Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LSD at the gangbang
Dec 27, 2009

I knew a Keona in high school, but he was Hawaiian. I assume that's not the case here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
There was a family with like 14 kids with all P names in my neighborhood. Paris, Prince, Pierre...

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Rough Lobster posted:

There was a family with like 14 kids with all P names in my neighborhood. Paris, Prince, Pierre...

Did they practice magic ?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Someone please tell me this is a normal name in a language I don't speak, because right now it's doing me in. Yasp?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Antivehicular posted:

Someone please tell me this is a normal name in a language I don't speak, because right now it's doing me in. Yasp?

Sister of Welp.

All on Black
Dec 14, 2007

She's not "that Mexican", Mom, she's MY Mexican. And she's...Colombian or something.
Yasp sounds like it should be one of the District Bulletin characters, a la Doroille and Weyre Asb.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
I have fingers crossed for Yasp from Yasper from Phonetic Nordic Jasper, but then I'm not sure that actually makes it any better at all.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

sweeperbravo posted:

I have fingers crossed for Yasp from Yasper from Phonetic Nordic Jasper, but then I'm not sure that actually makes it any better at all.

That was my initial thought, too.
That said, the name was painted on a decorative sign, not a legal document; it could be a nickname that is in no way related to the kid's real name.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Istari posted:

That was my initial thought, too.
That said, the name was painted on a decorative sign, not a legal document; it could be a nickname that is in no way related to the kid's real name.

YASP, bithc

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Young Anglo-Saxon Protestant

Carbon Thief
Oct 11, 2009

Diamonds aren't the only things that are forever.

Mlle posted:

I knew a Keona in high school, but he was Hawaiian. I assume that's not the case here.

Nope, white girl.

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Angered & displeased, he went to the Blessed One and, on arrival, insulted & cursed him with rude, harsh words.

When this was said, the Blessed One said to him:

"Motherfucker I will -end- you"

So, I ran into a name I felt compelled to share. Khristofpher.

Whitepeople.txt

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.
So here's a neat one that I don't remember being posted before: the actor who played the depraved mad scientist in The Human Centipede is named Dieter Laser. More of an awesome name than a terrible one, but then, this thread seems to have become the PYF terrible OR awesome names thread a long time ago.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

Dick Boss, library automation consultant :smuggo:

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
I met a girl last night named MaKinzey.

Coleridge49
May 8, 2007
These poor unfortunate bastards.

Who in the holy gently caress names their kid Mayo Naise?

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

Quantumfate posted:

So, I ran into a name I felt compelled to share. Khristofpher.

Whitepeople.txt

I know a guy named Kristofer, but his parents are both Chinese immigrants. His middle name is some phonetic spelling of Stephen that I can never remember.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009

Short for "Paul Justpaulidlikeyoutonotbroadcastmylastnameontvthanksson"

Girl I used to work with has named her new son Treydon. Small town Australian white girl.

gamingCaffeinator
Sep 6, 2010

I shall sing you the song of my people.
A gentleman came through the other day with the name Sai Rolla. It could only have been better if his first name was Hai, like I originally thought.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Does there really need to be an American adaptation of Trailer Park Boys?

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
I understand people who move to a foreign country, and want to give their child a name from their homeland. But if you've lived in an English-speaking country long enough to be fairly fluent in English, you should know that it's a stupid idea to name your child Harm, even if it is a fine Dutch name.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Istari posted:

I understand people who move to a foreign country, and want to give their child a name from their homeland. But if you've lived in an English-speaking country long enough to be fairly fluent in English, you should know that it's a stupid idea to name your child Harm, even if it is a fine Dutch name.

Y'all should meet my Dutch neighbour, Bent

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Shithouse Dave posted:

Y'all should meet my Dutch neighbour, Bent

Is he the brother of Cock? Cock Frijters?

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

HOLY gently caress posted:

Dick Boss, library automation consultant :smuggo:

Don't act like you wouldn't go by Dick if your parents named you Richard Boss. This is one of those situations where you have to own the thing.

Drape Culture
Feb 9, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother.

The End.

Istari posted:

I remember someone had a sailboat named "Harm", as in "get out of Harm's way".

That would make this name not terrible at all.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

A girl I knew in college went to high school with a family of boys named Felix, Delix, and Slanix.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Ask your doctor if Slanix is right for you.

CrotchDropJeans
Jan 4, 2015
Kind of on the opposite tack: One of my coworkers is pregnant and she just found out she's having a boy. We were all chatting about it today and we asked her if she and her husband had a name picked out for the little dude. She hadn't picked a middle name, but they had a first name ready to go and when she told it to us, another colleague flipped her poo poo, literally threw her hands up in the air and told her it was a horrible, horrible name and that they'd regret it and she'd never name a child that and all kinds of related poo poo until we all just backed the gently caress away from her and left the area.

The name in question?

Henry.

I don't know what the gently caress that woman's problem was. Ex named Henry? Chevy gal? Diehard Anne Boleyn advocate?

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Astrofig posted:

Ask your doctor if Slanix is right for you.

I always thought it sounded like a drain cleaning product. But this made me laugh soup, thanks.

CrotchDropJeans posted:

Kind of on the opposite tack: One of my coworkers is pregnant and she just found out she's having a boy. We were all chatting about it today and we asked her if she and her husband had a name picked out for the little dude. She hadn't picked a middle name, but they had a first name ready to go and when she told it to us, another colleague flipped her poo poo, literally threw her hands up in the air and told her it was a horrible, horrible name and that they'd regret it and she'd never name a child that and all kinds of related poo poo until we all just backed the gently caress away from her and left the area.

The name in question?

Henry.

I don't know what the gently caress that woman's problem was. Ex named Henry? Chevy gal? Diehard Anne Boleyn advocate?
What the gently caress? Even if it's a name she didn't like, she won't even be related to the kid. What a disproportional response

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

CrotchDropJeans posted:

The name in question?

Henry.

Maybe she's just opposed to induced childbirth.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

CrotchDropJeans posted:

The name in question?

Henry.

Unless this is the case of a really unfortunate first name + last name combination nobody noticed I dunno what's up.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

sout posted:

Unless this is the case of a really unfortunate first name + last name combination nobody noticed I dunno what's up.

I'm still puzzling over this one. Is the raging coworker normally kinda weird or did this come out of nowhere?

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Waited on a white man in his thirties named Dathan Zang last night. He was probably the coolest kid in his elementary school.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

A friend of mine adopted the surname Stormlord with his wife when they got married. Then they named their kid Thor. I don't know how I should feel about this.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
shmorky

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

berenzen posted:

A friend of mine adopted the surname Stormlord with his wife when they got married. Then they named their kid Thor. I don't know how I should feel about this.

Well, you won't be the one whose kid comes crying to you when he gets beat up in school for not being able to bring the thunder, so you probably shouldn't feel anything.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

berenzen posted:

Are they neo-Nazis or is one of them Icelandic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Kynzlie

Poor kid's going to be spelling that for people every day for the rest of her life. So of course the mother was surprised and offended that I didn't instantly grok how to spell it when she said it over the phone.