok.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

greatn posted:

For some reason when Coulson said he had backup and that it was one guy, I honest to god thought it was going to be Hawkeye. But I'm happier it was Dethlok.

I vaguely thought it may be Maria Hill.

Man I hope that when they team up with Ward, Agent 33 inevitably helps Ward backstab them all :allears:

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

XboxPants posted:

Alright, so I think I remember the sandwich and that it's a callback to something between FitzSimmons. But my memory, my god, it's really loving bad. :smith: Can anyone help remind me?

If I recall correctly, back in the first season when they sent Fitz out on a field mission for the first time(no idea exactly which episode but I think it was early on), Simmons made Fitz that sandwich to bring with him because it was his favorite...

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
In the tag, Gemma could barely keep herself from smirking as she was telling Mack and Bobbi that the cube was essentially just a worthless lump of plastic.

GLOSS posted:

If I recall correctly, back in the first season when they sent Fitz out on a field mission for the first time(no idea exactly which episode but I think it was early on), Simmons made Fitz that sandwich to bring with him because it was his favorite...

"The Hub", which I think was episode 6. Ward ended yup throwing the sandwich into a puddle because it would attract dogs... apparently if Fitz ate it, but not if it was sitting in a puddle for some reason.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

GLOSS posted:

It was when Fitz went on a mission with Ward. Ward tossed the sandwich before Fitz could eat it because of patrol dogs (?).

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Also I think Ward threw the sandwich away, which was our first clue about his true nature.

edit:

Xtanstic posted:

It was when Fitz went on a mission with Ward. Ward tossed the sandwich before Fitz could eat it because of patrol dogs (?).
:doom:

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Xtanstic posted:

Oh hahahaha yeah, I remember now. I think that was one of the first times the thread saw that the show had real potential for greatness.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Yeah it was one of the better early episodes and had some good character moments for Fitz and cardboard Grant Ward.

e: It's episode 7, The Hub.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Xtanstic posted:

I vaguely thought it may be Maria Hill.

Man I hope that when they team up with Ward, Agent 33 inevitably helps Ward backstab them all :allears:

With only one it'd have to be someone pretty special. I had forgotten entirely about Deathlok, so I assumed it'd be Sif or something

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Like...

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
He needs to team up with Sif again, just to troll Gonzales. "Teaming up with even more people with powers?"

Team up with Razor Fingers if it will scare Gonzales.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Xtanstic posted:

We should have know Ward was evil right then and there.

Remember when everyone got mad at Clark Gregg for being angry at people who didn't like the show? Now we're looking back on early season one with fond memories...

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Just another reason why SHIELD is better than HYDRA

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

greatn posted:

He needs to team up with Sif again, just to troll Gonzales. "Teaming up with even more people with powers?"

Team up with Razor Fingers if it will scare Gonzales.

Retake the base with Deathlok, Sif, Skye, add in the amnesiac Kree while they're at it.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The first one didn't look nearly as bad actually on screen with production lighting, though the second is a lot better. Usually guys in the comic threads are comparing about everything being grey though.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Man, that season 1 costume was so bad. They couldn't even bother getting him pants that fit.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

GigaPeon posted:

Remember when everyone got mad at Clark Gregg for being angry at people who didn't like the show? Now we're looking back on early season one with fond memories...

Yeah but in fairness those early episodes were slow and multiple week breaks inbetween them did not help things at all. I was super excited for the premiere, watched 2 episodes and promptly forgot about it for over a month and then I caught up around xmas time which means that I barely missed anything? It's definitely much more manageable if you can marathon through to Turn, Turn, Turn.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

He moved up to a better laser tag league?

I wonder how Skye's mom is still alive? Did they just sew her up and wait for her to get better? I hope that was the case.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Oh my god this church camp Sky got sent to reminds me way too much of annoying christian lock-ins and communities.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

He moved up to a better laser tag league?

I wonder how Skye's mom is still alive? Did they just sew her up and wait for her to get better? I hope that was the case.

Well it sure as hell looks like it.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Has anyone here ever seen the movie Summer School? Mark Harmon plays a high school gym teacher who's roped into teaching an English class over the summer for the goof-off kids. When the first day of class starts, a large black guy says he needs to go to the bathroom. He gets the hall pass, and leaves. He's never seen again, until the end of the movie, when it's time for the class to take their final exam. He walks in, everyone looks at him in surprise, and the teacher asks, "Where have you been?" He replies with, "In the bathroom." The teacher asks, "The entire time?", and he responds with, "My zipper got stuck.".

That's what's gonna happen here. We haven't seen the Koenigs since they helped bring Raina in. I think it was the episode after that one where someone, Coulson, I think, mentioned in passing that the Koenigs went out for supplies. We haven't seen them since...

They're gonna come back with the supplies, see this whole Real S.H.I.E.L.D. vs S.H.I.E.L.D. thing, get mad that Real S.H.I.E.L.D. doesn't have lanyards, and then proceed to clean up.

It will be glorious!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames
I wish there weren't so many overly dramatic speeches in this show. It seems like the characters are just constantly repeating themselves, episode after episode, and they could probably make this a half hour show just by cutting those parts out.

It'd be great to see an episode where they just go somewhere and do things instead of standing around talking about it or arguing over loyalty for half the show.

In any case The Flash is beating the pants off Shield in terms of actual storyline.

bad day fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Apr 8, 2015

• Locked thread