Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Reign Of Pain posted:

So if she was hot she never would've gotten arrested. Nice.

well yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Untagged posted:

They suck, call me for legal advice instead. 1-800-FTP-4YOU.

Down here in south Texas we get TV ads for the shyster lawyers as well as the billboards. ERvery single one of them revolves around getting money after car accidents. My favorite one is "In a wreck? Need a check?"

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.
My wife is a auto medical claims adjuster and holy poo poo does she go off when she sees "CAR CRASH? MONAY TIME!!!" billboards. Because Michigan has unlimited lifetime medical benefits there's so many of those kinds of firms and they are apparently universally scum bags except for the Bernsteins, but that's only because they're big enough that they can afford to farm out the obvious scam claims to other firms. The best number is 1-800-CAR-HIT-U.

She will seriously rant about this for hours :suicide:

On the plus side I get to hear about all the hilariously bad attempts at insurance scamming.

somewhatpathetic
Oct 21, 2012
We have this guy up in Baltimore who does the same thing, but also likes to get peed on I guess.

EDIT: His website is gold.

somewhatpathetic fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Apr 7, 2015

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

somewhatpathetic posted:

We have this guy up in Baltimore who does the same thing, but also likes to get peed on I guess.

EDIT: His website is gold.

"There response is official."

Who wrote this? Untagged?

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

Who wrote this? Untagged?

What happens when you phone post with no fucks given to swype's auto correct.

"There" refers to a place.
Examples: There is a library in the first building. It is over there.
Hint: If you can use the word "here," you have it right!

"They're" is a contraction of "they are"
Example: They're not in this building.
Hint: "They" is a pronoun and "are" is the verb.
If you can substitute "We are" you have it right!

"Their" is the possessive pronoun.
Example: Their library is located on the next street.
Hint: If you can substitute "our" you have it right!

This is a good website...

"Fortunately, people change and laws change and my son now has the racial make up to be president some day. Unfortunately some things never change."

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
did you see the part where he got mad they were wiping out his contribution to his miracle?

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

Who wrote this? Branis?

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
I dont even understand what I just read

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Branis posted:

I dont even understand what I just read

lol the Dakotas are the south of the north.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
Nobody has to subtitle a south dakotan when they are on tv though :smug:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
They don't have to subtitle Cajuns either, I can understand them perfectly fine :shrug:

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Rad Lieutenant posted:

They don't have to subtitle Cajuns either, I can understand them perfectly fine :shrug:

What about the people from Tangier island VA?

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Fo3 posted:

What about the people from Tangier island VA?

As if Smith Island is any better.

I've actually spent a good amount of time on Tangier and can just about make out some of the words at this point. Some of the words.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

charge elevated to robbery :smug: 3rd robbery this month

I wonder if CA would give me a concealed carry if I actually did this victim advocacy bullshit

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

So, from the video, looks like that cop in South Carolina straight up murdered a dude.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
and then lied about it in his report and possibly planted a weapon

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Holy poo poo

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

This is why i support mandatory body cams.

Well, one of the reasons.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
#noAngel

I had a helmet camera clear me of misconduct after a lady alleged that I slapped her into face when she wouldn't listen. :smug:
I just voluntarily filmed everything everywhere all time and this time that oval office tried to be difficult.

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Apr 8, 2015

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I know a bunch of cops who were looking into purchasing their own body cams but the city said no way.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

holy poo poo that video :psyduck:

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
Vaha i'm pretty sure the no angel hashtag is for big girls to tell victoria secret to gently caress off

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
...why do I get told this just now..?

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Apr 8, 2015

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Jesus.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Please phrase the posts in the form of a question or discussion. Thank you for your cooperation citizen.

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.
Yeah I hope there is something there the camera missed because God drat. Straight up murder is hosed.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

USMC503 posted:

Yeah I hope there is something there the camera missed because God drat. Straight up murder is hosed.

The officer says that he was in fear for his life when the BMA attacked him and grabbed his tazer. However the video shows the officer throw an item onto the subject which may or may not be a tazer. It could be a trauma bag for all I know.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Is having a tazer an escalation of force to imminent deadly threat? Is reaching for an officer's tazer?

The reactions on officer.com are just a little out there.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Shooting Blanks posted:

Is having a tazer an escalation of force to imminent deadly threat?

Generally, yes. A taser can completely incapacitate you if used against you. However, you'd still have to prove that within the totality of circumstances you had to defend yourself from imminent death or great bodily harm. Just reaching for the weapon could rise to the level of a deadly threat if the attempt at obtaining your weapon could or does overpower you, or the attempts are repeated and done with force. There'd obviously be a lot of factors at play with those that make it hard to give a blanket statement.

This is not a response to anything in the video, just a generic response to your question.

The Shep fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Apr 8, 2015

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.
I was wondering this earlier: what is the range on a tazer anyway? I'm just curious because if the dude DID have the cops tazer (it didn't look like it but let's just go with it), ignoring that the dude shot was running away, was he even close enough to be able to deploy the tazer on the cop?

I just don't see how the officer could have felt his life was in danger from a guy running away and was a good distance away before being fired upon, even if he did have his tazer. I mean, I get adrenaline, but unless the guy had turned around first (which obviously didn't happen), I just don't see how that could be a "good shoot."

deratomicdog
Nov 2, 2005

Fight to Fly. Fly to Fight. Fight to Win.
they have different ranges depending on the cartridge but somewhere between 15 and 35 feet. I think most departments use the 25 foot cartridge.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Once a taser is fired, it can only be used in touch stun mode until you put a new cartridge in it.

Even if that guy had taken his taser, you'd have to articulate a reason to use deadly force, and the guy running away from you is not a reason.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Morning news just played a high res version of the video and it looks like there's a taser cable stretching out between the two as the guy first runs away.

Even if he did grab the taser and you pull and fire a round you've got to be able to justify each one of those rounds & I still don't see how he's a threat, especially by that final shot when the guys like 50 feet away :stare:

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Once the taser has been discharged it would be really loving tough to articulate deadly force unless the guy is on top of you drive stunning you.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Unanimous opinion that this was murder from my co workers.

The officer who tackled a guy with a loaded handgun yesterday went on a pretty impressive swearing rant about the Officers decision to shoot a fleeing man in the back.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

At least they were quick to charge him, if this had turned into another "suspended with pay pending full investigation" you know there would be more riots.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
if you listen closely at the start of the video you can hear what sounds like the taser discharging, so yeah even if the guy had it it would be useless as an incapacitation device

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Yeah, it's straight up murder and I've only seen one person arguing otherwise.

• Locked thread